Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Rpgraccoon's Avatar
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 663
Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon
Default Fight with Your Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
The wildcard system is indeed flaud, but it only exists because you members have been nagging about it for years. OMG, I want Dragonite in my water gym, Houndoom in my ghost gym, Porygon in my electric gym, Gengar in my flying gym ... eventually something snaps and we give in, which leads to very odd wildcards being seen nowadays.

In my opinion, if you truly are a leader with dignity, why do you even bother with Pokemon that are not your type? There are a lot of Pokemon that learn Fire moves or breed with Fire Pokemon and would make a nice addition to my Cinnabar squad. But my gym is a Fire Gym, so I'm using Fire Pokemon only. I don't even want any other type in my gym.
I have to agree with LA on this. A real gym leader doesn't need these Wild Cards. I was already, 2 weeks before the discussion of removing my wild card on the forums, considering removing my wild card from my gyms team due to balance issues. However, I was not 100% till LA's speech. Then I removed Mismagius with pride. I then attempted to fix the system and found that there could be a way but it was quite complicated. in the end it still allowed for strange wild cards. So IMOP I say we remove it completely. A real leader does not have to have another type in there gym even though it can breed with/ lives in the same enviroment.

If I used the same logic as the current system I could get a Dusknoir in the gym as its habitat is the forest or a Nidoking as its habitat is the grass-land and it can breed with many different grass Pokemon. Neither of which I care to have anymore. As a final note to my argument the use of Houndoom in a ghost gym is no longer necessary there are now plenty of Pokemon of every type.

I am going to be the first to say we should remove this rule.

4.) When selecting an open Gym, choose fully evolved Pokémon based on the Gym type (Vermillion City is Electric so Raichu would be a choice.) You are allowed only one Pokémon that isn’t the Gym’s type (like Dewgong for Mahogany since it lives in the arctic. Or Houndoom for Ecruteak since there aren't that many Ghost types.) Legendary Pokemon aren't allowed as Gym Pokemon.
__________________
| VPP | URPG |
  #2  
Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 PM
FireflyK's Avatar
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 4,290
Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
I have to agree with LA on this. A real gym leader doesn't need these Wild Cards. I was already, 2 weeks before the discussion of removing my wild card on the forums, considering removing my wild card from my gyms team due to balance issues. However, I was not 100% till LA's speech. Then I removed Mismagius with pride. I then attempted to fix the system and found that there could be a way but it was quite complicated. in the end it still allowed for strange wild cards. So IMOP I say we remove it completely. A real leader does not have to have another type in there gym even though it can breed with/ lives in the same enviroment.

If I used the same logic as the current system I could get a Dusknoir in the gym as its habitat is the forest or a Nidoking as its habitat is the grass-land and it can breed with many different grass Pokemon. Neither of which I care to have anymore. As a final note to my argument the use of Houndoom in a ghost gym is no longer necessary there are now plenty of Pokemon of every type.

I am going to be the first to say we should remove this rule.

4.) When selecting an open Gym, choose fully evolved Pokémon based on the Gym type (Vermillion City is Electric so Raichu would be a choice.) You are allowed only one Pokémon that isn’t the Gym’s type (like Dewgong for Mahogany since it lives in the arctic. Or Houndoom for Ecruteak since there aren't that many Ghost types.) Legendary Pokemon aren't allowed as Gym Pokemon.
Agreed. I don't have a wildcard, and I'm in the ice gym! There are a very limited number of ice types. 10 'mon are allowed... And there are exactly (Fully evoed) 11 ice types. If I don't use Delibird, which suck, then I don't get spare choices for my gym. However, how many gym battles are 10v10s?! The 10 'mon aren't gonna be hugely varied, but that doesn't matter, because most gym battles are 5v5 or less, and with 11 choices, or even just 10, that's still PLENTY to have variety.

Wild cards suck. If you want to use lots of types, not just one, go become an orange islands leader, or an E4 member. Gyms shouldn't have wildcards. ^^:
__________________

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.



I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
  #3  
Old 08-14-2007, 09:05 PM
King Zark's Avatar
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The chair front of my PC.
Posts: 2,256
Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

I agree to. Thee are plenty of ghost pokemon:

Gengar
Dusknoir
Banette
Mismagius
Drifblim(high hp)
Spiritomb
Froslass

That's seven with good stats or better and most gyms do 3v3 or 4v4 so really houndoom isn't needed. In GBA version rules, four moves make Shedninja is good too.

serebii.net/pokedex-dp/(Pokemon type here).shtml

Gives you a huge list so no need for non-type pokemon.
  #4  
Old 08-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Subside's Avatar
Subside Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: England :o
Posts: 2,560
Send a message via AIM to Subside Send a message via MSN to Subside
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
I have to agree with LA on this. A real gym leader doesn't need these Wild Cards. I was already, 2 weeks before the discussion of removing my wild card on the forums, considering removing my wild card from my gyms team due to balance issues. However, I was not 100% till LA's speech. Then I removed Mismagius with pride. I then attempted to fix the system and found that there could be a way but it was quite complicated. in the end it still allowed for strange wild cards. So IMOP I say we remove it completely. A real leader does not have to have another type in there gym even though it can breed with/ lives in the same enviroment.
@ Bolded part: Yet you continued to justify why Mismagius should be in your gym ages after Mike's post, hello irony.

The Wildcards we have actually fit in the gyms so I don't see why they should be removed. Your logic to get Mismagius in your gym was rather ridiculous which was why so many people protested it :\
__________________
  #5  
Old 08-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Rpgraccoon's Avatar
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 663
Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

This is not only for Mismagius this is for all Wild Cards. They do not Make since unless you have a system in place that can anyone can process logically Mismagius fits with your system. She lives in the Eterna Forest. I was planning on her removal anyways Yami. Thus, your point is moot. I was fighting cause I enjoyed the debate

Habitat is not a logical resource. Go by habitat and you get who knows what in a gym.
Habitat: Cave: Ghost Type: Sableye can go into a Fighting gym. ( Due to most fighting Pokemon living in Caves )
Habitat: Forest Ghost Types: Dusknoir can go into a Grass Gym
Habitat: Ocean: Grass Type: Craidly Plant in a Water gm

This is the only guide line in the system besides if there is not enough of a type.

Tons of water Pokemon exist so why is Dragonite needed in a water gym anymore? Plus, there are tons of the other Pokemon types.

Plus, this why on earth was Tyranitar not approved for the ground gym? Under this system he makes more since to me than most of the current Wild Cards.

I removed her of free will I made my decision prior to all the ho hum.

Either Way, I am past that discussion. The reasons I feel were valid and I am not here to discuss that.
__________________
| VPP | URPG |

Last edited by Rpgraccoon; 08-15-2007 at 12:16 AM.
  #6  
Old 08-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Rohypnol's Avatar
Rohypnol Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,261
Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

What about me? I've got a Dragon Gym where 5/6 of all Dragons are x4 weak against Ice. I'd kind of like to keep Charizard in my gym. =/
__________________

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
  #7  
Old 08-15-2007, 12:29 AM
SiberianTiger's Avatar
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Unlike you, the real world
Posts: 6,661
Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamenceMaster View Post
What about me? I've got a Dragon Gym where 5/6 of all Dragons are x4 weak against Ice. I'd kind of like to keep Charizard in my gym. =/
Should have gone for a normal types which > All types (Except Fire). I don't want Mike killing me :|

~Isaiah
__________________


URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
  #8  
Old 08-15-2007, 01:35 AM
FireflyK's Avatar
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 4,290
Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamenceMaster View Post
What about me? I've got a Dragon Gym where 5/6 of all Dragons are x4 weak against Ice. I'd kind of like to keep Charizard in my gym. =/
I've got an ice gym. There are 11 ice pokemon, one sucks. That leaves me 10 exactly, so I don't get extra choices. Also, out of those, all but 2 are weak to fighting, and some of them are x4 weak to fighting.

You'll just have to learn how to deal with the type weakness, I'm afraid. ^^; That's parta having a gym.




Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
Should have gone for a normal types which > All types (Except Fire). I don't want Mike killing me :|

~Isaiah
He won't kill me, so I can say it. ;p

For a gym, normal is the uberest, because of the varied move pool, and the single weakness (Fighting) which can be overcome by chosing half-normals that are good against fighting, such as some flying 'mon, and Girafarig.
__________________

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.



I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
  #9  
Old 08-15-2007, 02:35 AM
All-Star's Avatar
All-Star Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,941
Send a message via AIM to All-Star Send a message via Yahoo to All-Star
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

Quote:
You'll just have to learn how to deal with the type weakness, I'm afraid. ^^; That's parta having a gym.
Or how about we just leave the topic alone? Everything is fine the way it is. I don't even so why people are so worried about it.

God. Just don't give in. All you have to do is yell at someone and they'll stop. Make consequences, do something. I'd like to be creative with my gym. :/

Having a Charizard in a dragon gym, or a Houndoom in a ghost gym doesn't even really make that much of a difference in what the outcome could be. I know me trying to get Gengar and Dusknoir (stupid) into my gym was a bit much, but you see that I left you alone.

IMO, this is just another topic for someone to complain in.
__________________

|URPG|

  #10  
Old 08-15-2007, 02:41 AM
FireflyK's Avatar
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 4,290
Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
Or how about we just leave the topic alone? Everything is fine the way it is. I don't even so why people are so worried about it.

God. Just don't give in. All you have to do is yell at someone and they'll stop. Make consequences, do something. I'd like to be creative with my gym. :/

Having a Charizard in a dragon gym, or a Houndoom in a ghost gym doesn't even really make that much of a difference in what the outcome could be. I know me trying to get Gengar and Dusknoir (stupid) into my gym was a bit much, but you see that I left you alone.

IMO, this is just another topic for someone to complain in.

Wildcards don't belong in gyms. You wanna use lots of types? Fine, then take a thing that allows that, like Orange ISland gyms (Some of 'em).

Gyms are MEANT to be one type. Why have a 'fire gym', 'water gym', etc, if they don't use those types of Pokemon? ^_~ IMHO, the only reason you want a wildcard is because your type would be hard to defend without one. So, essentially, you want to make it less like what it's expected to be, in order to have an easier time of winning. That's unfair and kind of silly. =\ If you don't like the type in your gym, why keep the gym?
__________________

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.



I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
  #11  
Old 08-15-2007, 03:05 AM
Rpgraccoon's Avatar
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 663
Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

Not a problem at all for you then Salemance Master use Kingdra. No weakness except x2 Dragon.

However, if the system is fine why can ETR not get a Tyranitar in his gym? Odd I am not fighting for myself. -shakes head- Guess I really did give up on my Wild Card.

They system is a structure with no legs to stand on. It has two requirements one which is no longer valid.

If there is not enough Pokemon of the type.

And another which is well, silly as you can search on



And find tons of Wild Cards by habitat that make no since like Craidly in the sea or lets see what I can dig up oh Moutain: Magmar to the Fighting gym with Machamp.

Truthfully, if you keep the system it needs to be revamped & you should at least add the following.

All Pokemon in the gym should naturally learn at least one move of the gym's type by level up.

Plus, they should be able to learn the gym TM & at least two other TM's of the type. ( HM's do not qualify nor does Hidden Power or other TM's of that sort )

That is just my little idea on it. idk if you want to do that or not. I ain't complaining about it I just wanted to gauge opinion.
__________________
| VPP | URPG |
  #12  
Old 08-15-2007, 03:14 AM
FireflyK's Avatar
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 4,290
Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

And what would an ice gym get? What the hell is like an ice type?
__________________

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.



I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
  #13  
Old 08-15-2007, 04:02 AM
Eraizaa-kun's Avatar
Eraizaa-kun Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere where there's cake...
Posts: 2,532
Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

...hmm...there are gyms on the anime that do have wild cards (Viridean gym's Machamp; Goldenrod's Nidorina), so, Personaly, I don't see what's wrong with wild cards on the URPG.
  #14  
Old 08-15-2007, 05:14 AM
Leman's Avatar
Leman Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: You have one guess
Posts: 8,639
Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
And what would an ice gym get? What the hell is like an ice type?
They get Ice types because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK
Wildcards don't belong in gyms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraizaa-kun View Post
...hmm...there are gyms on the anime that do have wild cards (Viridean gym's Machamp; Goldenrod's Nidorina), so, Personaly, I don't see what's wrong with wild cards on the URPG.
In the Anime, Viridian had no type, so anything goes there.
__________________
My VPP

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)


  #15  
Old 08-15-2007, 11:02 AM
DaRkUmBrEoN's Avatar
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Holland
Posts: 7,874
Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
They system is a structure with no legs to stand on. It has two requirements one which is no longer valid.

If there is not enough Pokemon of the type.

And another which is well, silly as you can search on



And find tons of Wild Cards by habitat that make no since like Craidly in the sea or lets see what I can dig up oh Moutain: Magmar to the Fighting gym with Machamp.
First and far most, I say to hell with habitat. Mainly because ingame habitat =/= anime habitat. I'm sure Rattata lives near Pewter and Viridian, but there's no way that I'm going to allow them in a rock or ground gym. I mean, even if they learn ground moves, live near rocky or open environments, it's still the most far fetched Pokémon to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
Truthfully, if you keep the system it needs to be revamped & you should at least add the following.

All Pokemon in the gym should naturally learn at least one move of the gym's type by level up.

Plus, they should be able to learn the gym TM & at least two other TM's of the type. ( HM's do not qualify nor does Hidden Power or other TM's of that sort )

That is just my little idea on it. idk if you want to do that or not. I ain't complaining about it I just wanted to gauge opinion.
Ok, so let's get back to Mismagius. According to what I heard it can learn a grass move by level up or something. It can learn the gym TM if you choose it well, and dunno, but I assume it can learn 2 other TMs. Now, as a Grass Gymleader myself, I'd seriously tell you to piss off if you even hinted that to me. I take pride in my all grass team. I don't even want no other types, cause the main beauty of my gym is that they're not mono-types. I can take Cradily to annoy Fire mons, take Ludi to slow down Ice mons, and so on.

Now while a gym (leader) doesn't really need a wild card, totally disabling it would render all the following gyms bland to no amusement. If every Psychic gym leader from now on used only true Psychic Pokémon, they sure would only keep using the strongest in the arsenal in their 4vs4 matches. It's only obvious. Though, if they were allowed a decent and credible wild card, they could tweak their strategy to a personal preference.

Like me, who likes to annoy my opponents and inflict status effects on them. If there was a really closely related Pokémon, and by that I don't mean Mismagius' closeness, I would prolly ask my League Organizer if I could use it. But, the usage of Grass mons are various, shown by Brad and me. He used his team in such a different way than I use mine, so a Grass gym hardly needs a wild card. Same goes for a Fire Gym, I suppose, as Mike has.

I say, let's leave it to the LO's discretion.

-]DU[-
__________________

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com