Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Default Re: Fight with Your Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightspace View Post
Offer still stands.

Here's an example of my idea.

Snowpoint:

Snowpoint is a region located on the tip of a snow-capped mountain, with many known caves. However, these caves are not considerably extensive and do not support much life. The trail to Snowpoint is battered continuously by hail. Only Pokemon that can resist these conditions can thrive on Snowpoint. The village of Snowpoint borders the ocean on one side, and if one cares to swim far enough they can find colonies of water Pokemon there that have adapted to the cold conditions.

Ice Types:
Abomasnow / Articuno / Cloyster / Delibird / Dewgong / Froslass
Glaceon / Glalie / Jynx / Lapras / Mamoswine / Regice / Weavile / Walrein

Alternate Type Pokemon:

Wailord
A whale Pokemon. The Wailord is clearly based off the blue whale, the largest known living animal. Blue whales are often found along continental shelves and ice fronts. It also learns ice moves such as Avalanche.

Empoleon
A penguin Pokemon. The Wailord is based off the Emperor penguin, which are native to artic regions. According to the Pokedex, Empoleon has been known to slice ice floes apear with its sharp wings.

Gyarados
Gyarados appears to be a hybrid of the common fangfish and the gulper eel, with a few dragonic qualities thrown in. Considering its enormous size, Gyarados would feel quite at home in the deep sea. There it would be allowed to maintain massive territories. Its size is similar to the oarfish, which also inhabits the deep sea. [As an added note, the oarfish was said to be responsible for the many sightings of deep sea serpents by sailors.]

Aggron
Aggron are native to mountainous regions and its previous evolutions are known to have a diet consisting of minerals and other food that can be found in a scarce environment such as Snowpoint. Although it is a reptile, it may inhabit the cave systems and it also can learn fire moves, indicating that it may have an internal heat source that would allow it to primitively regulate its own temperature. It learns several ice-type moves.

Medicham - Machoke/Machamp - Rhydon

Native Pokemon of the region.
That's a pretty good list you got there. If the Wild Cards are covered like that, then it would be better.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:44 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

I dont think Gyarados, Aggron, Machamp, or Rhyperior should be allowed. Epoleon and Wailord thogh are nice. MEdicham only cause he was there ingame.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 08-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightspace View Post
Offer still stands.

Here's an example of my idea.

Snowpoint:

Snowpoint is a region located on the tip of a snow-capped mountain, with many known caves. However, these caves are not considerably extensive and do not support much life. The trail to Snowpoint is battered continuously by hail. Only Pokemon that can resist these conditions can thrive on Snowpoint. The village of Snowpoint borders the ocean on one side, and if one cares to swim far enough they can find colonies of water Pokemon there that have adapted to the cold conditions.

Ice Types:
Abomasnow / Articuno / Cloyster / Delibird / Dewgong / Froslass
Glaceon / Glalie / Jynx / Lapras / Mamoswine / Regice / Weavile / Walrein

Alternate Type Pokemon:

Wailord
A whale Pokemon. The Wailord is clearly based off the blue whale, the largest known living animal. Blue whales are often found along continental shelves and ice fronts. It also learns ice moves such as Avalanche.

Empoleon
A penguin Pokemon. The Wailord is based off the Emperor penguin, which are native to artic regions. According to the Pokedex, Empoleon has been known to slice ice floes apear with its sharp wings.

Gyarados
Gyarados appears to be a hybrid of the common fangfish and the gulper eel, with a few dragonic qualities thrown in. Considering its enormous size, Gyarados would feel quite at home in the deep sea. There it would be allowed to maintain massive territories. Its size is similar to the oarfish, which also inhabits the deep sea. [As an added note, the oarfish was said to be responsible for the many sightings of deep sea serpents by sailors.]

Aggron
Aggron are native to mountainous regions and its previous evolutions are known to have a diet consisting of minerals and other food that can be found in a scarce environment such as Snowpoint. Although it is a reptile, it may inhabit the cave systems and it also can learn fire moves, indicating that it may have an internal heat source that would allow it to primitively regulate its own temperature. It learns several ice-type moves.

Medicham - Machoke/Machamp - Rhydon

Native Pokemon of the region.
I appreciate your efforts but if on that basis we will be including stuff like Aggron and Rhydon in Ice Gyms I don't think we should use it.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 08-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

First of all, I'm super interested in this topic. Be prepared to read a rather long post.

Firstly, I totally disagree with wildcards being used in gym in the first place. Tell me, how many wildcards have you seen in the anime most of the time? Does Misty has a non-water type that she use in her Gym? Does Brock has a non-rock type that he uses in a Gym (no, he don't use Forretress in Gym Matches)? Does Brawly use wildcards in his Gym? NO!

Gyms are supposed to be protected by strong leaders, if leaders are using wildcards, they might as well be the Elite Four Champion who uses different types Pokemon. Strong leaders are only worthy if they can defend their gym, but actually without the use of wildcards.

Look at LA! He has all fire types, yet does he battle like a weakling? Does he use wildcards? Cinnabar Gym indeed is worth its name. Everything if firey hot! LA smartly uses the different technqiues Pokemon are able to learn like Sunny Day, and combine strategies to even win water-types. So wildcards... NOT NEEDED.

To those who are proposing even more wildcards, oh my gosh. I feel that the wildcard system should really be canceled. Alot of people are able to defend their gym with the use of wildcard. Let's take an example. Let's say I own a Cerulean Gym, and I use Dragonite in it. Cerulean is a water gym, and the challenger is Team Evolution.

Battle: 3 v 3
Ataro [gym leader] : seaking, luvdisc, dragonite
TE [challenger]: raichu, jolteon, electabuzz

Water gym uses 2 water, and 1 dragon, while challenger uses 3 electric types. Oh please, is it even called a water gym? Don't you know Dragonite alone, if given the proper special moves, it can sweep even Electric-types!? Water gym as it name suggests, uses all water. That would be a little more fair and professional in what I think.

Please do not feel that I'm speaking as a challenger's point of views, just to win gym badges easier. But at the rate of the wildcards using, any URPG members can be a "good" gym leader (no offense). It's even rare to find good gym leaders who use only the Gym Types.

There was this famous excuse last time - Oh, there are not enough ghost types for the ghost gym, so the gym leader can choose other type [something like that]. Now that DP is out, I don't think this excuse can be used anymore. If wildcards are still implemented, look at DP Pokemon! How many different wildcards can be created once again?

I really think wildcards system in Gym should be removed, in order to make gym badges harder, instead of regular old battles.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

You have a good point, Ataro. People just have to learn to use Whiscash if they have a water type gym.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
I appreciate your efforts but if on that basis we will be including stuff like Aggron and Rhydon in Ice Gyms I don't think we should use it.
I totally agree. Medicham in an Ice Gym is also a bit off the mark...
Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Pikablu Pie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
I totally agree. Medicham in an Ice Gym is also a bit off the mark...
By that information, that would mean Sunnyshore can use water-type Octillery and normal-type Ambipom. I honestly want to scream "WTF?!?" at DP because of it. :/

Maybe Persian in Viridian, since it's Giovanni's gym and he uses a Persian, but that's it. Even that is a bit of a stretch, since Persian learns Electric and Flying attacks.

Click here to take a stupid test.
Quote:
Help Reduce Forest Fires. Stop Flaming Now!
Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 AM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikablu Pie View Post
By that information, that would mean Sunnyshore can use water-type Octillery and normal-type Ambipom. I honestly want to scream "WTF?!?" at DP because of it. :/

Maybe Persian in Viridian, since it's Giovanni's gym and he uses a Persian, but that's it. Even that is a bit of a stretch, since Persian learns Electric and Flying attacks.
lmao, persian. I don't think I really want that in my gym :P
Old 09-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Team Devastation Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Team Devastation Send a message via MSN to Team Devastation

Why can you only have one pokemon other than the type in a gym?

Old 09-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Devastation View Post
Why can you only have one pokemon other than the type in a gym?
Then why would a Cerulean Gym called Cerulean Gym if it has a water, fire, grass, rock, steel and dark? -.-
Old 09-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Elrond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
Then why would a Cerulean Gym called Cerulean Gym if it has a water, fire, grass, rock, steel and dark? -.-
Maybe its got Starmie, Ludicolo, Relicanth, Empoleon, and Sharpedo.

And Arcanine with HP Water. *shot*

.kidding.

Honestly, I don't feel there is any need for wildcards except for in the E4, and even in there it shouldn't be abused.

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/
Closed Thread