Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 02-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos
Default The Detective Chronicles

Banner coming soon.

The Detective Chronicles are going to be a series of short stories I will be writing, involving Pokémon. They revolve around down and out Detective Robert Powell. If some words appear different (ie. Color = Colour), it is simply my speech, as I am Australian.

I hope you thoroughly enjoy ^_^

-------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 - Why bother?

"Urgh, another day, why do I bother?".

I always wondered why I become a detective. Handling problems were never my bag. I always had had too many of my own. Life wasn't always like this though. I used to be interested in the game.

That was when I got the phone call. My life was never the same again.

"Hello, is this Robert Powell?"
I heard a woman's voice on the other end.
"Yes, it is, may I ask who is speaking?"
"Oh, my name is Patricia Henderson, I'd like to speak with you privately."

I told her to simply meet me at my office in town. It wasn't far from where she said she lived. I looked at the clock.

"7 AM," I said to myself bitterly. Who rings at 7 AM? More importantly, how did she get my home phone number?

Either way, I needed a companion. I went over to the rack, and picked out my favourite trench coat, I also found my Pokeballs inside. Perfect.

"Come on out Liza."

She was my Umbreon. Completely normal looking in everyway. She had a tuft of fur sticking up on her head, but nothing else. She was very loyal, and was a fantastic companion.

We left the apartment. Normally, I would wait until later in the day, but this women seemed very worried, and I was curious to know how she had gotten my number.

We walked through the streets, into town. The car was at the shop. The sun had only been up for about an hour, so at least it wasn't hot. The glow of Liza's rings began to fade, to match the light.

I reached the front step of the office. I got out the key. It was 8 by now, our opening time. I walked past the receptionist, who was glad to see me.

"Sir, there has been a woman crying in your office. She says she's been here since 7:30, waiting for us to open"

I opened the door. I wasn't prepared for the story I was about to hear...

I'll have another Chapter up soon, maybe over the next 2 days.

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP

Last edited by Thanatos; 02-18-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos
Default Re: The Detective Chronicles

Chapter 2 – Suspicions.

“And that’s my story,” she uttered with a dying voice.

I had been through some tough cases, but this sounded like it was going to be the toughest of all.

“I just can’t believe he would do this, I always respected him. What he’s doing is evil!” She cried.

It definitely sounded evil. My future would now depend on the strength of my Pokemon…and myself.

I had to get involved in the mob. Not just any mob, the Rocket Mob who were a vicious bunch of villains in the world of organized crime. Their origins were in the past, acting as Team Rocket, whose’ evil was known through the Kanto and Johto regions.

Over the past few years, a new generation of Rockets have emerged. They work more in money making, then world domination. We don’t get much of their activity here in Pewter City, because this town hasn’t changed a lot over the past 50 years. However, their base of operations is only a couple of miles south of here, in Viridian City. Viridian used to be a small town, but now it is a vibrant metropolis.

But that doesn’t stop it from being full of crime.

Don’t worry mam, I’ll find out for sure. Remember – Innocent until proven Guilty!

“Thank you Mr. Powell, I will pay you with what I can. I’m not a wealthy woman…” she said quietly.
“My fee isn’t large” I said, thinking that was the exact reason my business was going under, “Simply money for my time, plus certain expenses.”

And with that, she stood up, and left the office.

Following a Rocket, what an ironic concept. I prayed that the boy was not involved, for Patricia seemed utterly worried.

The story she told will become apparant soon. Find out in the next chapter!

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP