Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Trivia/Games

Trivia/Games Join in the Trivia games! Any trivia/games are accepted.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:08 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default The PE2K Mafia

NOTE: YOUR SIGS CAN BE MODIFIED DURING THIS GAME! IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR SIG TO BE CHANGED, DO NOT JOIN. DURING THE GAME, IF YOU TAKE OFF THE SIG, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE OUT OF THE GAME.

Special thanks to Jet for helping out with the banners. :3

Moe club presents:
The PE2K Mafia!

Description

Welcome to the town of PE2K. It seems that there is a dark evil organization that has befallen this normally peaceful town. This organization, known simply to us as "the mafia", is led by the tyrant known as Laharl, an evil kid who is bent on devouring all life *note: descriptions may vary*. Oh no! Luckily, citizens have arisen to the challenge to try to defeat their enemy by hanging their own population (don't ask me, Asa-sempai was definitely against that), as suggested by this girl named Etna. Oh well! Here goes nothing!

This mafia game is based on a live action version on IRC.

Gameplay

The game is divided into two parts. Each day starts during the night. Certain roles have different functions during this night time, and during this night time, those with these special roles will pm me their decisions and what not. I will then function to give you the results of the night round at the beginning of the day round.

During the day round, everybody can discuss what had happened, and decide to hang one person. This person's hanging will happen strictly by votes. These votes are posted on the thread. Do not PM me your votes.

The game ends when either all of the mafia are killed, or when there is not enough innocent lives, allowing the mafia to run free.

This game runs in real time under MY times (eastern). I'll make sure people on the other side of the globe will get their fair share, should they show up, but keep in mind that a day in this game is a day in mafia's game time. This means that everyday when I wake up in the morning, I will tally the votes for the night round and put out it results. The day round ends as soon as it's night time here, meaning that I will likely do this during 9pm EST. If you cannot be online for the night round, pm me during the day round for your night round vote.

Roles

Role: Citizen
These are the basic citizens of the town. Of course, this means that they do NOT have special functions during night time. They make up the bulk of the town. However, remember that even citizens might have something up their sleeves, as well.

Role: Armor Knight
The knights are the policing bodies of the town, and vary in number. All knights would know who all of the other knights are during the first night, in which during this time they are allowed to PM each other if so they wish to exchange information amongst themselves.

During the night round, the knights would have the opportunity to investigate a person in town. This is done by two steps: the first is that each knight would PM me who he or she wants to investigate. After the votes are in (And I will reveal the one with the most votes), I will pm all of the knights the target's identity (as in whether or not that person is mafia, citizen, or otherwise).

They have no other abilities outside of that.

Role: Cleric
The cleric are simply that. They heal people. They side with the innocents, simply because you'd think holy beings would be as such.

During the night round, the cleric will pm me about who they want to save for the night. If the mafia's target and the cleric's target are the same, then the person is saved and is therefore not killed off. They cannot communicate with knights, unfortunately.

Role: Prinny
The prinnies have had it with the mafia! They're rebelling against the mafia! Too bad they don't know who their masters are, though.

During the day round, the prinny can choose to sacrifice himself (aka die) to kill any person immediately.

Role: Mafia
The mafia are basically the meat and potatoes of the other side. Once all of these guys are killed, the game ends in the innocent's favour!

The mafia will know exactly who is on their side during the first night, similar to that of the knights. They can communicate with each other freely through pm's if they wish, as always.

During the night, the mafia will decide on who to kill off during the night. I will be using the voting system similar to that of the knights. This happens during the night round as well.

Role: Thief
The thief is a sneaky one. He or she will be included in the list, but do NOT count as one of the mafia that people have to eliminate. As well, the thief does not participate in mafia activities (i.e. the killing) either. However, if the knights want to investigate the thief, he or she will show up as a normal law abiding citizen!

Additional Roles
Depending on number of players, these will change.

Role: Witches
The witches are strange beings that have an awesome abilities! The witches have roles outside of what they normally have, so you'll never know who's who. The witches also do NOT know who the others are, either.

The witches act every other night, with the night before a decision for the action. Their actions are: kill, invite, and revive. Killing someone is just that, you'll end up killing that person (~70% success rate). Inviting someone is that you would end up inviting a person who isn't a witch to join you guys. This means that you WILL know other witches after you invite someone in. Reviving is a simple matter. You can take a dead character, and revive them. Revival does have a chance of failure (~70% failure rate), though.

Example:
Night 1: choose to kill/invite/revive.
Night 2: killing/inviting/reviving: vote for the targets.
Night 3: choose to do either of the three actions again.
Night 4: do the action: vote for the targets.

And so on.

The thief, if he or she is a witch, will override all other commands of the other witches.

Role: Geomancer
A Geomancer is a strange being, and work on top of the normal roles. They are mystical beings that have a strange ability to just die. Starting at a certain select night, the Geomancers can pm me their strange will to die. When the majority of them wish to die, they all die. Geomancers don't know who everyone else are, either.

Role: Wiseman
There is only 1 wiseman. They don't have any special function other than the fact that if there is a tie in a vote for hanging, instead of me picking one by random, I will always pick the one the wiseman votes for.

Simply sign up as usual here. Just tell me you're in, and you're in. :D

If there is anything unclear about what I wrote, please tell me.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 08-22-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Default Re: The PE2K Mafia

Players
ARTIX (aceb22bro)
Neo Pikachu
Lucky Flareon
Legend Slayer
Amplified Pikachu
Jet
Calypso
Spinarak Craney
Anala
da ink
Nobody XIII
Canis Lupus
Corn
Tiana_M
Loyal Arcanine
ronjocox

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 08-25-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Daily results

Night 1
Day 1

Night 2
Day 2

Night 3
Day 3

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 08-26-2007 at 04:30 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:12 AM
lilJT Offline
Elite Trainer

i would totally join, if i had the attention span to read all that
Old 08-19-2007, 05:16 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Well the roles you don't have to read until you are given the roles, technically speaking. It would be good to know them ahead of time, but most of the time people would just read them after they are given their roles.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:16 AM
aceb22bro Offline
Amateur Trainer

i'll play

can i be named ARTIX though?

pm me to get your pics shoopified
Old 08-19-2007, 05:22 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Sure I guess. Anyway. We'll wait for more players over the next little while. The game probably won't start until Monday, I believe.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:26 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Ah good, its nice to see someone dependable running this for a change. :P

Sign me in.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:31 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Welcome aboard, Neo. If you want to contribute on the banner-making (I'm always up for getting more banners, considering atm I'm just planning on reusing them. X3), please go ahead. XD Banners only need to talk about which side (innocent or mafia) they're on. Generally the banners would be cute anime girls/boys (okay pretty much just girls). Since most of the people are innocent, I'd be making more innocent banners when I feel like it. XD
Old 08-19-2007, 05:44 AM
Lucky Flareon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Lucky Flareon Send a message via MSN to Lucky Flareon

Me, me, me. Kenny, choose me, I want to be in. ^^
Old 08-19-2007, 05:54 AM
LS Offline

I'm so in this. :O
Old 08-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

so... me being a noob and all...

every night, one guy dies, either mafia or innocent... or not, depending on clerics, witches, etc.

citizens have no idea who anyone is...
the mafia knows all the other mafia...
knights as well...
thieves, geomancers and witches have no idea...

*gawd IM me about it x_x;*
Old 08-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

During night time, several things happen:

1. Mafia decide to kill someone
2. Knights decide to investigate someone
3. Witches decide to do something (either prep for next night, or do the action decided by the previous night)
4. Cleric decide to save someone

This does mean that more than 1 person can potentially die during a night (mafia kill + witch kill). There can also be no deaths (no witch kill, cleric saves mafia kill), or even +1 in town (witches revive someone, cleric saves mafia kill).

Thieves:
A thief DOES know who the mafia are, and they are aligned with the mafia. What they cannot do is participate in mafia activities (i.e. killing off people).

Witches:
They have no clue who the others are, but if they decide to invite someone into their cult, they will know that the person invited in would be a witch. Technically through this new witch, they can all figure out who the rest of them are. However, it's made so that they don't know who each other are.

Geomancers:
It's like a tack-on role that doesn't really do anything, which is why they don't have any "special ability" to know who the other Geomancers are.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Clutch Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Clutch

Count me in, Kenny. :]

Black Ops | K/D: 2.69 | W/L: 2.96
Old 08-20-2007, 04:35 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

How about citizens? they can't do squat during morning?

btw yeah wtheck I'll join