Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-30-2007, 08:59 PM
paperfairy's Avatar
paperfairy Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Manchester, Connecticut
Posts: 3,991
Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Battle Tower Problem

Starmie @ Wise Glasses
Modest
Natural Cure
Individual Values: 0/0-3/16-17/31/18-19/30
Effort Values: 6/0/0/252/0/252
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Electabuzz (Electivire) @ Expert Belt
Lonely
Static (Motor Drive)
Individual Values: 30/30/6-7/17-18/18-19/31
Effort Values: 0/198/0/124/0/178
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Punch (Earthquake)
- Cross Chop

Salamence @ Life Orb
Adamant
Intimidate
Individual Values: 19-20/31/4-5/18-19/0-1/31
Effort Values: 6/252/0/0/0/252
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

This is the trio I've entered in the Battle Tower. My steak is 48. The strategy is to deal super effective hits to anything that Starmie faces. If a Pokémon poses a threat to Starmie, Electivire will be switched in to absorb the incoming Electric move, and proceed to sweep. If things are looking bleak, proceed with Salamence, and sweep.

However, this dream team is not working out as planned. Palmer's second team soundly defeated me in our first duel. Heatran was hit with Surf, then quickly eliminated Starmie with Dark Pulse. Salamence used Earthquake, but Cresselia took its fallen comrade's place and after a Calm Mind, proceeded to eliminate Salamence with Psychic. Electabuzz came out, and while it seemed almost won, Cresselia used Moonlight and proceeded with a final Psychic to end our duel. I also took the Wi-Fi Room Challenge, and I was quickly defeated by Latios. Should I go back and re-breed my team until better defenses surface, or should I continue with my current team? If so, would a rearrangment in the distribution of Effort Values prove beneficial?

I am also considering replacing Cross Chop with Brick Break, because those misses have nearly cost me a match. I am also in desperate need of an Electirizer. Send me a private message concerning that.


23:38 08/24/2007
I faced Palmer a second time.

Starmie used Surf!
Heatran used Dark Pulse!
Starmie has 4 HP.
Heatran has 1~ HP.
Starmie used Surf!
Heatran fainted!
Starmie used Surf!
Cresselia used Psychic!
Starmie fainted!
Cresselia restored with Leftovers.
Cresselia has 5/6 HP remaining.
Electabuzz used Thunderbolt!
Cresselia used Moonlight!
Electabuzz and Cresselia are at full HP.
Electabuzz used Thunderbolt!
Cresselia used Calm Mind!
Cresselia restored with Leftovers.
Cresselia has 7/8 HP remaining.
Electabuzz used Ice Punch!
Cresselia used Moonlight!
Electabuzz and Cresselia are at full HP.
Electabuzz used Ice Punch!
Cresselia used Calm Mind!
Cresselia restored with Leftovers.
Cresselia has 14/15 HP remaining.
Electabuzz used Ice Punch! A critical hit!
Cresselia used Psychic!
Electabuzz has 20 HP remaining.
Cresselia has 7/8 HP remaining.
Electabuzz used Ice Punch!
Cresselia used Psychic!
Electabuzz fainted!
Cresselia restored with Leftovers.
Cresselia has 7/8 HP remaining.
Salamence used Dragon Claw!
Cresselia used Psychic!
Cresselia restored with Leftovers.
Cresselia has 1~ HP.
Salamence has 19 HP.
Salamence used Dragon Dance!
Cresselia used Shadow Ball!

I made an error, but had I finished off Cresselia, Regigigas would have surely finished the battle.
__________________
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw
If you've a ready mind
Where those of wit and learning

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-31-2007, 01:45 PM
Stubby Boardman's Avatar
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: central standard time zone
Posts: 3,770
Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman
Default Re: Battle Tower Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
Starmie @ Wise Glasses
Modest
Natural Cure
Individual Values: 0/0-3/16-17/31/18-19/30
Effort Values: 6/0/0/252/0/252
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Electabuzz (Electivire) @ Expert Belt
Lonely
Static (Motor Drive)
Individual Values: 30/30/6-7/17-18/18-19/31
Effort Values: 0/198/0/124/0/178
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Punch (Earthquake)
- Cross Chop

Salamence @ Life Orb
Adamant
Intimidate
Individual Values: 19-20/31/4-5/18-19/0-1/31
Effort Values: 6/252/0/0/0/252
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

This is the trio I've entered in the Battle Tower. My steak is 48. The strategy is to deal super effective hits to anything that Starmie faces. If a Pokémon poses a threat to Starmie, Electivire will be switched in to absorb the incoming Electric move, and proceed to sweep. If things are looking bleak, proceed with Salamence, and sweep.

However, this dream team is not working out as planned. Palmer's second team soundly defeated me in our first duel. Heatran was hit with Surf, then quickly eliminated Starmie with Dark Pulse. Salamence used Earthquake, but Cresselia took its fallen comrade's place and after a Calm Mind, proceeded to eliminate Salamence with Psychic. Electabuzz came out, and while it seemed almost won, Cresselia used Moonlight and proceeded with a final Psychic to end our duel. I also took the Wi-Fi Room Challenge, and I was quickly defeated by Latios. Should I go back and re-breed my team until better defenses surface, or should I continue with my current team? If so, would a rearrangment in the distribution of Effort Values prove beneficial?

I am also considering replacing Cross Chop with Brick Break, because those misses have nearly cost me a match. I am also in desperate need of an Electirizer. Send me a private message concerning that.
i like starmies moveset but if u ever decide to do a double battle i go with water pulse instead of surf. I like water pulse better then surf because it has a chance of confusing.

electivire instead of the lonely nature id have a adament or jolly one ok and get rid of thunder bolt for thunder punch. electivire is a physical move pkmn so go with that and also i know cross chop is really good and if i were u id have a hard time getting rid of the move two but heres a suggetion brick break but cross chop is so much better and i wouldnt give up the punches either so otherwise good electivire.

salamence nothing i can say thats bad but hopefully it will be good enough to pull off a few dragon dance and then itll be a great pkmn.

9/10 overall rating
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-31-2007, 02:51 PM
zukirin Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somwhere out there over the rainbow
Posts: 1,886
Default Re: Battle Tower Problem

Nope Lonely is fine for Electivire. Because it gets walled by Skarmory so it has Thunderbolt and a pretty decent Sp Atk stat to back it up and do much more damage to it than a T. Punch. As for the team. I suggest putting a wall in there, Blissey helped me A LOT. When I faught Palmer the 2nd time Cresselia defeated my 2 first pokemon then Blissey came in and defeated the whole team....
__________________
[FC/Battle Record][Trade Thread]

Refresh the page to see this sig change
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-31-2007, 04:41 PM
PaPeRpLaNe's Avatar
PaPeRpLaNe Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Do you really care?
Posts: 787
Default Re: Battle Tower Problem

Pack a Bulky mon with EQ and Explosion. EQ Heatran and it should faint. Then EQ Cresselia, if you faint it, good, if you can't Explode and finish it.
Then you have 2 good mon's for Regigigas.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
Just buy 20 super potions and 99 timer balls and you will catch it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-31-2007, 06:31 PM
paperfairy's Avatar
paperfairy Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Manchester, Connecticut
Posts: 3,991
Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Re: Battle Tower Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukirin View Post
Nope Lonely is fine for Electivire. Because it gets walled by Skarmory so it has Thunderbolt and a pretty decent Sp Atk stat to back it up and do much more damage to it than a T. Punch. As for the team. I suggest putting a wall in there, Blissey helped me A LOT. When I faught Palmer the 2nd time Cresselia defeated my 2 first pokemon then Blissey came in and defeated the whole team....
Who should be replaced with Blissey? Salamence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPeRpLaNe View Post
Pack a Bulky mon with EQ and Explosion. EQ Heatran and it should faint. Then EQ Cresselia, if you faint it, good, if you can't Explode and finish it.
Then you have 2 good mon's for Regigigas.
Please suggest said Pokemon, and who should be replaced? And while your strategy is great against Palmer, what about the 51 trainers after him?
__________________
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw
If you've a ready mind
Where those of wit and learning

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com