Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 03-12-2005, 09:27 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal
Default Pokemon XD

Looks like Pokemon XD is just going to be a roleplaying game.

GN CUBE had a chat with Reggie Fils-Aimes about Mario 128 and the company's E3 focus. In said interview, the question "What is Pokemon XD was asked" - this is how Reggie replied

"Pokemon XD is a brand new Pokemon game for GameCube. It's a true RPG Pokemon. It's isn't a sequel to Collosseum. It's a brand new build. A brand new game that really plays off the RPG aspects. So think of it this way. If you loved Ruby and Sapphire, you're going to love Pokemon XD for GameCube."

With the developers of Final Fantasy : Crystal Cronicles rumored to be involved, we should be excited to hear more about this at E3.

Last edited by MystiKal; 03-12-2005 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:40 PM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000
Default Re: Pokemon XD

I remember how dissapointed I was when Collosseum turned out to be so different from the gameboy versions, so I'm a bit hesitant to start getting excited about this. It would be so awesome if it was a real 3D version of Pokemon, and they hinting much more to suggest that's what it is, so I hope this is truely what we're all hoping it is.

Level 100 at 632
Old 03-12-2005, 09:46 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

You didn't like the RPG in Collosseum I thought it was wonderful.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Colleseum was a letdown, I hope this is better.

Pokemon "XD"...lol
Old 03-12-2005, 11:38 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Lol I know that XD has to stand for something I wonder what it means.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:57 AM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000

Oh no, I liked Collosseum - I had just set my expectations too high thinking it was going to be a full gameboy-like RPG (as in a 3D Ruby). I may have been disappointed, but I still enjoyed it a lot ^^

Level 100 at 632
Old 03-13-2005, 01:12 AM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight

It looks good! The name... XD

Pokémon XD, XD
Old 03-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Why must people continuously compare Colosseum to the GBA games? Hell, I'm surprised nobody's critisized Pokemon Dash for not being like the normal Pokemon games.

Colosseum was specifically designed to allow players to catch Pokemon not included in the GBA games; nothing more. So it didn't have Gyms, badges, or even wild Pokemon: Colosseum was a great game in its own right, and people have to stop critisizing it just because it's different.

Regardless of Colosseum, PXD is strange. It seems everything's pointing to a "US Release" this year. How the hell? The only screenshots (If they're even for PXD) are Japanese; could this mean the Japanese and English releases are going to be happening around the same time?

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 03-13-2005, 05:35 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Yeah that would be awesome I just hope that this time around the RPG is longer.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via AIM to Nefarious

Sounds pretty cool since I loved Ruby and Sapphire which they are comparing it too. Colloseum was cool too but was kind of a short game imo. Well I just hope XD is much better.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:10 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

I'm sure it will be since the people who made Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles is help making it.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Rukario the wave guiding Offline
New Trainer

What is Pokemon XD anyways? Is it like the ruby and sappire games? As in you do all sorts of tasks and battle trainers, leaders, etc? Hmm...
Quote:
Why must people continuously compare Colosseum to the GBA games? Hell, I'm surprised nobody's critisized Pokemon Dash for not being like the normal Pokemon games.
Yah,you have a point. Anyways Happy St.Patric's day! *pinches people not wearing green*
Old 03-18-2005, 01:30 AM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Well we dont know exactly what Pokemon XD will be like but the hint that they give us is that if we liked Ruby and Sapphire we were gonna like this game.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:13 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Well, what I am trying to keep in mind as I wait for XD is that even though they are saying it is going to be a RPG, it still may not be one in the 'just like the gameboy games' sort of way.

How I see it, even if XD is not totally 'pokemon as we know it' if I want to play just the gamboy games on my gamecube that is what my Gameboy Player is for . So, true RPG or not, I still come out okay..

*Note to self: Must buy XD. And Pearl. And Pokemon Dash. And a DS. Darn it, goodbye spending money *

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 03-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamon
Colosseum was a great game in its own right, and people have to stop critisizing it just because it's different.
I agree. It's the same thing with G Gundam, which will always be doomed as the least popular Gundam series...just because it's different from all the other series. (it's my FAVE Gundam series)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biozone
I'm sure it will be since the people who made Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles is help making it.
...you mean SQUARE-ENIX!? o_O
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.