Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 12-24-2004, 05:23 AM
[Fair] Offline

Send a message via AIM to [Fair]
Default Should The URPG Open A New "Branch" At PokéCommunity?

This is something that another member suggested a while ago, and back then, I didn't think it was a good idea. But, after thinking about it for a few months, I've realized that opening a new "Branch" of the URPG at PC can really spark some serious activity, and benefit both forums.

I'm by no means suggesting a move away from PE2K - we'll still stay here, too.

Think about it - the PokéCommunity is much more active than PE2K. We could easily get plenty of new members at PC, and new members means more potential refs, and more potential story graders. More new battlers, more new stories. Plus if we use the same systems that are currently used over here, members of the PE2K URPG can interact with members of the PC URPG. (For example, a someone from PC can ref a battle between two PE2Kers, or somebody from PC can battle somebody from PE2K.) Thus, something like this will spark activity over here, too.

I've talked to Kairi (A PC Mod) about this, and she seemed receptive to the idea, but now that the forums are back, I want to hear what everybody else thinks.

Last edited by [Fair]; 12-25-2004 at 03:26 AM.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:19 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Should The URPG Open A New "Branch" At PokéCommunity?

Yes, the forum downtime was pretty ugly. I won’t deny that we might have lost quite a few members because of it, but nonetheless, what is done is done. It couldn’t have been foreseen by anyone, but regardless, I think we’re all glad it’s back online.

As far as moving the URPG to PokéCommunity, I’d have to leave my answer at no. For one thing, the URPG is one of the many things that make Pokémon Elite 2000 unique from the other forums. In many cases, the URPG is one of the core competencies of PE2K that can not be matched by any other forum, and gives us a potential strategic advantage over other forums when it comes to features. If we hand that over to PC, we lose one of our advantages. Also, the situation looks unfavorable to us, since if PC were to fully deploy the URPG, no doubt its increased activity would draw away members from here to there instead. Who would really want to stay here when more of the URPG activity is going on at PC?

And then again, the URPG would be just one of the many overly active things happening there, and would just be lost in the crowd. Here, the URPG is appreciated for its presence and is given specific focus and purpose. At least 90% of us have URPG stats and have been participating in it in the past or still continue to be a part of it. Also, the URPG leaders, refs and graders already have a good idea of how the URPG is run. If we hand that over to PC, who have very little, if any knowledge about how it is run, they may not handle it the way it’s supposed to be done. Making a new branch in PC means training more refs, more graders, and getting enough people to get the URPG moving along. Plus, they might have their doubts about the whole idea while we know it’s tried and true. It might be very hard to get some people at PC to get serious about the URPG and strive to make it work. If the URPG fails at PC, people at PC are just going to look at the URPG at PE2K and think we’re putting all our efforts into a failed idea, even though it works perfectly for us.

Yes, I know this is a worst case scenario. Still, I had to bring this to the table.

Old 12-27-2004, 04:24 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

what's the link to pc? im too lazy to search google for it.

hkim brought this up once (but another forum i think) and someone else too.

i think we should stay at Pe2k. during the forum down time, i took a look at other forums out of curiosity. some were dead on activity and some i just didn't like. serebii.net looked nice though but slow.
i still see no reason to expand. sure more members would be nice and more activity will keep us fun. but like NP said, we should be Pe2k exclusive to separate us from the rest. keep us unique, like the war.
keep the discussion going if you want to say something.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

I won't write 3 pages long "No" because it is simply NO! The URPG is something that belongs to us URPGer and we chose it to be in Ryan's forums. So my answer is "No" and I guess that everyone's answer would be "no" But still, we can advertise for the URPG in Serebii, PC and others but not make any "Branches"

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 12-28-2004, 03:57 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

...Not really. I dunno, the people at the other forum are soo...uhh, sorry, have no idea how to put an offensive word inoffensively.

I agree that if the URPG moves, PE2K will definitely suffer inactivity(Well...not like we already don't have that).

But PE2K is going nowhere. You see, no new members, it's all the same people coming back day by day. And there isn't a lot of them, I can easily say. About time we did some advertising...yeah? (offtopic: update the Strategy Guide thingey on PE2K, that thing is so freaking outdated I don't know how it'd help anyone).
Old 12-29-2004, 06:12 AM
Nintendofreak000 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Nintendofreak000 Send a message via MSN to Nintendofreak000 Send a message via Yahoo to Nintendofreak000

Ok, I hate the idea of moving and so naturally I wouldn't be entirely fond of any innuendo that would suggest it, but to have another branch would spark some interesting bit of activity. This is how I'd view it. PE2k would be the original URPG HQ, where we hold the central office and make the official ruels etc. We could have "international" branches in various forums all over the internet, with seperate sets of administration within those branches. Annually, an international URPG event could be held with various teams facing off, defending their home forum boards. Of course we'd have some bits of administration from here existing in the various forums who will be responsible for reporting forum actions to here. Auctions and similar events will be completely the same in all forums (We may have to have an inter-forum regulator or ambassador of sorts), but different forums could have independent events that will be only available to the members of their respective forums.

Of course I'm not saying doing this is a great idea and everyone should commit to, but its just something to think about. Would spark up some interesting activity.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:40 AM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Time for making my comment.
I believe we owe PE2K a lot. Since we moved here from Y! Groups, our members have come MOSTLY from PE2K. The least we can do is, like Neopikachu says, make the PE2K unique becauase of the URPG.
Opening a branch in PC has advantages, I agree. But still, there are other ways of getting more active. Has anyone of you ever gone to a pokémon chat and tried to get members?
Vellyvel commented that he had a "contact" to get the URPG a few members (30 he said). I wonder what is he waiting for?
I've been seriously thinking about, creating a back-up forum for the URPG, just like the Ultra-Rpg was for the Ultimate-Rpg. And hell it was helpful when the Ultimate was deleted.
That way, we won't lose members when the PE2K forums are down.
That's my opinion.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 12-30-2004, 08:02 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

dux, we do have a backup forum for us. when the proboard forum was deleted, we created it until pe2k came back up.
here==> http://urpg2k.proboards29.com/

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Even though I am not much into the whole URPG thing... I am skeptical on its branching out... I see some advantages with its branching, like each forum having their own league.... like gym leaders.... basically each forum is its own region, and then there are those brilliant minds out there who have great ideas that could possibly help the URPG.... And then all the other points the Nin pointed out. I also see the disadvantages, like PE2K becoming less unique.... I am gonna stay out of this conversation... I may come back to join in the summer time when it is a little more active.... but don't count on it.... good luck guys, with whatever desicion you make....
Old 12-31-2004, 12:06 AM
vellyvell Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to vellyvell Send a message via AIM to vellyvell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth
Time for making my comment.
I believe we owe PE2K a lot. Since we moved here from Y! Groups, our members have come MOSTLY from PE2K. The least we can do is, like Neopikachu says, make the PE2K unique becauase of the URPG.
Opening a branch in PC has advantages, I agree. But still, there are other ways of getting more active. Has anyone of you ever gone to a pokémon chat and tried to get members?
Vellyvel commented that he had a "contact" to get the URPG a few members (30 he said). I wonder what is he waiting for?
I've been seriously thinking about, creating a back-up forum for the URPG, just like the Ultra-Rpg was for the Ultimate-Rpg. And hell it was helpful when the Ultimate was deleted.
That way, we won't lose members when the PE2K forums are down.
That's my opinion.
my contact is currently away, I shall discuss this buissness venture with my contact when my contact comes back

lv 61@275
--------------------------------------------
My VCP
Stary the Starmie

lv 74@279

Old 12-31-2004, 12:46 PM
Magare Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Magare

Unlike most of you I think URPG should expand.

Sure, we gained a lot of members from PE2K but this forum also gained a lot of members because of the URPG.

Expanding to new forums means more members, more activity and more fun. Plain and simple
Old 12-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Jack, if the forums went down this last weeks...why didn't anyone told me about this back-up forum? (or, maybe they didn't want to tell me...hmm.....)
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 12-31-2004, 07:35 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Because people didn't go back to the back-up Forum even ehrn Pe2k was dead. Because it's not to well organized, especially the Training Stats.

This suit is black not.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:02 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

No.... I think it was because like nobody knew about it.... lol.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

i forgot about the backup forum the first week. then i heard this forum would be back a week later so i didn't want to have people post there then we have to post back here when this is back and it might just be too confusing to go to the backup for a week. i dunno. i lost the mouse to my comp most of the time (dad took it) so i couldn't be on the comp anyway. lol.

the backup forum has always been listed in the rules thread, first post. don't worry Dux, even Matthew, who created that forum, forgot about it. heh.

back on topic-- we should stay PE2K oriented and not venture away from it.

~Jack~

-| Links |-