Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:58 AM
Dustin Offline

Default The Hakumei Region

Hello. My name is Dustin. And I am a denizen of the Hakumei Region of the World of Pokemon. I've come here to show you all what is going on in the crafting of this whole Region. And I'm hoping, that maybe some of you can help.

I need help. Making Pokemon, Cities, Towns, Landmarks, and so on. Since this is a Pokemon Related Forum, and I'm seeing lots of impressive work here, I though, what the heck. Let's try it out. So, here we are.

With a new Region, comes new Pokemon, right? Right. So, one day, I said: Hakumei needs new Pokemon. And here we are. Thinking them up. Making come to life. So I've organized this here topic to do so. I may get a site to try and organize the order of these Pokemon a bit better; like the Galapagos Region has done. So, here I go. I'm going to need all the help I can get on this one, people. Spriters, Concept Artists, and Namers. If you want further explanation of my actions, read the 'Genuine Quality Notice' below.

You can also give any Pokemon Ideas you may have here. This will help the Dex grow.
--------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Spriters: (Unlimted Openings)
Joel(?)
Ekoi(?)
Palkiaperson
PaxPalkia

Pokemon Concept Artists: (Unlimited Openings)
Harosata
Joel(?)
Shirude

Pokemon Namers: (Unlimited Openings)

Sprite style must be in D/P Style only, thanks.
------------------------------------------------------
Format of Pokemon Submission:
-Name
~Example would be Paudunk. The name must be catchy, such a name being something like Poladrift. A combination of Polar and Drift.

-Animal Representation
~Here is where you decide what animal this Pokemon is going to be based off of.
-Type
~Example would be Fire/Fighting

-Title
~Example would be Maritime Pokemon

-Description
~Example would be: A blue and black Hammerhead Shark, with eyes of ruby and rough looking scales. Its fins help it travel at blinding speeds underwater. ITs tail can be used as a defense mechanism incase its attack arsenal runs dry. Its rows of carniverous teeth are razor sharpened , and in the color of dirty or bloody bones.

-The Concept Art
~This one is optional. Any talented artists out there that want to submit concept art of a Pokemon they thought of, and wanted sprited? Well, this section is for you, especially. Your duty is to draw your Pokemon design on paper, to the absolute BEST of your ability, and show it here so someone may sprite that concept.

-The Finished Sprite
~Here's where it ends. This is where the spriter will submit the finished Pokemon sprite, based on a concept art, or on their own rough idea. Just make sure it's the D/P sprite style, and size. The dimensions are 80x80. Keep it that way.

And there you have it. There's the template you must use for your Pokemon Submission. Make them good and worthwhile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Region Map: Remade by OWG

--Hakumei Pokedex--

“Good morning, Pokemon Trainer. I am Pokedex version 6. I have been assigned to you to be a highly enhanced encyclopedia containing all facts and information of the Pokemon Species. As you advance on your journey, you will find several different types and kinds of Pokemon. You may perhaps discover Pokemon that have not been sighted before. I am your license declaring that you are an official Pokemon Trainer. If lost, deliver me to the nearest law enforcement station in the area.”

With that, let us begin.”

Evolves into Rumbleaf at Lv.16

Evolves into Quabranch at Lv.36

Concepts:
-Grumling, Rumbleaf, Quabranch Concept Art by: Harosata

Grass Starters
Extra Info:
The Grass Starters are in the form of a Koala Bear.
-Grumling and Rumbleaf can walk on only all fours, currently. Quabranch is able to walk on all fours, and on two feet.
-Grumling resembles a young Koala cub, and has a taste for tree branches.
-Rumbleaf resembles a grown Koala Bear, it’s insatiable hunger for tree branches and bamboo only growing.
-Quabranch resembles a full grown Koala Bear, its gaze deep and threatening, with its teeth no longer flat, but indeed razor sharpened.

Evolves into Cinderoar at Lv.16

Evolves into Valferno at Lv.36

Concepts:
-Starkit, Cinderoar, Valferno Concept Arts by: Harosata

Fire Starters
Extra Info:
The Fire Starters are in the form of a Lion.
-Starkit and Cinderoar have not gained the ability of bipedalism, as of yet. Once evolved into Valferno, it can stand on all fours and on two legs.
-Starkit resembles a young Simba, like from the Lion King. It’s tail tip, instead of fur or hair, is fire.
-Cinderoar resembles an older, teenage Simba, same as last time, with a young, small, firey mane. It’s tail tip’s flame has grown a bit.
-Valferno is the final stage of the three, resembling an adult Simba, from the Lion King, it’s Mane being full grown and firey. It’s tail tip has become a large, wheel of fire.

Evolves into Hiberapid at Lv.16

Evolves into Poladrift at Lv.36

Concepts:
-

Water Starters
Extra Info:
The Water Starters are in the form of a Polar Bear.
-Paudunk resembles a young Polar Bear cub. It constantly tries to swim, but cannot.
-Hiberapid resembles a sleeping Polar Bear; just in time for hibernation. This evolutionary form is VERY lazy, and sleeps all too often. Only whne awoken through loud noise, can it recooperate for small intervals and battle.
-Poladrift is the final stage of this chain. It resembles a full grown Polar Bear, well rested and fully energized. It can swim perfectly, now, and is a furious fighter.

Evolves into Shellcoon at Lv.10

Evolves into Wasping/Mosqueria at Lv.18

Concepts:
-

Evolves into Wyvwelp at Lv.20

Evolves into Wyvlord at Lv.40

Concepts:
Sprites of the Wyv's by Ekoi

Evolves into Eagling at Lv.18

Evolves into Eagleye at Lv.38

Concepts:
-

--Pokemon not native to the Region, but found in Hakumei’s wild areas--
???: Leafit
-
Grass

???: Folidon
Foliage Pokemon
Grass/Ground

???: Forgrove
Grove Pokemon
Grass/Ground
Concepts: FINAL
Leafit, Folidon, Forgrove Concept Art

???: Embat
Flightless Bat Pokemon
Fire

???: Bafire
Flame Bat Pokemon
Fire/Flying

???: Charoptera
Flaming Pterodactyl Pokemon
Fire/Flying
Embat, Bafire, Charoptera Concept Art

???: Shwark
Baby Shark Pokemon
Water

???: Aquark
Quadraped Shark Pokemon
Water/Dark

???: Grabark
Ocean Shark Pokemon
Water/Dark
Conecpts: FINAL
Shwark, Aquark, Grabark Concept Art

--Mythical Pokemon of Hakumei--
???: Encyrus
Heaven’s Gate Pokemon
Flying/Dragon

???: Dicyrus
Hell’s Gate Pokemon
Flying/Dragon

???: Narcyrus
Twilight Wyvern Pokemon
Flying/Dragon
Encryus, Narcyrus, Dicyrus Concept Art by: Harosata

???: Simbanidas
Lifegiving Lion Pokemon
Normal/Divine

???: Scarta
Deathgiving Lion Pokemon
Dark/Divine
Concepts:
-

???: Keredoom
Guardian Pokemon
-No Type-
Concepts:
-Keredoom Concept Art by: Harosata

???: Licion
Chimera Pokemon
-No Type-
Concepts:
-Licion Concept Art by: Harosata
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Notes and Updates--
Genuine Quality Notice: Let me also make this clear, that these ideas were hidden for the general public for a year. I'm not leeching off of anyone. I'm not stealing ideas secretly. These are all mine, and I thought of them first. This is directed to Shirude and a few others. So before you all start to bash me for 'stealing secret ideas', talk to me on MSN or AIM; and I'll give you PROOF of my actions.

-Added July 27, 2007- Note: The cocnept arts posted in this topic are not the final products. I will take as many cocnepts from you people as I can, and in the end, decide on a winning concept. That concept will be pronounced as the 'Final Product', and will be put in as the official art for that Pokemon. So don't be alarmed if I post concepts by another so soon. That doesn't mean they are the final product. This means you, Joel. >:

-Added July 27, 2007- Update: Region Map Redone.

-Added July 27, 2007- Addition of graphical Pokedex databanks.

-Added July 27, 2007- Sprite Style is D/P only.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up, is Region Specifics. First, we need to give you basic ideas of what each town or city may look like.

Cities/Large Towns with Gyms:

-Spryroot City- A small city, Spryroot has been long surrounded by a dense forest, cutting it off from the rest of humanity. Only the brave enter Spryroot’s forest and come out unscathed. It is also known for the Twilight Stream running through it, cutting it in two.

-Noiztall Town

-Enticeburg City- Located up north, Enticeburg is most possibly the city with the COLDEST climate in Hakumei. A domain for Ice Pokemon, this place is perfect for any who wish to prepare themselves against the cold.

-Fineslick City- An area of factories and pollution, Fineslick City is a place most health inspectors don’t dare tread. It has long since been the site of Muk and Grimer sightings in a looong while.

-Kottouch Town- A relatively safe town, Kottouch isn’t much of a place to see sights. Many of it’s paths are blocked by easily crushable rocks, leaving trainers no choice but to pass on through a different way.

-Cinderugged City- Cinderugged is a town that was founded on a mountain in the east. Occasionally, the mountain that it sits on, spews ash cinders from it’s mouth, falling down into the city streets.

-Perscent Town- A metropolis full of many exciting sights, Perscent Town is the place where Pokemon Trainers can get their supplies along the road.

-Vividepth City- Literally a city underwater, Vividepth has long since been submerged in the deep blue. Most people on the surface find it difficult as to how anyone can live a life like that. Trainers, however, only seek it for the adventure.

Small Towns:

-Greensparse Town- A quiet, peaceful town, Greensparse is the starting point for all Trainers to begin their Pokemon journey. Here houses few homes, and the esteemed Professor Pine’s laboratory. It’s said, that the mysterious Twilight Channel originated here.

-Starunn Town- An old mining town, Starunn is a small backdrop town, used for mining all sorts of minerals and evolution stones. This place is exceptionally wealthy in farming soil, though no one cares to use it to their advantage. They just say that it is best left untouched.

-Algental island- A small island attatched to the rest of the Hakumei continent by a large bridge, it is a center for Pokemon Healing. It contains a Pokemon Center twice the size of a regular one, and some therapists quarters for the mentally ill.

-Mercetrike City- Mercetrike City is what people would call, ‘The Concrete City’. It’s mainly a place where brawling is a norm, and Fighting Pokemon are the main populace.

-Conquerlave Island- A large jungle-like place, Conquerlave Island is a metropolis for plant and grass Pokemon alike.

Cities (Gyms):
Spryroot City
Noiztall Town
Enticeburg City
Finesilck City
Kottouch Town
Cinderugged City
Perscent Town(By Betatronic)
Vividepth City(By Joel)

Smaller Towns:
Greensparse Town
Starunn Town
Algental Island
Mercetrike City
Conquerlave Island
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Next is Landmarks of the Hakumei Region.

-Ladumai Range: A large mountain range, this place is as old as the region itself. Occuring naturally, the Ladumai range has many landslides that cause many fatal accidents. It is located near Starunn Town.

-Twilight Tower: This tower is under construction; it is said to each the stars. And beyond. This place in so far, it's location unknown.

-Varicious Cove: A cave filled with many undiscovered mysteries, Varicious Cove is Vividepth City's most populated landmark.

-Windchime Mountains: Unknown so far as the complete human genome, the windchime Mountains are said to be the only place spared from the town of Noiztall's disaster of being frozen in time. Though... it Is unusually quiet here...

-Twilight Channel: The most famous landmark of the Hakumei Region, the Twilight Channel is the longest river in the world, runs all over and through the Hakumei Region. It's said, that even in ferocious waters it does not change course...

-Twilight Hill: The beautiful place at night. Twilight Hill is an area to relax, and look at the everlasting stars. Though, there are rumors of... odd situations happening nearby.[/b]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Added July 27, 2007: The Specifics for the Hakumei Region have been added. Now you have an idea what we need.

Last edited by Dustin; 07-28-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:03 AM
Palkiaperson Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Palkiaperson
Default Re: The Hakumei Region

I'll help scratch. Here are a couple scratches i've made,
Old 07-28-2007, 03:11 AM
Cogi276 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Its great. I would give you scratches but I havnt made any.

~Cogi~
Old 07-28-2007, 03:11 AM
Dustin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palkiaperson View Post
I'll help scratch. Here are a couple scratches i've made,
Nicely done; the first seems to be the best out of the three you've done.

I must remember; sprite style is D/P only.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Palkiaperson Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Palkiaperson

Ok.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:21 AM
PaxPalkia Offline

Send a message via AIM to PaxPalkia

Here's a bunch of my scratches:
Old 07-28-2007, 03:23 AM
Dustin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxPalkia View Post
Here's a bunch of my scratches:
I DO like sprites 4 and 5... I'll let ya in. <:
Old 07-28-2007, 03:25 AM
PaxPalkia Offline

Send a message via AIM to PaxPalkia

Okay,. . They have names. . Poliwaggle. . And. . Oh shoot I forgot it's name. Let's just call her Floran. . . For florist, and Run. . Running florest. The types for the 4th one is Water. . And the 5th is Grass, and poison.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:44 AM
Dustin Offline

Remember. This is a new Region. You need to come up with ideas for a Pokemon you'd like to make. Then design that Pokemon to your vision.

Format of Pokemon Submission:
-Name
~Example would be Paudunk. The name must be catchy, such a name being something like Poladrift. A combination of Polar and Drift.

-Animal Representation
~Here is where you decide what animal this Pokemon is going to be based off of.
-Type
~Example would be Fire/Fighting

-Title
~Example would be Maritime Pokemon

-Description
~Example would be: A blue and black Hammerhead Shark, with eyes of ruby and rough looking scales. Its fins help it travel at blinding speeds underwater. ITs tail can be used as a defense mechanism incase its attack arsenal runs dry. Its rows of carniverous teeth are razor sharpened , and in the color of dirty or bloody bones.

-The Concept Art
~This one is optional. Any talented artists out there that want to submit concept art of a Pokemon they thought of, and wanted sprited? Well, this section is for you, especially. Your duty is to draw your Pokemon design on paper, to the absolute BEST of your ability, and show it here so someone may sprite that concept.

-The Finished Sprite
~Here's where it ends. This is where the spriter will submit the finished Pokemon sprite, based on a concept art, or on their own rough idea. Just make sure it's the D/P sprite style, and size. The dimensions are 80x80. Keep it that way.

And there you have it. There's the template you must use for your Pokemon Submission. Make them good and worthwhile.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:17 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro

I don't understand what you mean by D/P style, so here's my only scratch ever:

Electroll (Combination of Electric and Roll)

Based on whatever Electrode and Voltorb are based on.

Evolution line:Voltorb->Electrode (Level 30) Electrode->Electroll (Level up in Power Plant w/ Circuit*)

*Circuit is a hold item, one found in each Power Plant in the world and 25% hold by Voltorb, Electrode, Electroll, Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone

Type:Electric

Title: Rolling Pokemon

Description:These Pokemon have a dangerous habit of exploding for their own leisure. They are extremely dangerous and are known to be extremely sensitive and explode when coming into physical contact with an object. They are also seen rolling down hills and stampede villages.

Was that good enough?
Old 07-28-2007, 05:30 AM
Kaylurr Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kaylurr Send a message via MSN to Kaylurr Send a message via Yahoo to Kaylurr

Well, I've only ever made one Fakemon before, which is a Banette evo.

And yeah, I *can* shade in D/P style. ^^ I just like shading the way I do. XD But I'll do D/P.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:41 AM
Lugia_Lover9 Offline

~~~

Oooh! This is cool! Let me submit some of mine....

^This is Poliwiggle. PaxPalkia's Poliwaggle was based
on this :D (not the other way around, mind you)^
Title: Tadpole Pokemon
Description: Using their large fins as wings, POLIWIGGLES can hover a few feet in the air.
Type 1: Water Type 2: N/A
Gender Ratio: 25% Female, 75% Male
Ability: Torrent

Name: Beepod
Title: Honeybee Pokemon
Description: The appendages on BEEPODS head's is what collects pollen. In the wild you can see them flying around with pollen all over their heads.
Type 1: Normal Type 2: N/A
Gender Ratio: 50% Female, 50% Male
Ability: Honey Gather

^Its supposed to look like the wings are moving really fast.^
Name: Humbeat
Title: Hummingbird Pokemon
Description: HUMBEAT's wings move super fast, but also in a beat to make music. HUMBEAT's also enjoy whistling through their long mouths along with the beats.
Type 1: Normal Type 2: Flying
Ability: Levitate, Keen Eye

^Its a Chimecho Evo^
Name: Dongding
Title: Large Bell Pokemon
Description1: DONGDINGS live in clans, that are ruled my dominance levels.
The larger the bell, the larger the sound, the higher the dominance.
Description2: A DONGDING's skull is four times as durable as ours. This comes
in very useful for dominance trails.
Type 1: Pyschic Type 2: N/A
Ability: Levitate
Evolution: Chingling --> Happiness+Night --> Chimecho --> Holding Soothing Bell --> Dongding

Name: Swalomote
Title: Dreamcatcher Pokemon
Description: With their wide open mouths, SWALOMOTES have the ability to
suck up brain wavelengths, deciphering thoughts, emotions and dreams.
Type 1: Pyshcic Type 2: N/A
Gender Ratio: Unknown
Ability: Levitate

Name: Wisplow
Title: Will-O'-Wisp Pokemon
Description: I'll think of it soon.....
Type 1: Dark Type 2: Bug
Ability: Levitate, ?

^Sorry if these arent necessarily the format you were looking
for. But they were just my entries for my Fakedex in my sig.^

~~~
Old 07-28-2007, 06:34 AM
Dustin Offline

...jeeze. You guys are good. I'll make databse sheets for these now.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Kaylurr Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kaylurr Send a message via MSN to Kaylurr Send a message via Yahoo to Kaylurr

Oh, and by the way, the concept art for like.. anyone isn't working. =[
Old 07-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Lugia_Lover9 Offline

~~~

I only have concept art
for a few things D:

Those concept arts were put
on Photobucket..... but the
other concept arty things are
on scraps of paper I probably
already through away <.<

Oh, and are me Fakemon good? >.>

~~~

Last edited by Lugia_Lover9; 07-28-2007 at 06:55 AM.