Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol
Default Re: Fight with Your Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
Not a problem at all for you then Salemance Master use Kingdra. No weakness except x2 Dragon.
It's not likely that Kingdra will be able to sweep against a decent URPGer. -.-

I'd have nothing left after Kingdra except mon x4 weak to Ice.

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 08-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post

I say, let's leave it to the LO's discretion.

-]DU[-

That could be alright but that still leaves odd wildcards with out a system in place.

Plus, Missy worked with my game at first. However, I tweaked it and tweaked it. Soon enough I found ways around it and studied her move set further. She was no longer needed. Thus, I cut her. Then all the hububb arrived. It made me want to keep her in even if it was just for two week in spite . I didn't because of LAs speech. However, a grass Pokemon Craidly in a water gym draws the line IMOP. It has no water moves there are tons of water Pokemon. Plus, if this occurs couldn't Cacturn be in a Rock or Ground gym? Many other gyms do not anymore either. The current system is just an archaic house of cards in which you rely on two foundation ( Habitat and amount of Pokemon in the game ) and and one person.

That is why I think removal is best. Revamping is possible. However, removal is best.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:45 AM
All-Star Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to All-Star Send a message via Yahoo to All-Star

Quote:
Gyms are MEANT to be one type. Why have a 'fire gym', 'water gym', etc, if they don't use those types of Pokemon? ^_~ IMHO, the only reason you want a wildcard is because your type would be hard to defend without one. So, essentially, you want to make it less like what it's expected to be, in order to have an easier time of winning. That's unfair and kind of silly. =\ If you don't like the type in your gym, why keep the gym?
Unfair and kind've silly? Just because we want to be able to keep our gyms from being as weak by adding a SIMILIAR type Pokemon isn't unfair, nor is it silly.

Why did I get the flying gym? Because I missed the chances or failed the chances to get what I wanted. Plus I can go without a wild card. I'm just complaining for the other gym leaders.

This is really a topic that should be left alone. Just organize a team to move around the wild card and win. Say NO to crazy wild cards, and call it a day.

|URPG|

Old 08-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
Unfair and kind've silly? Just because we want to be able to keep our gyms from being as weak by adding a SIMILIAR type Pokemon isn't unfair, nor is it silly.

Why did I get the flying gym? Because I missed the chances or failed the chances to get what I wanted. Plus I can go without a wild card. I'm just complaining for the other gym leaders.

This is really a topic that should be left alone. Just organize a team to move around the wild card and win. Say NO to crazy wild cards, and call it a day.
That's the problem, though, Chase. Who decides what a crazy wild card is? That's the only problem with the "wild card" system. =\
Old 08-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
That's the problem, though, Chase. Who decides what a crazy wild card is? That's the only problem with the "wild card" system. =\
No one knows. As of now the LO and they have only two things to go on Habitat and the number of Pokemon type there is. It should be revamped or deleted.

My Wild Card System.

1.) Habitat: Check habitat in the pokedex not in game
2.) Breeds with Gyms Mons directly
3.) Learns Gym TM
4.) Learns a Move of the Gyms Type by Level Up
5.) Learns 2 TM Moves of Gym Type
6.) LO Approval

Special No Double Dipping Aka the TM and Gym TM can not be listed twice. No HMs to qualify and HP and other TMs that change type do not count.

Here is Grass Type Wild Cards that could get approved with little to no problems. Under this more restricted system.

Venomoth
1.) Habitat: Forest
2.) Parasect, Wormdam
3.) Energy Ball
4.) Stun Spore, Sleep Powder
5.) Giga Drain, Solar Beam
6.) Pends Approval

Other: Fits into the gym easily can also confuse and inflict poision.

Alone Habitat does nothing anymore to help determine a wild card. Plus, the number of Pokemon is useless. This system can work if tweaked till it runs smoothly.

The problem I have with this is moves like rest. However, those Pokemon tend to not be able to learn many other TM's so they then to fail one of the other spots. Hopefully step 6 will squash any remaining problems. This may work.

However, I truthfully believe removal is still the best option.

Last edited by Rpgraccoon; 08-17-2007 at 04:35 AM.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Flightspace Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Flightspace Send a message via MSN to Flightspace

Question - what's wrong with Dragonite in a water Gym, considering that it's pre-evolutions go through an aquatic stage (Pokemon Snap, various cards, game locations) and it's known for traversing the sea constantly and guiding doomed crews of sailors to shore? It's not too far-fetched. Cradily makes a good deal of sense as well, considering it's an aquatic plant-animal based off an anemone.

I could make a location database, with valid canonical reasons for each Pokemon fitting in each category.

+++

Rule #58:
It's not "down the road", it's not "across the
street", it's not "through the jugular". It's "down
the road, across the street AND through the jugular."

Last edited by Flightspace; 08-23-2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: formatting
Old 08-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
And what would an ice gym get? What the hell is like an ice type?
Seel, Zubat/Golbat(Seafoam Islands) and Tentacruel(Seafom Islands).
Anyway, I think some should be allowed. I mean, Dragonite's prevos are practically fish! But some, shouldn't be allowed like:
Pikachu= Bug Gyms (Virdidan Forest)
Jigglypuff=Rock Gyms(Right next to Mt.Moon and Pewter City.)
However, some should be allowed like Gyarados, Aerodactyl and Charizard in Dragons, as well as Beedrill and maybe Dustox.
If the ingame and anime charectars do it, I don't see why we can't do it.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
Seel, Zubat/Golbat(Seafoam Islands) and Tentacruel(Seafom Islands).
Anyway, I think some should be allowed. I mean, Dragonite's prevos are practically fish! But some, shouldn't be allowed like:
Pikachu= Bug Gyms (Virdidan Forest)
Jigglypuff=Rock Gyms(Right next to Mt.Moon and Pewter City.)
However, some should be allowed like Gyarados, Aerodactyl and Charizard in Dragons, as well as Beedrill and maybe Dustox.
If the ingame and anime charectars do it, I don't see why we can't do it.
Zubat/Golbat have nothing to do with the Ice Type whatsoever.

Dewgong is part Ice Type, so Seel would be covered there.

I agree with the Dragonite thingy, but there are enough Water Types to be able to handle the types that Dragon covers.

Anyone got any ideas for a Wildcard for a Rock Gym?
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 08-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djax94 View Post

I agree with the Dragonite thingy, but there are enough Water Types to be able to handle the types that Dragon covers.

Um... how about Dugtrio/ Diglett?

Ok, Zubat/Golbat was a little far-fetched.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:44 AM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightspace View Post
Question - what's wrong with Dragonite in a water Gym, considering that it's pre-evolutions go through an aquatic stage (Pokemon Snap, various cards, game locations) and it's known for traversing the sea constantly and guiding doomed crews of sailors to shore? It's not too far-fetched. Cradily makes a good deal of sense as well, considering it's an aquatic plant-animal based off an anemone.

I could make a location database, with valid canonical reasons for each Pokemon fitting in each category.
Actually, Cradily is a barnacle. =P It's the barnacle Pokemon!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:48 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by djax94 View Post

Wildcards for Rock, Ground and Steel gyms are all the same, mainly rock pokemon are the wildcard here.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 AM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Could be, DG, but how can you explain I cannot take Tyranitar in my gym?

1.) Habitat: Mountain
2.) Torterra, Swampert, Nidoking, Marowak, Rhyperior, Garchomp. ( not to mention all those pre evos )
3.) Earthquake
4.) Earthquake :P
5.) Dig, Mud-Slap
6.) **** no :|

Besides, it has sandstream ability, which is mainly used for ground types ( but utterly in usage of rock types, who raise their SP.Def ). If a mismagius can enter a grass gym, then I have no clue why a tyranitar can't join a ground gym.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Using RPG's little system thingy, he said you can't double dip. Which means no EQ twice on the list. =/

So no wildcards for my gym then?
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 08-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

luckly my system was never perfect and needs fixing double dipping was to prevent things on TM's more than learned moves. Thus the gym TM can't be used to be qualified for the regular TM. However, it really up to the person. I'd loves someone else to toy with it.

I could see double dipping on a learned move in Ttar's cas this is where LO approval cold come in handy. Or a rule change is in order. No double dipping on TM's.

Truthfully if all this is too much for the LO's. I'd love just this rule to be kept: "Must learn the Gym's TM" it just makes things interesting. Plus when you have it and Habitat you got some cool wild card option. However, you still get strange ones with just the two. Think a grass gym with that could theoretically get Ninetales living in grassland if they chose the gym TM Solar Beam. heh... that is why I still think everything needs to be looked at.

Last edited by Rpgraccoon; 08-23-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Flightspace Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Flightspace Send a message via MSN to Flightspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightspace View Post
Offer still stands.

Here's an example of my idea.

Snowpoint:

Snowpoint is a region located on the tip of a snow-capped mountain, with many known caves. However, these caves are not considerably extensive and do not support much life. The trail to Snowpoint is battered continuously by hail. Only Pokemon that can resist these conditions can thrive on Snowpoint. The village of Snowpoint borders the ocean on one side, and if one cares to swim far enough they can find colonies of water Pokemon there that have adapted to the cold conditions.

Ice Types:
Abomasnow / Articuno / Cloyster / Delibird / Dewgong / Froslass
Glaceon / Glalie / Jynx / Lapras / Mamoswine / Regice / Weavile / Walrein

Alternate Type Pokemon:

Wailord
A whale Pokemon. The Wailord is clearly based off the blue whale, the largest known living animal. Blue whales are often found along continental shelves and ice fronts. It also learns ice moves such as Avalanche.

Empoleon
A penguin Pokemon. The Wailord is based off the Emperor penguin, which are native to artic regions. According to the Pokedex, Empoleon has been known to slice ice floes apear with its sharp wings.

Gyarados
Gyarados appears to be a hybrid of the common fangfish and the gulper eel, with a few dragonic qualities thrown in. Considering its enormous size, Gyarados would feel quite at home in the deep sea. There it would be allowed to maintain massive territories. Its size is similar to the oarfish, which also inhabits the deep sea. [As an added note, the oarfish was said to be responsible for the many sightings of deep sea serpents by sailors.]

Aggron
Aggron are native to mountainous regions and its previous evolutions are known to have a diet consisting of minerals and other food that can be found in a scarce environment such as Snowpoint. Although it is a reptile, it may inhabit the cave systems and it also can learn fire moves, indicating that it may have an internal heat source that would allow it to primitively regulate its own temperature. It learns several ice-type moves.

Medicham - Machoke/Machamp - Rhydon

Native Pokemon of the region.

+++

Rule #58:
It's not "down the road", it's not "across the
street", it's not "through the jugular". It's "down
the road, across the street AND through the jugular."

Last edited by Flightspace; 08-29-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Closed Thread