Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl
Default Reviewing policy

I admit that it's good to receive praise. However, there are SOME people out there who like to go overboard and just praise everything in sight (myself included, I'll admit). You can't just go around saying "I like your story! Can't wait for more!" to everything you see. You are giving the authors a rather false sense of confidence if you don't point out the BAD points as well as the good.

Now, there are some authors who give good reviews (Dr. Skottie is a good example), which point out what is good about the story AND how the story can be better. And, no, a review doesn't have to be three paragraphs long. Just don't make it "I love this story! I can't wait for the rest". If you like the story, TELL WHY. If you think the author can improve, TELL HOW. Anyone who gives a review that is something along the lines of "The fic is good" without a reason WILL BE GIVEN THIS LINK TO READ OVER.

Seriously, if you get worthless praise like that and you try to post it at sites like Serebii and PokeCommunity, guess what? You will NOT get the same "respect" as you do here.

All I'm saying is POINT OUT FLAWS AS WELL AS GOOD POINTS!!!!! The last thing we need is spoiled authors with extremely low standards breeding from here (although that is pretty much happening...to me, at least).

Sorry for the caps, but I needed to get my point across.

Last edited by Hoenn Mirror Girl; 03-08-2005 at 02:36 AM.
Closed Thread