Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 09:30 AM
LS Offline

Default Re: True critical hit ratios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreonandespeon View Post
Will moves like cross poison still get critical hits?
:/ Blaze Kick Slash Cross Poison Night Slash Shadow Claw and all the other moves I forgot will ALWAYS have CH. :l
Old 09-03-2007, 12:21 AM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
This is just a stupid idea. It only promotes hax, and it will make refs ref less.
Which is why we make it a clause, so if someone (say a gym leader) wants the CH clause on, then full critical hits are enabled. Hax, like it or not, is part of the game.

And I really don't see how hard it is to paste the dice roll formula 2 more times every turn. Are you guys so lazy that you don't want to hit Ctrl + V more than you already need to?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by .AzureLight View Post
Which is why we make it a clause, so if someone (say a gym leader) wants the CH clause on, then full critical hits are enabled. Hax, like it or not, is part of the game.

And I really don't see how hard it is to paste the dice roll formula 2 more times every turn. Are you guys so lazy that you don't want to hit Ctrl + V more than you already need to?
Seriously. You have zero credit around here, so stop calling me lazy.

And there's already enough hax out there without critical hits. If you can't win without hax, that's not my problem.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 09-03-2007, 12:42 AM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ball View Post
I agree with Mike and Yami, CH's shouldnt be there, even as a clause. First of all, most refs wouldnt want to roll a dice for each move like that, and second, some n00bs will hax with it and it will just create more flaming, and no Djax, you cant have a strategy against hax, or be more careful about it. Besides, if it is a clause, I doubt many people will use it, and if it will turn out a clause none uses, then whats the point of installing it.
Well, the dice isn't a hard part IMO. Ctrl + V takes about 2 extra seconds.

Secondly, anyone who gets pissed about losing a URPG battle is a sore loser and shouldn't be using the internet to play something that involves losing.

And, if you say what's the point of installing it, then why do we have items like Potions? No one uses them. But they're there just in case someone wants to play with all the elements of the games, and therefore this clause should be added to go along with the logic.

And, who gives a crap about hax or not? Any RPG has hax, it's just one glorious element that can make or break efforts. Sure, it's annoying, but I'm not the one who designed RPGs.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Subside Offline

Send a message via AIM to Subside Send a message via MSN to Subside

Quote:
Originally Posted by .AzureLight View Post
Well, the dice isn't a hard part IMO. Ctrl + V takes about 2 extra seconds.
But imagine the time you would save without the dice roll :P doing at the begining of each move would become monotonous, and who wants that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan
Secondly, anyone who gets pissed about losing a URPG battle is a sore loser and shouldn't be using the internet to play something that involves losing.
I don't get pissed about losing a battle normally, but if it's down to a single Dice roll that I lost, yeah I would be pissed, I was when ST's Rhyperior got a lucky roll with Horn Drill during the tourney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan
And, if you say what's the point of installing it, then why do we have items like Potions? No one uses them. But they're there just in case someone wants to play with all the elements of the games, and therefore this clause should be added to go along with the logic.
If it was that important don't you think it would have been put in when URPG was created?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan
And, who gives a crap about hax or not? Any RPG has hax, it's just one glorious element that can make or break efforts. Sure, it's annoying, but I'm not the one who designed RPGs.
Evidently people do give a crap about hax as your fighting for it and others are against it. Still though, we've done fine without it in the past, why bring it in now?
Old 09-03-2007, 01:04 AM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic_Despair View Post
But imagine the time you would save without the dice roll :P doing at the begining of each move would become monotonous, and who wants that?
Well, a lot about reffing is already monotonus. I'm just proposing this idea because it's been on my mind. Plus, you can always choose to not ref battles with the CH clause.

I don't get pissed about losing a battle normally, but if it's down to a single Dice roll that I lost, yeah I would be pissed, I was when ST's Rhyperior got a lucky roll with Horn Drill during the tourney.
Sore loser. Nah, it is frustrating, but the clause won't usually be used but other people than newbs/noobs. And by the occasional person who is bored and wants to try something new.

If it was that important don't you think it would have been put in when URPG was created?
More than likely not, because they didn't want to make the URPG ultra confusing at first. But now, we have that thread than Mana made, explaining the whole dynamics behind CHs, so it's not complicated/unknown anymore.

Evidently people do give a crap about hax as your fighting for it and others are against it. Still though, we've done fine without it in the past, why bring it in now?
Bring it in as an option. If you hate hax, you don't need to ever use this clause. Kind of like how I never battle with hold items.
My replies are in bold.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Subside Offline

Send a message via AIM to Subside Send a message via MSN to Subside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan
but the clause won't usually be used but other people than newbs/noobs.
If it won't usually be used, why the hell have it, and lets face it, newbs have enough trouble understanding all the rules as is it, why confuse them more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan
Bring it in as an option. If you hate hax, you don't need to ever use this clause.
You say that, but refs won't really have a choice, once your roped into reffing, and the participants throw that down, you have to do it, so its not really an option for some.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:17 AM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic_Despair View Post
If it won't usually be used, why the hell have it, and lets face it, newbs have enough trouble understanding all the rules as is it, why confuse them more?
Ugh... I mean by newbs... I simply meant the people I'm not familiar with. I really need to simply start calling them members.

You say that, but refs won't really have a choice, once your roped into reffing, and the participants throw that down, you have to do it, so its not really an option for some.
Not true. A lot of people adapt to what the ref wants to ref, since it's already a pain to just get a ref to ref a battle. There's been many times where I've told my combatants the change the rules because I didn't feel up to reffing that particular rule set (usually weather related). It's not like you even HAVE to ref that battle anyways. I mean, how many of us refs just refuse to ref just because we don't feel like it?
My post is over 1 character.

Last edited by .AzureLight; 09-03-2007 at 02:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:53 AM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon

Well if we just go by the base %. It may make things a bit less common. aka rolling 1d100 instead of 1d16 as Mugila suggested. Most Pokemon would only have a 6 percent chance to critical that way. If you ever tried to get a pick up you know that is not common. Thus, you could just roll to hit every time and if it hits that sweet spot boom it is a critical hit.

0. 6%
1. 13%
2. 25%
3. 33%
4. 50%

I do believe if anything Farfetched needs his stick. Cause Pikachu has his ball and Marowak has his club. Thus Farfetched's stick increases his critical hit ratio by 2. Thus all his moves have a chance to critical.

Thus: Stick: 25% chance to Critical Hit anything with any move. 50% Chance to Critical hit anything with an improved Critical Hit Move like Slash. Wow

I like it if you roll a d100 a little less common IMOP. Than 1d16
Old 09-04-2007, 05:48 AM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
Awesome Lan, glad to see you back, just behave :p

As far as critical hits.... I've adocated for them since I started reffing, that said, I really don't mind which way the URPG goes on this.

~Isaiah
I also don't care which way. I would enjoy getting them in battle and I have no problem with changing my roll to //roll-dice2-sides100, the second dice being the critical hit roll and the first being accuracy(if needed).

I don't mind reffing it, I'd enjoy battlling with it, but I don't care which way it goes. =P

Small Edit: It would also help with abilities such as Sniper, which are pretty useless in the URPG right now.

Bigger Edit: Having read through more of this, I think Mike, Ball, and Phil are just afraid of being haxed. I do feel like I'm on the losing side, though. I prefer it, personally, it's been the small decider of battles. If you can't be a good sport even though you lost due to hax then get off the URPG I say.

Last edited by Smurf; 09-05-2007 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
I do believe if anything Farfetched needs his stick. Cause Pikachu has his ball and Marowak has his club. Thus Farfetched's stick increases his critical hit ratio by 2. Thus all his moves have a chance to critical.
We have the Scope Lens for Critical Hits, that's why I didn't add the Stick.

On topic: There are some very valid against ideas here. I too don't see true CH's very necessary... granted you might be fine with the extra calculations... and we could do a clause... but the system is fine the way it is right now.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 09-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post

We have the Scope Lens for Critical Hits, that's why I didn't add the Stick.

On topic: There are some very valid against ideas here. I too don't see true CH's very necessary... granted you might be fine with the extra calculations... and we could do a clause... but the system is fine the way it is right now.

~Jack~
Farfetche'd Stick is special to him it adds 2 the ratio instead of one though.

Plus the Razor Claw is special as when you toss it with fling it deals more damage than a scope lens.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
Farfetche'd Stick is special to him it adds 2 the ratio instead of one though.

Plus the Razor Claw is special as when you toss it with fling it deals more damage than a scope lens.
RPG, before making any suggestion, I suggest you to have some URPG experience more. A friendly suggestion.

Honestly, I've never seen a farfetch'd in URPG, so why are you arguing on his stick?

However, Razor Fang and Grip Claw should be added as held item, but they're DP, so you may be planning on adding them.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.

Last edited by DarkGardevoir; 09-05-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
RPG, before making any suggestion, I suggest you to have some URPG experience more. A friendly suggestion.

Honestly, I've never seen a farfetch'd in URPG, so why are you arguing on his stick?
XD

I want one, though. They aren't in the mart, are they?

*Looks at mart, then at the Story section to see the category*
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by djax94 View Post
XD

I want one, though. They aren't in the mart, are they?

*Looks at mart, then at the Story section to see the category*
as it seems, it's a story guy. And not even that hard! It's just in Hard. Too bad they didn't make him an evolution in DP, it would've been cool

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Closed Thread