Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Your basic Trainer Story, right?

This is gonna be a capture story of mine. I'll probably continue it, and don't sigh when you see it's a trainer story! XP

Don't worry, the plot will differ, but I just needed the typical start.

* Chapter 1 (Starly) Status - Passed
((Characters - 7771))

** Chapter 2 (Magikarp) Status - Passed
((Characters - 4639))

*** Chapter 3 (Vulpix) Status - Unfinished
((Characters - 1766))
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Last edited by Mitsuzo-kun; 01-20-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: Your basic Trainer Story, right?

][Chapter 1][

Hurrying down the town’s path, Jackson sighed heavily. It was a long walk to the Professor’s lab, and it being a hot, sticky, summer day didn’t help the situation either. Deciding that getting a Pokemon was more important than his comfort, he carried on down the dusty road.

The Sun’s rays beat down upon Twinleaf town and the surrounding area, making today the unideal day to be travelling. Being his tenth birthday, Jackson was heading towards Professor Rowan’s lab in Sandgem town. This meeting was going to be a formal gathering, so he’d decided to go with his blue-chequered shirt, and his smartest jeans. Though, with his hair, he looked scruffy no matter what he wore! As it ruffled in the morning breeze, the deep blonde colour reflected most of the sunlight. It was wild, almost untameable. And now quite greasy from the sweat.

Flowers were in full bloom, blossoming beautifully. These had always interested him, being one with nature at a young age. He took a few moments to gaze upon the foliage around him, calming his frustration with the heat. Letting his memory drift back to his childhood, pictures of his parents playing with him flashed before his eyes. Taking a deep breath, he swivelled his head to the left to observe the distance left. With a surprised smile on his face, and with a different view on the situation, he hobbled towards the lab with his short, little legs. Realizing it would take him half the day to get there like this, he increased his pace to a slow sprint.

------------------------------

“Oh my gosh, Professor!” Jackson panted as he burst through the door of the lab, sweat rolling down his face. His pulse was racing from anxiousness and the sheer harshness of running half a mile. “Am I late? Are there any Pokemon left?” Professor Rowan gave him a quizzical look, which then changed to a warm, kind smile. Beckoning Jackson towards him, he straightened up and sorted out his tie. He needed to be professional in these scenarios.

“Ahem...” the Professor began with a slightly more stern look upon his face. You could almost see the wrinkles deepening in his brow. “Now, young man, what on EARTH are you babbling about?!” Jackson was quite taken aback by this remark. He imagined the Professor as a quiet man, sitting in a corner in a rocking chair with a pipe in his hand. Amused by the young boy’s bewilderment, the Professor laughed, and explained the joke.

“Jeez, Mister,” Jackson grumbled, “You didn’t sound very friendly.” He pulled a sour face, indicating a slight mood swing. Rowan took this as a warning, feeling the boy’s patience growing thin, and led him to the room filled with Pokemon. Jackson’s eyes widened when he noticed all the Pokeballs stacked on shelves. Shiny red and white spheres dotted across the room. He could hardly contain his excitement. Rowan noticed, and grinned from ear to ear.

“Another eager one,” he muttered cheerfully to himself. Trainers like this often kept their Pokemon in good condition, making friends pretty easily. He knew Jackson would treat his Pokemon with great kindness, so he had no problem with entrusting him with a Pokemon. “Anyway, how would you like to choose a Pokemon?” Jackson’s face lit up as the words poured out of the Professor’s mouth. Gazing at the many Pokeballs around the lab, they seemed to call to him. Pick me, pick me, they seemed to whisper.

“Professor, I’d like that one!” he cried out, pointing to one sphere in particular. That one seemed to stand out to him more than the others. Almost as if he was connected to it somehow. Rowan reached above the boy’s head, demonstrating how large he was in comparison. Pulling down the Pokeball, Jackson thrust his arms I the air, trying to yank it from the Professor’s grasp.

“Patience, my dear child,” Rowan sighed. Handing him the Pokeball, he instructed Jackson on how to release the Pokemon inside. “Just push that big button, and the Pokemon will come out.” He’d explained it simply, since Jackson wasn’t very old. He hated it when adults patronised him. However, he chose to ignore this, and gratefully took the Pokeball. Pushing the button as he was shown how, a white flash filled the room. The white light began to materialise, forming a round shape.

“Gastly...” the hovering ball of gas murmured. Jackson stared in awe at the Pokemon before him. Images and wishful thoughts filled his head. Pictures of a Gengar battling a Charizard were amongst them. The Gengar using Thunderbolt to win the battle. All the glory from being a Champion Trainer...

However, Gastly had different plans. He rolled his eyes at the flabbergasted expression on his new trainer’s face. He was going to be the first of many Pokemon to fill Jackson’s belt.

Great, Gastly thought to himself. I’m stuck with this loser. I bet he’ll make me battle like crazy! Too bad I’m not gonna listen! Jackson inspected his new Pokemon, impressed by how strong it looked. Maybe he could get more Pokemon...

“Hey, Professor,” he inquired, “Are there any strong Pokemon around here? I wanna get a few more before I try any battles.” Rowan rolled his eyes now. Deciding to answer before he had a major tantrum, Rowan reached into his desk’s top drawer for a guide to the area. Gesturing towards the column on the left side of the page, it said something about Starly. Starly were timid creatures, although they evolved to be powerful bird capable of Intimidating an opponent. Jackson liked the sound of that, and began to tie his shoelaces. After all, he couldn’t go out there to catch one with undone laces, could he?

------------------------------

“Let’s see...” he mumbled, almost tripping on a bulky tree root. He was slightly lacking in concentration, but he never let that stop him. He heard a rustle from the bushes, and jumped with fright. Inclining his head, a small beak sticking out from the bushes came into view. The beak was orange, and had a black tip. Almost as if it were a Starly’s...

“Dark Pulse!” Jackson commanded his Ghost Pokemon. Gastly reappeared behind the bushes, an orb of darkness forming in front of him. Thrusting it into the shrubbery, a small squeal was heard. Starly leapt out into Jackson’s view, now even more determined to capture it.

“Alright, try a Curse attack!” he demanded, wanting Gastly to work even harder. With a roll of his eyes, Gastly began glowing a crimson colour. He made a funny sound, almost like he was crying out in pain. Soon Starly did the same, but it was much worse for the bird Pokemon. As soon as the aura surrounding Gastly had vanished, he seemed to sink a bit lower towards the ground. He was tired; he couldn’t many hits from now on. Jackson had to be careful.

Starly began circling through the air, searching for the right place to attack from. Gastly seemed to be slightly confused by his actions, but stood his ground. He wouldn’t move. Then the Starly shot through the air like a bullet, vanishing for a few seconds before striking Gastly with an Aerial Ace. It sounded as if the bird’s beak had pierced Gastly’s body, but he still continued the battle with gritty determination. Sinking even lower, he could barely keep himself in the air. Jackson knew he had to catch the Starly quickly, but it was still too strong.

“Come on, Gastly. You can do this!” Jackson began whimpering, concerned for his Pokemon’s well being. Starly’s wings started glowing a pale white colour. He thrust them at Gastly, having them out-stretched. After the collision, Gastly formed a Shadow Ball without command. It seemed to crackle as he fired it. Shadow Ball didn’t do much, but it was enough to give Jackson a shot at catching Starly. Taking a Pokeball from his backpack, he flung it towards the bird, praying it would stay closed...
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

ASB|URPG

Last edited by Mitsuzo-kun; 08-30-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Code:
READY FOR GRADING - Chapter 1 - Starly - Simple (5-10k) - 7771 characters - 29/8/07
Notes for the grader:

Yes, I know the plot sucks. XP But it will get better as the story progresses.

ASB|URPG

Last edited by Mitsuzo-kun; 08-29-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Legendary Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Legendary Wolf

I'll be grading this story :3.

Introduction: This was fine, although the only thing I have to say here is, how did Jackson act most of the time was he immature? Mature? Fun? Boring? Try to describe this in the detail so its easier for us to understand.

Plot: This was simple for sure it waas for a Starly but fine ;).

Grammar/Spelling: This was fine I saw no problems, unfortunetly :3

Detail: This was fine, I really enjoyed the detail here. ;)

Length: This was fine

Outcome: This was a fine simple mon story so birdy Captured

Sorry for the short grade :3

Last edited by Legendary Wolf; 08-29-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rider View Post
I'll be grading this story :3.

Introduction: This was fine, although the only thing I have to say here is, how did Jackson act most of the time was he immature? Mature? Fun? Boring? Try to describe this in the detail so its easier for us to understand.

Plot: This was simple for sure it waas for a Starly but fine ;).

Grammar/Spelling: This was fine I saw no problems, unfortunetly :3

Detail: This was fine, I really enjoyed the detail here. ;)

Length: This was fine

Outcome: This was a fine simple mon story so birdy Captured

Sorry for the short grade :3
Nah, that's okay. And thanks for doing it so quickly. ^_^

Next chapter will be soon-ish.

ASB|URPG

Old 08-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

][Chapter 2][

As the capture mechanism went dull, Jackson seemed to realise the Starly was his. Slowly stepping across to pick it up, he was very cautious. It almost seemed that he was afraid. Not knowing how capturing worked frightened him. He made a quick grab for the Pokeball, half expecting it to vanish. Once it was within his grasp, his faced lit up with a giant smile.

“Jeez, that was hard!” he laughed, still shaking. Only just noticing that Gastly was on the ground, he raced over to the fallen Pokemon. “Come on, dude, we need to take you back to the Professor’s lab...”

--------------------

“What have you been doing?!” the Professor roared the instant Jackson walked through his door with Gastly in his arms. Jackson looked at the ground, unsure of what to say. He felt so ashamed to have let his Pokemon get this way. A real trainer would have taken better care of his Pokemon, not just let them get into such a critical condition.

“I... I...” he began, but stopped, tears began flooding his eyes. He dropped to his knees, not caring about it hurting. Guilt surged through his body, unable to stop himself crying. Not having been in any of these situations before, Rowan wasn’t sure how to deal with it. His face softened to a gentle frown, and slowly walked across the lab to the distraught child.

“Now, come on,” Rowan attempted to comfort him, unsuccessfully. “What have you been up to, eh?” He tickled him softly, trying to make him laugh. Jackson couldn’t deny him that. Giggling, he reached to his belt. Removing the Pokeball that contained to Starly, he pushed the big, central button. The flash of white light formed the Bird Pokemon, causing the Professor to stumble backwards with disbelief.

“Professor, I... I...” Jackson mumbled, wiping his eyes dry with his sleeve. Rowan was speechless, but proud nonetheless. This young boy had captured a fine looking Starly. This one was strong, he could tell.

“Well,” the Professor began, unsure of what to say to him. He was absolutely livid at the state Gastly was in, but swollen with pride at the Starly. “You sure did a fine job! But the thing is, Gastly looks really bad. We should heal him in the back room.” Jackson nodded with an expressionless face. He had mixed emotions right now.

--------------------

Walking around the garden behind the Professor’s lab, Jackson beamed at the sight of all these Pokemon. All of them happy and healthy, playing joyfully with each other. No signs of fighting, or bullying amongst them. He guessed this was where the Professor kept all of the Pokemon he looked after for other Trainers.

“Star!” something squawked, gliding through the air above him. Starly came and perched himself on his Trainer’s shoulder. Maybe he came to trust Jackson, seeing how strong he was? The whole issue baffled him, but he was just glad that Starly liked him! A small flopping noise interrupted the happy moment as something caught Starly’s attention. He screeched loudly, and flew across the field.

“Wait, Starly, come back!” Jackson cried out behind him as he followed the Bird Pokemon. He ended up beside the lake, watching a small Magikarp flop around on a patch of grass. Starly’s eyes glinted; he must have been hungry. Without warning, he swooped down upon the Fish Pokemon, he wings out-stretched. They glowed a pale white, as he struck the Magikarp with them. The Fish was sent hurtling across the water surface, unable to swim very well. “Starly, leave that Magikarp alone!” Jackson demanded, outraged at how his new Pokemon was acting. Still, Starly kept on attacking.

With his beak thrust forward, he swooped in for an Aerial Ace. Vanishing for a moment, he reappeared just as he pierced the skin of Magikarp’s body. He cried out in pain, the water turning crimson red. The Starly began making some high-pitched sound, almost as if he was laughing at how pathetic the Magikarp was. Enraged by being mocked, he started preparing for a Flail. Glowing a bright red, he flopped high into the air, catching Starly off guard. It seemed a lot stronger, since Magikarp had hardly any energy left to battle. Starly cried out, as the Flail attack knocked him down to the ground.

“Starly, just leave him!” Jackson pleaded, Magikarp losing more blood every second. Starly leapt up, getting ready for the final blow. He knew this would mean a kill, and he would eat well tonight. A droplet of sweat rolled down Jackson’s face, as he knew the only way to save the Magikarp was to catch it. He grabbed for a Pokeball, flinging it at the distraught Fish Pokemon. It wiggled, as Starly’s face turned to a bewildered expression...

ASB|URPG

Last edited by Mitsuzo-kun; 08-30-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Code:
READY FOR GRADING - Chapter 2 - Magikarp - Easy (3-5k) - 4639 characters - 30/8/07

ASB|URPG

Old 08-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Legendary Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Legendary Wolf

Here we go again, wait a sec. No intro grade spot needed here yay. :P.

Plot: Again, this was pretty weak even for a Magikarp. I think there should've been atleast a little more for the flopping fish, but by rules of grading you're fine here regardless of what I say and what I think should be put into for a stupid little fishy story. :P.

Grammr/Spelling: This was the worst of them all. Nothing bad happened, which is bad for me ;_;

Detail: Again as sad as this is I only think that you should describe a bit more about how Jackson felt along this wet cold soggy dangerous story across Sinnoh.

Length: Fine as ever

Battle: This is new, which I enjoyed Starly did everything bad himself nothing from Jackson except "Stop!" or something like that. Good.

Outcome: Why both with this? Magikarp Captured By The Way

Sorry for the short grade again.

Last edited by Legendary Wolf; 08-30-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rider View Post
Here we go again, wait a sec. No intro grade spot needed here yay. :P.

Plot: Again, this was pretty weak even for a Magikarp. I think there should've been atleast a little more for the flopping fish, but by rules of grading you're fine here regardless of what I say and what I think should be put into for a stupid little fishy story. :P.

Grammr/Spelling: This was the worst of them all. Nothing bad happened, which is bad for me ;_;

Detail: Again as sad as this is I only think that you should describe a bit more about how Jackson felt along this wet cold soggy dangerous story across Sinnoh.

Length: Fine as ever

Battle: This is new, which I enjoyed Starly did everything bad himself nothing from Jackson except "Stop!" or something like that. Good.

Outcome: Why both with this? Magikarp Captured By The Way

Sorry for the short grade again.
Thanks! And yes, the plot did suck. It was meant to be that Starly was hungry, and wanted to eat the Magikarp, but I forgot it. But it WILL get better. XP Trust me!

ASB|URPG

Last edited by Mitsuzo-kun; 08-31-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

][Chapter 3][

As the red and white sphere ceased rocking, both Starly and Jackson sighed. The Bird Pokemon was without his mid-morning snack, and Jackson now had a pathetically weak and useless Fish Pokemon.

“Wait,” Jackson interrupted his brain thinking. “If the Professor has it out here, then surely it must belong to someone!” He shook his head in shame. He’d stolen another trainer’s Pokemon. Although, he had done a good job of it. The Professor would be none the wiser if he just left with the Magikarp. “I guess we could bring him with us...” he muttered to himself, but quickly silenced when he noticed the Professor was coming. He quickly hid the Pokeball on his belt, disguising it as an empty one.

“I came over because I thought I heard a few shouts and a bit of a ruckus,” Rowan informed a rather pale looking Jackson. He pulled a doubtful face, now definitely sure this had something to do with Jackson. “Why are you looking so shifty all of a sudden?” he nagged. “Almost like you’re guilty of something...”

“Don’t be absurd!” Jackson glared at him defiantly, sounding very defensive and offended. He had no right to react that way, seeing what he did. He knew this too, and instantly felt sorry for what he said and did. “Um, Professor? Do you think, maybe, I could stay here with you and help look after the Pokemon?” he asked politely, the exact opposite of how he acted a few moments ago. Rowan looked down at the young boy, seeing something special in him. “Just till I get ready to leave,” he continued.

“Well,” Rowan started, but stopped himself when he saw the boy’s face. He desperately wanted to do this; it was visible in his eyes. Taking pity on him, he nodded gently. “I suppose you could help out for a few days...”

--------------------

ASB|URPG

Last edited by Mitsuzo-kun; 09-01-2007 at 12:53 PM.