Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:43 AM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon
Default Re: URPG Matters - Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
They shouldn't be allowed period imo

~Isaiah

Oh, I believe accidental OHKO battles should still be allowed. As for any other OHKO battles nope. Even a Magikarp and Kakuna can last more than one round.

As for the Pokemon I mentioned. Some can learn the MT Counter as BM moves. However, two of them cannot they only learn it as a MT move. None of them can learn it as the RBY TM.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:19 PM
ball Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to ball Send a message via MSN to ball

For the BM rule, yes, I partially agree, it would be good to have 3 BM's on your Crobat or an another rby mon. However, first there were only 2 BM's per mon, and no MT's, and it took a long while and many threads on the trainer's court before they were allowed. Still, I would like to suggest that a MT move(or BM move) could be substituted for a purifying/box/event or whatnot move(like wish on hypno).

On the ohko's I refuse to ref them, and so do nearly every ref. They don't really happen that much lately, if one or two persons suddenly do it to evolve one or two mons, that doesn't mean its out of control. Sometimes they are needed,like people with 10 basics piling up cant just battle with them all in 2vs2's, they will never evolve all of them that way. I haven't seen any problems with ohkos for many months now, and as long as the refs just refuse to ref them unless given a good reason, they should be allowed.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:19 PM
The_Kitsune Offline
Master Trainer

Talking Re: URPG Matters - Discussion

Vote yes to issue 1
No to issue 2

Profanity
take that society

Banner sponcered by Shiny Loser. We teh pwn!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ball View Post
For the BM rule, yes, I partially agree, it would be good to have 3 BM's on your Crobat or an another rby mon. However, first there were only 2 BM's per mon, and no MT's, and it took a long while and many threads on the trainer's court before they were allowed. Still, I would like to suggest that a MT move(or BM move) could be substituted for a purifying/box/event or whatnot move(like wish on hypno).

On the ohko's I refuse to ref them, and so do nearly every ref. They don't really happen that much lately, if one or two persons suddenly do it to evolve one or two mons, that doesn't mean its out of control. Sometimes they are needed,like people with 10 basics piling up cant just battle with them all in 2vs2's, they will never evolve all of them that way. I haven't seen any problems with ohkos for many months now, and as long as the refs just refuse to ref them unless given a good reason, they should be allowed.
When I had 30 basics, I still only did 10 OHKOs. And not on one 'mon, spread out between the five I wanted most to evolve quicker.
I believe OHKOs should be allowed, but with a limit. I mean, come on, basics battles are fun, but for 30 Pokemon, assuming 20 are 2 stages and 10 are 1 stages, that means 270 battles to evolve them all! That's not a matter of being too 'lazy' to do proper basics battles, it's a matter of doing it the 'right way' taking months!

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
I agree with the option of being able to get at least one Box move on a Pokemon. It sounds more appealing than having one more BM, to be honest.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

A Box/Purification / NYPC instead of doing the BM to MT sound better than all the rest kudos ball you do it again.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:58 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
When I had 30 basics, I still only did 10 OHKOs. And not on one 'mon, spread out between the five I wanted most to evolve quicker.
I believe OHKOs should be allowed, but with a limit. I mean, come on, basics battles are fun, but for 30 Pokemon, assuming 20 are 2 stages and 10 are 1 stages, that means 270 battles to evolve them all! That's not a matter of being too 'lazy' to do proper basics battles, it's a matter of doing it the 'right way' taking months!
Actually that sounds more like a matter of writing like crazy and then realizing, omg I got 30 mons to evolve.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref

Last edited by SiberianTiger; 08-16-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

It seems like everyone is in agreeance with 3 MT/BM's of your choice. So, I'll go ahead and change that. I did add a BM/MT delete option a while back, and you can replace it with another move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
As for the OHKO, I don't do those. So I don't want to see em really. Maybe if the winnings was set to $250 for the ref and all participants then maybe it would be okay to allow them.
Nonetheless, It is not honorable to do them on purpose to level up a Pokemon. Thus, I wouldn't do them.
We could half winnings/wages for any OHKO battles.
Quote:
Exactly. No Ref has to ref OHKO battles. But sometimes, they are necessary and justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
I agree with the option of being able to get at least one Box move on a Pokemon. It sounds more appealing than having one more BM, to be honest.
A what?

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
The Crimson Rose Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Crimson Rose

I agree totally with what Jack is saying.

Only thing I disagree with is Megumi's Box Move idea. I feel that pokemon can learn like a billion moves already, and that box move could be a little hard for at least me to find. I guess it could go through, but I just don't know. Baby Moves are fine.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:14 PM
ball Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to ball Send a message via MSN to ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post

A what?

~Jack~
Moves that can only be gotten in pokemon box/nintendo promotions, or by purifying or whatnot, some mons need the move, and I wouldn't see any harm if it could be counted in in the MT/BM slot.

Last edited by ball; 08-20-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Box and NYPC moves are basically like Tutor moves, but they are a bit more exclusive.

Ball beat me to it. :x
Old 08-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

box and purification moves are easy to find if you head to www.psypokes.com. Go to the psydex. Then go to the move tutor section and click. After that type in any basic Pokemon. If they have a Box/NYPC/XD move it will pop up.

However, for a quick version here it is Psydex MT. Just click it will lead you to a Pokemon with 2 NYPC moves. Type in any basic POkemon. Then the dex will show a list scroll down to see if they have a Box/NYPC/XD move.

Last edited by Rpgraccoon; 08-20-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:09 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

I'd say no to 3 BM, but a choice of 3 between MTs and BMs. And I'd like to see the special moves too, I hate seeing my scyther has nothing to heal himself, unless you count rest or Morning Sun, which is a purification (don't remember which Colosseum) move

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.