Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Interactive Boards Ľ Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:34 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash
Default Re: Orange Islands Adventure

Chapter 11- Journey to Mischief

"Cyndaquil, Agility!" shouted Nick.

Nick's Cyndaquil ran around a girl's Cubone. Cyndaquil went in for a Quick Attack but got hammered by the bone Cubone was holding. Cyndaquil lost.

"Dang It!" Nick said to himself as he returned Cyndaquil.

"Great job Cubone. Thanks for the battle!" the girl wondered off down the road.

Nick kicked the sand and then walked back to where Shawn, Shadow, and the rest of the gang was eating lunch.

Nick looked at his badges. He had only 4 pokemon and one of them didnít even obey him. He thought of Jason getting the Orange Cup before him. After lunch they walked up the beach to where they saw a lot of buildings and people.

"So this is Mandarin Island" Nick said, looking at the old buildings.

"Yeah, Its filled with lots of tourists and buildings and whatnot" Shawn mumbled.

Nick, Shadow, and Shawn walked around until they saw a Pokemon Mart. They stalked up on Poke balls and Potions.

"Why donít we just have a day off?" Nick suggested, tired from the long trip.

"Sounds good to me" Shawn shrugged.

They headed to the beach. Shadow and Cyndaquil was burying Shawn's Houndour in the sand. Shawn's Ledian was flying above the ocean water and Squirtle was taking a dive in the water.

Nick and Shawn were bathing in the sun.

"Anyone want to come walking with me?" asked Nick, wanting to take troll down the beach.

No one even looked his way.

"Fine then, Nidoking will come with me!" Nick smirked.

He let out Nidoking. First thing Nidoking did was punch Nick in the face. Nidoking was instantly returned to his pokeball.

Nick walked up the beach by his self. As he was walking he noticed a beautiful young girl. Orange-redish hair. Probably a little older than Nick.

"Hi there!" Nick said in a high pitched voice.

"Uh HI!" the girl said, trying to ignore Nick.

The girl was putting sun screen lotion on her legs.

"I'm Whitney!" she said back, waiting for Nick to do something but stand there looking at her.

"The name is Nick" he played it cool.

"Can you help me out?" she said, holding up the sun lotion.

Nick nodded yes. He took the sun screen lotion and put it on her back. He rubbed it gently.

"So you live here?" she was just trying to make conversation, Nick thought that was pretty cool.

"Nope, I am here taking a break from my Pokemon journey through the Orange Islands. What brings you here?" he liked to follow up with a question.

"I'm a Gym Leader back in Johto. I have been battling a lot lately and I decided to take a break and come here for a nice relaxing vacation" she explained.

Nick finished putting the lotion on her back. He couldnít believe he had met a real gym leader from the hard Johto Leauge.

Whitney laid down and closed her eyes, getting a little sun bathing in. Nick walked off. Whitney looked hot bathing in the sun in that nice bikini of hers. He looked at her and got into a deep stare. She looked up at him. Nick hurried up and ran off, trying to not to be noticed too much.

Nick arrived to the others. They were packing everything up.

"Why are yaíll packing up everything?" Nick yelled, not ready to go.

"Oh, their closing the beach today. Something about a burglary or somethin. I guess we just have to stay all night at the Pokemon Center and come back tomorrow" Shawn explained.

"That stinks!" he said, kicking the sand. He returned everyone but Shadow.

They got to the busy streets.

"I gotta go to the Pokemon Center to make sure they have a room for us" Shawn headed off into the distance.

"Thatís cool. Shadow and me are just going to go looking around at some of the shops" Nick said, parting off with Shawn.

Shadow and Nick walked along the busy streets until they came upon an ice cream parlor. They started to get an ice cream until they heard a scream. They ran down the street to see a girl screaming.

"THEY TOOK THE PACKAGE!" she yelled.

"Whats going on?" Nick wondered.

"Someone took a very important package from the lab she works in" Whitney explained for the troubled lady.

Nick stared at Whitney. He started to drool.

"Hiiiiiii Whiiiiiiitneeeeeeey" he studdered.

Whitney ran farther down the street.

"WHERE YOU GOIN!" Nick screamed. He ran off after her...
Old 03-04-2004, 10:35 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 11 continued...

They came up to this big old rusty factory. It looked like no one was in it. Nick caught up with Whitney. Whitney whipped the sweat off her forehead. Her redish hair was neatly pulled back.

"Whats going on?" Nick said, trying not to be hypnotized by her looks.

Whitney and Nick stood up on some old wooden boxes and looked threw the window. There were three Team Rocket members.

"Team Rocket members took a package from a lab. That package contained a special pokeball. It can catch any pokemon at any time. That pokemon will easily do whatever its master says as soon as its caught. If they caught a Lugia, which they are trying to do, then they could tell Lugia to destroy anything or anyone they wanted" Whitney explained.

"Wow! Thatís terrible" Nick dreaded that thought.

"Umb......reeeee" Shadow moaned as it looked at a little opening on the side of the building. It was a hole just big enough for them to get in so they could enter inside.

"Elite Cole will be satisfied with our little gift" Casey laughed, holding the package in her hands...
Old 03-04-2004, 10:36 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 12- Clefairy's Special

"Stop right there!" Whitney bursted out.

"Hand over that pokeball now!" Nick tried to sound just as brave as Whitney.

"Not you again!" Casey pointed at Nick.

"Don't worry, I can take care of these two" Billy said, throwing out his Magby.

"Go Shadow!" commanded Nick.

Shadow squared off against Magby. Magby let out a spiraling Flamethrower. It hit the ground right beside Shadow. Shadow lept into the air and used Swift.

Magby jumped out of the way of that attack. Whitney let out her Clefairy. Clefairy and Shadow tackled Magby together.

"Hey! Thatís not fair" she yelled, letting out her Cubone.

Cubone got ready to battle. Cubone got ready to threw his club when Magby was sent flying into him. They flew back and hit Casey and Billy.

"Do I have to do everything around here!" a guy said, appearing from a corner.

"Elite Master Cole!" Casey gasped. He wore the greatest uniform of Team Rocket, showing that he was one of the best trainers on the mighty team.

He grabbed his pokeball. A huge Onix came out.

"Use Iron Tail Onix!" the guy said to be Elite Cole said.

Onix's tail glew white and it sung its tail towards Whitney. Nick ran and tackled Whitney down, just before she was hit. Clefairy got up to the plate and started waving her fingers around.

"Thanks" she said, looking deeply into Nick's eyes. Clefairy had finished her Metronome. A big huge yellow ball appeared in front of Clefairy and then it exploded.

Team Rocket was sent into the air. The rare Pokeball dropped out of the sky, right into the bag Nick carried. Nick covered up Whitney, making sure she didnt get hurt.

The smoke cleared and Shadow and Clefairy showed up.

---------------------

"I'm sorry, we donít have the pokeball. It was probably destroyed in the explosion" the police said to the lady that was found troubled earlier.

"Yeah, I shouldnít of invented that thing anyways" she said, walking off.

Firemen put out the fire in the old factory.

"Thanks a lot Nick" Whitney gave off a big smile.

"No Problem" he said, looking into her big beautiful eyes. They leaned in. There lips came closer and closer to each other.

"Hey guys!" Shawn yelled, running up to them.

They departed from each other in an instant.

"What happened here" asked Shawn.

"Another Team Rocket accident" Nick explained. Shawn rolled his eyes.

"No figure" Shawn laughed.

"I have to get going Nick, here is my phone number.. give me a call sometime" she said as she darted off into the distance of the island.

"Sure thing" he said as if she was still around to hear.

"Someone got struck by Cupid's arrow" Shawn laughed.

Nick snapped out of the trance and pushed Shawn in the shoulder...
Old 03-04-2004, 10:36 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 13- A Tyro-reffic Friend!

"Well the boat is already Nick!" Shawn called out.

"Great!" Nick said, throwing his things in the boat.

Shawn climbed in as the sun rose to its noon point.

"Hey wait! Are you a pokemon trainer?" a mysterious kid asked.

"Yeah, I am" Nick answered.

"I challenge you to a Pokemon battle!" the kid urged.

The kid wore a black and white karate uniform. Nick looked around to see if anyone else was on the beach. No one was except for the kid, Nick, Shawn, and Shadow.

"Sure thing" Nick yelled back.

They picked a spot on the beach that seemed right for battling. Shawn got mad cause he was ready to leave but once he thought about it he figured he could get some good lessons about pokemon in this battle.

"I do things different though, if I win you have to give me a pokemon, if you win then I'll give you this pokemon I just caught" the karate kid tried to make a deal.

"Give up one of my pokemon, I donít think so!" Nick confronted as he put up his pokeball.

"Yeah I knew you would chicken out" the kid laughed.

"Chicken out? Fine then, you have yourself a match!" Nick screamed back.

"Nick, you sure about this?" Shawn asked.

"Donít worry, my pokemon wont let me down" Nick knew that was true.

Nick grabbed Squirtle's pokeball but Shadow stepped up. Nick understood that Shadow wanted to battle. The idiotic kid threw out his pokeball. A white monkey looking pokemon came out.

Nick didnít know which pokemon that was. "Thatís a Mankey, better watch it Nick. They are known to be pretty sneaky" Shawn tried to help him out.

Nick grinned.

"Quick Attack Shadow!" he ordered.

Shadow ran towards Mankey. Mankey jumped into the air and landed on Shadow's head. Shadow shook Mankey off and made it fall to the ground. Shadow ran towards Mankey and headbutted the little energetic monkey. Mankey got up and tried Karate Chop. Mankey did hands chops all around Shadow. "Shadow use Agility" Nick screamed. Mankey wasnít able to lay a finger on Shadow. Mankey got wore out fast.

Shadow rammed into Mankey. Mankey hit the ground hard. Sand flew up from the fall of Mankey. "Shadow use Faint Attack" Nick yelled. Shadow did as told. As Mankey was getting up, Shadow charged towards Mankey and disappeared. Then Shadow showed up ramming into the left side of Mankey. Mankey flew to the ground once again.

Mankey struggled up. "Mankey, use your Low Kick attack!" said the kid. Mankey was kicking towards Shadow as fast and as rapid as it could. Shadow got off balance and fell to the ground. Mankey got a good kick in there. Mankey continued to kick Shadow. Finally Mankey stopped from exhaustion. Shadow, believe it or not, got up on all fours.

Shadow was hurt badly. "Shadow use Flash" Nick said, thinking quickly. The yellow spots on his body shined really brightly and really fast, blinding Mankey long enough for Shadow to get a Tackle in. Mankey fell to the ground. The match was awarded to Nick!

"Great job Shadow!" Nick hugged his pokemon.

"Mankey and me failed, therefor I have to award this Pokemon to you. Good Luck" the kid said as he ran off.

Nick held the Pokeball that Karate Kid had given him. They got into the boat and sped off, trying to hurry and get to Trovita Island.

"That was a great battle Nick, what pokemon do you think is in it?" Shawn asked.

"I donít know, lets see..." Nick said, reaching for the pokeball.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:37 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 14- Fight Competition Begin!

"The boat is running out of gas, we better refill at that island" Shawn said, pointing to a huge island.

They ported the boat at a gas station for boats. Shawn was filling the tank. Nick put his hands over his head, stretching from the long ride over.

"I gotta get some fresh air" Nick yawned.

"Ok, I have to get some supplies so lets meet in front of the poke mart in 30 minutes" Shawn decided.

Nick and Shadow parted from the boat and Shawn.

They came upon a small river. It was a part of the ocean that crept through the middle of the island, splitting it into two halves. The water was beautiful. Nick fell to the ground and put his arms behind his head. He took a sigh. He gazed at the clouds above his heads, forming what Nick thought as Pokemon faces.

"Well, its just like Nicky to be layin around instead of doing serious training" Jason grunted.

Nick jumped up. Shadow stood beside him.

Jason, what an unhappy surprise" Nick grunted back.

"You gonna enter the Fighting Pokemon Tournament too?" Jason asked rudely.

"Fighting Pokemon Tournament?" Nick was more puzzled then a horse in the jungle.

"Yeah, it starts tomorrow. You can sign up in that stadium over there. Although you couldnít win anyways" he said, pointing to a small stadium across the river.

"Exactly I just got a Tyrogue that is pretty strong!" Nick held his head up high and held up Tyrogue's pokeball.

"Tyrogue? Thatís funny! I'm not using such a weak pokemon like yourself. I am gonna use my Poliwrath!" Jason said calmly like the contest was already over.

"I'll show you!" Nick yelled as he ran towards the stadium.

"SIGN ME UP!!" Nick screamed at the lady in the front of the stadium. He shouted out all the information about his self.

"Your registered. You have to win three battles and then you will be in the finals. Good luck to you and your Tyrogue. Oh and your first match will be tomorrow morning at 10:30" she smiled towards Nick.

"Hey man! I have been wonderin where you've been" Shawn yelled, tired of waiting.

"Um exactly if its not to much of a problem I would like to stay here for now.. there is a fighting pokemon tournament that I entered and it starts tomorrow! We will be able to leave the day after. What do ya say?" Nick asked kindly.

"Sure, I would love to study the different movements of fighting pokemon's techniques" Shawn said like it was a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.

"ALRIGHT!" Nick threw his fists into the air.

They found a place at the Pokemon Center, last room available.

--------------------

"LET THE TOURNY BEGIN!" the announcer yelled into the microphone.

The fireworks started! After two battles, Nick was up. Nick had never battled with his Tyrogue but he felt confident about the tournament. He felt he could go all the way.

Announcer: "Nick/Tyrogue on the Blue side V.S Rust/Makuhita on the Red side! BEGIN!"

"Use a Mach Punch!" Nick started things off.

The battle began as Tyrogue started it off with its attack. Tyrogue's hand glew as he threw it towards Makuhita. Makuhita ducked underneath Tyrogue's spiraling punch. Makuhita hit Tyrogue in the stomach.

Tyrogue coughed for air. Then Makuhita hit Tyrogue in the chin, making it fly thru the air and hit the ground hard.

Tyrogue struggled to its feet. Makuhita charged with anger. Tyrogue was to quick and jumped out of the way. Makuhita took a U-ing and came charging towards him again. "Tyrogue use Rapid Spin" ordered Nick. Tyrogue started to spin rapidly fast on its feet, sticking its arms straight out.

The two mighty fighting pokemons collided into each other. Tyrogue got the best out of Makuhita however. Makuhita was sent to the ground. It struggled to get up but somehow managed. "Tyrogue give it a Hi Jump Kick" yelled Nick. Tyrogue did just so and gave a mighty kicking chop to the forehead of its opponent. Makuhita rolled slightly back and forth until....

BAM! It hit the dirt!

"Makuhita is unable to battle, Blue side WINS!" the ref announced.

"YES! ALRIGHT! I CANT BELIEVE IT!" Nick said running to the middle of the battle area. He hugged Tyrogue. Tyrogue smiled at the crowd, happy about its hard fought battle.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:38 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 15- Advance We Shall!

"Great job you guys!" Shawn said, patting Tyrogue on the back.

"Thanks but we can talk later, I'm huuungggry!" Nick moaned.

They found a nice restaurant where they had a late breakfast. They finished eating. Nick looked at the tv sitting in the top corner of the restaurant.

"Jason and his Poliwrath seem to be tiring out here in this 2nd Round matchup!" called out the TV announcer.

They were going up against a mighty Machamp and his karate suit wearing, big muscled trainer. Nick and Shadow jumped up and ran out the door. Shawn followed behind.

They arrived at the arena where Jason was walking out from beneath the stands.

"Jason.." Nick paused.

"Yeah what, so I lost ok. If you go up against him you will probably do the same little Nicky" Jason pushed past Nick.

Jason gave Shadow a harsh look and then looked at the ground as he disappeared into the woods.

"Wow, Jason and his Poliwrath didnít even get that far.. what chance do I have then?" Nick said to Shadow.

"TRAINER NICK DUNBAR, please come to the battle floor" yelled the announcer.

"Well I'm up" Nick said, whipping sweat off his forehead.

Shawn went up in the stands to watch with Shadow.

Nick threw out Tyrogue's pokeball. The other trainer had a Machop out.

THE BATTLE BEGAN!

Tyrogue started with a kick towards Machop's legs. Machop jumped up to avoid the kick. Tyrogue tried a punch Machop's head but Machop dodged again.

"Machop now try to Karate Chop Tyrogue" the trainer said in a very mature voice. Tyrogue jumped over Machop's shoulders and hit Machop from behind before it could get its attack off. Machop stood back up and tried to use Low Kick. Kick after kick after kick after kick, Machop was giving it all it had but Tyrogue was to quick.

Machop then made a mistake by going to fast and tripping. Thatís when Tyrogue jumped on Machop's head, making it eat dirt, and then waiting for Machop to stand up. Machop was done. Nick gave the wink to Tyrogue which told him to end the match. Machop stood up... BAM! High Jump Kick to the head, Tyrogue stood tall while Machop had its face deep into the dirt.

"WINNER IS BLUE TRAINER NICK DUNBAR AND TYROGUE!" awarded the referee.

"ALRIGHT! YOUR A STAR TYROGUE! WELCOME TO THE THIRD ROUND!" Nick congratulated his pokemon.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:38 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 15 continued...

"Here we are, winner will advance to the fighting pokemon championship! In the Red corner is Nick and Tyrogue.. in the Blue corner is Drew and Machamp!" the announcer yelled. Jason watched from the Pokemon Center TV, wondering if Nick really had what it takes.

Nick looked at the trainer. It was the same trainer that beat Jason. Fright hung over him as they stared each other down. Nick knew he had to beat this one or it was all over.

The match had begun! Nick didnít have time to think. Machamp was already going for Tyrogue. Machamp used all four arms to punch away at Tyrogue.

His left top arm clipped Tyrogue and then the bottom right arm got a good hit in. Tyrogue flew to the ground. Machamp stood over Tyrogue and started to punch its stomach.

Tyrogue was getting crushed. Nick couldnít bare to sit there and watch that happen. Nick was about to decide quits when Tyrogue hit Machamp across the face with his left arm.

Machamp was stunned. Then Tyrogue stood up and started to clobber Machamp in the stomach. No effect. Machamp seemed like it was unbeatable.

"I got it! Tyrogue.. Machamp is to bulky, making it not as quick as you. Just keep dodging until you wear down Machamp!" Nick figured it out.

Tyrogue nodded yes to the orders. Machamp gave punches and kicks towards Tyrogue. Tyrogue was just to quick though and started to wear out Machamp with dodging everthing coming Tyrogueís way.

Machamp wore out quickly. "Tyrogue use Double Team" said Nick. Machamp didnít know which Tyrogue was which as Tyrogue seperated into five different forms. Their was a huge circle of Tyrogue's around Machamp. Machamp ran for one of them. WRONG ONE! Tyrogue charged towards Machamp and head-butted it in the side.

Then it used Strength. It built up its energy and picked up Machamp and quickly throwing it hard to the ground. Then it kicked Machamp in the head. Tyrogue was then hit by Machamp's left leg. They both stared each other down.

Nick didnít know if he should give orders or let Tyrogue face this one by itself. Tyrogue seemed to be getting caught up in the moment to obey orders anyways. They both charged for each other. This was it! They both gave a punch towards each other. BAAAAM! They both got hit! Both punches were a success. Tyrogue collided, then two seconds later Machamp fell to the ground.

Nick looked at the referee to see what was the call.

"Because Tyrogue fainted BEFORE Machamp.. Machamp is the winner!" awarded the referee. Nick was in shock, he couldnít move or speak.

Nick slowly just fell to his knees. He couldnít believe it. He had such confidence through this tournament. He believed in his pokemon. He came two seconds short of beating that mighty "unbeatable" Machamp.

Nick walked over to the trainer and his injured Machamp.

"Great job" Nick said, shaking his hand.

"Thanks, you arenít bad. You almost beat me there!" he smiled.

Nick then walked over to Tyrogue and gave it a hug, "Great job buddy".
Old 03-04-2004, 10:39 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 16- Quit Being So Rudy!

"Yeah, I am pretty disappointed but I learned a lesson. I was able to make that Machamp faint whether I won or not. I didnít have to have a big strong pokemon to do it either. Its how big the pokemons heart is" Nick said, remembering back to the other day when he almost came close to getting the championship.

"THERE IT IS!" Shawn yelled, driving the boat. He pointed to the small island straight ahead. It was Trovita Island! They finally made it!

"Alright! Time to get my Spike Shell Badge!" Nick yelled as if he already got it.

Out of nowhere a wave runner came swooping by their boat.

"Hey jerk!" Shawn screamed at him.

They landed on the island along with the person driving the wave runner. Shawn jumped out quickly.

"Whats your problem! This is a new boat, you could of caused a wreck out there!" Shawn jumped all over the driver.

"Well did I hit you?" the boy asked.

"Well... no" Shawn paused.

"Then no harm done" the boy waved his hair around like he was Mr. Pretty.

Shawn curled his fingers up in a fist.

Nick stepped in.

"Hey, do you know where I can find the gym leader around here?" asked Nick

"Yeah, this way" the boy said in a pretty boy way.

Nick and Shadow followed, as well as the angry Shawn.

They came to a big hill that had a river going around it.

"Here we are!" the boy said.

"Cool, where is the leader?" asked Nick, still not seeing anyone.

"He is probably around. I heard he is a real dofus. He tries to be better than everyone else but he really isnít" Shawn grinned.

The boy's face grew red.

"First of all no he doesnít and he is a very intelligent young man!" the boy yelled, calming down a bit.

"Oh yeah, how would you know?" Shawn asked.

"Cause I am that boy!" he grunted, putting on a button up t-shirt. Then he ran his fingers threw his red straight hair.

"Awesome! Lets battle then!" Nick was in a hurry for a battle.

"First of all, the awesomely talented Rudy doesnít let anyone have a chance at the Spike Shell Badge!" Rudy said while playing with his hair.

"Well donít we have a high opinion on our selfís" Nick made fun of him.

"You have to knock down all the targets that come up while going in this boat" Rudy pointed to a small boat over in a river that ran thru the island.

He pointed to a boat in the water of the river that ran around the big hill.

They climbed in the boat and Rudy drove. Nick called out Squirtle. Squirtle and Nick stood on the front part of the boat. They went forward in the river. A target popped out. BAM! The target was hit with a Water Gun from Squirtle. Another target! BAM! Hit again.

Two more. BAM! BAM! Got both. More! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! got them all. Then Nick thought he would use another pokemon. Cyndaquil came out and used a fireball to hit the targets.

They arrived back at the gym.

"That was fun! Lets do it again!" Nick yelled laughing.

Rudy jumped out of the boat, mad...
Old 03-04-2004, 10:39 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 16 continued...

Nick and Shadow stared down Rudy. Shawn was on the side of the battle area, reffing the battle. They stood on top of hill that was flat on top.

"This is how it goes, three on three pokemon battle. You choose your pokemon first and then depending on that pokemon, I choose mine to be the same type as yours. Got it? GO!" Rudy explained, quickly getting the battle started.

Nick nodded and grabbed Nidoking's pokeball. He threw it out to the center of the battle floor. Nidoking's pink body shinned from the afternoon sun.

"NIDOKING?! Are you crazy or just flat out stupid?" Shawn yelled at Nick.

"Donít worry, Nidoking is my friend and with it, we can beat anybody!" Nick said, sounding confident.

"Fine then, in that case I will choose... Graveler!" Rudy said, choosing his pokemon.

His brown rocky looking pokemon came out to the middle of the battle floor.

"BEGIN!" Shawn said, waving flags.

"Nidoking, use Horn Attack!" Nick yelled.

Nidoking just stood still. Rudy's Graveler started with Rollout. It curled up in a ball and rolled towards Nidoking.

"WATCH OUT!" Nick said, trying to watch out for his pokemon.

Nidoking was knocked down. Nidoking got up, furious and it ran towards Graveler. Graveler rolled towards Nidoking once again. Nidoking stopped Graveler in its tracks. Then it pinned Graveler to the ground and started to beat Graveler with its powerful fists. Nidoking hit and hit and hit and hit and hit and hit. Nidoking was beating it up pretty badly.

Graveler started to cry out in pain. Nick didnít know what to do.

"Hey back off! I SAID BACK OFF!" Rudy screamed.

"Return Nidoking!" he said as Nidoking was sucked back into its pokeball. Rudy walked over to Graveler who was hurt pretty badly.

"Since Trainer Nick returned his pokemon, the winner is Rudy!" Shawn declared.

Rudy returned his pokemon. Nick could of wont that one but he was just to afraid to keep Nidoking out, he didnít want to injure or even KILL Rudyís pokemon... plus if that happened then he would be suspended by the Pokemon League Staff. Now Nick HAD to win the next battles or he was finished with. Nick grabbed his next pokemon. He threw out the pokeball and Cyndaquil was reviled.

"You need to control that Nidoking better, it could of really hurt my Graveler.... Alright now, Cyndaquil huh? Then I guess that means its your turn Ninetales!" Rudy decided.

A white, honorable pokemon came out of its pokeball. The battle began! "Cyndaquil start with Quick Attack" Nick said. "Ninetales use Agility to dodge the attack" Rudy said. "Then Cyndaquil use Swift" Nick changed the attack. The little flying stars hit the ground in front of Ninetales. Ninetales jumped into the air away from the Swift attack and used Flamethrower.

The fire blast went right next to Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil ran as fast as it could and head-butted Ninetales.

Ninetales got right back up though and fought back with a Quick Attack. Success! Cyndaquil was knocked to the ground. It got back up. They used Flamethrower. They two blast collided.

Neither one was winning. Cyndaquil turned it up a notch. Then Ninetales did the same. They both quit and Cyndaquil used Agility. Thatís when Ninetales used Screech. A loud screeching noise held over them. Cyndaquil stopped in its tracks.

Cyndaquil couldnít bare the noise. Ninetales stopped and Tackled Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil was hurt pretty badly but somehow managed to get up.

"Cyndaquil use Smokescreen" commanded Nick. The air filled with black thick smoke. Ninetales couldnít see anything. "Cyndaquil use Swift" Nick yelled. Ninetales was hit! Then Cyndaquil used Tackle and rammed into Ninetales...

"Ninetales is unable to battle... Cyndaquil is the winner!" declared Shawn.

"Great job buddy!" Nick congratulated his friend.

"I gotta give it to ya, that Cyndaquil is well trained" Rudy said, returning his fainted Ninetales.

Nick returned Cyndaquil. He thought about his next pokemon. Squirtle! That was the right one to bring home the badge!

"I choose you...... Squirtle!" Nick called out.

"Nice looking pokemon you got there! Although I donít think it can match up to my Starmie!"

His Starmie came out, it was a purple star with a red gem in the middle.

"Squirtle start it off with a Water Gun" Nick commanded.

Starmie stepped out of the way and shot its own Water Gun at Squirtle. Squirtle stepped out of the way. They were testing each other.

Squirtle ran towards Starmie. It tried to Tackle the star water pokemon but it jumped up in the air and used Rapid Spin. It spun really fast and hit Squirtle right in the head. Starmie landed back down and Tackled Squirtle.

Then Squirtle used the move it got for the last gym... Ice Beam. He shot it right at Starmie. Starmie moved and Nick noticed this was going to be one fast pokemon so the moves must be picked wisely. They both shot a Water Gun at each other. They water blasts collided. Squirtle took it up a little bit and was able to over do Starmie. Starmie was hit by the Water Gun and was sent almost flying to the ground.

It was able to catch it self before it fell off the ledge of the hill. Starmie started up Rapid Spin again. WHOOSH! WHOOSH! It went flying right next to Squirtle. Squirtle was able to barely dodge the incoming attack.

Squirtle waited til it came back around. It spun right for Squirtle. "Squirtle use Skull Bash" commanded Nick. Squirtle's head collided with Starmie. Starmie and Squirtle fell to the ground.

They both got up and Starmie used Water Gun. Squirtle used Ice Beam. It froze Starmie's Water Gun and Starmie itself.

"Starmie is unable to continue this battle, Squirtle is the winner!" declared the referee- Shawn.

"WE WON!" he yelled, running over to Squirtle to hug it.

Rudy returned Starmie and walked over to Nick.

"Here is the Spike Shell Badge" Rudy said with a hint of a bad attitude.

Nick grabbed the whitish-purplish shell. He gazed at it..

-------------

VVVVVOOOOSHHHH! The boat sped down the beautiful ocean.

"I am happy at my team. They were fought a good fight" he said as he looked at his three badges.

"Yep with an exception of Nidoking" Shawn laughed.

"Uh... hehe yeah" he said, blushing.

"Just one more and you will be able to fight Drake for the Orange League Cup" Shawn reminded him.

"Yeah, I cant wait... GO!" Nick signaled to go faster.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:40 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 17- Good Bye Friend

The boat made huge waves as it sped across the ocean. In the distance a Wailord was with its little Wailmer. Everything seemed so peaceful.

"See that island.. go there. I want to call Whitney" Nick told Shawn.

"You and your girlfriends" Shawn rolled his eyes.

"She isnít my girlfriend, she is just a friend" Nick said back, blushing.

They ported on the island. It was all green cause of the trees that covered it. In the middle it was flat, just grass. A weird island it was...

Nick, Shadow, and Shawn walked along a dirt trail that led to the middle of the island.

"This place seems abandoned to me" Nick suggested.

"It doesnít say that on the map" Shawn said, referring to his map once again.

"Well your map is wrong, its always wrong" Nick said while rolling his eyes.

"Donít make fun of my map" Shawn laughed carefree.

"Gee donít cry over it" Nick played along.

"Hey this map has saved me from going the wrong way millions of times" Shawn said, getting serious again.

"Well you should do what I do, go with good olí common sense" Nick suggested to Shawn.

"And where does that usually get you? LOST!" Shawn was making sense on that.

Nick fell down anime style!

They came upon a small brown log cabin. They knocked on the door, hoping there would be a phone. Shadow looked thru the window. No one seemed to be home.

BOOOOOM!

"What was that?" Nick yelled, referring to the big bang.

"Sounded like something crashed over there!" Shawn said, running to the back of the cabin.

They ran behind the log cabin and in the HUGE plain field was a huge herd of Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Nidorino, and the whole Nidoran family. They were sleeping, eating, fighting, playing, chillin like life had offered them. It was amazing how many there were.

"This is awesome" Nick said, glancing at the huge herd.

"Totally. A great chance to study these things without getting punched like your Nidoking seems to do" Shawn laughed.

"Hey it didnít mean to, my Nidoking just doesnít know any better" Nick tried to take Nidokingís side.

"It never means to..." he said, trying to sound as sarcastic as he could.

"Hey, what are you doing here! This is a reserved park!" a lady screamed at Shawn, Shadow, and Nick.

Nick and Shawn turned to see a lady wearing overalls with a red t-shirt underneath. She had black boats and a green hat on backwards.

"Reserved park?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, No one is aloud here. I keep this Nido's here. Leave now and I wont call the police" she ordered, like the police could really get there that fast anyways... the closest island was 10 miles away.

"NO DONíT! We're sorry, we just wanted to find a phone" Shawn blurted out.

"Yaíll arenít poachers?" the lady asked.

"No, just wanted to make a call" Nick said while smiling real big at her.

"Oh sorry, I shouldnít of cused you of being poachers. I'm Brooke. I take care of this Nido Habitat" the lady, Brooke, explained.

"I am Shawn"

"I'm Nick, oh and thatís my Umbreon... Shadow" Nick said, pointing to his buddy.

"If you want to make a call then you can, I have a phone just right in that log cabin over there" Brooke said.

"Yeah sure" Nick shrugged.

----------------------

Shawn and Brooke talked about the habitat while Shadow and Nick were talking to the "wonderful" Whitney of Goldenrod.

Nick walked over to the table to join them after his 10 minute conversation on the phone.

"So you stay here all by yourself?" Nick wondered, trying not to sound to rude.

"Yep, I have some family on Valencia Island though so I go there a week every month to get some civilization in my life" Brooke lauged.

"Thatís awesome, I live on Valencia Island" Nick yelled.

They walked outside to go look at the Nido's.

"Come out Nidoking!" Nick sent out his pokemon, thinking it would be a wise choice.

"Oh no" Shawn grunted, putting his hand over his face.

Nidoking came out of his pokeball and then looked at Nick. Nidoking drew back its hand.

"WAIT! Donít punch. I just thought you would like to go play with the other Nidokings and Nidoqueens" Nick said as quickly as he could.

Nidoking looked at all the pokemon like him playing with each other. It nodded its head no. It wasnít interested. Then a beautiful Nidoqueen walked by. Nidoking became super happy and tried to follow Nidoqueen but she was trying to ignore Nickís Nidoking.

"Nido Nid Ni Nidoking"-- <Um heeyy theeeree> Nidoking said while stuttering a lot.

Nidoqueen kept walking.

"Nido Nidoking king"-- <Howís it goin?> Nidoking kept pushing for a conversation.

"Nid Nidoqueen" -- <Go bug someone else> Nidoqueen said harshly.

Nidoking walked back to Nick, saddened that Nidoqueen had rejected him.

"Aw, he was rejected" Shawn said in a sad voice.

"What? No way! No one is going to reject MY Nidoking" Nick said in a mean way.

"Yourrrrr Niddddookinng!" Brooke said in a weeping voice.

"What?!" Nick said while looking at her as she kept on stuttering.

"Its PINK!" she said in total amazement.

"Yeah I got it at a special tournament on Pinkan Island. All pokemon there are pink" Nick told.

"Thatís so cool" Brooke stared with big eyes.

"Yeah totally. Its pretty powerful too. I just wish it would mind me every once in awhile" Nick shrugged.

"Why donít we trade" she suggested.

"Huh?" Nick questioned, cleaning out his ears.

"I just caught a Scizor that wondered here. I donít have any use for it.. I already have a Scyther so why donít I trade it to you for Nidoking" Brooke said with her hopes up high.

"I donít know about that. I'm proud of my capture of Nidoking" Nick looked at the ground, thinking about her offer.

"This is a great opportunity Nick. Nidoking doesnít mind you anyways" Shawn reminded him.

"Ok Brooke, you have yourself a deal" Nick said, reaching his arm out.

They shook hands.

They reached Brooke's house and went to the trading machine device. There were two slots for poke balls.

They each placed their poke balls on the slots and Brooke pressed the button. The balls were sucked up in the machine and then reappeared. This time they were in different slots.

TRADE COMPLETE! read the machine.

"Ok its done" Brooke said, taking her new poke ball.

"Awesome" he said, looking at his new pokemon in its pokeball and wondering if it would mind unlike his Nidoking.

They walked outside as Shawn, Shadow, and Nick were about to leave.

"Here is my number. Call me next time your back at home in Valencia cause then I will take your Nidoking with me when I go so you can see it again!" Brooke suggested.

"Yeah sure thing" Nick agreed.

Shawn and Nick waved as they parted from the island. Nick remembered the first time he caught it in the contest. He remembered the times he was hit in the face by Nidoking. Even though it didnít obey he still cared for it and hoped to see it again some day...
Old 03-04-2004, 10:41 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 18- Ditto-2-Go!

"I donít know Nick, I personally think it was a good trade" Shawn muttered on about Nick's Nidoking-Scizor trade.

They walked through the little neighborhood on a small island a few miles away from Trovita Island. They were walking out the door with a bag filled with potions, PokeGuide for PokeManiacs!, poke balls, and other things needed for their journey.

"Yeah maybe Scizor will come in handy" Nick thought about it.

"It will for sure, no offence.. you have a really strong team but look at it. Squirtle, Cyndaquil, and Tyrogue havenít even evolved yet. As for Shadow, its great for defensively but its attack power is pretty low. And Scizor you just got from a trade. You really need to start looking at the bigger picture here and train or look for new pokemon more. The last gym isnít that far away you know" Shawn showed Nick the wider screen.

Nick thought about his pokemon...

They now walked through the forest, which led to their boat.

"DIT!" whispered something in the brush.

"What was that?" Nick looked around.

"Sounded like some kind of pokemon rustling around, lets keep going" Shawn said, still walking.

Shadow and Shawn kept going but Nick stayed. Then finally Nick started to walk far behind them.

"DITTO!" said something again.

"There it is!" Nick yelled again.

"What?" Shawn yelled back.

"I just saw some pink thing in the bushes" Nick pointed to a very small bush.

Shawn looked behind the bush Nick was pointing at and then a puzzled look came over his face.

"There is nothing here man" Shawn laughed.

"I'm not crazy, I know what I saw" Nick screamed, knowing it wasnít crazy on this one.

Shawn shrugged and continued. Then something jumped out in front of them! It was a pink blob with two black eyes.

"WOW! A Ditto!" Shawn pointed out.

"A what?" Nick asked, never seeing such a pokemon before.

"Thatís a Ditto! It only has one move.. Transform and its very rare" Shawn told about the mysterious pokemon.

"One move? Sounds kinda weak" Nick had a weird look on his face.

"NO ITS NOT! Transform can make it turn into its opponents shape.. other words it can turn into other pokemons" Shawn explained.

"Other pokemon? That sounds awesome! I'm gonna catch it!" Nick blurted out.

Nick threw out Scizor's pokeball. The red big clawed Scizor popped out.

"This is also a great chance to get to know my Scizor!" Nick yelled.

Ditto instantly turned into Scizor. It was bizarre. Nick looked at Ditto in amazement. "Scizor start off with Metal Claw" Nick decided. Its claw turned silver and it tried to hit Ditto with it but it moved! Ditto tried Metal Claw but failed as well. "Next Scizor try a Tackle attack" suggested Nick. Scizor did as told and knocked Ditto to the ground. Then it used False Swipe. Ditto was slashed by Scizor!

Ditto got up and ready to make a move. It used Agility and caught Scizor off guard, making it able to headbutt Scizor hard! Scizor had to pick itself off the ground.

Scizor tried Double Team. There were Scizor's all around Ditto's fake Scizor form.

Ditto didnít know which one was the REAL one. Ditto tried for the one on its left and then the one beside it. WRONG ONE!

Thatís when Scizor attacked from the right! Scizor Tackled Ditto to the ground. Ditto deformed back to its self.

"Alright Ditto, your all mine!" Nick said as he threw his pokeball. It hit Ditto right on!

"DoDon.. DoDon..Dodon.." The pokeball sounded as it wobbled back and forth.

PING! Ditto was caught! Nick had captured his 6th Pokemon!
Old 03-04-2004, 10:42 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

SPECIAL CHAPTER

*Note*
This is a special chapter(sc). Kinda like a special episode. This will not be about Nick's Journey but his rival! Jason will meet a legendary. Here it goes...
--------

"What a great place" Jason Ivy sighed as he walked threw Dikian Island. There were building after buildings. There were so many huge sky scrappers, it was truly amazing.

Jason walked to the Pokemon Center.

"Thanks a lot Nurse Joy" a mysterious man said as he walked away from the counter.

Jason noticed him from somewhere. He just couldnít remember where. He had red-ish hair and a black pant/ shirt thing goin on.

Jason gave his pokeballs to Nurse Joy so she could heal them. He sat down on a waiting couch. He picked up PokeWeekly magazine.

----------------------------

"Alright" the mysterious guy confirmed as he hung up the phone. He turned walked to the edge of the island. His feet sunk into the sand.

"Lets go Dragonite" the man said as his Dragonite flew down and picked him up. They flew to the other side of the island.

"Something bad is going to happen... something is wrong" the guy said as they flew up high.

A storm was brewing above them. It was enclosing fast. Thunder struck the edge of the island!

--------------------

Jason picked up his pokemon and walked off.

"Looks like a storm is comin.. we better go find cover" Jason said to his self.

"AAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKK!" screeched some kind of creature in the distance. Everyone froze in their tracks.

"AAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKK!" screeched the figure again. Something was coming.. something big...

The thunderous, yellow bird flew out of the air. A bolt of lightening came from the amazing pokemon flying over the city and struck one of the buildings. It demolished it as well as hurting the people inside it.

Jason ran over to the building.

"What the heck happened here?!" Jason asked as he looked at the fried and demolished building. The black clouds roared all over the small, busy island.

The man with his Dragonite flew down to the building.

"I know you! Your Drake, the Orange League Champ" Jason remembered.

"Yep, your the Jason kid that has been beating all the orange island gym leaders right? You have earned quite the reputation around here kid" Drake said, giving off Jasonís dream of a compliment.

The thunderous mighty bird flew over them.

"THATS A ZAPDOS!" Jason yelled out.

"Yeah it is... and its going to destroy this island if we donít find its egg now! Someone had stolen it off an island not to far from here. Hop on my Dragonite and help me" Drake suggested, having a serious look on his face.

"Sure thing" Jason said, getting serious now as well now.

They flew over to a large factory place. It looked pretty old and rusty.

They landed and Dragonite used Hyper Beam and knocked down the door.

"Whats going on?!" a man yelled.

Jason noticed the two from somewhere.

"Give us that egg!" Drake blurted out.

The egg was white with a huge yellow lightening bolt on it.

"Billy and I will be taking this egg to Giovanni so it will hatch and see him.. making it very fond of our boss so donít dare think you can mess up our plans you fools" Casey screamed, getting her pokeball ready.

They threw out their poke balls. Casey's Cubone and Billy's Magby came out.

They got ready for battle.

"Lets go buddies.."Jason said releasing his poke balls.

A huge orange figure came out with powerful and large wings.

"CHHHHARRRIIIZARRRDDD!" the pokemon roared.

The second pokeball was his Poliwrath.

"I'll go get the egg while you distract them" Drake said.

"Alright" Drake agreed.

Drake snuck behind the battle scene.

Jason's Charizard traded Flamethrowers with Magby.

Cubone was trying to get a hit with its bone on Poliwrath.

Drake took the egg and gave it to Dragonite. They created a hole in the wall with Hyper Beam and flew out it.

Team Rocket didnít pay any attention to it. Drake and Dragonite flew over to the edge of town where Zapdos was destroying homes. They had to do something fast or people were going to get hurt, possibly even killed.

Drake and Dragonite flew right underneath the powerful monster and made it notice its egg. Zapdos didnít care, it tried to use Thunder on Dragonite. Dragonite fought back with a Hyper Beam. Zapdos dodged the blast very easily.

Then Dragonite started to use another one but Drake demanded it to land.

They got on the ground and sat down the egg. Zapdos took it with its beak and flew to the old factory.

A light of bolting came from Zapdos and blew up the old factory, sending Team Rocket running for there lives.

"Oh no! The factory.. Jason was in there!" Drake cried out, sad that he had put Jason in that position.

"Or was I?" Jason called out.

Drake turned around to see Jason landing on the ground with his Charizard.

"We did it!" Jason yelled, watching Zapdos.

The town was half way destroyed. It took some time to re-due the whole town but it had worked.

Jason got ready for he was about to go fight Drake in a week for the Orange League Championship. He couldnít wait.

Zapdos had flown off somewhere that day with its egg and hasnít been seen since...

THE END OF SC!

ĖKCash-> Bored? Well sorry, I tried my best. This SC was really to show you the pokemon that Jason has and where he is on the Orange Islands. Next will be a post with Nick visiting the Johto League's Goldenrod City on a special visit.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:43 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 19- A Goldenrod of an Adventure

Nick gripped the edge of the handle which connected to the seat. The plan roared as it passed land underneath.

Nick had talked to Whitney, his "lover" or as he calls it "..a friend thatís a girl". She had invited him to come down to Goldenrod for a few days. There was exactly a little private four seater plane leaving that day on the same island they were on.

Nick, Shadow, and Shawn agreed to give him Professor Ivy's phone number(he had a crush on her for three years now) and he would give them a ride to where he was going.. Goldenrod City!

They easily landed and grabbed there bags. They were to meet at the Goldenrod City Gym.

"NICK!" Whitney called out.

Whitney ran across the street to where Nick, Shadow, and Shawn were staring at the entrance to Goldenrod City Gym.

Whitney gave Nick a huge hug and then patted Shadow's head.

"Its nice to see you again" she gave a big smile.

"Yeah, come inside!" Whitney pushed them to the inside part of the gym.

They followed her to a room in the back of the gym. It was more like a kitchen. They sat down and had sodas and a plate of french fries.

"This is a really cool place" Shawn said, looking around in the gym.

"Yeah, it would be cool running a gym like this" Nick said.

"Yep, its fun running it and all but someday I hope to leave it and explore Johto" Whitney said, still wanting to travel more then be in Goldenrod all her life.

"So whats there to do around here?" asked Nick.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:43 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 20- Tauros This!

"Geez, what a workout!" Nick panted as he fell to the ground. Shadow walked up behind him and Whitney followed behind Shadow.

They all sat on the ground under a shaded tree. They had been running through the woods all afternoon.

Nick took a drink from his water bottle and then gave Shadow some.

"These woods are beautiful" Nick said, looking at the distant trees.

"Yeah, I like to run through here a lot. Its nice and calm. Although I see lots of bug pokemon though. They like to run through these parts of the forest" said Whitney.

The group started to walk down the path until they realized they were missing a member!

"Where is Shawn?" Nick jumped up.

They ran back to wear they came upon a big tree. Shawn was up in the tree, shaking in his boots. Down below Shawn was a Tauros!

It looked angry. It was stomping his huge left hoove on the ground. It was kickin up dirt and waving its horns around.

"What did you do?" Nick yelled to Shawn.

"I didnít do anything, I was just wondering if it wanted some of my special pokemon food and then it tried to attack me!" Shawn yelled back.

Nick blurted out laughing. Whitney couldnít hold it in either. They both rolled on the ground and pointed at Shawn. They finally got up and Nick grabbed his pokeball. He whipped a tear from his face cause he had been laughing so hard and he threw the pokeball.

Squirtle appeared!

"Squirtle. Hit Tauros with your Water Gun!" Nick said, still giving off a small laugh.

The jet blast of water hit Tauros right on. Tauros fell to the ground but quickly got up. It stomped the ground and charged for Squirtle. Squirtle quickly jumped up over Tauros and used another Water Gun.

The water blast hit Tauros from behind. It fell to the ground right on!

Nick grabbed his empty pokeball and threw it at Tauros. It was sucked right in. The ball moved from side to side. Then once more. Then Tauros popped out!

"Dang it! Almost... Give it an Rapid Spin!" Nick suggested this time.

Squirtle went inside its shell and then started to spin rapidly fast. It hit Tauros right in the head. Tauros fell to the ground.

Nick gave the pokeball another run. Tauros was once again sucked in.

The ball wobbled.. wobbled..wobbled..wobbled.. PING!

"Alright a Tauros!" Nick ran over to the pokeball to pick it up. He started to dance around.

"Yeah baby! Yeah baby!" he sung. Shawn tried to climb out of the tree but ended up falling out! Whitney came up to Nick and hugged him for the great catch!
Old 03-04-2004, 10:44 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 21- Nick..a Gym Leader?!

"I like your team.. itís a good style for you" Whitney complimented Nick, looking at all of Nick's pokemon.

Tyrogue was practicing karate with Ditto, who was transformed as a Tyrogue.

Squirtle was laying down under a big shade tree. Cyndaquil, Whitney's Clefairy, and Shawn's Houndour was eating some pokemon food Shawn had fixed up. Shadow was soaking up sun rays, other words just laying in the grass and getting some sun.

Scizor was flying around with Shawn's Ledian.

Whitney, Shawn, and Nick were eating some lunch in the back of Whitney's Gym.

"Where is your new Tauros?" Whitney wondered.

"Oh, I had to send it to Professor Ivy. You know.. since it was my 7th pokemon and all" Nick said proudly.

"Oh yeah.... I need to get some supplies for Clefairy and Miltank from the Pokemon Shopping Center down the street so anyways.. I am not sure what kind of food is right for them and all. I was thinking since you were here, Shawn, and you know about that kind of stuff that you could come help me" Whitney wondered.

"Sure. That shouldnít be that hard" Shawn shrugged.

"Great lets go now!" Whitney smiled.

They stood up and started to walk off. Nick followed.

"No hunny! You have to stay here and defend the gym if a trainer comes around" Whitney pushed Nick back into his seat.

"Man! .... Wait! Defend the Gym?" Nick questioned her.

"Yeah" Whitney said, about to walk off again.

"I donít know how to defend the gym" Nick yelled.

"Look if a trainer comes then accept his challenge and if he wins then give him a badge" she said, giving him a case of badges.

Shawn and Whitney walked off. Nick looked on in confusion. Then a grin overcame his face..

"I'm a Gym Leader!" he screamed out.

Nick sat down throwing pebbles into a small itsy bitsy puddle.

Whitney and Shawn had been gone for 30 minutes now. Tyrogue and Ditto took a rest from all their training.

Ditto walked up to Nick, who was sitting in the grass. Ditto tugged on Nick's jeans and then pointed to its mouth.

"You thirsty?" Nick asked.

"DITTO!" it said, showing Nick that he was right.

They walked into the corner of the gym where there was a fountain. Nick poured the nice cold water into a cup and gave it to Ditto. Ditto seemed to be refueled.

"HELLO?!" a young boy called out.

A young boy that was probably are 10-11 years of age walked into the small gym area. He wore black shorts with a black shirt. He had a yellow and blue over shirt though. His brown hair was neatly combed.

"Uh.. yeah" Nick said.

"Hi! I'm Nickolas from Pewter City. Are you the Gym Leader?" he asked.

"Nice to meet you.. my name is Nick too" Nick said back, "Oh and exactly I am not the gym leader but I am taking her place for now. If you can beat me then I will be glad to give you this Plain Badge" he said, holding up the shiny badge.

"Awesome! Is a one-on-one pokemon battle fine?" he asked Nick.

"Sure!" Nick said with a smile.

Nick bent down and asked Ditto if it would like to battle. Ditto agreed to do so and jumped out to the battle floor.

Nickolas threw out his pokeball. A blue and red pokemon appeared. It took form as an elephant.

"PHANPY!" it yelled out.

"Hmm... donít look to tough, you can do it Ditto!" Nick said to its pokemon.

Ditto used Transform right away! It took the form, shape, size and the characteristics of Phanpy.

The two elephant looking pokemons stared each other down. "Phanpy start out with Rollout!" yelled Nickolas. It started to spin rapidly and rolled right towards Ditto. Ditto managed to jump over Phanpy before it was hit though!

Phanpy rolled back towards Ditto again. Ditto jumped over Phanpy again! Phanpy took a U-ing and rolled right towards the transformed Ditto once more! "Ditto use Headbutt" Nick screamed.

The two Phanpy looking pokemons charged towards each other.

"BAM!" Smoke flew across the battle floor. Ditto was on the ground. Phanpy stood tall! Ditto struggled up. Apparently since Ditto wasnít use to the form, it wasnít exactly as powerful as the real Phanpy. Phanpy started to use Swift. The stars flew towards Ditto. Ditto managed to use Defense Curl. It curled up and the Swift attack bounced off of Ditto's hard strong Phanpy body.

"Ditto try Earthquake" sounded Nick. Their was only enough power behind the attack to make the ground shake hard enough so that Phanpy hit the ground. This through it off guard.

Ditto rolled up in a Rollout attack. It rolled right for Phanpy.

Phanpy jumped up and dodged the attack. Then it used its Rollout attack!

Phanpy and Ditto hit each other right on. Ditto's wasnít strong enough. Ditto was sent to the ground where it deformed back to its original state.

Phanpy stood panting.

"Aw no! Ditto!" Nick yelled as he ran over to pick up his pokemon. He then returned it to its pokeball so it could rest.

"That was an awesome battle Nick" Nickolas gave his prompts.

"Yeah, I love your Phanpy. Where did you get it?" pondered Nick.

"Exactly I just got it down the road a ways" Nickolas pointed in the south direction.

"Awesome! I hope to get one of my own someday!" Nick blurted out.

Nickolas returned his Phanpy after giving it a hug.

"Oh, I guess this is yours..." Nick said as he gave up his (or Whitney's) Plain Badge.

"Alright! A plain badge! Thatís awesome. Three down, five to go! Thanks a lot Nick. I hope to see you soon!" Nickolas waved off.

"Yeah, definitely!" he said as they shook hands.

--------------------------

Later on...

Whitney returned, jumping up and down and explaining to Nick about all they bought. Shawn followed behind her, struggling to carry the tons of bags they had.

"So did you have to defend the gym any?" Whitney asked.

"Yeah, he wasnít that great and all but I went easy, ya know" he said as he shrugged and blushed.