Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Legacy Offline

Default PE2K Slow...

Ive been having problems on this site.Its been real slow lately.Im not sure its just me or the site.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Pikablu Pie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: PE2K Slow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Ive been having problems on this site.Its been real slow lately.Im not sure its just me or the site.
Someone needs to put up an announcment about this.

It's apparently caused the hord of people doing Wi-fi, and using PE2K like an IM. Just do something else. It only takes about ten minutes for the site to get back up. Once the DP crowd calms down, the site should run smoothly again.

Click here to take a stupid test.
Quote:
Help Reduce Forest Fires. Stop Flaming Now!
Old 08-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

And to think these threads were gonna stop.
Just wait and do something productive until then. Maybe you can even write when it goes down to see a pattern.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Arrow Re: PE2K Slow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
And to think these threads were gonna stop.
Just wait and do something productive until then. Maybe you can even write when it goes down to see a pattern.
We might as well make a sticky thread about this to pervent users from making the same thread like this.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Yeah.

Just read the quote in Nick Roge's sig from DU.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:15 AM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

As Shadow Eevee said, click the link in my my signature that reads, "Stop Noob Invasion Threads" it will tell you what you need to know. As for myself, I agree with what Meaty said, we have got to make a stickied thread telling people why this is happening so they don't keep on making these threads.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:29 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

lol.

Get over it. Its a forum, that means nothing in the real world. If you need to talk to your internet buddies so badly, get a common messenger. :|
Old 08-23-2007, 03:33 AM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

It's not the fact that we can't talk to anyone on the forum, it the fact that at least once a day, you get a thread saying something along the lines of, "Why was pe2k down."
Old 08-23-2007, 03:47 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Still you need to get over it. VBulliten costs money, and any other forum of this mass scale on something like Probards would of died such a long time ago.

And by the way, that post wasn't directed at you Nick. It was for everyone screaming for a new server.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:04 AM
Elitefrenzy Offline
Elite Trainer

For real man, go outside instead of waiting, it doesn't take long before the server is back up...

"they say the devils' water, it ain't so sweet, you don't have to drink right now. but you can dip your feet, every once... and a little while"

Damn, my emo side is getting to me. not
Old 08-23-2007, 05:01 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Easy. I've noticed for me, the server always gets really sluggish around 2-3:30 PM Eastern Time Zone. All other times, its perfectly fine, so I'm guessing that the server is performing some regular operation at that time on a daily basis. I know this is right because during that time, I managed to log on after a long delay, and there were only around ten people on, which is extremely low considering the forum usually has over 100 people on at once. So I know it wasn't just me.

Honestly, there are many sites that have it much worse. If the server is running slow, do something else for an hour and chances are that when you come back, it will be running fine again.

And yeah, Ryan can't do it all. He's got the site to run, he's got the forum to run, he's ban administrative issues to handle and he's probably got over a 100 PMs and probably 1,000 emails to take care of, and this isn't even the real life stuff he's got to take care of.

Relax, I'm sure it will be addressed in time, but give Ryan a chance to fix things first. He's got priorities to sort out too, I'm sure.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:47 AM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

If I hear your story, Ryan could really need a Co-Admin. I don't think Gmods can help fix the technical problems of the site? And if Ryan is so busy, he should really take one or two Co-Admins. It would remove some of the weight on his shoulders. Better off for him, and better for us.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:28 AM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
Yeah.

Just read the quote in Nick Roge's sig from DU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Roge View Post
As Shadow Eevee said, click the link in my my signature that reads, "Stop Noob Invasion Threads" it will tell you what you need to know.
Lmao, didn't expect that to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Easy. I've noticed for me, the server always gets really sluggish around 2-3:30 PM Eastern Time Zone. All other times, its perfectly fine, so I'm guessing that the server is performing some regular operation at that time on a daily basis. I know this is right because during that time, I managed to log on after a long delay, and there were only around ten people on, which is extremely low considering the forum usually has over 100 people on at once. So I know it wasn't just me.
Nice assumption. Prolly is true, or it's just when most people come and go on pe2k or whatever other sites this server hosts, cause I kinda doubt that Ryan has one complete server for just pe2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_type_rule View Post
If I hear your story, Ryan could really need a Co-Admin. I don't think Gmods can help fix the technical problems of the site? And if Ryan is so busy, he should really take one or two Co-Admins. It would remove some of the weight on his shoulders. Better off for him, and better for us.
Been there, done that. Ryan is opposed as hell to that, last time I checked. He's a bit of the entire cake when it comes to that. Don't ask...

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 08-23-2007, 09:59 AM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Well, it would be easier for him. But if he doesn't really want that, then he's just playing with himself :P
Old 08-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Charmander96 Offline
Master Trainer

that happend to me once i couldn't change my avatar so i just went on paint