Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 03-14-2004, 01:41 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Today's episode: Brock gets Mudkip

I was disappointed to see:

I was wrong on May's age, she is definately 10 years old to come up with a 'child's game', but still wish she didn't have the 13 year old body, intimidating. Then she uses Silcoon to climb up the cliff, which is illogical for material to support a girl with her weight if string is like web.

The old man, boy oh boy, he made no sense whatsoever! Telling something like 'You're not suppose to know this, but I'm going to tell you anyway...' sheesh, what was up with that monologue? He actually wanted somebody to break the dam?! Boy, glad he isn't a forest ranger!

That was the worse Team Rocket invention ever. That is a good storyline of depressed economy with Team Rocket as that is what a lowly salary gets you, recycled junk that makes no sense in a storyline.

But the only thing to save this story from a bad number:
I like Mudkip and the babies, they were so cute
I loved Brock's heroism
Brock got a Mudkip, he deserved it, and thus, officially on Pokemon Hoenn, we have now completed our STarting Pokemon kit with Torchic to May, Treecko to Ash, and Mudkip to Brock.

7 out of 10.
Please stop the running jokes on May, MIsty got more respect then this! May as well have Kurt Angle as an uncle to May and Max.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:45 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Today's episode: Brock gets Mudkip

Igive it a 6/10. I liked how Brock saved the Mudkip and all but everything else was crap.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:48 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco
Igive it a 6/10. I liked how Brock saved the Mudkip and all but everything else was crap.
I agree, that was perhaps the most disappointing Hoenn episode, with exception to saving Mudkip and Brock getting it. I felt like when I saw May back to being the goofy one! Boy, how can the characters watch May act like that and do nothing is beyond me.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Pokemon World Mazter Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon World Mazter Send a message via MSN to Pokemon World Mazter

Well I give it an 8/10. I liked most of the episode, but as you pointed out, those parts were really not entertaining... I liked those baby Mudkips! So cute!

~If I just.. Breatheeeee let it fill the space between Ill know everything is alright, Breatheeee every little piece of me you'll see everything is alright, if i just breatheee~

~Could you look me in the eye? And tell me that you are happy now.. Would you tell it to my face, or have I been erased? Are you happy now?
Old 03-14-2004, 03:59 PM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

lol, I agree about the team rocket invention... I was like, "WHAT?!" when I actually saw it... how weird. =/

I think the entire episode was just another cliché... It seems that the trainers always find a pokemon that's slightly "different" from the rest of its kind and someone captures it because of that...

And the old man... he was just an idiot. =b That's all I really have to say about that.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfrost
lol, I agree about the team rocket invention... I was like, "WHAT?!" when I actually saw it... how weird. =/

I think the entire episode was just another cliché... It seems that the trainers always find a pokemon that's slightly "different" from the rest of its kind and someone captures it because of that...

And the old man... he was just an idiot. =b That's all I really have to say about that.
I noticed something. POKEMON IS NOTHING BUT A ANIME POWER RANGERS!

Here's the resemblace

Monster Attacking inncocent Person
Team Rocket Attacking innoccent pokemon
Power Dorks Fight back
Poke Dorks Fight back
Power Dorks get kicked back
Poke Dorks get kicked back
Power Dorks defeat Monster
Poke Dorks defeat Team Rocket
Monster Gets big
Team Rocket brings out a big robot
Power Dorks use Megazord
Poke Dorks use Pokemon

The day is saved at least til tommorow.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

I was really dissapointed when I saw the episode. Not only was the storyline bad, but the whole thing was lame. The only thing that saved the episode was Brock saving the Mudkip, and the Mudkip itself. I give it a 5/10
Old 03-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

In my mind May is 13, because I don't think she acts like 10 year old, and plus her body is far too developed to be a 10 year old. Man, those Mudkip were getting on my nerves for spraying her in the face like that.
Anyway cool to see brock get a new Pokemon.
My rating: 6/10
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 03-14-2004, 07:22 PM
DragonTamer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonTamer Send a message via Yahoo to DragonTamer

Just thought I'd clarify something for all of you so this stupid "May is not ten" war can end.

Development is not caused by age.

But it is caused by hormone levels. It is believed that some commercially produced meat and milk products contain residues of growth-promoting hormones. Some farmers use estrogen-like growth hormones to make the animals develop faster. If the levels of hormones ingested are high enough, development can begin in a child as early as two years old. A good example of this is with children being fed soy based formulas. Twenty five percent of bottle fed babies in the United States receive soy-based formula. An infant exclusively fed soy formula receives the estrogenic equivalent (based on body weight) of at least five birth control pills per day. By contrast, almost no phytoestrogens are in dairy-based infant formula or in human milk. Exposure to diethylstilbestrol (DES), and environmental estrogens (PCB's, DDE - a breakdown product of DDT) can also cause an effect. One percent of girls now show signs of puberty before age three. By age eight, nearly 15% of white girls and almost 50% of African-American girls have these characteristics.

It can also be caused by phthalates. About a billion pounds per year are produced worldwide. Intentional uses of phthalates include softeners of plastics, oily substances in perfumes and makeup, additives to hair sprays, lubricants and wood finishers. That new car smell, which becomes especially pungent after the car has been sitting in the sun for a few hours, is partly the pungent odor of phthalates volatilizing from a hot plastic dashboard. In the evening's cool they then condense out of the inside air of the car to form an oily coating on the inside of the windshield. Phthalates caused a mysterious public health concern called "premature thelarche" in Puerto Rico that has been affecting girls for the last twenty years. Premature thelarche is the dramatic early breast development of Puerto Rican girls before the age of two years old.

It is very possible for a person to be ten years old and look like May. Perhaps May's parents fed her a soy formula when she was a baby. Maybe they ate too much meat contaminated with extra growth hormones. Maybe she uses too much makeup. Maybe it's a combination of all of these. Or maybe they just decided to draw May like that. But for whatever the reason, she is ten years old and looks the way she does. End of story.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:08 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

[But if you saw Haruka, as May is called in Japan, and if Japan said she was 13, she's 13. What did Japan say of her age? Unfortunately, I don't know if they said she was 10 or 13. The thing that just bothers me is seeing how developed she is for a 10 year old. Could that send a bad message to how boys are going to look at girls like that? Perhaps May was fed the soy products since soy is popular in Japan and has a small following in America, but seeing how they made her into a woman for a 10 year old is just plain, as Starfire would say, freaky. Proper care should've been taken in the drawing of May, when I look at May on the game, how she's drawn, she's 13 to me. She should've been drawn similar to Misty, now Misty was like 12, but they kind of draw her like a 10 year old. Oh well, I await to see Misty and May meeting and get a size comparison to end this age theory.

May the next episode be better.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

I find it hard to believe she's 10 in the Japanese version. I get the feeling that this is just another lousy dub. If I'm wrong, then I question the writers of the actual anime on this.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 03-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu
I find it hard to believe she's 10 in the Japanese version. I get the feeling that this is just another lousy dub. If I'm wrong, then I question the writers of the actual anime on this.
GUYS! The May debate has gone on far enough.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:39 PM
GreenF!reR@ge Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to GreenF!reR@ge

LOL i dun care what age May is i wanna do her any1 else agree???? cmon she's a good looking girl (for an anime character)
Old 03-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenF!reR@ge
LOL i dun care what age May is i wanna do her any1 else agree???? cmon she's a good looking girl (for an anime character)
You are funny.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:38 PM
LolJolteonMaster Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenF!reR@ge
Pervert! You are sick! I',m reporting you to PE2K!