Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Interactive Boards Ľ Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:45 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash
Default Re: Orange Islands Adventure

Chapter 22 continued...

Nick hugged Whitney very tightly. Shawn and Whitney shook hands as they departed away from each other. Shawn, Nick, and Shadow climbed on board a little gray blimp.

Whitney waved off to them as they flew off onto Kumquat Island! There Nick would compete for its next badge... the Jade Star Badge!

------------------

After a days trip over to the island of Kumquat.. Nick and Co. walked off the blimp, looking for the Pokemon Center.

They kept walking until they came upon a small red and white building with a big P on it.

"Ah look! The Pokemon Center!" Nick remarked as he ran inside.

"Hello there!" Nurse Joy said happily to them.

"Well hello there hunny" Nick said, running right up to the counter.

"Donít even think about it" Joy rolled her eyes.

"Hey, I was saying hunny in a nice way.. not in a girlfriend-boyfriend way" Nick said back, blushing.

"Excuse my friend, do you happen to know where the Gym is?" Shawn asked while pushing Nick aside.

"Yeah, just right down the street" Joy pointed to the east side of the island.

"Thanks a lot. Do you have any rooms open for tonight?" Shawn asked as well.

"Yeah sure" Joy said, typing info into the computer to double check they had rooms available.

She typed Shawn's name into the computer and gave him a room key. Shawn stayed in the room to get some rest. The clock turned 7:30 p.m. It was time to go to the gym before it closed. It was now or never in the eyes of Nick.

Nick walked out of the Pokemon Center with Shadow alongside. He focused on the upcoming match!
Old 03-04-2004, 10:46 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 23- Double Trouble!

Luana, the Gym Leader, entered into the gym. Nick stood in the little area provided for him. He looked on as the lights of the gym came on.
The battle floor shone with brightness.

"You sure you ready for this?" Luana asked.

"Sure thing, just tell me the rules!" Nicks stood on the other side of the battle field, ready for his match-up he had set up earlier.

"We will both use two pokemon" Luana said plain and simple.

"What? I thought the Orange Islands Gyms didnít do their battles regularly?" Nick questioned.

"Ah but we do it different.. yes! We will use two pokemon at the same time!" Luana smiled.

"At the same time?!" Nick blurted out, being very puzzled.

"Yep, better choose your pokemon wisely" Luana kept in mind.

Nick thought about which two pokemon would do the best together...

Luana whipped the purplish short hair out of her face and threw out her two Poke balls. An Alakazam and a Marowak came out!

Nick decided on his two pokemon. Shadow jumped out to the floor. Scizor popped out of its Pokeball. The battle begun!

Nick's Scizor charged for Alakazam. Shadow went for Marowak! It was on...

"Scizor.. Metal Claw! Shadow.. Quick Attack!" Nick said, giving orders at the same time.

Nick had to say the words super fast. It was a totally different way then what he was use to. He had never encountered something like this before.

Scizor's big claw turned silver. Then it tried to hit Alakazam. Being smart though, Alakazam teleported behind Scizor and then it used Psybeam.

Scizor fell to the ground hard.

Shadow swept its way to Marowak. Shadow went in for the hit but Marowak jumped into the air and used Bone Club. Its little bone was thrown at Shadow. It was hit right on the head. Shadow was dazed from the hard hitting blow.

Scizor quickly got up. It fought back with a Double Team. Suddenly three Scizor's appeared. Alakazam used Psybeam at the middle one. Missed!

Psybeam at the right one.. Missed! The left one came flying at Alakazam. It tried to go for a Take Down but Alakazam was just to fast. Once again it Teleported behind Scizor and then quickly used Psychic. Scizor was picked up telepathically and thrown across the battle floor.

Shadow got its self back together and used Swift. Marowak wasnít quick enough. It took the hit and then tried a Bone Club. The bone was thrown towards Shadow but Shadow jumped over the spiraling bone and used Headbutt, taking Marowak to the ground.

Scizor stood up. Alakazam used Future Sight. Its eyes glew blue and then nothing happened. Nick didnt know what was going on. Then Scizor used Metal Claw and it hit Alazakam to the ground. Alakazam looked extremely tired.

Marowak didnít give up though. It stood up and used Bomerang. This time the bone came towards Shadow even faster but Shadow was still able to jump over the incoming bone. Shadow stood still, waiting for the next attack.

The bone came back towards Shadow. Shadow was off guard though! BAM! Shadow was hit in the back of the head. Marowak laughed as it got its bone back.

Shadow got up and used Faint Attack. It disappeared and then came from the right side, smashing into Marowak.

Marowak fainted!

Scizor used Take Down and kept pounding Alakazam. Then all of the sudden a slash of wind came out of nowhere. A huge black and gray ball came from the left side of Scizor.

Scizor was hit!

"Ah! What was that?" Nick screamed out.

"That was Future Sight. Bet you doubted that attack huh?" Luana said, laughing.

Luana had to call back Marowak.. Nick called back Scizor. They were each down to one pokemon each!
Old 03-04-2004, 10:46 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 23 continued...

Shadow faced Alakazam. It was now just one pokemon standing in the way of Nick's Jade Star Badge.

Alakazam used Psybeam. It went spiraling towards Shadow. Shadow used Agility and got out of the way! Shadow then went in for a Quick Attack.

Alakazam teleported though to the other side of the battle floor. Then from there it used Psybeam again. It hit Shadow with impact!

Shadow struggled to get up. It looked like this battle was almost done for. Shadow stumbled up and tried to use the little power left on a Faint Attack.

It disappeared and came from behind Alakazam. It knocked it to the ground.

Shadow charged up. A black ball with purple lightening was formed right in front of Shadow. It was a Shadow Ball!

The blast went straight for Alakazam. Luana demanded Alakazam to use its Psychic. Alakazam's eyes turned blue and then made the blast turn around.. going straight for Shadow!

Shadows own blast was coming for it.

Shadow did the only thing it could do.. it used Faint Attack once more. It disappeared as the Shadow Ball hit!

The blast made a lot of smoke go through out the gym. With Alakazam's psychic power, the smoke was shifted away. Shadow was no where to be found!

Then from the right corner of the battle area, Shadow appeared! It caught Alakazam's attention. It looked right and then all of the sudden Shadow hit Alakazam from the left.

Alakazam laid on the gym floor.

Luana looked down at its injured pokemon.

"NO! Alakazam!" Luana screamed as she ran over to her pokemon.

Nick stared along with Shadow.

"We won.. WE WON!!!!" Nick yelled, going from whisper to loud yelling.

Luana returned Alakazam and then walked over to Nick.

"That was a truly great match Nick. I havenít had a good battle like that in awhile.. at least not since that one Jason kid came by" Luana said to herself.

Nick fell on the ground anime style!

"I think you earned this fair and square!" she said as she gave Nick a small badge with a weird star in the middle of the shell.

Nick grinned really big...

"Alright! Orange Island Cup.. HERE I COME!" Nick celebrated as he jumped up and down with Shadow.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:12 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 24- Bruno Uno!

Nick looked at his four badges. With this he could enter into the Orange League Cup where he would have to fight a guy named Drake.

Shawn drove the speedboat across the blue glittering water. They were trying to make a non stop three day trip back to Valencia Island.

With only 18 hours left until they were expected to be at Valencia.. they started to run out of food.

"Man, I'm soooooooo hungry" Nick complained as Shadow moaned with him.

"Well maybe if you didnít eat the food ,which should of lasted us for a week, in just two days.. then maybe we would have some food!" Shawn screamed at Nick.

"Soooorry! I was hungry" Nick looked up in the distance.

"Alright.. what about that island over there!" Shawn pointed to a small island just straight ahead.

"Naw.. it looks like there is no one there. Its probably not inhabited with people, keep going" Nick decided.

"Well they might have some fruits like bananas, apples, pineapples, coconuts, etc." Shawn pointed out.

"Well ok then, go ahead" Nick said while rolling his eyes back and forth.

The boat zoomed towards the island. They found a good place to park the boat and they got off.

Nick sent out Tyrogue. Shawn sent out Ledian. They each went a different way.

Nick, Shadow, and Tyrogue went deep into the island. The whole island was covered with trees. They saw no sign of fruits or anything edible, that is unless you wanted to eat a wild Ditto.. YUCK!

Finally they found a one single apple in the tree.

"AWESOME! Get it Tyrogue!" called out Nick.

Tyrogue nodded and jumped up in the air. It pulled back to kick the apple out of the tree. BAM! Something beat Tyrogue to it!

Tyrogue landed and looked straight ahead. A Hitmonchan looked down on it, holding the red apple.

"Hey! Thatís ours!" Nick yelled at it.

"Nope, I believe my Hitmonchan beat you to it!" a guy grunted. He walked up to Nick. He had nothing on but white karate pants with a black belt. His black hair was spiked.

"You donít know who your messin with buddy!" Nick stepped up to the guy.

"Oh but I do" the guy said back with a very deep voice.

"You do.. what do you mean by that?" Nick screamed out.

"I have heard about you from my friend.. Luana. She said you are a great trainer" the guyís eyes got wide as he really looked at Nick.

"Oh, yeah thatís right" Nick said, easing up a little.

"The name is Bruno kid" he said, sticking out his hand to be shaked.

"Bruno? Thatís where I know you from! Your Master Bruno of the Elite Four!" Nick screamed.

Bruno laughed out loud.

"I have been watching you since I was a baby! Say.. what are you doing out here?" Nick wondered.

"I came here so I could train in private. Never expected to see a little kid here. Just kinda figured the island was abandoned." Bruno shrugged.

"Oh, Well me and my friend are on our way to my hometown, Valencia Island, and we got hungry so we thought we would stop to get some fruits here" Nick explained.

"Oh well in that case take the apple. I have a whole bunch back at my fort" Bruno smiled as he took the apple from Hitmonchan and gave it to Tyrogue.

"Cool" said Nick.

"Say.. I recently got my Tyrogue. If you would help me out with training it.. since you are a fighting pokemon master.. then I wonít tell anyone that you are here!" Nick asked the favor.

"I dunno kid. I donít have time for stuff like this" Bruno thought hard about it.

"Come on, I wonít bother you that much. Just give me some pointers and I will be gone!" Nick was on his knees begging like a baby now.

"Ok but you have to promise not to tell ANYONE that Iím here!" Bruno yelled out.

"I Promise!" Nick agreed.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:14 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 24 continued...

Shawn and Ledian came out of the bushes.

"SHAWN!" yelled Nick.

"Hey any luck budd--" Shawn started to say until the big bad Bruno hovered over Shawn.

"Who is this?" Shawn wondered with a bit of fear.

"Thatís Bruno of the Elite Four and he is going to secretly train me!" Nick said happily.

"Hey, I thought you said you wouldnít tell anyone" Bruno laughed.

"Oops! Sorry.. I wont tell anyone starting NOW!" Nick blurted out, blushing.

"Bruno of the Elite Four? Never heard of him. He donít look so tough" Shawn stepped up.

"SHAWN! Donít defy the greatness of Bruno!" Nick said in a serious tone.

"Whatever" Shawn waved him off.

"Are you a trainer too cause I am only going to train one pokemon!" Bruno said in his deep voice.

"I'm a Pokemon Professor in the making" Shawn said out loud.

"Good. Come on Nick and Tyrogue. Lets hurry up and get this over with" Bruno led them away.

They walked about 1/4 a mile until they reached the middle of the island. It was a clear path. Their was a big circle with no trees. It was just dirt on the ground and a little log cabin.

Weights and other special equipment were sitting outside the cabin.

"Lets see here..." Bruno said as he looked at Tyrogue. He picked up Tyrogue's small arms and then looked at its skinny legs.

"This may take awhile!" Bruno laughed.

Bruno went into the house and brought out a basket full of apples and peaches.

He sat them down on a little table outside by the weights.

Shawn, Shadow, Nick, and Bruno sat down to eat while Tyrogue lifted some weights.

After 10 minutes of that Bruno had Tyrogue cut up logs with only its feet and arms.

"Karate Chop! Mega Kick!" Nick called out, really digging this training stuff.

Tyrogue cut the logs up until there were none left. Then from there it had to dodge the logs as Bruno threw them.

"GO! RIGHT! LEFT! LEFT! RIGHT!" Nick screamed as he directed Tyrogue to dodging the fast incoming logs.

Next was the more hard Defensive AND Offensive training with Bruno. It was none other than a one-on-one battle with Bruno!

Tyrogue tried tons of kicks and karate chops. Nothing was working.

"Karate Chop with both hands!"

Tyrogue did as Nick told it to do and used a double Karate Chop. Bruno was hit!

It was a great training exercise. Bruno still thought that Tyrogue was to weak.

Tyrogue punched the logs into nothing but chips of wood. After the hard training exercise, Tyrogue's hands were all red and hurting.

Nick made Bruno stop the training so that Tyrogue could get some rest but Tyrogue refused.

Tyrogue was very committed to being the best it could be. The clock hit the 4 hour mark. FOUR HOURS of nothing but training. Tyrogue still refused to give up. Nick was on the ground resting. He was tired from just directing Tyrogue in training all day. He didnít even have to throw any punches.

Nick didnít know where Tyrogue found all its strength to keep going at.

The sun was trying to set. Shawn was drawing and analyzing stuff that Bruno did with Tyrogue. Nick stood up.

"Its time" Bruno announced.

"Alright!" Nick said with confidence.

------------------------------

The battle began... We would now see how strong Tyrogue had become. Hitmonchan came out of Bruno's pokeball. Tyrogue stood tall.

Its defense and offensive training had really pumped up Tyrogue.

Tyrogue started off with a Mega Punch. Hitmonchan easily dodged the punch and used Ice Punch. Tyrogue jumped up in the air to dodge the attack.

Then it used Double Team. Three Tyrogue's appeared. Hitmonchan tried to punch the middle one. MISSED! Then it tried to punch the left one. As it punched, Tyrogue jumped from the right one and hammered Hitmonchan with a mighty kick...
Old 03-05-2004, 12:14 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 24 continued...

Tyrogue gave another kick to Hitmonchan's mid-section. Hitmonchan gained enough energy to hit Tyrogue with a Thunder Punch though. The electric punch hit Tyrogue right across the face.

This made Tyrogue electricuted. Tyrogue fell to the ground. It was injured pretty badly.

"You can do it Tyrogue. Just get up.. please!" Nick begged.

Tyrogue glew white. Its head became bigger. Legs became bigger, as well as a third leg appearing. It stopped. It looked different. It EVOLVED!

"TYROGUE!" Nick wondered.

"Wow kid. Your Tyrogue just evolved into a Hitmontop. That means its attack and defense power is the same" Bruno explained.

Nick looked at the pokemon with amazement. That was his first pokemon to evolve with an exception to Shadow.

Nick looked at it in amazement and then he knew this was the chance to beat Hitmonchan. Hitmontop used Rapid Kick. It turned on its head and started to spin rapidly. It kicked Hitmonchan right in the stomach.

Hitmonchan started to punch away at Hitmontop. It kept missing though. Hitmontop used Fury Kick. It kicked Hitmonchan with with its three long legs.

Hitmonchan picked itself up.

"Your pokemon has done a great job but I have to end this now" Bruno said seriously.

Hitmonchan pulled back its fist. Hitmontop went head first towards Hitmonchan, trying to use Headbutt. Hitmonchan took this opportunity to hit Hitmontop with its Ice Punch.

Hitmontop was knocked to the ground in a big ice block. It was frozen solid!

Hitmonchan won!

"Oh no!" cried Nick.

Nick ran over to Hitmontop. It returned it to its pokeball.

Nick walked over to Bruno. They shook each other's hands.

"Great battle you two" Shawn congratulated.

"Yeah, but I couldnít of had a pokemon to fight like that if it wasnít for Bruno" Nick smiled at him.

Shawn, Shadow, and Nick waved off to Bruno and Hitmonchan as they sped off in the boat.

Thanks to the Great Bruno, Nick had a spankin new strong pokemon.

Next stop.. Valencia Island to get ready for the tournament!!!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 12:16 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 25- The Match is Set.. Start your Training!

"MUM!" Nick screamed at the top of his lungs as he raced to his mom. Shawn had docked the boat and was now following behind Nick and Shadow.

Nick's white and green house came up. His mom was in the backyard where they kept their garden.

Nick jumped over the small white fence and gave his mom the biggest hug ever.

Nick's mom put down the garden house and hugged Nick back.

Then she patted Shadow's head.

"How are you sweetie?!" his mom said to her beloved son.

"Great! I have all the badges!" Nick yelled as he showed off his four shiny badges.

"And you must be Shawn! I havenít met you in person yet!" she said as she shook Shawn's hand.

"Its nice to meet you Mrs. Dunbar" Shawn smiled back and shook her hand.

They walked inside. Shawn and Nick sat down at the table as Mrs. Dunbar fixed up some of her famous brownies. Shadow and their oversized house pet Skitty ate some special pokemon food.

"So, when do you fight Drake?" Mrs. Dunbar asked.

"Im not sure. I was told I needed to call in and make a week notice before I can battle him. I would of called before to set up a match but I figured I would call the gym once I got here so then I could have a whole week here to train" explained Nick.

"That Drake isnít going to be very easy Nicky" Mrs. Dunbar said as she finished making her brownies.

"Nicky? HAHAHAHAHA!" Shawn blurted out laughing.

"Yeah, hush it Shawn-zy!" Nick said, laughing a bit his self.

"Seriously Nick. You know Jason lost to him just two days ago. Apparently Drake's Dragonite is quite powerful" Mrs. Dunbar said.

Nick dropped the brownie. His jaw came wide open.

"Jason?! Jason lost?!" Nick couldnít believe what he heard.

"Yep. And he looked like he was doing so well at the start of the battle" she sighed.

Nick looked down and then looked at Shadow.

"Come on Shadow. We have some training to do" Nick walked outside that instance.

He walked out to the back yard. Their back yard was over an acre in size. He sent out Scizor, Ditto, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, and Hitmontop.

"Listen up soldiers.. we have an important battle coming up soon. I want yaíll to work hard. Be tough. Be the best you can be!" Nick yelled, acting like he was all tough.

Squirtle tapped Cyndaquil's back. Cyndaquil turned around, seeing who was tapping on him. No one was there and then Squirtle started to laugh out loud! Cyndaquil decided to laugh with him instead of being laughed at. The two rolled on the ground laughing.

"Stand tall soldiers!" Nick screamed as loud as he could be!

Cyndaquil and Squirtle hurried and stood straight up.

"Scizor. I want you to fly around the island as fast as you can. You outta be fast. Now go! Ditto.. transform into Hitmontop. I want you two to use Rapid Spin and try to kick each other. The one who stops spinning is the loser. GO!" Nick ordered right away.

Ditto transformed and the two started to spin on their heads. They started to kick each other. Ditto was knocked off balance and fell to the ground. It got right back up though and started to spin again.

"Cyndaquil.. you have great defense but your offense needs some serious training. I want you to battle with Squirtle. Squirtle.. your defense is pretty crumby so I want only Cyndaquil using attacks. Squirtle.. you just dodge them. Also, donít hurt each other!" Nick explained.

They started to battle right away. Shadow came up to Nick, wondering what it should do.

"Your coming with me Shadow" Nick said as he walked away from his pokemon training and his house. He walked straight towards the small pokemon lab. He entered inside...

"Hello!" Nick waved.

"Nick!" Professor Ivy said, startled.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:17 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 25 continued...

"I called the Gym in Pumello Island. I have a match in 6 days from today. I need your help" Nick got right to the point.

"Yeah sure, whats up?" Ivy wondered.

"I heard Jason lost" Nick looked down at the tile floor.

"Yeah, I'm sad to say it but your cousin lost pretty badly. You know my son.. he thinks he can achieve anything he wants. This showed him that being a pokemon trainer is harder than it seems" Ivy smiled big like it meant nothing to her to see her son lose.

"Is he here in his room?" Nick wondered.

"I'm afraid not. He went to train on an island south of here. He was pretty upset" Ivyís smiled turned into a frown.

"When I first heard he lost, I was shocked. I didnít know if I should quit while I was ahead or not. I mean, just look at his team. I know he has a Charizard.. which evolved all the way from a Charmander. Poliwrath came from his Poliwag and he has had his Houndour, now a Houndoom for a long time. If his powerhouse pokemon cant beat Drake.. then how could mine?" Nick felt like throwing his self down on the ground and never getting back up.

"Oh, I see.. you think that since you have only two evolved pokemon- Shadow and Hitmontop- that you donít have a chance. Remember Nick that even Pokemon Masters donít have the strongest pokemon, they have the strongest mind and skill and they use there pokemon wisely" Prof. Ivy explained.

"Your right.. I need your computer" Nick got up and walked over to her PC.

Ivy followed him over to the computer, wondering what his plan was. Nick pulled up data from Prof. Ivy's special Trainer Database. He typed in Drake.

Nick sat back in his chair.

"Electabuzz.. Venusaur.. Onix.. Ditto.. Gengar.. and Dragonite!" Nick read out.

"Thatís one well trained Draongite, Nick. Thatís what beat Jason. I will be honest with you since your my nephew.. your pokemon wont be able to beat it one-on-one" Ivy said it plain and simple, without skippin a beat. No chance.

"Thatís why I need an awesome strategy" Nick thought about it...

He shut off the computer.

"Shadow.. your my fastest pokemon but your not fast enough. We need to do some training in order to put my strategy to work!" Nick ordered Shadow up.

Shadow nodded yes. It was ready for some intense training.

"Aunt Ivy.. can I borrow one of your strongest pokemon as far as attacks go.. Shadow needs some intense Defensive training if its going to put my strategy to the test!" Nick asked.

"Yeah sure but Shadow is already fast!" reminded Ivy.

"Yeah but its not fast enough" Nick knew that was true if he was going to go up against a Dragonite.

"Well then.. why donít you use your Tauros. Its out running around out back. You could have Tauros attack Shadow. Then you can get some work cut in for Tauros as well!" Ivy thought.

"Alright!" Nick ran outside.

The training began...

Tauros tried to jab a horn into Shadow. Shadow just kept dodging the attacks.

Nick smiled. His plan was going to work. He just had to keep on focusing on training!
Old 03-05-2004, 12:17 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 25 continued...

"Lets go guys!" Nick demanded as he jogged away from his house. The whole gang was there.. including Tauros. It was 9:00 in the morning and it was raining.

Nick, with his fancy jogging suit on, led the group out to the small woods not far from his house.

Once they got to a good spot in the woods.. Nick ordered them to do special training once again.

Squirtle shot water balls at Shadow, who was dodging them to raise its defense.

Scizor and Tauros was playing tug-a-war. Scizor would push against Tauros. Whoever went out of the small dirt circle lost.

Ditto, transformed as Cyndaquil, and Cyndaquil itself was sparring.

Hitmontop was spinning on its head and using its rapidly spinning legs to cut down some small trees.

Nick rested and thought about the match he would be in just five short days away. His team was doing great. Not one of them wanted to give up. They each had a big heart and lots of determination.

--------------------------------

2 days til battle...

The fourth day they took off and just did some pokemon studies with Prof. Ivy.

Now they would train for the third and second days. Nick knew his team wasnít going to let him down.

Shawn's Houndour was sparring with Shadow. Nick smiled at the progress that Shadow had made.

"Take a 5 minute break you guys" Nick yelled out. All the pokemon looked at him and then continued to train.

"I said take a break" Nick said again.

No one stopped. They all kept fighting. Kept training. Kept getting stronger.

Nick smiled and walked across the street where Prof. Ivy's Lab was. He walked inside.

"Make a decision" Ivy said to Nick.

"Yeah. I know which pokemon to take with me now" Nick smiled.

"Alright then. Still got your strategy?" wondered Ivy.

"I think so.. it should work. If Shadow is ready. But then again I may have to use Shadow for Gengar. Ghost are weak against Dark and you did say his Gengar gave Jason's pokemon a hard time as well. As long as Shadow keeps training in defensive ways.. we got this!" Nick tightened his hand into a fist...

-----------------------

1 day left...

Nick decided to take the day off with his pokemon. He took them to a beach. No one was there that day. He had the beach to his self. Tauros stayed with Prof. Ivy. It preferred running in the field Prof. Ivy had instead of getting all wet.

Squirtle took a dive into the water. It enjoyed it very much. Cyndaquil and Shadow sat underneath an umbrella, sleeping away. Scizor flew across the edge of the water. Ditto had jumped into the water and saw a Horsea so it transformed into it so it could swim better. Hitmontop stuffed its face with Shawn's food.

Shawn's Ledian joined Scizor. Shawn sat down right beside Nick. Nick was drawing a pokeball in the sand.

"So you nervous?" Shawn asked the question of all questions.

"Kinda. Just hope I can pull this one off" Nick said, not really sure if he was really ready.

"You'll do fine Nick, just donít worry about it!" Shawn tried to give out encouragement.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:18 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 26- Final Battle! Drake V.S Nick

Shawn, Nick, Shadow, and Mrs. Dunbar walked off of the small plane. They walked to the Pokemon Center. It was 11: 00 in the morning. Their match was at 3:00 later that day.

Nick gave his pokemon to Nurse Joy. Shawn was reading some of Prof. Ivy's notes of rock pokemon.. which she let him borrow. Mrs. Dunbar was reading her woman magazine.

Nick stared at the floor. His hands were neatly folded in his lap. He could feel his hands shaking.

"I'm going for a walk" Nick said as he stood up and walked out of the Pokemon Center. Shawn and Mrs. Dunbar didnít even know he left since they were caught up in there magazine/book.

Nick walked til he could see the ocean. Their he saw a Wailmer blow water out of its blowhole. Then he saw something flying extremely fast across the ocean.

It was coming straight for him! It was a Dragonite with some guy on it!

The Dragonite landed on the beach. Nick ran over to them.

"Wow! Thatís one fast Dragonite!" Nick yelled.

"Thanks a lot man. I have been training Dragonite for a long time now!" the guy said back.

"Itís a really great pokemon" Nick said, admiring the big Dragonite.

"Say are you Nick Dunbar?" the guy asked, looking at Nick really hard.

"Yeah! Hmm.. a Dragonite huh? Guess that means your Drake" Nick said, looking into the ground and scared to have to face him already.

"Yep. Ready for the match later on" Drake asked.

"I hope" Nick knew he was really still nervous though.

"Jason is your cousin right?" asked Drake.

"Yep, sadly" Nick laughed.

"He said that I better watch out for you" Drake said, believe it or not.

Nick gasped.

"Jason said that?" Nick said while making sure he heard that right.

"Yeah. Me and him have known each other for awhile now. Since we had this mission with this Zapdos. He's a good guy" Drake said, attending to his Dragonite.

"Yeah. He can be anyways" Nick rolled his eyes.

"Well Nick. I have to go get ready myself. I'll see you soon" Drake nodded his head goodbye.

"Yeah sure. See ya soon" Nick waved off.

Drake jumped on Dragonite and they flew off! Nick looked up at them. Nick clinched his fist. He was ready more than ever.

Back at the Pokemon Center...

Nick got back his pokeballs. He walked over to the stadium. Shawn and his mom took their seats. The stands were full. Nick stood in his locker room. He could hear the fans yelling for Drake.

He felt the nervousness come back. All those people, all rooting for Drake. One mistake and Drake could beat him. This was the battle. The ULTIMATE BATTLE!
Old 03-05-2004, 12:18 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 26 continued...

Nick walked out to the battle field. Nick could hear the crowd shout at him. 'Drake's to strong, leave while you can' and 'You donít stand a chance son!'.

Nick ignored these comments. Suddenly Drake appeared. The crowd went crazy. He came to the designated area for him.

Nick and Drake starred at each other across the battle floor. The battle floor was a rock field. There were rocks everywhere on this platform.

Drake grabbed his pokeball and sent out his pokemon. Nick sent out his.

Drake's Ditto faced off against Nick's Hitmontop. Ditto instantly started to transform into Hitmontop.

"Hitmontop.. Rolling Kick NOW!" Nick yelled out.

Hitmontop jumped to where it was on its head and it started to spin. It spun right for Ditto. Ditto jumped into the air and kicked the spinning Hitmontop. This stopped Hitmontop.

Ditto used Rolling Kick. Hitmontop did the same. The two pokemons were spinning right for each other. They clashed into each other. They both were knocked off balance and flew into a rocks.

Each of them got right back up though. Ditto tried Rapid Spin this time. Hitmontop used Agility to get away from Ditto's attack. Ditto quit the attack and watched Hitmontop. Hitmontop suddenly appeared in front of Ditto.

"Hitmontop use Headbutt" called out Nick. Ditto was sent flying into a nearby rock. Ditto was barely able to get its Hitmontop body up.

Hitmontop used Quick Attack. As Hitmontop went right for Ditto, Ditto was able to jump over Hitmontop. Then Ditto used High Jump Kick. Ditto's leg hit the back of Hitmontop's head really hard.

Hitmontop had to pull itself off the ground. Ditto tried Headbutt. Hitmontop barely dodged the Ditto's attack. Hitmontop used Horn Attack.

By using the little horn on its head, Hitmontop rammed into Ditto with the horn hitting Ditto in the mid-section.

Hitmontop used Headbutt next. Ditto hit the ground. Then as Ditto got up.. Hitmontop used Triple Kick. Hitmontop ran towards Ditto and then jumped up in the air, giving three hard hitting pounding kicks right to the head of the transformed Ditto.

Ditto was sent flying straight through a rock! Ditto deformed and was now back in its orginal form.

"Ditto is unable to battle. Hitmontop is the winner!" the referee declared.

"Great job Hitmontop! You did great!" Nick congratulated his first victory in this long battle.

Hitmontop seemed tired and was sweating a lot. Hitmontop decided to stay out there though.

Drake grabbed his next pokeball. He sent it out. A huge rock type pokemon came out.

"An ONIX! You ready for this one Hitmontop?" asked Nick.

"HITMONNNN TOP!"-<Lets GOOOO!> Nickís fighting pokemon yelled out.

Hitmontop got on its head and started to spin again.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:20 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 27- Make No Mistake, This Match is Mine!

Hitmontop spun for Onix. Onix got its long, big, rocky tail and swept it around Hitmontop. Hitmontop was captured! Onix had its tail wrapped around Hitmontop.
Hitmontop was getting squeezed like no other! Hitmontop was screaming out loud. Nick closed his eyes. He had no choice. He reached for Hitmontop's pokeball. Then he returned Hitmontop.

"Hitmontop is unable to battle" the referee declared, the score was tied.

Nick minimized Hitmontop's pokeball and clipped it back to its belt.

"Da*n it. Make no mistakes Nick" Nick whispered to himself. He knew he shouldnít of put Hitmontop against an Onix! There was one pokemon that could get the job done...

"Go Squirtle!" called out Nick.

His little blue turtle pokemon came out of its pokeball. Squirtle stared at Onix, ready for battle.

Squirtle started to Water Gun. Onix used its tail to block it. Squirtle then used Bubble.

Onix dodged it though by going under the battle floor. It was using DIG! It could come out just about anywhere. This wasnít good.

Squirtle looked all around. No where to be found!

"Squirtle the LEFT!" Nick yelled.

By the time Nick said that Onix had came out of the ground and hammered Squirtle. Squirtle was sent into a rock. Squirtle stood up. It seemed to be ok.

Onix used Iron Tail. As Onix's glowing tail came swooping towards Squirtle, Squirtle managed to jump over it and used Skull Bash. Squirtle's head hit Onix right in the head.

Onix sucked up the pain however and tried another Iron Tail. Its tail came towards Squirtle once again. To fast this time!

BAM!!!!!!! Squirtle was sent into the ground. Its head was stuck in the ground! Squirtle couldnt get it out. It wiggled and wiggled but no success.

"Aw man, this cant be. How embrassing" Nick said, putting his hand over his face.

Onix took this time to Slam. Onix's big huge rock body fell on Squirtle. Nick looked on, worried. Onix lifted its body up and Squirtle was laying on the ground. It looked injured pretty badly. The referee went to raise up its flag for Onix but then Squirtle started to get up.

"Way to keep fighting buddy!" Nick yelled to his partner.

Squirtle nodded and used Bubble. Onix managed to dodge it but moving its head but then Squirtle shot the Bubbles where Onix now was and it HIT! Onix screamed out.

Then Squirtle used Water Gun. Onix was inflecting much damage.

"Way to go buddy! Lets finish it, Skull Bash!" said Nick.

Squirtle quit using Water Gun and ran to pick up speed. Then it jumped, head first towards Onix. Squirtle's head met with Onix's head right on!

Squirtle landed back on the ground. Onix stood staring at Squirtle. Then it fell to the ground!

"Onix is unable to continue.. Squirtle is the winner!" the ref called out.

Nick jumped in the air.

"Your awesome Squirtle. Now lets try to get this next one as well!" Nick was already for the next opponent.

Drake heard Nick.

"Sorry Nick but this next one will be tough. I doubt you will be able to beat this one!" Drake smiled big.

---------------------------

ĖKCash-> Hope you have liked it so far! Here are the stats as far as the battle has gone...

Drake- Nick
Ditto lost to Hitmontop
Onix beat Hitmontop
Onix lost to Squirtle
??? v.s Squirtle
Old 03-05-2004, 12:20 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 27 continued...

"Electabuzz GO!" Drake yelled as his strong Electabuzz came out of his pokeball. Electabuzz started with Swift attack. Squirtle jumped away from the attack. Then it used Water Gun. The blast of water hit Electabuzz but did little damage.

Electabuzz used Thunderpunch. Its electrifying fist went flying at Squirtle. Squirtle jumped away from the attack once more and used Bubble. The attack missed Electabuzz and Electabuzz used Thunderbolt.

The awesome electric attack hit Squirtle. Squirtle was afflicting to much damage. The attack stopped. Squirtle laid on the ground fainted.

"Squirtle is unable to continue.. Electabuzz is the winner!" declared the ref.

Electabuzz stood tall, seeming like it was well rested and didnt take any damage from Squirtle.

"Just look at it. Thatís one strong Electabuzz. I'm trusting you, go do your stuff!" Nick yelled as he threw out his next pokemon in its pokeball.

Cyndaquil appeared. It fired up its flame on its back. It was ready to battle.

Cyndaquil started with Swift. Electabuzz took the hit and then fought back with Thundershock. The electric attack came towards Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil jumped away from it and used Flamethrower. The fire blast swallowed up Electabuzz.

Electabuzz was burnt up but that didnít keep it from going. Cyndaquil then used Swift. Electabuzz ran right through the attack and Tackled Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil flew into a rock.

The rock crumbled around Cyndaquil. Electabuzz started to approach. Suddenly Cyndaquil popped up from the small rocks and used Smokescreen. Black thick smoke filled the air.

Electabuzz couldnt see a thing. Cyndaquil took this opportunity to use Ember. The long line of fire hit Electabuzz directly. Then Cyndaquil appeared out of the smoke and used Quick Attack. Cyndaquil rammed into Electabuzz, sending it into the ground.

Electabuzz slowly got up. It then used Thunderbolt. Cyndaquil was hit! Cyndaquil had to withstand the pain.

"Cyndaquil.. Flamethrower!" Nick called out and Cyndaquil obeyed.

Cyndaquil's flamethrower went right threw Thunderbolt and burnt Electabuzz to a crisp.

"Electabuzz is unable to battle. Cyndaquil is the winner!" yelled the referee.

"Great job Cyndaquil, can you go anymore?" asked Nick.

"CYNDA!" <YEAH!> it said as it nodded yes.

"That was great Nick but lets see how you do against my Gengar!" Drake yelled to Nick as his purple ghost pokemon came out.

"Cyndaquil use Screech" ordered Nick, getting ready for this powerful pokemon.

Gengar didnít do anything. It was the only thing in the stadium that wasnít holding its ears.

Gengar used Lick. Its big tongue came towards Cyndaquil.

Cyndaquil jumped over Gengar and used Flamethrower. Cyndaquil's attack burnt Gengar pretty bad but no enough to stop it.

Gengar faced Cyndaquil and used Hypnosis!

"Dodge that attack or your done for!" Nick cried out.

Cyndaquil was hit to fast though! Cyndaquil was instantly on the ground...... asleep.

"Dang it!" he said to his self as he returned Cyndaquil.

"I'm proud of you, take a nice long rest" Nick finished saying to his pokemon in its pokeball.

"I came prepared for you though Drake. I have the one pokemon that can beat your Gengar" Nick yelled across the battle floor to the mighty Drake.

He threw out his pokeball to reveal TAUROS!

"I didnít know he switched out his pokemon for Tauros. He probably switched it out for Ditto" Shawn confronted as he sat next to Mrs. Dunbar up in the stands.

"Alright, if we want our attacks to work then you have to use... Foresight!" Nick yelled.

Drake gasped. Drake never thought Tauros could know such an attack.

Now Gengar was venerable to any physical attacks Tauros threw out at it.

Gengar didnít care. It tried Lick so Tauros could be paralyzed but Tauros charged towards Gengar and used Take Down. Gengar flew up in the air to dodge the attack. Then it came down and tried a Hypnosis. Tauros charged away from the attack and used Horn Attack on Gengar.. sending it into a nearby rock.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:21 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 28- Charge Towards Victory!

Gengar used Confuse Ray. A long beam hit Tauros. Nothing seemed to happen. Then Tauros started to stumble around and run into rocks.
"TAUROS! SNAP OUT OF IT!" Nick screamed.

Gengar used Lick. Its long tongue swept the face of Tauros. It started to shiver. It was paralyzed!

This meant trouble. Gengar suddenly made a black ball with purple lightening around it. Gengar sent it towards Tauros.

Tauros had no option but to watch it come at it. The blast hit Tauros. The whole battle floor glew white. After five seconds of the big blast, Nick could see what happened. Tauros was on the ground!

"Can you get up?! Tauros?? Get up!" Nick yelled.

Tauros struggled up. It dug its hooves into the ground to get a grip. Then it charged straight at Gengar. Gengar jumped on Tauros' head right before it was hit by Tauros and it jumped into the air.

There it charged up for the final blast. One more SHADOW BALL! Tauros turned around and knowing what attack Gengar was going to do.. it instantly threw up a Hyper Beam right for Gengar.

The two blast collided. The whole stadium went up in smoke. The referee ran out to the middle of the collision. He looked at both pokemons.

The smoke finally cleared. Nick couldnít tell who had won.

"Both pokemon are unable to continue.. this match-up is a DRAW!" the ref ordered.

Nick returned Tauros, as well as Drake returning Gengar.

"Thanks a lot Tauros. Without you I wouldnít of been able to beat that Gengar. I appreciate it" Nick thanked.

"Alright Nick. I'm going to turn it up a bit. No more fun' n' games. Now its serious" Drake yelled across to Nick.

He threw out his pokeball. A big grass type pokemon came out. It had a plant on its back.

"Thatís a Venusaur! Hmm.. Alright then, its up to you buddy" Nick said as he grabbed his last actual pokeball.

He had to beat Venusaur cause he needed Shadow to go up against Dragonite at full health if his plan was going to work.

Nick's Scizor came out and stared down Venusaur.

"BEGIN!" announced the ref..
Old 03-05-2004, 12:23 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter 28 continued...

Scizor started with Quick Attack. It went flying at high speeds towards Venusaur. But with one little Vine Whip.. Venusaur had Scizor all wrapped up.

Then Venusaur unwrapped its vines around Scizor really fast, making Scizor spin right towards a rock. There were now only four rocks left on the battle floor.

Scizor started to stand up as Venusaur used Leech Seed. A little brown seed fell on Scizor's head. Scizor didnt know what it was. Then vines sprouted out of it and wrapped around Scizor.

Scizor couldnt move. Then they started to suck energy right out of Scizor.

Scizor yelled.

"Scizor, FOCUS! Break out of them before they drain you dry!" Nick called out.

Scizor got its big claws and opened them up, cutting the vines up.

"Way to go Scizor. Metal Claw!" commanded Nick.

Scizor's claw started to glow as it flew towards Venusaur. Scizor threw its big claw at Venusaur, hitting it right on!

Venusaur groaned. It was very clear that it was well trained. Venusaur got itself back together and used Vine Whip. Its long vines came out of its back and went right for Scizor. Scizor flew up into the air and around rocks. Left, Right, Down, Up, Left. Scizor flew all around trying to escape its vines.

Then Scizor turned around and snatched the vines by pinching them with its big red claws. This hurt Venusaur so it started to bring back its vines. The vines were getting sucked right back into Venusaur.

"Once the vine runs out and you get close to Venusaur, use False Swipe!" Nick whispered to his pokemon.

Right when Scizor got up to Venusaur, it let go of the vines and swipped at Venusaur. A big red cut appeared on Venusaur. It groaned.

"Not enough! Scizor, Double Team!" Nick kept the attacks coming.

Scizor suddenly appeared to be eight Scizor's. Before, just a week ago it was only fast enough to do three of itself but now it could make eight.. completing a circle. All that speed training had really helped.

Venusaur was surrounded by Scizor's! It used Razor Leaf at one of the Scizor's.. no hit! It threw out some more Razor Leafs at two more Scizors.. no good!

Then it used Vine Whip.. it was going to use it to cancel out all the Scizor's. Scizor knew this so it flew right for Venusaur as it was going for its attack. As it flew right towards Venusaur, it sensed the attack so it shot two Razor Leafs at Scizor. Scizor used its claws to knock them away. Then it used Quick Attack.

It hit Venusaur right on.

Venusaur looked wore out. Scizor started towards Venusaur again. Venusaur releashed Sleep Powder from the plant on its back. The blue powder spread across the battle floor.

Scizor stopped in its tracks and turned around. It flapped its wings as fast as it could. The blue powder started to go right back at Venusaur.

The powder surrounded Venusaur. It very, extremely slowly.. fell asleep!

"Venusaur is unable to continue.. Scizor is the winner!" the referee yelled out.

"Awesome!" Nick screamed out.

This is great, now my plan will go into work. My two fastest pokemon are now still in. That means my plan with just Shadow now with Shadow AND with Scizor. Thatís great Nick thought to his self...