Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:37 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Rukario or Lucario? Official Site May Have Solved Mystery!

Rukario or Lucario? Official Site May Have Solved Mystery!
-02/14/05-

Since Rukario have been revealed in Coro Coro, there has been a lot of talk whether the names would transfer to Romanization as "Rukario" or "Lucario." Although both could be correct, it's a matter which one will be used. We may now have that answer.

The official Japanese website for the 8th Pokemon movie has been updated with the new Pokemon's silhouette (the same one we have seen already). You can visit the page here: http://www.pokemon2005.jp/movie/index.html .The filename of the image for the new Pokemon is named "rukario.gif".

Although this is just a name of a file, we should assume that Rukario will be the name unless official sources state otherwise.

Movie Logo With Rukario
Also updated on the website, is the the movie's title grouped with Rukario name (Rukario's name is the Japanese characters in a blue outline). The Japanese text on the website teases and asks will this Rukario Pokemon turn out to be the "wave guiding hero" as mentioned in the title of the movie, "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero." This was also mentioned in the Coro Coro magazine. Somehow, I think that gives it away already.

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 02-16-2005, 03:00 AM
Meowth346 Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Rukario or Lucario? Official Site May Have Solved Mystery!

As soon as the official site went up, the first thing I did was to look at that image's filename, as well. Keep in mind that the people working on this site are probably in contact more with the anime writers than with Game Freak, if with Game Freak at all. Game Freak, on the other hand, has applied to trademark "Lucario", as seen in Japan's trademark database.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:10 AM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

Wow this is interesting news I think that the Rukario name sounds better then Lucario.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:17 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowth346
As soon as the official site went up, the first thing I did was to look at that image's filename, as well. Keep in mind that the people working on this site are probably in contact more with the anime writers than with Game Freak, if with Game Freak at all. Game Freak, on the other hand, has applied to trademark "Lucario", as seen in Japan's trademark database.
Yea, I agree, I made sure to stress that it's just a filename of an image. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith
Wow this is interesting news I think that the Rukario name sounds better then Lucario.
lol, well, they're pretty similar, so I could go either way.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Honestly guys, I really doubt that it matters. The English name is most likely going to be different anyway.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Yes, it won't matter, but the chances of the filename giving us the answer are slim. For example, Gundam SEED Characters have official names such as Athrun, Lacus, Cagalli, etc, while the picture filenames on the Gundam SEED website are their romanizations; Asuran, Rakusu, and Kagari. If other sites use the romanization in filenames, it's possible for this too, so there's no real way as of yet to find its true name via images. The fact Game Freak registered Lucario is pretty much in itself the answer at any rate.

I do hope though that they keep Rukario.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist

Last edited by Zenaku; 02-16-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Yeah, my guess is something like "Wavelax"
Old 02-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch
Yeah, my guess is something like "Wavelax"
If it's a Mewtwo-look-a-like then they'll probably go with Mewthree, if we're lucky.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 02-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

How very imaginative. That's probably not far off at all though. Who comes up with the English language version names anyway, Nintendo? Or some game freak employee's little sister?!
Old 02-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I think who ever comes up with the American names should be fired, there getting less and less creative each character . In the 2 different names they named, I can't explain the c for k but, remember that in Japan L's are R's (one of my favorites, "a Japanese camera goes CRICK" ). Personally, I DON'T wont a Mewthree, or Pokemon fusion! Those things are for fans ONLY !
Old 02-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Actually, a fusion would be cool. And it's going to be Rukario I bet.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno mystery
I think who ever comes up with the American names should be fired, there getting less and less creative each character . In the 2 different names they named, I can't explain the c for k but, remember that in Japan L's are R's (one of my favorites, "a Japanese camera goes CRICK" ). Personally, I DON'T wont a Mewthree, or Pokemon fusion! Those things are for fans ONLY !
Actually, a Japanese Camera would more likely go "Kurikku", or something to that effect. :P

And Marco, the fact that Game freak registered Lucario pretty much explains that that is how it will be. A lot of Pokemons Japanese names are like that, for example "Rizaadon" (Charizard) is actually "Lizardon", and "Sutoraiku" (Scyther) is "Strike".

Old 02-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Water Master Offline
Experienced Trainer

I am all confused with this is this about Rukario

Level 100 @ 300

Water Pokemon Rule All!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 01:33 AM
RAQUAZA Offline
Experienced Trainer

Post Re: Rukario or Lucario? Official Site May Have Solved Mystery!

"Rukario" yeah that name is cool