Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.


View Poll Results: Should Figgy's Lugia Be Released?
Yes 15 78.95%
No 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-18-2005, 02:48 AM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Release Figgy’s Lugia

Okay, I’ll be honest. I’ve wanted Lugia for a long time now in the URPG, but there was always the one evident fact that Figgy always had him. In fact, he’s had him not for months, but for years, longer than I’ve even been at the PE2K forum. Also, I don’t know how many times he’s ever used Lugia for a battle, but I know he’s been kept in that Pokéball for a mighty long time, longer than any of us could calculate.

I know many of you definitely respect Figgy for being a talented vet in the URPG and a long time member, but he’s been gone for ages. He came back to the new forum only to post 16 times back in October and then disappear again and have yet to return. I don’t know where he’s gone to, but it’s highly questionable if he will ever decide to come back once again.

I am aware that Figgy has been able to do what many of us couldn’t, and that was to defeat the Elite Four. Again, I recognize this accomplishment and I don’t want to sound like I’m robbing him of his prize for doing so, but again, it may be a very long time before someone is able to beat the Elite Four like Figgy did, only meaning that Lugia’s unavailability is going to be longer. I’m sure there are many people besides me who would like to have the ability to actually get to use Lugia in a battle for the URPG and have the privilege of owning him at least for a while.

My proposal is this: Yes, I did win the story contest and Lugia would definitely be my top pick if it were to be allowed. In the possible event that Figgy does return to PE2K and the URPG, I [Mark my words] would be more than happy to return Lugia to Figgy if he shows even the slightest bit of interest for wanting him back.

If this idea is simply turned down, I’d be more than happy to choose a different legendary and put this proposal aside. But for now, I think it would only be right to allow Lugia to be made available to everyone and anyone considering how long he’s been under Figgy’s inactive ownership.
__________________

  #2  
Old 02-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Caite-chan's Avatar
Caite-chan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: VPP: Kinklang! - 5,290
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

My understanding was that once you won something...you could pick what ever Legendary you wanted. So if Figgy has Lugia...you can take it from him...if he were to ever win something he could pick a new Legendary or he could take Lugia back from you.
__________________
  #3  
Old 02-18-2005, 03:20 AM
MystiKal's Avatar
MystiKal Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 6,140
Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

Yeah I'm pretty sure Shanes right on this one plus I havent seen Figgy in a battle in ages.
  #4  
Old 02-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Thanatos's Avatar
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 3,612
Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

I'll vote yes, so as not to deprive a fellow Lugia lover.

Just return it if he wants it.
__________________

Ryu Paladin


Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
  #5  
Old 02-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Phoenix004 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England, but I have a second home on Mars!
Posts: 1,169
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix004 Send a message via MSN to Phoenix004
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

I agree with you guys. Neo has earned the right to Lugia, and as far as we can tell the previous owner isn't coming back. If he does, then he can have it back if he still wants it.
__________________


"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
  #6  
Old 02-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Caite-chan's Avatar
Caite-chan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: VPP: Kinklang! - 5,290
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

I wouldn't matter if Figgy has been here or not...NP would still have rights to Lugia.
__________________
  #7  
Old 02-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Raddstealth316's Avatar
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,092
Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

I agree Neo. I know Figgy was a legend here but it looks like he won't be coming back, at least not on a permanent basis. So if Lugia is what you want and it is unavaliable in this manner, I think you should be allowed it. So I vote yes.
__________________

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)


~#Raddstealth316#~
  #8  
Old 02-18-2005, 02:34 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3,215
Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

I would say it's a matter of respect here.

Let me first start of with something I need to spit out of my mouth... Okay, Figgy's been at this thing for years already. Years. Longer than any of us from this board, most likely(Only exception I can think of is flare, but I'm not sure who joined first anyway). He's an oldie, in other words, and would still be a leader if he didn't resign(Not like he needed to, we should probably respect him for being responsible or something, and I'm not doing this to suck up or anything). I feel it's VERY unfair anybody's trying to take anything away from him, to repeat, it's a matter of respect.

Figgy won Lugia by defeating the Elite 4, like you all said. You simply wrote a story. If you wanted to take HIS legendary away, you would have to defeat him in an Elite 4 match, though we know he'll probably never come back, we also know most of you won't reach that mark. Writing stories is easy, getting people to vote for you is even easier. If you have a decent reputation in this forum, even if your story is worse than that of some other disliked people by a little, you'll probably still win. You win the same prizes, sure, but the challenge is way different. I, personally, feel an Elite 4 Champion should be respected way more than some Story Writing Champion, thus, being able to keep their legendary under different rules.

It doesn't matter if Figgy hasn't battled for ages. Or isn't going to battle anymore. Fair and Jack have won Story Competitions, yet they have not used their legendaries in battle before, as far back as I remember. So, why should somebody keeping a legendary Pokemon depend on whether he has battled with it or not?

To summarise everything, Figgy deserves respect, therefore whatever crap people cook up, he should be able to keep whatever he has. Respect him for who he is at least: Once a leader of the URPG.

I know I have tons of grammatical errors and unorganised crap up there, but it's probably because of the fact that it's 11.40pm here

Also, to most of the people who have post above: Quit sucking up. I don't think any of you would be posting that if it was some newbie with 50 posts starting this thread. As much as you all would object/rebel/scream/shout/blabber after I post this post, nobody should be denying I speak of facts.

Thank you for reading. Poof.
  #9  
Old 02-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
Stuff
Right, but I think we need to stop and realize that Figgy has had Lugia, not for just a few months, but for years. Raik, Figgy hasn't even posted his stats on the forum, I looked at all his past posts and I couldn't even find them. Plus, it's been months since he's last posted. Either he's too busy for the URPG or he's lost his interest.

But like I said, if he does return, I'd give Lugia back to him, but I think it's almost crazy to allow him to keep Lugia for another few years before this question could possibly come up once again. I'm sure Figgy himself probably doesn't even think he's still holding on to him.

And Raik, no one is kissing up. Contrary to your belief, everyone has a right to speak as much as you do. Just because people don’t agree with you 100% of the time doesn’t mean they immediately deserved to be outright flamed by you.

Apparently, it seems like Figgy is the only one you respect around here…
__________________

  #10  
Old 02-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Caite-chan's Avatar
Caite-chan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: VPP: Kinklang! - 5,290
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

It's always been like that Raik. Once you won something you could claim what ever one you wanted weither it's taken or not.
__________________
  #11  
Old 02-18-2005, 03:24 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3,215
Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captian Charisma: Version 3.5
It's always been like that Raik. Once you won something you could claim what ever one you wanted weither it's taken or not.
No, it hasn't. Try showing me one example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
Right, but I think we need to stop and realize that Figgy has had Lugia, not for just a few months, but for years. Raik, Figgy hasn't even posted his stats on the forum, I looked at all his past posts and I couldn't even find them. Plus, it's been months since he's last posted. Either he's too busy for the URPG or he's lost his interest.

But like I said, if he does return, I'd give Lugia back to him, but I think it's almost crazy to allow him to keep Lugia for another few years before this question could possibly come up once again. I'm sure Figgy himself probably doesn't even think he's still holding on to him.

And Raik, no one is kissing up. Contrary to your belief, everyone has a right to speak as much as you do. Just because people don’t agree with you 100% of the time doesn’t mean they immediately deserved to be outright flamed by you.

Apparently, it seems like Figgy is the only one you respect around here…
Yes, I realise he has Lugia for ever already. Oh, and he doesn't need to. He keeps track of his own stats. And so what if he does cheat(not that he would need to...sheesh)? He is the leader after all, he could like, ban all of you from the URPG right now, and nobody can do a darn about it unless flare miraculously pops up at the right time.

He has left the URPG. I know that. But to repeat... It's a matter of respect.

No point giving it back only when he returns. I mean, when you're gone, someone takes all your Pokemon and starts winning battles and keeping the money won, then when you return, the person returns all the borrowed mons but not the money. I know some of you will probably start disagreeing and stuff, but the fact is, most would feel disappointed, betrayed, whatever. It's just not right to take ANYBODY's things without permission, especially when he's gone.

...you should realise I haven't tried to stop anyone from posting anything, yeah? I'm just saying most of them suck up to you, and the fact is, they won't start saying "HEY, YOU KNOW WHAT? I SUCK UP TO NP!!", so it isn't that bloody obvious. Also, I haven't flamed anyone, unless you mean accusing people of sucking up, but of course, I haven't specified anybody, I just said most, so if you know you're innocent, you don't have to feel angry or anything.

I don't only respect Figgy, for heaven's sake. I respect others too, I just don't hang it by my mouth, I only say I respect Figgy because he's gone. If he was still around, people would start thinking I suck up or anything. I used to respect you, but I feel that respect slowly moving away. Pffft. Back on topic.
  #12  
Old 02-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Caite-chan's Avatar
Caite-chan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: VPP: Kinklang! - 5,290
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

Yes Raik it has...I remember some time ago when other people had legendarys. You can take what ever one you want even if someone else has it.

Quote:
-Legendaries-
These Pokémon can only be won through special contests, tournaments or defeating the Elite trainers. Only a few have been taken, everything else is available. No legendaries are permanent, but are well worth going for. Why? Bragging rights, of course.
Need I say more.
__________________

Last edited by Caite-chan; 02-18-2005 at 04:02 PM.
  #13  
Old 02-18-2005, 04:25 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3,215
Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captian Charisma: Version 3.5
Yes Raik it has...I remember some time ago when other people had legendarys. You can take what ever one you want even if someone else has it.



Need I say more.
Hello? Hello? I asked for examples, not some sentence you cooked up alongside with a quote from the README thread. I know it won't be permanent, but who knows, Figgy may come back one day and throw his Lugia at us. Pfft poof.
  #14  
Old 02-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Caite-chan's Avatar
Caite-chan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: VPP: Kinklang! - 5,290
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

There is no example because it's not common. I may be the Village Idiot but, I'm not stupid Raik I know what I am talk about.
__________________
  #15  
Old 02-18-2005, 04:39 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3,215
Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captian Charisma: Version 3.5
There is no example because it's not common. I may be the Village Idiot but, I'm not stupid Raik I know what I am talk about.
...
Just because it's not common doesn't mean there's no example(It's uncommon, but that also means there are still such cases, only few, yet you say you have absolutely no examples for me). Why don't you just say, you can't find an example, and have to cook up your own sentence to make yourself look smart.

Next, next, next, this kind of people isn't worth my time.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com