Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 03-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Scorch Ry's Avatar
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The Muds of Pastoria City
Posts: 1,864
Send a message via AIM to Scorch Ry
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

Rukario seems to be a Dark/Psychic or Dark/Ice, since that attack seems to be a dark/ice or dark/psychic attack. It it one of three of those elements, therefore, he/she would have to be one of those types.
__________________
RESTARTED POKEMON PEARL.

GAME DATA & ANALYSIS COMING VERY SOON.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-05-2005, 06:34 PM
sdp's Avatar
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 129
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

I like him a lot, i also like that somehow mew(1st gen) and rukairo(4th gen) are linked linkin the generations :D

I loved the trailer but always the PKMN trailer are way cooler than the movies, sad but true. I really hoped it was a mew only movie but oh well. Weird that we didn't see the regis in the trailer though..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Shiloh792 Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere over the rainbowwwwwwwwww
Posts: 1
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

I don't think Rukario is dark. In one of the trailer pictures, all of it is concealed except for its blue outline. And psychic attacks are usually more purple. Maybe I'm being a dreamer, but I think Rukario might be a Light-type.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Jessu's Avatar
Jessu Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 3,088
Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

Weee!! I'm gonna take a pic of Rukario and turn it into a sprite! I fell in love wif him! ^^ o.o
__________________


kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.


| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Samus Aran's Avatar
Samus Aran Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: On my gunship
Posts: 2,402
Send a message via AIM to Samus Aran Send a message via Yahoo to Samus Aran Send a message via Skype™ to Samus Aran
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

yah... what is with the clothes... looks like the middle ages...

The new poke looks coolio!

but the clothes....

and about mew... I thought it could trun into ANY pokemon that it wanted... it CAN know trasform
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-05-2005, 08:49 PM
thepokingmaster123's Avatar
thepokingmaster123 Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In the air around you; Look around
Posts: 446
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

umm, FYI, guys...

The attack that Rukario is using is Psyburn (like someone said). If you want to see it in a show, rent the first movie, and watch the main fight of Mew vs. Mew2. If you are too stupid to notice, it is the attack that turns ash to stone when the two of them collide.

About the type; I say pure psychic (due to the attack). After all, since so far only mew and mew2 were the only 2 pokes who use psyburn, I say the three are related, and since both mews are pure psychic, why not Rukario?
__________________

Thanx thantos for the banner

Salemence
Level 100 @ 518 Posts


http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ead.php?t=8167
I am TheGreatMenotic here
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Zenaku's Avatar
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: B'ham, England
Posts: 2,137
Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
And I don't know why people are considering it a male when we aren't sure of it yet.
When you watch Japanese Anime, you can easily tell the difference between Male and Female voices, regardless of Voice Actor Gender; Lucario is definately male, just like Mewtwo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch Ry
Rukario seems to be a Dark/Psychic or Dark/Ice, since that attack seems to be a dark/ice or dark/psychic attack. It it one of three of those elements, therefore, he/she would have to be one of those types.
It cannot be Dark/Ice because of its Psychic abilities (Telepathy [Communication], and telekinisis [He can levitate]).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh792
I don't think Rukario is dark. In one of the trailer pictures, all of it is concealed except for its blue outline. And psychic attacks are usually more purple. Maybe I'm being a dreamer, but I think Rukario might be a Light-type.
If I remember correctly, Mewtwos psychic powers in the first movie were depicted with a blue glow. Psychic abilities can be any colour, and I doubt Lucario being surrounded by darkness with just his psychic powers showing would point anyone to believing he is a Light-type; the Trailer, and Lucarios design, both point to Dark, and obviously Psychic. We can't be sure of his type altgether but with the evidence provided, a Dark/Psychic type seems most plausable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran
yah... what is with the clothes... looks like the middle ages...

The new poke looks coolio!

but the clothes....

and about mew... I thought it could trun into ANY pokemon that it wanted... it CAN know trasform
Ash and co wear those clothes during the tournament/competition to decide the Hero. Since they're wearing normal clothes later in the trailer, I'd assume the new clothes are only temporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepokingmaster123
umm, FYI, guys...

The attack that Rukario is using is Psyburn (like someone said). If you want to see it in a show, rent the first movie, and watch the main fight of Mew vs. Mew2. If you are too stupid to notice, it is the attack that turns ash to stone when the two of them collide.

About the type; I say pure psychic (due to the attack). After all, since so far only mew and mew2 were the only 2 pokes who use psyburn, I say the three are related, and since both mews are pure psychic, why not Rukario?
I checked a Pokedex and the move "Psyburn" doesn't exist. Is that its real name? Anyway, as for type, yes it can be pure Psychic, however that wouldn't give it much of an advantage over the all-powerful Mew, not to mention pure Psychic is too overdone (Mew, Mewtwo, Deoxys).
__________________


As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Tidus24's Avatar
Tidus24 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Zanarkand
Posts: 819
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

The Psyburn doesn't exist in the game, but in Pokemon TCG exists.
As you can see in this promo card from the 1st Movie:

And


And Mewtwo, besides having a male voice in the movie, he's genderless, if Rukario is a legendary too, so will be a genderless too.
__________________
http://www.blastedmechanism.com/
Simply sexy gorgeous- Nadia/IIO


Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Zenaku's Avatar
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: B'ham, England
Posts: 2,137
Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidus24
The Psyburn doesn't exist in the game, but in Pokemon TCG exists.
As you can see in this promo card from the 1st Movie:

And


And Mewtwo, besides having a male voice in the movie, he's genderless, if Rukario is a legendary too, so will be a genderless too.
I see. Of course, that doesn't mean the attack Mewtwo uses in the Movie is Psyburn.

And Jirachi is Genderless, but it's reffered to as "he" in the 6th Movie, much like how Mew is reffered to as "she" by everyone. Just because they're genderless in the games doesn't make it so in the anime: if female humans didn't exist, then humans too would be considered "genderless". e.g. Latios and Latias are two different genders of the same species, which is why they have genders; other legendaries have only one variation, classing them as "genderless", however that does not mean they don't resemble a human gender in personality and the way they act (i.e. Voice, how they act towards certain people).

The point is, every Legendary can be classed as "Male" or "Female", as long as the classification follows human terms: Lucario has a male voice in human terms, making it - theoretically - male.

Not sure if anyone gets this, but eh.
__________________


As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Tidus24's Avatar
Tidus24 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Zanarkand
Posts: 819
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

The attack could be Shadow Ball also. But Shadow ball is normally a black ball of energy, not pink like Mew's or blue like Mewtwo and Rukario. Your saying if Rukario has a male voice in the trailer, so he's a male, but since, it doesn't exist a female Rukario, so for that reason is considered genderless, is that your point Kamon?
__________________
http://www.blastedmechanism.com/
Simply sexy gorgeous- Nadia/IIO


Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Jessu's Avatar
Jessu Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 3,088
Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

All that talk and stuff is hurting my brain... @.@

Right now, I'm modifying a pic of Rukario. I'll post it in my thread sometime soon.
__________________


kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.


| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-05-2005, 10:14 PM
MystiKal's Avatar
MystiKal Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 6,140
Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

I love the look of Rukario I hope it's a Ice type.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Zenaku's Avatar
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: B'ham, England
Posts: 2,137
Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidus24
The attack could be Shadow Ball also. But Shadow ball is normally a black ball of energy, not pink like Mew's or blue like Mewtwo and Rukario. Your saying if Rukario has a male voice in the trailer, so he's a male, but since, it doesn't exist a female Rukario, so for that reason is considered genderless, is that your point Kamon?
Yeah, pretty much. Latios is only a male because Latias exists, for example, but even if Latias didn't exist (Making Latios genderless) people in the anime world would still class Latios as a he. After all, if Legendaries in the anime didn't have genders then what about that baby Lugia? Anime and game world are seperate.

Personally, VT, I hope Lucario isn't Ice. It's almost a fact that it's at least part Psychic, so I hope its second type (If it has one) is the type the trailer seems to point towards; Dark.
__________________


As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-06-2005, 04:00 AM
Neptune's Disciple's Avatar
Neptune's Disciple Offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Strayamate
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

I must admit, it looks completely different to what I thought it would, but it still looks awesome, and the games probably won't be out in aus for about another 8 months after the Americans get em...lucky
__________________

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 03-06-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-06-2005, 04:18 AM
NuclearUmbreon's Avatar
NuclearUmbreon Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 217
Send a message via AIM to NuclearUmbreon
Lightbulb Re: Rukario Revealed!

The reasons the legendarys are genderless in the games is because they dont want you breeding them, and stuff..... the magnemites i can understad and those but the legendarys actually have genders.....(not in the games though)
__________________

"ive got something on my tail! what is it? OH NO!" KABAMM *you just got pwned by nintendo!*
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com