Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:22 AM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default A New WAR Addition

I'm very familiar with the Battling Center here, and I've run quite a lot of things in it. But, I have a new idea. I believe that Pokemon Wifi battling should be in the next war. Just an opinion, I'd like to get other viewpoints though.

-Not everyone has Wifi and Pkmn DP :l
Old 09-09-2007, 03:32 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: A New WAR Addition

That is a good idea, but it would be difficult to report all those batttles, as people could lie. <_< On the forum, theres defenitive proof of what hapens, that can't happen on D/P.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:43 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Skarmory View Post
I'm very familiar with the Battling Center here, and I've run quite a lot of things in it. But, I have a new idea. I believe that Pokemon Wifi battling should be in the next war. Just an opinion, I'd like to get other viewpoints though.

It is an intresting idea and I would like to see it happen but there are a few things that have to be tied up so it can be done. Stil like Marco said the repoting system would be base on the honor system which can be flaw due to human error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Skarmory View Post

-Not everyone has Wifi and Pkmn DP :l
Not everybody has PhotoShop but still banner making is still a thing in WAR. I see no difference. So that reason is no reason why WiFi shouldn't be a catagory in WAR.

I am for it but there are things that have to be tied up which basically needs to be decided to who ever is the judge/in-charge of WiFi battling (if it is allow) during the next WAR season.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:35 PM
~Falcon~ Offline

Send a message via AIM to ~Falcon~

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizard_mike View Post
Not everybody has PhotoShop but still banner making is still a thing in WAR. I see no difference. So that reason is no reason why WiFi shouldn't be a catagory in WAR.
But in this comparison your point fails. Everyone has access to gimp which is a banner maing program that is free and down loadable. And if they dont feel like getting gimp, then they could attempt it on paint. And if you go and say "well gimp isnt as good as photoshop" then go bac and look at some of the results of the graphics section, cause I use gimp. :P
Old 09-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Wifi was suggested for War VI and turned down by myself and Marth.

First off, not everyone has DP. The game costs, the system costs, etc.

The reporting was mentioned.

It's easy to cheat in a game like that. Hence, look how many people you have talking about trading hacked Pokemon. Now, if you want to use whatever Pokemon you can find, then use Netbattle ... But then there are the people who work hard on getting and training them (which should be all that should be used in a WAR DP battle) but then someone brings in a hacked lvl 100 they didn't try for ... not so fair. And there's no way to tell.

So yeah, it won't work.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 09-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

It will when I'm running WAR VII :P
Old 09-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

I never participate in WAR, but i'd advise you against using wi-fi, as it'd take a long time to arrange the battle and perform it, and it can also be cheated with ease. Instead, you could use Shoddybattle, which is essentially the NB for D/P
Old 09-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
It will when I'm running WAR VII :P
No, no, not you! ;_;

And it honestly wouldn't work, since everyone knows there will be cheating in some form.