Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:11 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pokemon Emerald Frontier Battle Contest!

Pokemon Emerald Frontier Battle Contest!
-03/09/05-

Over at Pokemon-Games.com, the official site for the Pokemon games, they're holding a contest called Pokemon Emerald Frontier Battle. You can view the details and rules at the official site: http://emerald.pokemon-games.com/battle/index.jsp

Round One (initial entry and Recognition Challenge): Starting at 12:01 AM Pacific Time on March 15, 2005 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on March 31, 2005 (“Round One Deadline”), go to http://www.pokemon-games.com/emerald/. Fill out the contest entry form completely and take the Round One Pokémon Recognition Challenge. Participants can only take the Recognition Challenge one time. The Recognition Challenge will be timed to at least 1/100th of a second. Those eight (8) participatants that complete the Recognition Challenge the fastest in their region (listed below) will receive a Round One Prize and will move on to Round Two.

Round Two (online Pokémon Battle): Starting at 12:01 AM Pacific Time on April 14, 2005 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time April 14, 2005 (“Round Two Deadline”), eligible participants will be given the chance to take the first of two mock Pokémon battles which will be located at http://www.pokemon-games.com/emerald/. During the mock battle, a Pokémon will appear on the screen, and the participant will have to select the best Pokémon type to counter the initial Pokémon that appeared on the screen. This mock Pokémon battle will be timed to at least 1/100th of a second. Participants can only participate in the mock Pokémon battle one time. Those four (4) participants that complete the mock Pokémon battle the fastest in their region (listed below) will receive a Round Two Prize and will move on to Round Three.

Round Three (online Pokémon Battle): Starting at 12:01 AM Pacific Time on April 19, 2005 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on April 19, 2005 (“Round Three Deadline”), eligible participants will be given the chance to take the second mock Pokémon Battle located at http://www.pokemon-games.com/emerald/. The format of this second Pokémon Battle is the same as the first. Please see “Round Two” above for details. This mock Pokémon Battle will be timed to at least 1/100th of a second. Eligible participants can only participate in the second mock Pokémon battle one time. Those two (2) participants that complete this mock Pokémon Battle the fastest in their region (listed below) will receive a Round Three Prize and will move on to the Final Round.

Final Round (“Battle in Seattle”): Once the final 14 participants have received their copy of Pokémon Emerald, they should start playing to create a strong team to use during the tournament, to be held at the Space Needle, located in the Seattle Center in downtown Seattle, Washington on April 30, 2005. During the final Battle in Seattle tournament, participants will battle each other using the teams they have built up until there is one winner left. The winner of the Battle in Seattle Final Round will receive a trip for two (2) to Japan to visit the PokéPark theme park located in Nagoya, Japan.

Related Links
Pokemon Emerald

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 03-10-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Pharaoh Atem Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon Emerald Frontier Battle Contest!

Cool. I'll enter. And living in Seattle, it'll be easy for me to get to the Space Needle, as I see it just about every week. Of course, I might not make it that far, but I can still go and watch.

Ugh...My lowly subjects are annoying me...
Old 03-09-2005, 11:30 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Oh man! I'll never get to Seattle! =( No fair! Oh well, I'll find a way.

And, that's not enough time to train! Looks like I'd better start now!

-PF

Thoughts: =(

EDIT: I'm confused. So Round 1 is a quiz, and the rest are Pokemon Battles?

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3

Last edited by paperfairy; 03-09-2005 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:27 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy
Oh man! I'll never get to Seattle! =( No fair! Oh well, I'll find a way.

And, that's not enough time to train! Looks like I'd better start now!

-PF

Thoughts: =(

EDIT: I'm confused. So Round 1 is a quiz, and the rest are Pokemon Battles?
All of it is explained in the rules page: http://emerald.pokemon-games.com/battle/rules/ I used edited this in the news now to make it more clear:

Round One (initial entry and Recognition Challenge): Starting at 12:01 AM Pacific Time on March 15, 2005 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on March 31, 2005 (“Round One Deadline”), go to http://www.pokemon-games.com/emerald/. Fill out the contest entry form completely and take the Round One Pokémon Recognition Challenge. Participants can only take the Recognition Challenge one time. The Recognition Challenge will be timed to at least 1/100th of a second. Those eight (8) participatants that complete the Recognition Challenge the fastest in their region (listed below) will receive a Round One Prize and will move on to Round Two.

Round Two (online Pokémon Battle): Starting at 12:01 AM Pacific Time on April 14, 2005 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time April 14, 2005 (“Round Two Deadline”), eligible participants will be given the chance to take the first of two mock Pokémon battles which will be located at http://www.pokemon-games.com/emerald/. During the mock battle, a Pokémon will appear on the screen, and the participant will have to select the best Pokémon type to counter the initial Pokémon that appeared on the screen. This mock Pokémon battle will be timed to at least 1/100th of a second. Participants can only participate in the mock Pokémon battle one time. Those four (4) participants that complete the mock Pokémon battle the fastest in their region (listed below) will receive a Round Two Prize and will move on to Round Three.

Round Three (online Pokémon Battle): Starting at 12:01 AM Pacific Time on April 19, 2005 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on April 19, 2005 (“Round Three Deadline”), eligible participants will be given the chance to take the second mock Pokémon Battle located at http://www.pokemon-games.com/emerald/. The format of this second Pokémon Battle is the same as the first. Please see “Round Two” above for details. This mock Pokémon Battle will be timed to at least 1/100th of a second. Eligible participants can only participate in the second mock Pokémon battle one time. Those two (2) participants that complete this mock Pokémon Battle the fastest in their region (listed below) will receive a Round Three Prize and will move on to the Final Round.

Final Round (“Battle in Seattle”): Once the final 14 participants have received their copy of Pokémon Emerald, they should start playing to create a strong team to use during the tournament, to be held at the Space Needle, located in the Seattle Center in downtown Seattle, Washington on April 30, 2005. During the final Battle in Seattle tournament, participants will battle each other using the teams they have built up until there is one winner left. The winner of the Battle in Seattle Final Round will receive a trip for two (2) to Japan to visit the PokéPark theme park located in Nagoya, Japan.

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 03-10-2005 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:29 AM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight

I'd love to enter in this... I'd pwn!

^ Me, the Strategist...
Old 03-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

My cloned Master Water team will OWN! I must win... Now I need to preorder Emerald...
Old 03-10-2005, 01:30 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

I'm screwed. Sucky-slow internet connections around here. At least the ones I have access to other than this one (T3).

So anything "timed" stinks unless they download an applet and then return the scores from the applet -- of course then everybody on dsl will be returning scores while I'm still downloading the applet...

Ugh. Well, at least I get to go to events in the midwest...

Its to bad it has to work this way, biased in favor of fast connections. Poor people who have to use AOHell on top of slow connections!

With the way their sites often work, they will refuse to recognize a percentage of people who actually do have correct plugins loaded too. You can bet it's going to be written in flash

Old 03-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Absolkid Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Absolkid

I'd never be able to go to Seattle, except if you can get free plane tickets to the US But I really want to go to the PokePark in Japan. So I'll just get updates of what's happening

Absol, Jirachi, Suicune

Mood:

Happy, because it's my birthday yesterday! PM me if you wanna wish me happy birthday!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun

Gah, stupid Britain, can't do anything from over here... stupid tiny rock...

Ah well, at least I can still buy Emerald once it's released, XP

Either way, this sounds like a nifty thing.