Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:40 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default 2007 Pokemon TCG World Championship Winners!

2007 Pokemon TCG World Championship Winners!
-08/28/07-

Here are the results of the 2007 Pokemon TCG World Championships that were held during August 10-12 at Kona, Hawaii:

Masters Division
Champion: Tom Roos (FI) age 18
2nd place: Steffen From (DK) age 18
3rd place: Tsuguyoshi Yamato (JP) age 22
4th place: Yuki Akimura (JP) age 17

Senior Division
Champion: Jeremy Scharff-Kim (US) age 13
2nd place: Akira Miyazaki (JP) age 12
3rd place: Wataru Hasegawa (JP) age 13
4th place: Alexander DeCosta (CA) age 15

Junior Division
Champion: Jun Hasebe (JP) age 7
2nd place: Hiroki Yano (JP) age 11
3rd place: Andrew Choong (AU) age 9
4th place: Paul Atanassov (CA) age 10

For more information, pictures, and video from the event, go to the 2007 Pokemon TCG World Championship mini-site: 2007 Pokemon TCG World Championship Mini-Site

-----

2008 Pokemon TCG World Championships
The 2008 Pokemon TCG World Championships will be held in Orlando, Florida, at the Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort.

-----

PE2K Comment
Quick comment on that group picture of Pikachu and the Diamond/Pearl starters. That's a very rare occasion that you'll see Turtwig live. Why? Well, whoever's in that thing must get on all fours, that's why. It's already difficult to walk in those things using your natural two legs, Turtwig just makes it that more difficult. To illustrate my point more clearly, check out this video: It Ain't Easy Bein' Turtwig. The title of the video explains it all, doesn't it?

With a new invite structure for the 2007 Pokemon TCG World Championships, the tournament field was much smaller compared to previous years and made it a more diverse event as well with many of the players from all over the world. In 2006, roughly 50% of players were from the US. For 2007, about 25% were from the US. No US players placed in the top four in the Masters Division or Junior Division (in 2006, three US players placed in the top four in the Masters Division). And although Japan had less players in the field than the US, it did get two finishes in the top four in all three age divisions, which proved that strength in numbers is not everything. And the champion for the Junior Division is just 7 years old, 7! Very impressive. A big congrats to Jeremy Scharff-Kim who took down the Senior Division for the US. And Tom Roos of Finland will certainly make his country proud, he was the only player in the Masters Division representing Finland.

I didn't attend the event, though I definitely try to attend Pokemon events. It's in Hawaii, which is a great location and plenty there to do. But the downside, it's Hawaii. Flying there and staying there for a couple days... well, let's just say I can't grow money from trees. I did go last year when it was in Anaheim, California, so I know what's it like to be there (two words: controlled chaos). And more recently, I was in Ohio for the 2007 National Championships in July. And soon after that, I was preparing my trip to San Diego for Comic-Con to check out the Pokemon presence there (as well as everything Comic-Con has to offer of course). But yea, definitely wish I could have been there at Worlds, but there's always next year!

-----

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com