Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Story reserving / deals/ whatever

Okay, a few issues...

1. Reserving. I don't personally mind it, 'cause then no one else takes the story while you grade, but reserving a story and saying that you'll "Get to it tomorrow / whenever" pisses me off.

With all the new graders, stories don't need to sit as long... Why reserve a story and take it off limits if you can't grade it THEN? Someone else could be grading it if not for that! Seriously, I think we need a rule that if you reserve something, you must be able to start the grade that same day.

Obviously if something comes up and you're called off the computer, that'd be an exception, since you didn't know / it wasn't your fault.... But eh.

2. Story deals. No one's updating the thread of who's traded what.

First, this makes it hard to remember if I've gone over my deals.
Second, while I've been asked to be sure I'm not trading more than 2 a month, I've seen people who are trading lots of story-only Pokemon each month.

Now, I'm not accusing anything, since it's possible that they got those Pokemon through trades and are just retrading them, which wouldn't be a story deal... But it seems to me that this rule is being very selectively enforced, and that's not particularly fair. When someone wants to trade off some story-only Pokemon, shouldn't they at least be ASKED how they got those, if that stupid rule is in effect? Hell, I've been asked about stuff when I traded Pokemon that could be bought in the 'mart... So why do people who trade many story-only things not even get asked where those Pokemon came from?

3. Also with story deals... Why is a story Pokemon for a story Pokemon considered a story deal? ^_~ If I get sick of my Abra and wanna trade it for, say, Horsea... Well, those are both story Pokemon, so how's that a 'story deal'? I'm not helping a non-writer get more Pokemon.

All I'm doing is switching for a different story-only thing. I think this should at least be considered, because if people are trading similarly ranked in difficulty story-stuff, it makes no sense to count that as a story deal...

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.

Last edited by FireflyK; 08-15-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
Okay, a few issues...

1. Reserving. I don't personally mind it, 'cause then no one else takes the story while you grade, but reserving a story and saying that you'll "Get to it tomorrow / whenever" pisses me off.
Yeah, that is starting to get to me as well. If you're not going to grade the story within at least a few hours after reserving it, then I don't think you should do it at all. I expect Pokelord to yell at me about this soon.

The story deal thread also has to be updated, as deals relating to that haven't been posted since April.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:47 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Quote:
2. Story deals. No one's updating the thread of who's traded what.

First, this makes it hard to remember if I've gone over my deals.
Second, while I've been asked to be sure I'm not trading more than 2 a month, I've seen people who are trading lots of story-only Pokemon each month.

Now, I'm not accusing anything, since it's possible that they got those Pokemon through trades and are just retrading them, which wouldn't be a story deal... But it seems to me that this rule is being very selectively enforced, and that's not particularly fair. When someone wants to trade off some story-only Pokemon, shouldn't they at least be ASKED how they got those, if that stupid rule is in effect? Hell, I've been asked about stuff when I traded Pokemon that could be bought in the 'mart... So why do people who trade many story-only things not even get asked where those Pokemon came from?
Take into consideration that the only person really trying to enforce that rule was DU who to my knowledge was the only one updating that thread, he hasn't been all that active lately until now in case you haven't noticed. So, please don't call it 'selective enforcment' because it isn't at all.

EDit: I'm not trying to blame DU here, just pointing out that we are doing our jobs contrary to the selective enforcment comment.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref

Last edited by SiberianTiger; 08-15-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:59 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Yep, my fault on point 2. So, sorry, though, I'll try to think of a way to keep things actively enforced.

As for point 1, check whatever I've been shouting in the Lack of graders thread, and see that such a rule did exist, but nobody made a ruckus about it until recently. See my arguments there to support my view on the matter.

As for point 3, I'm going to be bold as to ask why the hell you would keep that Abra unevolved? The definition of the word deal is that you made a pre- or post-event arrangement to perform a certain action, in this case being to write a story and then trade with someone else.

Now, while you've got a point there with same level mons, in which I hardly see a harm, given that they hold the exact same state, I'm motioning for that being kicked off the story deal bandwagon. Though, this shall only apply when trading two Pokémon of the same tier and with no difference in means of TM/HM/BM. So, anything remotely looking like a deal, as in, an Horsea with enough TMs to knock over a small army of basic mons for a clean Abra is still going to be marked as a story deal. Common knowledge should make at least that much acceptable.

Anything else I've forgotten to say?

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 08-15-2007, 11:03 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post
As for point 3, I'm going to be bold as to ask why the hell you would keep that Abra unevolved? The definition of the word deal is that you made a pre- or post-event arrangement to perform a certain action, in this case being to write a story and then trade with someone else.

Now, while you've got a point there with same level mons, in which I hardly see a harm, given that they hold the exact same state, I'm motioning for that being kicked off the story deal bandwagon. Though, this shall only apply when trading two Pokémon of the same tier and with no difference in means of TM/HM/BM. So, anything remotely looking like a deal, as in, an Horsea with enough TMs to knock over a small army of basic mons for a clean Abra is still going to be marked as a story deal. Common knowledge should make at least that much acceptable.

Anything else I've forgotten to say?

-]DU[-
What if the two story 'mon are from different tiers? Is it a story deal for both people? Or just for one? If so, which one?

Also, what if they were same tier but aren't any longer? Like, say, Horsea and Kadabra? Abra's in Horsea's story tier, but Kadabra is not... Would it then be a story deal?

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:59 AM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

In all honesty, I fail to see why we even have a rule "story deal" rule. It's absurd.

People write to catch pokemon. It's their choice what to do with said pokemon. They worked for it, let them do what they want with it. If they want to auction it off to the best TM'd mart mon, let them. It helps the economy of the URPG that way, in my opinion.

It's stupid, in my opinion, to limit it. Writers don't work that hard to be regulated nor do we work that hard to earn money only to be told what to do with it. I never saw it as a problem.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:19 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
In all honesty, I fail to see why we even have a rule "story deal" rule. It's absurd.

People write to catch pokemon. It's their choice what to do with said pokemon. They worked for it, let them do what they want with it. If they want to auction it off to the best TM'd mart mon, let them. It helps the economy of the URPG that way, in my opinion.

It's stupid, in my opinion, to limit it. Writers don't work that hard to be regulated nor do we work that hard to earn money only to be told what to do with it. I never saw it as a problem.
=p Because I stupidly wrote for at least 25 things in one month and tried to trade them all off, even though several of them were Abra/Horsea/Gastly, and I still haven't been forgiven. That's why. xD Next question?

Anyway, I totally agree- hell, I even think people should be allowed to GIVE things to friends as gifts when they want. However, I'm a total libertarian to the point of being an anarchist, so my views on this was ignored. =p

Also, graders don't like grading 8+ stories a week, which I can average easily while doing unlimited story deals, and so it was limited. >_>; Of course, with almost no 'mart 'mon I don't have yet, the number of story deals I still CAN/will want to do is self-limiting, butyeah. Don't count on the rule being repealed... Until I have every 'mart 'mon. Then it might go away. =P Until then, y'all will have to suffer with me.

And finally, this would allow newbies who battle/ref for money but don't write to get lots of story-only, good Pokemon. The people who've been around forever don't want this competition. =p Now that they have written a lot, or gotten THEIR story deals... ;p People don't like newcomers to come in and suddenly have Porygons and Gengar and shtuff. xD

Last edited by FireflyK; 08-16-2007 at 03:22 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:32 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Mainly because it's annoying to see people going through, skipping a whole portion of the URPG. I mean, there's no sense of "earning" the Pokemon if they just buy it from someone else. And it makes it seem less awesome if tons of people have Aero and whatnot. I mean, I went through working my butt off to get things like Aero, etc., and I really respect those who work their butts off on stories, while others just ... have other people do it.

You people need to just learn how to write xD. That sounds harsh, but really I wouldn't be able to write at all if I didn't write in the URPG.

It's another one of the deals where I look back and think "Huh, none of us tried that back then ..." along with some of the cheating and whatnot. It seems that the URPG has gotten bigger, but more corrupt at the same time xD. I mean, the whole OHKO dealios for getting money is new, too, and we never really even thought about it. I'm surprised, curious, and disappointed at the same time.

And didn't I answer to some of this in another thread? XD

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 08-16-2007, 03:59 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScottMan View Post
Mainly because it's annoying to see people going through, skipping a whole portion of the URPG. I mean, there's no sense of "earning" the Pokemon if they just buy it from someone else. And it makes it seem less awesome if tons of people have Aero and whatnot. I mean, I went through working my butt off to get things like Aero, etc., and I really respect those who work their butts off on stories, while others just ... have other people do it.
Okay... But what does story-for-story trades have to do with that? ;p I have several story things I want to trade for other story things. Why should that be restricted?

Quote:
And didn't I answer to some of this in another thread?

In the mod thread, Scott. =p No one else could see it there, thus why I stuck it here to be visible for people.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:39 AM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

Quote:
=p Because I stupidly wrote for at least 25 things in one month and tried to trade them all off, even though several of them were Abra/Horsea/Gastly, and I still haven't been forgiven. That's why. xD Next question?
So it's your stupidity that made this a dumb rule? Ban, ban I say!

In all seriousness, next argument? And please don't make it be your fault this time. If you're dumb enough to do that it's your own fault.

Quote:
Anyway, I totally agree- hell, I even think people should be allowed to GIVE things to friends as gifts when they want. However, I'm a total libertarian to the point of being an anarchist, so my views on this was ignored. =p

Also, graders don't like grading 8+ stories a week, which I can average easily while doing unlimited story deals, and so it was limited. >_>; Of course, with almost no 'mart 'mon I don't have yet, the number of story deals I still CAN/will want to do is self-limiting, butyeah. Don't count on the rule being repealed... Until I have every 'mart 'mon. Then it might go away. =P Until then, y'all will have to suffer with me.
Is anyone FORCING a grader to grade? Nope. Graders are free to do however much or little grading they want. With that, you can control the number of story pokemon that are released in a said month. You can say yourself that "I'm only going to grade X number of stories this month" and that's that. Next argument?

Quote:
And finally, this would allow newbies who battle/ref for money but don't write to get lots of story-only, good Pokemon. The people who've been around forever don't want this competition. =p Now that they have written a lot, or gotten THEIR story deals... ;p People don't like newcomers to come in and suddenly have Porygons and Gengar and shtuff. xD

So newbies ref now? I don't think so. And who are you to say vets, like myself, don't want more competition? I want more competition dammit, and I think more people would agree. This is why the Master/Apprentice Program was originally started, to help the battling community. It was created in a time of turmoil when there were far too many newbies who had Gastly use lick, or Charmander use scratch.

Speak for yourself and not everyone. You may be too much of a pansy to want tougher battles but that doesn't mean everyone is. Next arguement? You may be a good writer but you're a terrible debater.

Quote:
That's a personal problem. The simple solution is that if you have a problem with not "earning" your pokemon because of a story deal then the best way to solve it would be to write for your own pokemon. Tough? No. Personally, if I work my butt off reffing for you people(sometimes taking two to three hours to only make 1000 due to their slowness, not my own) and I spend my money on a pokemon like Larvitar(10,000) along with a few TMs(X amount of money here) for a story pokemon most likely without any TMs, then I damn well earned it.

If you want a nice example, let's take my Kingdra. The Kingdra I obtained as a Horsea from Chris. He wrote for me(seeing as how I didn't feel my own story for Horsea was good enough) and I, in turn, worked up enough money(through mostly defending my gym and reffing) and bought him a pokemon, as well as three(if I recall) TMs.

Now, I worked for the Kingdra in three ways. One, I worked for it by reffing and battling to earn the pokemon to trade, and some TM's to make the trade more fair to Chris. Two, I'm the one who battled with Horsea/Seadra until it got back up. Now, I haven't OHKO battled since I had Magikarp. I think it's obvious WHY I OHKO battled my Magikarp...it's a Magikarp. Being who I am, I actually worked to try and get my Horsea to a Kingdra. Not only that, but the item it uses to evolve along with the several TMs I had to work for to buy to make the Kingdra useful. Can you honestly say I haven't earned Kingdra?

The number of stories FFK writes in a month is inhuman and can be copied by few people in the URPG. Therefore her argument falls short of usefulness again.

It's a shame I wasn't around when this rule was made. =P
Old 08-16-2007, 04:52 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
So it's your stupidity that made this a dumb rule? Ban, ban I say!

In all seriousness, next argument? And please don't make it be your fault this time. If you're dumb enough to do that it's your own fault.
Thank you, I realized. =p I was a newb and didn't realize that most people couldn't jot off that many in a month, kthx, so I didn't think anything was wrong with my story-dealing that much. =X And it's a little late now.

That WAS in all seriousness... Do I look like the person who admits to a mistake for no reason? xD I screwed up, they told me to cut it out, and limited deals so people couldn't get written stuff easily. Ask anyone who was there at the time. It's not like a buttload of people were trading off that many story Pokemon per month for not much in return.

Quote:
Is anyone FORCING a grader to grade? Nope. Graders are free to do however much or little grading they want. With that, you can control the number of story pokemon that are released in a said month. You can say yourself that "I'm only going to grade X number of stories this month" and that's that. Next argument?
That graders don't like letting stories sit. Also, some WON'T let them sit, because they want to be paid. =) More grading = more pay, and then the older grades get pissy about it. =p

Quote:
So newbies ref now?
Anyone under 3 months is, in my mind, a newbie. And I believe that some of them DO ref. =) Also, keep in mind that compared to some of the members who've been around for a very long time, people who are under a year may seem like newbies, and yes, some of them ref. =)

Quote:
I don't think so. And who are you to say vets, like myself, don't want more competition?
Someone with a sense of humor? >_>;

I don't mean competition in that they don't want to be beat by newer people, anyway. xD Just that they don't like to work very hard to write for a Porygon, then see a newbie show up and be practically GIVEN one. =) Common sense.

Quote:
Speak for yourself and not everyone. You may be too much of a pansy to want tougher battles but that doesn't mean everyone is.
OOh, making it personal? Seems like I struck a nerve with you. =p

Yes, some people don't want the competition. =)

Quote:
Next arguement? You may be a good writer but you're a terrible debater.
;p Only when I'm debating with people who aren't worth the effort. If it's not in the debate section, then IMHO, it's not a serious debate. It's something than can be taken as a joke, because let's face it, if they're gonna change this they will, and if not, they won't. Why waste breath arguing something seriously? ^_^

Quote:
That's a personal problem.
ORLY?

I write or trade for almost everything I own, and that's about 70 Pokemon in the span of 6 months, so I'm hardly slacking off. I simply want to be able to trade some of those away. You don't seem to understand the restrictions. See, trading away a Pokemon you obtained in a story is what is being restricted. Meaning, I can't write for Pokemon and then trade them to other people. It has nothing to do with not being able to get people to write for me. xD I write my own stuff, kthx!

Quote:
If you want a nice example, let's take my Kingdra. The Kingdra I obtained as a Horsea from Chris. He wrote for me(seeing as how I didn't feel my own story for Horsea was good enough) and I, in turn, worked up enough money(through mostly defending my gym and reffing) and bought him a pokemon, as well as three(if I recall) TMs.
I'd love to be able to write 3-4 Horsea and trade them off to people like you, for pokemart things with TMs. That's what this rule is preventing, and that's why I dislike it.

Personally, I think both people earned it. The mods who MADE the rule don't, thus why the rule is in place. You're taking my side and insisting I'm wrong... Reading comprehension issues, eh?

Quote:
Can you honestly say I haven't earned Kingdra?
Actually, sweety, my entire point is that people like you HAVE earned it, and thus that they shouldn't be restricted from being able to trade for things like that Kingdra.

Quote:
The number of stories FFK writes in a month is inhuman and can be copied by few people in the URPG. Therefore her argument falls short of usefulness again.

It's a shame I wasn't around when this rule was made.
Hun, go ask DU, the one who made it. >_>; The rule was made because they didn't like how much stuff I was trading off. Even newbs can have a large effect on the URPG, and it's hardly an imhuman pace. I write at other sites where that sort of speed is considered the norm. People here just... Er... Well, 'take their time', shall we say.

[17:59] DwnTehRabbitHole: xD Can we just change the rule to 'common sense', since I'm only writing 3 'mon a month now anyway, and thus can't exactly do too many deals? =p I mean, it's not like there are other people being restrained by the rule anyway.
[17:59] DwnTehRabbitHole: That would let me trade off the stuff I wrote for back in December and then decided I don't want, too. xD Which wouldn't be really a deal, just ditching stuff for different story 'mon that might not be exactly teh same tier.
[18:00] SOMAnnoyance: meh... it's just you're like the most crazy writer of the lot
[18:00] SOMAnnoyance: if we had to use common sense, we'd forget about everyone else, and just restrict your stuff alone :P

>_>; I don't make crap up to look important. Since I screwed stuff up, making the rule neccesary, I'm trying to get the rule fixed, since it inconveniences me AND a lot of other people.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:53 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

I'll make this point short.

-You're not a good debater. Because simply put, debates are not personal, they're talking about facts and opinions. And if you can't "debate" without trying to make the whole deal into a flame war, I'll just delete your post. 'Nuff said. If you have a problem with me, join the crowd and tell me in AIM. I might block you, but at least then it's where it's supposed to be.

-That said, there is a reason that Carly and I are mods. It's not because we're some "pansy" idiots, you know, we actually do know what we're talking about. So you have a varying opinion, fine, I for one thrive on them, but being arrogant and acting like your own opinion is above everyone elses is plain ol' insulting me, and I never was one for being insulted. You go around talking about being a "vet" ... haha, I remember when the term was only used for those of us who had come from the Yahoo Group itself. I'm not saying I'm a better battler (not even close, never cared), and I'm not saying some of the new agers (those from pe2k) shouldn't be considered 'vets' *I for one may not be the best of friends (not at all) with LA, but I respect the hell outta him*, but before you go around saying that because you're a "vet" then your opinion matters more or something ... *Ahem*

The rule is, of course, there for a reason. We aren't often for the task of randomly adding on rules, especially when it creates more work for mods.

If you want more competition, then go and face LA, or Marth (yes, I know he's gone). Hell, if you want competition, play the DS game online, or NB.

Also, I don't battle anymore, haven't for a long time, so saying anything about me not wanting tougher battles ... Well, I could care less how good people are at battling, it doesn't affect me at all. But just because you have a fancy strong Pokemon does NOT make you a good battler. I found that out facing Figgy long, long ago.

Yes, with the calculator's and everything out now, it's much easier to ref. I remember the whole dealio of a working calculator, throwing dice, and having three or four different stat books at the computer station, really was a pain -_-.

Writing is PART of the URPG. Whole section to itself last I saw. If you don't want to write, then either take your time with story deals or go ahead and buy one. If you want a stronger Pokemon, then man up and earn it.

Also, even if you battle you make money. Someone could just lose a lot, buy a Pokemon and TM it up, and have a useless Pokemon because they don't know how to use it right. So really, that's that.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 08-16-2007 at 05:02 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:04 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

I personally like the limitations. It doesn't completely get rid of it, but it doesn't allow every one and their moms to have armys of P-Z, Kingdras, and Milotics.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 08-16-2007, 05:07 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman View Post
I personally like the limitations. It doesn't completely get rid of it, but it doesn't allow every one and their moms to have armys of P-Z, Kingdras, and Milotics.
I think SOME limit is important... But the current limits mean I can't even trade one story pokemon for another, if I get tired of something I have. =\ And how is THAT fair?

Old 08-16-2007, 05:16 AM
Psychic Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Okay, a few issues...

With all the new graders, stories don't need to sit as long... Why reserve a story and take it off limits if you can't grade it THEN? Someone else could be grading it if not for that! Seriously, I think we need a rule that if you reserve something, you must be able to start the grade that same day.

Obviously if something comes up and you're called off the computer, that'd be an exception, since you didn't know / it wasn't your fault.... But eh.
Can I please just point out a person opinion about this whole reserving stories thing?

Of course I can because there's free speech on the internet. But you know what they say: the URPG is serious business!

Anyhow, I seriously don't think that posting a story to say you're going to grade it is such a sin. I don't see why the people who do it are considered greedy for the pay or that they're hogs, and I also highly doubt that such posts are meant to be rude and yell at other graders like a barking dog: GET OFF, THIS IS MY FREAKING TERRITORY!

Or maybe some graders are like that. I really don't know.

But as long as you actually intend to post the grade within the next day or two, why not? I don't know about the rest of you, but one of my grades took me about an hour or so to write. And the story wasn't even that good. But damn it I worked hard to try to make that grade as long and insightful as I could without driving myself mad.

Now, why do I say this? Simple.

If you, as a grader are working on an hour-long story grade, you will damn well want to post it. However perhaps you forget to refresh (as I often do) and when the page comes back up, you find to your dissapointment that while you were writing up a catalogue, some other grader came in, wrote up a grade half the length of yours with half the helpfulness and posted it immediately.

Hey look, ma, I spent an hour for nothing! Oh joy!

Now, you starting typing up this grade the moment you saw the story, but that did no good. And now you're just left frustrated because you have this huge grade sitting in the reply box with the need for it gone. Will the other grader let you post it anyway, or delete their own for you? Maybe they'll say no, you snooze you lose, you're overreacting, you're taking it too seriously.

I have no idea if any of you will be able to relate to this story or not, but the fact remains. And you want more reasons? Here are the only other good ones I've got.

-The empty post will constantly remind you that you need to type up the grade already. Quit putting it off and just DO IT! Very handy.
-The writer now knows that their story will not be ingored and they will soon receive the result of their attempted capture. And back when I was waiting a month for my first story grade, when EmBreon posted in it to say she'd get to it soon I was overjoyed: I wouldn't have to wait much longer!

Now, if you KNOW that you can't grade the story right away or you know you can't do it for a little while, in THAT case I say don't even bother.
If you've reserved SEVEN stories with promises of grading them soon, you have most probably bittem off more than you can chew, and you are kidding nobody.
If the writer has to wait more than three days for their promised grade, then you shouldn't have made the promise in the first place. End of story.

~Psychic