Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Pokemon RPG's Ľ Pokemon Ultra RPG Ľ General Ľ Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:54 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger
Default URPG Matters - Discussion

So, as the title says, there are few things Iíd like to discuss regarding the URPG.

First and foremost is the daycare center:

For those that visit there often, especially with the intro of D/P youíve probably noticed that quite a few of the Ďoldí Pokťmon no longer have any use of the lone MT that they are eligible to receive. This mean that instead of getting 2 BMs and 1 MT, many Pokťmon are now stuck with 2 BMs while that 1 MT is stuck there like a bad grade on your GPA.

So, my proposal is simple, allow the R,B,Y & G,S,C Pokťmon to now receive a third BM in place of the not need MT. Take Crobat for instance, the only remotely useful MTs it can learn are the following: Endure & Mimic

Meanwhile it can learn the following through BM: Zen Headbutt, Hypnosis, Nasty Plot, Curse & whirlwind. Now as is, you get two BMs and either endure, or Mimic; now, personally, I really donít think any of those benefit Crobat much, except, maybe Endure but, I havenít seen a Crobat with Flail so, unless you are trying a failing Toxic stall you really arenít going to use it much imo. Now if you were going to replace Endure with an extra BM, you now have quite a few more options open to you. I personally think allowing the specified mons the options of a third BM in place of their MT isnít all that bad and has some benefits to it.

Now before anybody says anything, yes, I am out for my own gain, now that Iíve seen the BMs some of my mons can learn versus their poor selection of MTs. That isnít to say however that it doesnít have at least a little bit of merit, as I think it does and I also think that is a good option that many battlers will be able to take advantage of, I mean look at it, everytime someone puts a mon in the daycare its for a BM, now of course BMs out number MTs 2 Ė 1 (Duh) but, it seems to me a lot of people donít bother with the MTs unless itís a R,S,E or D,P mon.

So, I hope you all will consider this.

Second issue, is 0hkos. I know that they have been outlawed (For the most part) and Iím a strong supporter of that, but, I think that they have to be banned completely, over the past few days Iíve seen quite a few 0hkos and I personally loathe them and I donít think they benefit the URPG in anyway possible.

Those that do them donít learn any strategy in using their basics, they ruin their record, and of course the winner of these 0hkos gets literally free money. I mean, exactly how hard is it to you have your Tyranitar EQ a Pichu?
If its that hard to type then by all means Iíll ref your freakin 0hkoís but, to do it just so you can have your Raichu, Gallade or Lucario (Random mons) ain five minutes without any work or effort is wrong and isnít fair to everybody else that put effort into acquiring their team. Further more if you are going to limit story deals to avoid an influx of powerful mons into the URPG you should cut off 0hko battles, as imo it is doing they same thing.

Now, 0hkos have been banned (for the most) that doesnít mean they have been banned outright, from my understanding people arenít subjected to anything as long as they donít fight more than two battles with the same Pokťmon, all that means is the person is left to go find another opponent and another ref to finish the job and to be frank, from what Iíve seen some refs are reffing the full 5 or 7 battles at once. But as long as they keep it to a minimum and donít ref to many everybody gets a general warning.

This has been brought up a few times and I believe once it was completely banned but, as Iíve said from what Iíve seen they are appearing more and more often but, hey, Iíll be the first to admit I havenít been as active as I usually have so, it might just be me.

If thatís the case then by all means Iíll be happy to hear it, otherwise I hope they are banned completely.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 PM
umbreonandespeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to umbreonandespeon Send a message via MSN to umbreonandespeon Send a message via Yahoo to umbreonandespeon
Default Re: URPG Matters - Discussion

2nd- i know it's been banned, but it should be allowed once or twice, being as the succes rate of it hitting is very low.

(anyways, i support your comments ST)
Rampardos pwns (16:33:31): i r older than you :P
Volcanflame (16:33:35): ooo wat a coincidence
Rampardos pwns (16:33:35): and samrter
Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Yes to third BM. No to banning OHKO Battles.

My two cents.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Fossil Fusion Offline
Ride On

Send a message via AIM to Fossil Fusion

I totally agree on the OHKOs. They suck, it shows people are too lazy to evolve them. But like me or Megumi who have quite a few basic Pokemon take our time to level them up every now and again. Many people have Basics to train so OHKOs are not need imo.

With the BMs. A 3rd BM would benefit a Pokemon alot. Crobat gets Mimic by TM anyways since it's allowed to be taught to it. Since the DP TMs have come out not many moves are used as Move Tutors anymore since they are now TMs. But some MTs are still useful like Thunder Punch on Ludi etc... I would agree on having a 3rd BM instead of the MT. This is all I have to say.

:)
Old 08-14-2007, 08:12 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Hell no to 3rd BM, and no to banning OHKOs.

There's a reason that the cap on BMs was put at two- so people have to strategize and choose carefully, instead of using huge amounts of money to just buy every possibility and use that to win. BMs are often VERY good moves, far better than move tutor ones. That's why only 2 are allowed. The more you allow... =\ Two is a good number, and has worked well. I believe it shouldn't be changed. Sure, move tutor moves are rarely seen on ANY Pokemon, but so what? They're not quite the same moves as BMs anyway, and so a change in the rules or use of tutor moves should not effect Birth Moves.

Hell, why not just allow them to get all the BMs, if you are going to do that?

Second, as to OHKOs... Pesronally, I think they're stupid, and people should use basics. However, having 1-2 doesn't seem like a really bad thing to me. =\ Yes, in excess, they are stupid and free money, but if you're 2 battles from having your 1st stage evolve, I can see why you'd want to get 'em done quickly. Why not limit the number a ref can ref in a certain amount of time? Or the number that a member may do? Hell, we limit story deals, so why not OHKOs? Stick a number limit on it.

I sometimes end up with 10 basics or more in a month. I raise most of them through basic battles... Thus why I have so many left. x_x Once in a while, yes, I will have 1-2 OHKOs done so I can finish raising something. I don't think that's a terrible thing. I do very few of them, after all.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon

The BM thing is a bit tricky look at the DP mons they get no tutored moves so would they get the option of 3 BM's why is three the magic number now. How about 4? Some of the older Pokemon get good MT moves. Sandlsash, Raticate, Scyther, and Pichu learn Counter for one. I dunno about it.

However, how about we make it so you can choose any BM or MT move but no more than three on a single Pokemon. We could always change it back if more MT moves come out or possible increase the number by 1. Don't know why 4 just seems good 2 BM's 2 MT's However, with the amount of MT's that is unrealistic atm. 2 visits equally as well per Pokemon.

As for the OHKO, I don't do those. So I don't want to see em really. Maybe if the winnings was set to $250 for the ref and all participants then maybe it would be okay to allow them.
Nonetheless, It is not honorable to do them on purpose to level up a Pokemon. Thus, I wouldn't do them.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:32 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
The BM thing is a bit tricky look at the DP mons they get no tutored moves so would they get the option of 3 BM's why is three the magic number now. How about 4? Some of the older Pokemon get good MT moves. Sandlsash, Raticate, Scyther, and Pichu learn Counter for one. I dunno about it.

Counter is a R,B,Y TM

However, how about we make it so you can choose any BM or MT move but no more than three on a single Pokemon. We could always change it back if more MT moves come out or possible increase the number by 1. Don't know why 4 just seems good 2 BM's 2 MT's However, with the amount of MT's that is unrealistic atm. 2 visits equally as well per Pokemon.

Well, orginally it was only BMs but, Mike asked that MTs be also be sold and that's where the lone MT came in.

As for the OHKO, I don't do those. So I don't want to see em really. Maybe if the winnings was set to $250 for the ref and all participants then maybe it would be okay to allow them.
Nonetheless, It is not honorable to do them on purpose to level up a Pokemon. Thus, I wouldn't do them.
They shouldn't be allowed period imo

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref

Last edited by SiberianTiger; 08-14-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Corn Offline
Banned

I suggest a move deleter or let Pokemon learn as many special moves as they want. I prefer the latter.

For the OHKO's, make the minimum 2 vs 2, that's what I always do when I'm training Pokemon. I use one of my fully evolved Pokemon and the one that needs training (not neccesarily in that order). But when people just start out, they can't do 2 VS. 2, so that's an issue. Let them do 1 VS. 1 until they get a second Pokemon.

Last edited by Corn; 08-14-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:41 PM
LS Offline

Well.. If a 3rd BM is needed then Metagross which cant learn any breeding moves only MT moves should be able to learn 2 not 1 :l.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreonandespeon View Post
2nd- i know it's been banned, but it should be allowed once or twice, being as the succes rate of it hitting is very low.

(anyways, i support your comments ST)
Your ignorance never fails to amaze me. He means a battle where a fully evolved pokemon(E.G. Tyranitar) uses a move to KO it's lower stage opponent(E.G. Pichu) in a single move. This is done on purpose to increase the trainers money and to quickly evolve pokemon without effort or time being spent. It's ridiculous. >_> I refuse to ref them already.

The MT/BM thing I have no comment on. I don't care. It plays little role in my URPGing life.

As for OHKO battles, I agree 98 percent. Ban them all, with the exception to the following pokemon:Magikarp, Feebas, Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon, and Cascoon. I think that's for obvious reasons. =P
Old 08-14-2007, 08:46 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Slayer View Post
Well.. If a 3rd BM is needed then Metagross which cant learn any breeding moves only MT moves should be able to learn 2 not 1 :l.
=p Agreed. LS has a point there.

Why not just say 2 moves total, either Egg OR tutor, and let people decide from there?

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Subside Offline

Send a message via AIM to Subside Send a message via MSN to Subside

I agree with both.

As a ref I find OHKO's THE most boring battles to ref. I agree with Corn, make the minimum 2v2 or just stick to basic vs basic (even though thats still one sided with a type advantage, that seems to be my downfall with basic battles .__.) But still, I would prefer them to be outlawed altogether.

As for BM I again agree with Corn, a move deleter would be an ideal soulution, but having them learn as many as possible would be much easier, theres no limit on TM's, why have them on Egg Moves :P. In the game you could teach a mon 4 breeding moves if you wanted too, so, why not here? :P
Old 08-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Agree with 3rd BMs. An idea would just be 3 special moves, and it's up to you how you fill them in. 3 BMs, 3 MTs, 2 BMs and 1 MT, or 1 MT and 2 BMs.

@ FFK: Yes, there was a reason for picking 2 BMs, but that reason was made invalid with the arrival of DP.

No to banning ohko's. First of all it's way to difficult to find others who have non-evo's as well and I seriously can't be arsed to do 7 or 10 battles with those freaking babies all the time. I do it from time to time, but sometimes getting them OHKO'ed is way easier.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 08-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

I agree with ST on the BM thing. Id like my mons to get a couple more BMs, mainly Crobat, and Charizard.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 08-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

I agree with the three BM thing.

About OHKOs, I really don't care just as long as I know what the final decision is. :s

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time