Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:03 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default [RP] Digimon Severance

[RP] Digiworld Adventure Severance

Sign-up thread located here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...37#post1771437
Discussion thread located here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=67178

Prologue

Peace has ruled the Digital World for many, many years now - it seems as though the legends of the Digital Wars and the Digidestined are nothing more than that: legends. Ever since the last coming of the fabled Digidestined, evil has kept its ugly head at bay. It seemed that the days of terror in the Digital World were finally over.

But, as fate would have it, a few explorers – the descendants of the few remaining caretakers of the Digital World (you may remember Gennai from the first season; these are descendants of his people) – discovered an encrypted prophecy hidden within the deepest mainframe of the Digital World’s code. It denoted that there would be many more comings of great wars in the Digital World, one of the greatest would be after an extended era of peacetime. This specific war would be brought on and stopped by the next Digidestined in line, and it would be a terrible one. The children to be chosen would be blessed with Digimon partners of their own, but at the same time burdened with a great evil that would threaten to consume them. Many children would enter the Digital World, but only a handful would be able to save it.

The first sign that the prophecy was coming to existence would be that the once stable rift between the human world and the Digital World would be fractured and spastic. Gates would open up at random intervals and Digimon would slowly start to appear in the human world.

The next sign would be a great amount of humans would start to appear in the Digital World. Blood would soon soak the Great Plains of the Digital World.

Soon, however, a few chosen human children would appear in the Great Plains with their own Digimon partners and the revered digivices. These children, although given one of the greatest strength any human could ever imagine, would also be cursed with a terrible darkness that would either divide or consume them.

It would be up to these children to decide the fate of the world. Would the outcome dictate a peaceful world or a dark one? Only time would tell…

Present Time (Mid September)

The barrier between the Digital World and the human world is finally coming true to prophecy.

Portals all over the world have been opening and closing at sporadic moments through time, untraceable and undeterminable, for they are proving to be completely random. No one has been able to stop them, or even mildly predict them. People have been being sucked into the Digital Plains, and Digimon have been thrown into the real world. While the pile of Digi-Eggs in the human world has been increasing, the pile of human corpses in the Digital World has also been growing.

Deciding that action must be taken, the leader of the Carers of the Digital World, Jun’ichi, sent out a message to the human world over the TV and radio waves, sending an urgent plea for help to all those who were listening or watching. Many people carrying cell phones also received the message, but dismissed it quickly as interference.

The plea was for a human organisation to be formed quickly to help consolidate the issues so that they could try and come up with a solution with the Digimon. However, as many humans are, the cry was almost unanimously ignored. Many people hadn’t even heard of the problems with the rift yet, since the barrier between the worlds was still holding somewhat strong. Also, the governments of the nations didn’t want to let the people know that this kind of thing was out of their power. Such an idea would be probable cause of a revolution that would change the face of the Earth.

However, there were a few intelligent people who understood that something had to be done before more catastrophe came to the world. A few computer whizzes formed a small alliance over the net and together, they traced the distress call that had come from the Digital World and with that trace, they were able to send another message back to this ‘New World’ and ask for instruction.

While many, many years had passed in both worlds, and all events of the Digidestined had been nearly forgotten, Jun’ichi hadn’t lost the records. He quickly dispatched history of the previous Digidestined, shocking the humans.

How could anyone knowingly put mere children into unimaginable danger like that? There was no time for questioning, though.

This short amount of communication was not going as quickly as it seemed – it took months to trace the original message, let alone the time it took to reply. In this short enough period of time, many more Digimon and humans had been crossing over, and the governments of the nations of the world were no longer able to turn a blind eye to it all.

The human world was on the brink of revolution – people in most of the nations of the world were refusing the natural order of things. The governments were becoming weaker and weaker to do things, and the political defence (police and such) were of no help, for they had already begun to worry for their own lives.

It was at this time that another message was sent from Jun’ichi. A special machine known as a ‘digivice’ was being transferred from the Digital World to the human world, and there was no need to worry about whom to give them to, for they had likely already found their new masters.

The digivice was an item to create a veritable connection with the data of Digimon and the life force of humans. It was a link between the races, and one that would also help contain their powers and direct them in the way that they were intended to go.
The children who were selected would find these digivices had the choice to take on the role of the new Digidestined, but the reason that they were selected was because their hearts already desired adventure, and they would not likely turn down the opportunity. With this Digivice, they would be led to their new partners, and whether the Digimon knew it or not, they would become the new Chosen Digimon.

Soon enough these Digidestined would prove themselves in the battle for justice, and they would eventually find their ways into the Digital World and together to fight the evil that would soon find them.

This is where the story takes off. Your character will start off in the human world and will find his or her digivice. You will start off in your actual, current home (your out-of-character one to help add some realism to the story), and the digivice will lead you to your partnered Digimon (which will also take place at your home or somewhere nearby that you also recognise). You may choose to have random Digimon appearances whilst this happens, and you can take as long as you like to arrive in the Digital World (this must take place in a random Digital Gate so that your character has experience with at least one battle with another Digimon before entering the Digital World).

Upon entering the Digital World, your character must be split in two – a good half and an evil half. You will have to play your evil half as well as your good half, and you may do almost anything with them as long as you keep the point clear that one half is evil and that the other is not. So that pretty much rules out only good halves and bad halves joining with their opposite counterparts. Evil and evil halves, however, are more than allowed to team up, and vice-versa.

Okay, so there's really only a few things you need to keep in mind while posting, and plain and simply, they're the rules. I'm not much of a fan of rules myself, but they do keep things running pretty smoothly and are a good way to keep people in line and may resolve future conflict.

The rules are pretty simple and are as follow:

1. No Spamming (although some of you may have noticed I've done this myself... but I'm a n00b still, so bear with me please. Be harsh, but not rude :P)
2. No Bunnying (pretty simple...)
3. No God Modding
4. Make a decent post in length, and don't just do filler with re typing what another person already wrote. Sure, you can use it, but you should be able to write more than that on your own.
5. Be creative while using good language. Grammar is pretty important, and is usually a big judgement factor for myself, and moreso Exophi :P
6. Try to keep it clean... I know we're all passionate enough about Digimon to get pretty intense about it, but keep the swearing to a low. It detracts from your language skills.
7. Other than that, yeah, pretty much just have fun. And once again, be creative and have fun! :D (DIGIMON ROCKS!!!)

Questions? PM DreamWalker or Exophi

Credit to Exophi for making such a splendid banner!

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker

Last edited by DreamWalker; 10-28-2007 at 05:30 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:05 AM
Exophi Offline

Send a message via MSN to Exophi
Default Re: [RP] Digimon Severance

Members List

1. DreamWalker - Ian Donnelly Soutar - Accepted
Gabumon and Gaomon
2. Exophi - Adam James Francis - Accepted
Leormon, Labramon, and Armadillomon
3. kentucky_fried_torchic - Ryan Charcka Wiskerchen - Accepted
Agumon & Agumon
4. Neo_Shadow_Guardian - Sakura Mikoshenta Kanasaki - Accepted
Salamon & Salamon
5. -Alone- - Nick Mikamino - Accepted
Veemon and Wormon
6. Art_Critic_Cubone - Zanba Tezuka - Accepted
Kekkenmon and BladeDracmon
7. Eeveeking929 - Cole Alek Reiken - Accepted
ShadowAgumon and ShineGabumon

Last edited by Exophi; 10-27-2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Member Upgrade
Old 10-13-2007, 05:44 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

I looked out the window again from my bed.

My heart raced in excitement.

From within the folds of my white hoodie, I clutched tightly onto the strange device that I had found only moments before. I didn’t know what it meant, nor why it seemed to do nothing despite the furious pushing of buttons I had pursued in after a second of revelling in its intricate beauty. It had a small little screen on it that showed nothing, and had strange buttons on the top corners and beside the screen. It fit perfectly into my hands, and was rather like a game consul. It was white with blue-grey buttons and padding on the bottom.

And it was mine.

There was a bolt of lightning from outside, and my eyes flashed out the window for what seemed to be the millionth time.

All of a sudden something incredible happened.

From above in the skies, the whole world seemed to be torn open at the top and many strange colors and designs showed behind it. They sparkled and shimmered for a moment, and then something unmistakeably clear appeared in it.

A world in the sky!

It was like it came from right out of a book! Or rather, from the news.

If I hadn’t seen a few brief shots of these occurrences on the news, I would’ve been blown out of my mind. For the past few months, strange things had been happening all over the world, and they were finally moving into my part of the world.

Goodness knows we need something to shake things up around this dull country…

Strange monsters had been appearing all over the world, and the last ones to have appeared, at least, to our knowledge – communication systems had been malfunctioning and glitching for the past few months – were in the northern states. That had brought my hopes up, especially since I lived barely half an hour away from the American border. These monsters, although ruthless and dangerous according to the general public, were probably just as scared as we were about all the strange happenings. I knew it. Something within me told me that my time was coming, and finding this strange device was the kicker for me.

I contemplated what to do whilst staring into the deep abyss of this new world, then all of a sudden a huge white orb appeared at the rip! It swirled around in a circle for a while, and then bolted towards Earth.

Even though it was kilometres away, I still felt the rumble in the ground as it hit. It was like an earthquake, or at least, I thought it to be, because I had never felt one before. A shiver ran up my spine at the sight of it, and my eyes widened in slight shock.

I felt my hands trembling in excitement, but when they stopped, the trembling continued.

I looked down with curiosity to the machine in my hands and my heart skipped a beat.

It was glowing.

I jumped to my feet, forgetting the tear in the skies just behind me. In my jump, it appeared that I had pressed a button, for a large circle with another circle within it had appeared, and a small dot swirled around between the two circles, behaving erratically with no apparent pattern. The little thing pulsated for a while longer, then stopped.

My eyes widened once again as I remembered the tear in the sky, and I whipped back around to the window.

But the sky was the way it had been barely a minute earlier: cloudy and dismal – only slightly abnormal weather for September in Canada.

I jolted with the sudden realisation of what must’ve caused the device to start acting up.

THE GLOWING ORB!

Looking down once again at the device, it was still moving around strangely, so I put the idea of the orb away and concentrated more on the machine.

“IAN!”

Her sharp, piercing voice penetrated my thoughts and the floor, walls and door of solid wood. As usual.

I pushed the device into my pocket and tore out of my room and down the stairs, my mind still buzzing with what had just happened. Pushing my brownish hair out of my eyes, I found my mother waiting for me in the kitchen downstairs.

“It’s dinnertime,” she said.

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker

Last edited by DreamWalker; 10-13-2007 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:20 AM
Exophi Offline

OOC: Thank goodness, I've been waiting for this SO HARD!

IC: It was a day like any other since I had moved to Alberta. The temperature had remained uncomfortably warm during the day, and there was no mercy for me. Drinking from the school's fountains made me feel sick to my stomach, and I had neglected to bring anything else suitable for consumption. Still, it wasn't completely my fault that I hadn't brought anything edible to class. I rarely got hungry during the day, and school had only just started up again a short while ago.

"Entourage," my teacher said intelligibly. Her word was responded with by the scratches of pencil upon paper by all the other students in my class.

Thirst tugged at my throat, but I couldn't bring myself to drink from it. Last year I had done a mold growing experiment in a science course and the results had shown there were more germs in a water fountain than there were behind the school toilets. In addition to that, our class was doing a small quiz, and I didn't want to look nervous by going to get a drink. Shaking thoughts of bacteria from my mind I found myself thinking about my old life in Chilliwack. I missed my friends, especially Ian, but maybe that was just because I was just thinking about the project we worked on together.

A loud crack of thunder outside snapped me out of my flashbacks. The air cooled pleasantly around me, others in the room began to shiver, though none seem to notice the noise that had banged outside. "Conscientious," came another word from the instructor, once again met with the scrawling of graphite. I looked down at my own piece of bleached lined paper. There were numbers listed from one to twenty-five but only the first three had been filled in. I guess I just didn't have the motivation to continue writing.

"Wow, look at this," a rather center-heavy classmate of mine called out to everyone, despite the fact that we were in the middle of a spelling quiz. The boy pulled himself free of the restraining grip his desk had on him and walked over to the window. He squished his grubby face against the glass as if that would give him a better view of the instantaneous storm.

"Fat's probably covering up his eyes", I murmured grumpily to myself. My comment was thankfully drowned out by the 'oohs' and 'aahs' of my countless other faceless classmates. I wanted to see the storm too, but the overweight kid's sheer mass prevented other students from approaching the windows. Another loud crack came bursting into our realm of hearing, this one was intense. The power of the sound bounced tubby away from the glass and onto his rear, which further shook the other objects around him. Some of the kids laughed, I did too in order to fit in, but seeing his eyes after the laughter I immediately began to feel guilty. This emotion was washed away as I got a clear view of the storm.

The teacher silenced the class by slapping a ruler down on her desk. "Tests in please," she said sternly to distract from the negative attention we were giving her student. I looked at my assignment, it still only had three words: Devotion, Consecration, and Virtuous. That would be all had handed in for the entire unit on religious study. I decided to hang onto the paper, it wasn't as if three marks would make any impact on the grand scheme of my grades.

Thunder outside provided much more entertainment than the lecture anyway, I watched it as our instructor began explaining our new unit: Environment. I had done all of these subjects before coming to this school; I had learned it all last year in my old school. Besides, schools in Canada weren't allowed to fail you until you reached the secondary level.

Lightning cracked off in the distance, and seconds later the window which the husky boy had been leaning against shattered into dust. My classmates screamed. My teacher shouted. I said, "Awesome." Shards of glass flew to the floor of the room and something hit me in the stomach. As though angered, it growled a little, mainly due to my hunger though. Scared to look down, I feared that I had a piece of the window stuck in my gut, but it turned out to be a small electronic tool. I examined it while my teacher ushered everyone from the room. I hardly noticed her pushiness as I looked over the device.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

I saw the world in the sky. I was watching the news reports when my mom and grandma shooed me outside. I looked up at the sky and saw a world like ours, except upsidedown. I was admiring the beautiful mountain ranges and oceans, when I heard a plop behind me, it was a small emerald and black egg with triangles on it.

I curiously picked it up and felt it explode with life. A small black bear head with glowing yellow eyes popped out and jumped into my arms, and gave me a nice warm feeling. The creature latched on to my arm and wouldn't let go. I decided to show it to my mom and my grandma. "Look what I found." I said with a spring in my step, this would be just like owning my own puppy. "Can I keep him?"

"How cute," my mom said. She was a young woman who was tall and slim as well as very beautiful. Her blonde hair was shoulder length. "What's your name, little guy?" she asked the black ball.

"Bobobobobo." it answered and it shot a small stream of pink bubbles that tickled me and my mom's faces. They floated out the window and drifted away.

"So, can I keep him?" I asked my mom pleadingly. This was very important to me.

"We'll have to ask grandma when she gets back." my mom said strictly, but I could see in her eyes that she wanted to keep Bo too.

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 10-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Exophi Offline

OOC: Internet sucks... I lost some of this post halfway through because of a linking disability my computer had and did my best to repair it.

IC: My teacher was trying desperately to keep all the student calm. For some reason she repetitively kept coming up to me, asking if I was okay. Each time I told her I was fine, yet she didn't seem prepared to leave me (or anyone else in the classroom for that matter) alone. The newly acquired gadget I had didn't seem to do much, if anything. The buttons which I randomly pressed occasionally produced small beeping sounds, but that was a bout all.

"What'cha got der?" a rather obnoxious jersey-wearing student asked me as he snatched away my toy. Before I could try and grasp it back he turned away. Soon the jerk started pressing buttons at random with his grubby fingers. His two cronies, also clad in sports uniform laughed, watching my dismay as their buddy tormented me.

The teacher was now tending to a small cut that a girl had received when the glass broke. Why couldn't she be over here now?

I tried to reach around him but he kept holding the electronic too far away from me to grasp. "Hand it over," I said sternly. The boy made no signs of complying. "Give it back, now." Still, he didn't make any motion to return it to me or even respond. "If you don't give it back, I'm going to hit you," I finally told him, not that I expected this to make any difference.

All it did was catch his attention. The three bullies laughed at my weak threat. I put out my hand so that he could place the device back into it. Even though it wasn't mine, I felt that the item belonged with me. He dramatically moved his had forward, but just before releasing it he pulled his arm back. The total stranger jeered, "Psych!" as he pulled away the thing from me/ His teammates laughed, and this time he joined in. He thought so little of me that he wasn't even watching as I swiped back my electronic and punched him in the jaw.

My instructor dashed over after she heard the crash of my target into the nearby lockers. She cried out, "What did you do Francis?" My eye gave a slight twitch, this teacher referred to everyone by his or her first name, and she seemed to have an inability to register that my first name was Adam. I totally ignored her due to the fact that she couldn't remember my proper name. "Answer me Francis," she growled angrily, clamping onto my right shoulder with her bright red, long, fake nails.

"Please let me go," I said firmly. "I don't appreciate what you're doing to my arm."

"Well, I don't appreciate what you've done to my student," she parroted sub-intelligently.

I sighed, how were we expected to learn anything from people like this woman when we could just as easily read a textbook on our own. We wouldn't need to wait for stragglers to catch up, and there would be no need to waste money on large education facilities. Even better, I wouldn't have to put up with people all day.

"Digithing behind you," I said quickly. Her face grew shocked for a split-second and she looked back to check if I wasn't tricking her. In her temporarily distracted state I pulled away from her grasp and bolted down the hallway. You never know what kind of excitement you can have in school, all you have to do is apply yourself! I ran into the stairwell and started to dart down them when I noticed something small and golden crawling up.

It was likely some kind of large rodent, was the first thing to pop into my mind. But I knew that that assumption couldn't be accurate. It was way to big for this part of the world, and most animals around here didn't have protective golden armour on their back and head. From the back of his head sprouted giant ears that split into three parts. Nor did they have big reptilian tails or big onyx claws on all their paws. The thing was overall like a big yellow armadillo. I didn't focus on any of these features for long, what I saw were his eyes. They displayed peacefulness and intelligence, not like any of the others the news had described.

"Thank the digigods," it puffed, pulling itself up one last stair. "I thought I was going to perish if I had to hike up any more of those things..."

He talks, he talks, I thought joyfully to myself. Even with his animal like features I had known what he was since we spotted one another. This was a digital monster, was it possible that he had come looking for me?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:40 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

Apparently nobody in the house had seen the strange happenings with the weather outside, but on second thought, I realised that no one would likely care even if the did see it. At least, not to the extent where it actually mattered beyond a simple recognition. I followed the orders set by my mother and sat down at the table, the device a comfortable lump in my pocket.

We started eating – a rather boring meal of perogies and farmer sausage – and the excitement from moments earlier started to die down.

We were halfway through the meal, the dry dinner conversation that was held between the two adults at the table boring into my mind, when the device started beeping and vibrating again. I had a mouthful of perogie at the time, so I consequently jumped from my spot, spitting out the half-chewed food onto my plate in surprise. My family let out noises of disgust and disapproval, then started to yell at me. Before I let them get to me, though, I jumped away from the table and pulled the device from my pocket, searching the screen for its reason of alert.

The little dot that had been wandering sporadically around between the two circles was now stuck in one point of it, and I immediately recognised it as the direction that the glowing orb had fallen from the sky.

There were no second thoughts. Through my family’s ongoing shouts of shock, I ran from the room and out the house, still sliding on my white hoodie as I did so, and darted down the driveway as fast as I could. My eyes flitted continuously to the direction the dot was pointing.

This is my time. This is my moment of truth, I just know it!

I figured that the little thing was a compass for me right now, directing me towards whatever had fallen from the sky. It was a little bit out on a limb, the notion, but I had nothing else to go for, and I didn’t want to miss my opportunity. Not when I had a chance to live an adventure like this.

I ran down street after street, going as straight as I could, following the compass, and a few times I hopped people’s fences and ran straight through their yards.

Over an hour had passed and I had long since stopped running and moved into a determined jog, but the beeping was getting louder from the little machine so I figured that whatever I was doing, I was doing it right. The sun had started setting, so it was considerably darker than it had been when I had left my house.

Then the beeping got really loud and the device started to vibrate once more. The little dot moved into the very middle of the screen and stayed still.

Am I here already?

I looked around, not recognising the area very well. I was somewhere on the outskirts of Chilliwack, maybe in Sardis? I had come close to Highway 1 and gone over the train tracks long before that… I was definitely in the country though, for there were fields and barns all around me.

Then a burst of light appeared before me on the ground, but before my eyes could even adjust, the point where the light came from exploded with fog, instantly enveloping the entire area around me with a thick, cold, grey fog, so thick that I could barely see the device glowing in my hands.

A crunching sound then came from a couple metres before me…

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker
Old 10-14-2007, 02:01 PM
-Alone- Offline
Experienced Trainer

I don't know where am I. The butterfly I had been following had dissapeared, and she left me in the darkest part of the town. It was fun chasing her, but why would she abanden me? Before I could finish my thoughts, I ran, looking for somoene to help me in this sall town. Yet, nobody came out of their buildings, they just stayed shrivelled up, as the thunder began to roar. There was no doubt that it would be a 1 in a gazimillion chance that lightning could struck here, so I just kept on running towards nowhere. Even though I saw no one, I could feel they're eyes on me, and as I shout out for help.

"Is anybody there!? Please, help me!"

Nobody heard my plea and all I could do was cry. I had thought my tears would attract attention, but before I could shout, A strike of lightning had struck the ground infront of me. Thinking I was dead, I had not moved 1 inch of my body, and all I could feel was this cold, gold&white device, pressuring my stomach. Quickly, I grabbed it with all my strength, and noticed I survied the strike of lightning. The small device began to glow, as a light illuminated the screen, and sended a ray of light heading west, and I chased after it.

I keept on running to the point where I completely forgot I was lost and scared, but as soon as I reached the place where the light was taking me, I was scared beyond beleif. It had taken me to his giant creature, who began to pulvirize the buildings, and shoot out energy waves like they used to do in DragonBallZ. As soon as he spotted e, he was about to attack me, but the device let ou a powerful light that stopped him in his tracks. "Why are you doing that! You bad monster dog, bad! bad!" The creature looked surprised, as its mouth formed into a grin and the light that had engulfed it, turned it into a egg. It kinda shocked me how the light made that giant creature into egg, but I took the egg, and kept it for myself.

After about an hour, I managed to find my way home and my parents acted like I was never gone. "How was your day,Nick?" Before I could respond, the egg hatched and a small blue creature came out, and shot bubbles all over my house. "Chi,chib, Chibo bo." My mom wasn't at all scared and she began to slowly pet the creature. "How adorable!" While my mom pinched it's cheecks, it quickly jumped out from my hands, and hopped all the way to my room, and it waited for me there. "This is weird, but so cool!"

OOC: I wanted to tryout this style
Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Exophi Offline

OOC: I was expecting the digivice to be left on the ground in the exact spot where the lightning hit. If you have M-WORD or an equivalent program, it might be a good idea to run posts through there before actually putting them up. Don't worry, it was pretty clear what was happening; I may have been trying to find mistakes... ^^;

IC: "You're incredible," I whispered in a daze, allowing myself to feel the shell on his back. Still overcome with wonder, I admired nearly every aspect about the creature. I mentioned some things vocally, like how powerful his claws looked, and how the symbol on his forehead was amazing. These encounters had been happening all over the world, but I had never thought that I would be one of the lucky few to meet a kind digimon. The media was trying to spread the word to everybody that digimon were evil.

After my barrage of admiration, the digital monster heavily blushed. His pale yellow skin changed almost completely pink. He placed his head and tail low to the ground in an act of humbleness. I strongly hoped that I had not humiliated him in any way with my idolization. "Thank you very much," he said in a squeaky tone, far different from the one he had used when we first encountered one another moments ago. Still struck dumb by his pure coolness, I had nothing to say. "Please come with me," he started, voice getting a bit lower in pitch as he overcame my admiration. Now he spoke a little more strongly, "I would appreciate it very much if you would accompany me to the digital world willingly." Whatever threat had been included in his request was lost. My newfound respect for him hid whatever ill-wished he might intend for me.

"I would love to come with you!" I proclaimed. This could possibly be the most exciting moment I had ever experienced in life. My heart literally felt as though it could burst from my chest at any moment.

From below my knees, the digimon smiled up at me. I hoped that he could tell how much I wanted to see the world he came from. He looked down the stairs with disappointment, and began the surprisingly long trek down them. Though I understood that he didn't enjoy the descent, I didn't want to be too invasive by asking if he would like me to carry him down.

Once we finally made it down the short flight of stairs, it was revealed that the digimon could be quite speedy despite his short arms and large body. I almost had difficulty keeping up with him. Soon his path led us outside, into the storm. The clouds glowed a bright pink in some area; I couldn't help but feel that there was something living up there. The wind outside was as strong as any gale and I almost had to crawl forwards on my knees in order not to be blown away. A metal garbage can bounced by me, almost striking my head.

"Are we nearly there?" I tried asking, worried that the some other piece of debris would hit me if we didn't find shelter soon. Unfortunately, the strength of the windstorm blew my words away from my escort. I was finding that it was starting to become hard to inhale. Air was being blown away from my mouth before I could even take it in.

He led us into an alleyway between two sections of my school, there was far less wind here. The alley had a strange mist drifting about it, despite the fact that there was a massive storm just outside its boundaries. The cloud seemed to expand as we stood there in silence. Both he and I needed to catch our breath. "I'm Armadillomon," he finally revealed his name to me, "And it is my honour to welcome you to the Digiworld!" He raised one of his front arms dramatically in the air. Nothing happened. He slowly lowered his arm in confusion. Then his face grew somewhat irked.

Oh no, I plead desperately, Don't let this be my fault. I really had been looking forward to my chance to enter the digital world, I couldn't let my adventure end so quickly.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:48 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

Through the thick fog wafted an unbearable stench. Something... so fierce... so vile...

WHAT ON EARTH REEKS THAT BAD?!?

The crunching grew louder and then the fog dispersed from the centre, were I was apparently standing, and made a wide eye of a little storm. I nearly fell onto the ground in fear, scrambling back as fast as I could. Standing before me seemed to be a ten foot tall pile of sludge and scrap metal thrown into a pile with eyes and a mouth attached. "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING?" I bellowed in fear, turning to run.

I could've punched myself.

When I turned to run, my foot caught on the other and I managed to fall with a hard smash to the ground, winding me and cutting my left right elbow pretty bad.

I rolled onto my back and watched in absolute fear as this monster stepped menacingly towards me. A strange, scrapy sound came from it's mouth. "Huuuuuuuumaaaaaaaan..."

I pushed myself further back, fear striking into my very heart, and I cursed myself for going so far to be doomed to a vile smelling death. I opened my mouth to yell for help, but before I could, another voice drowned mine out.

"BLUE BLASTER!"

I looked up as another monster appeared, shooting a white blast of terribly cold looking icy energy at the other monster. This new one, however, was far smaller than the first. It was only about two and a half feet tall. I supposed that he would've only come up to my waist. It was a bit like a dog with yellow skin and a blue fur draped over it's head and back. It also had a blue and purple isnignia on it's belly along with a horn on it's head. I wasn't frightened of this one, though. Even in the midst of an attack, his brown eyes sparkled deeply with kindness.

The attack hit the first monster in the eyes, temporarily blinding it, while the little one landed in front of me, grabbing my hand and pulling me to my feet. For a little guy, he sure packed a lot of power. "Come on!" he cried. "You don't want to see a Raremon when it's angry!"

He pulled my hand (which made me have to slouch a bit), and yanked me back into the fog and shortly after into the open air once again. The other monster's roars not following us.

Once we were out into the open again - or better put, in the ditch of Highway 1 - I pulled my hand back and looked from the field of fog and then back to this little creature.

"What the HECK is going on?"

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker
Old 10-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

My grandma had finally agreed to keep Bo. Me and my mom cheered silently and I went to feed him. An hour later, he was still hungry and he had eaten ten times his weight in bread. I was hurridly picking up the crumbs when I heard a crash come from the wall behind me. "My name is Gazimon, the virus bunny Digimon. My electric stun blast will blow you away, or something." A small bluish bunny that looked like a gang member and walked on his hind legs was speaking to me.

"What the heck do you want Mr. Bunny?" I asked him. I never liked bunnies, and this one was no exception.

"My name is not Mr. Bunny!" the blue creature yelled at me. "My name is Gazimon, read my lips Gah-Zee-Mon." He sighed and said, "Whatever, just give me the Botamon or I'll blow up this entire house."

Just then Bo went sliding from the kitchen and jumped between me and the Gazimon and begin to squeak something that sounded remarkibly like "Botamon digivolve to..." Little Bo was surronded by a stream of data and began to spin around very rapidly. He was engulfed by a bright light and emerged as a small pink ball with long ears and small fangs. "Koromon."

"What?!" The Gazimon shrieked. "He digivolved!"

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 10-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Art_Critic_Cubone Offline

OOC: And thus far I'm the only person writing in third person objective/omniscient style. XD Oh, and to randomly state something: I'm bending the rules just this once by not starting at my own home, specifically because I wrote Tezuka's character into another country, and if he were to suddenly be back in America it would completely mess up the whole thing. In addition, I'd like to say that for the record, Tezuka's hair is as close as I could come to dying Cloud Strife's blue.

IC:

"Ka?"

Tezuka stared at the strange device lying in the middle of his practice field. It hadn't been there before, he was sure. Of course, the thunderbolts he had seen striking this spot didn't make the whole experience any less weird. With a sigh, he ran his fingers through his odd-colored hair, dislodging a few strands. His life had been getting weirder ever since Kenta had shown him those Digimon videos on Youtube. Sometimes, the young teenager reflected, he was annoyed with his boring life, but he didn't want to get involved with something that could end up killing him for no reason. Chances were that anything that appeared as a result of what could be termed as a random natural disaster was probably dangerous and/or related to something that was dangerous. And if it belonged to one of those digi-things (how he hated the name "Digimon", it sounded like somebody lazy had come up with it because he couldn't be bothered to think of something cooler) what was to say that the said Digimon wouldn't show up and eat him for supper? Anyway, he had a practice match to get to. Kenta was probably waiting for him in their usual spot right now, practice sword and all. It was probably time for the would-be fencing champ to get a move on, before he was late for another engagement. After all, if he picked up the device and it got him into trouble, wasn't Tezuka essentially putting himself in danger needlessly? And anyway, nobody had asked him to pick it up. The only reason he'd want to was his own sheer curiosity, and he knew the old saying. In fact, it was one of the few maxims he knew in two languages. Stepping away from the small device, Tezuka prepared to move on to his next engagement.

Something stopped him, however. Something he couldn't quite identify pulled at his heels, keeping him from continuing. What if he was supposed to pick up the device? What if someone had put it there in the hopes that he would get it? What if this was somehow linked to his ultimate fate? What was he supposed to say if he turned it down when it was meant to be his? "I'm sorry, but I thought your gift might result in my death, so I left it lying there for the next trash collector." Yeah, that would go over well with the powers-that-be.

And then there was another thing. Tezuka had been bored lately. School had ceased to be amusing. He was supposed to be learning something new each day, but lately he had begun to feel like all that was happening was a repetition of the same lessons in the same order and the same way over and over again. He always went home to his house near the park, the same one in which he was now standing, in fact. He'd smile, kiss his mother, she'd ask him how his day was and he'd answer "fine", and then he'd do his homework, which was just as repetitive as his lessons, and feed the dog, a burly Akita named Gin, before grabbing the wooden saber he had modified his old practice kendo into and leaving for the park, where he met with his friend Kenta in secret. In fact, the pick-up fencing matches with Kenta were the only things that kept Tezuka from rolling over and dying of boredom. It had been a while since anything remotely exciting had happened in his life. This device might be just the thing he needed to break him out of his mundane routine. Slowly, the sixteen-year old pivoted, walked over to the device, and shoved it into the pocket of his faux-leather jacket. Straightening up, he shouldered his "blade". If he was late to his match, Kenta would tease him again, and heaven knew that Tezuka wasn't about to let that happen, if at all possible. Opening his stride, the fencer broke into a run, not realizing that the device in his pocket had activated itself and was now furiously beeping, exchanging information with some unknown sender.

Tezuka found himself at the park bench where he and Kenta usually met within a quarter-hour. The bench itself was sitting unoccupied next to a winding dirt road, which branched off from the park's main path. Kenta was nowhere to be seen. With a sigh, Tezuka collapsed on the bench. It wasn't like his friend to be late, and today of all days was important. The two were tied at nineteen wins, nineteen losses and today was the big tiebreaker match before they erased the count and started over again. Repositioning his sword so that its point rested in the dirt, Tezuka pulled the device out of his pocket, thinking that he might as well examine it while he waited. It was about the size of the average virtual pet, he realized, and while it had no visible control system other then three nondescript buttons on the main body, its rectangular design reminded him of some sort of stopwatch. Its body was white, trimmed with blue and gold buttons, and its screen was currently blank, meaning that whatever it was, it probably wasn't switched on. In a moment of uncontrollable curiosity, Tezuka pressed one of the buttons on the device. Immediately, the screen flashed to life, revealing a black grid with an egg shape in the center. Slowly, Tezuka began to chuckle. All this, and all the device was was a digital pet of some sort. He had to laugh at his own paranoia. Staring at the egg, he pressed a second button, muttering "Hey, you're kind of cute." To his surprise, the egg image on the screen split, indicating that the creature inside had hatched. Wondering what on earth it could be, Tezuka leaned in. Instead of the hatched "pet", however, the only image the screen displayed was that of a stereotypical "Choose name/gender" screen. Without thinking, Tezuka pressed the "female" option for gender. He hesitated a bit longer on "name", trying to think of one that might fit a girl, before finally settling on "Iris". It was his mother's favorite flower, and fairly hard to find out here in Japan. Maybe she'd get a kick out of it. Laughing, Tezuka jabbed the "submit" option as he lazed back onto the bench.

It was then that all hell broke loose.

The device began beeping furiously as a portal of pure energy blasted open beneath Tezuka. The teenager barely had time to think before he, his device, and his sword began falling into space...

Though dormant for years, I have returned... in order to defeat mine enemy, Illiteracy! Have at thee, illiteracy! (Of course, being unable to access Pokecommunity forums may also have something to do with my presence here.... o_o;)

Last edited by Art_Critic_Cubone; 10-17-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Neo_Shadow_Guardian Offline
Amateur Trainer

I walked through the crowds of people, dodging whoever got in my way. I hated California with all of the crowds of people. That isn't the only reason I hated it. Soo many people thought I was ment to bring something evil. Something wrong.

I soon found myself at a quiet, peaceful park. Well, it was peaceful until I heard a strange noise. It was a very loud, annoying bleeping sound.

I went to check it out. I soon came upon some sort of digivice. It looked very strange, but I felt as if I was drawn to it. I picked it up, and it stopped bleeping.

Suddenly, a low rumbling started everywhere. I fell to the ground with a loud thump as the ground shook. "What's happening!" I thought. A strange noise, a voice, came from the digivice. It was not understandable, but the digivice glowed very brightly. It stopped glowing, and I looked around. I was still in the park where I had been earlier, but I was confused.

I shoved the digivice into one of my pockets and walked back to where I origionally was and sat down. I closed my eyes and laid back, as if I was in a trance.

Last edited by Neo_Shadow_Guardian; 10-16-2007 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:11 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

"You're lucky the digivice was glowing," the little creature said. "Through all this fog, I might not have found you in time to distract that Raremon."

Another roar of rage came from behind us, surely emitting from that thing that I now assumed was called, 'Raremon.' "Why was it after me?" I asked quickly.

Gabumon shook his head, then grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the highway. It was still cloudy out, and now a breeze was picking up that threatened to blow away the little fog that was left surrounding and entrapping the Raremon. I ran after him, soon finding myself in the middle of Highway One. I couldn't remember which direction traffic went on this side of the highway, and since there was a hill between the two lanes of traffic, I couldn't look to the opposite lane for help. Fortunately, there didn't seem to be any cars out right now, which struck me as odd at first, but then again, I hadn't been out with my family on this highway for ages either since the communications went down. "It's not... after you!" Gabumon uttered, his phrases stuttered from running. "It's after... the light of... Digivolution! Almost all digimon... are drawn innexorably to it."

His short little legs didn't seem to carry his body as fast as mine could carry my own. In a quick motion, I grabbed the little... digimon? I grabbed him under his arms and sat him behind my head, like many adults did for their children while they were still small. Even though I couldn't see his face from this angle, I could just sense that the blood was rushing to his cheeks. I continued running regardless, down the side of the highway and away from the sounds of the enraged Raremon. Whether I was running towards home or away from it, I couldn't tell, because the scenery around me was all the same: on one side, the hill that separated the two highway lanes from each other with a tall standing of trees down the middle of it, and on the other, vast farmlands that went all the way to the opposite side of the valley my home was found in. The mountains were tall and stony looking, as they usually did with the usual weather.

Cloudy.

"The light of what-a-volution?" I asked, slowing down to a jog as the Raremon's roars slowly faded into the distance. "I don't have anything like that... unless..?" I took one of my hands off of one of the creature's legs and pulled out the machine I had found earlier that day. Digivice, it had been called. "This thing?" I asked, showing it to him.

"That's the one!" he replied, nodding his head furiously, making me stumble a bit. He may have been little, but he was still half the size of me on top of me, making me quite top heavy. He blushed again, but I just laughed.

I pocketed the digivice and returned my now free hand to his leg, holding him steady. "So I guess I don't understand that... what's your name?" I asked.

"It's Gabumon," he replied. "And yours?"

I smiled. "My name's Ian. Pleased to meet you, Gabumon."

Once I had run so far that Raremon's roaring was no longer audible, I steered myself across to the opposite side of the highway and climbed up the hill until we were in the miniature, man-made forest that divided the two directions of the highway. I gently placed Gabumon down, then slumped down into a sit, leaning against one of the trees.

Picture of Highway 1 in favourable weather:

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker

Last edited by DreamWalker; 10-17-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Exophi Offline

IC: "Get down," Armadillomon commanded out of the blue. Without thinking I immediately followed his orders. I ducked into the mist but made sure that I could still see what was happening.

A short figure's silhouette formed as it approached our position then became clearer as it got even closer. They were low to the ground and walked on two legs. Their skin was not the tamed pink shade I was expecting to see but a slate gray. The first one had a messy Mohawk of dark-orange hair. Each of his eyes had a scar over them, and below those scars were several more over the lips. The mouth housed several teeth (quite large) that jutted out at odd angles. Four wings looked like they were sprouting out of its back, two large and two small. On each hand it looked like the monster was wearing a yellow glove where the fingers exaggerated sharpness. When the digimon spotted me he cackled madly, sort of like a chorus of monkeys. The only reason it sounded like more than one laugh was because two more identical beasts had joined him.

Without looking back, Armadillomon spoke in a low voice, "Vilemon, their 'Nightmare Shocker' is an attack that could haunt your dreams, it's best to avoid these scourges of the digital world. They're Champion level, so stay behind me." They hadn't spotted Armadillomon until he spoke to me. His height being a factor and the amount of thick cloud near the ground being another. Now that he had caught their attention, Armadillomon decided to snarl.

"What are you doing here?" asked one of the monsters snidely, "I thought he told you that you couldn't go recruiting anymore." It pointed a long yellow finger in my direction, "This one was supposed to be our payment for the weak, can't you sense his aura? If we feasted on him we'd be able to digivolve for sure!"

The Vilemon to the left piped up. "I know he's not allowed get any more humans for master, he wadn't killin' the leftovers like he shoulda bin."

I didn't completely understand what the second thing had said, his speech was too unintelligent. The first one had mentioned something about devouring me, and I didn't want to stick around for that. But Armadillomon would protect me, right? Why would he protect me now just to let me be eaten later? Still, not everything he had told me made much sense either. To confuse me even more, these Vilemon seemed to know my newfound friend. Champion level? Nightmare Shocker? What in the world had Armadillomon been talking about? My questions were answered, though not in the way I wanted them to be.

One of the little devils launched its 'Nightmare Shocker' at me while I was still unprepared. The crimson collection of dark thoughts filled me and I collapsed to the ground, underneath a blanket of mist. My worst thoughts filled my entire body as I recalled some of the more upsetting moments of my life in vivid detail. They only seemed to come in flashes, but there were enough of them to drive a person insane.

A thunderous voice snapped me out of my prison of torment. It called out angrily, "Get away from us!"

An equally loud shattering noise followed the call. Several bricks fell onto the ground near me, along with a Vilemon. I pulled my body out of the mist and looked around. Armadillomon was gone, he had abandoned me to the mercy of a trio of Vilemon and they're giant ally who resembled an Ankylosaurus. The two airborne Vilemon flew towards me. This new animal struck one down with his tail, forcing it out of our cramped quarters into the strong winds where it was immediately blown away. The second Vilemon tried to escape at the last moment but was unsuccessful; the dinosaur forced it into the bricks with one of its forelegs.

"Run back there," the animal motioned with its head. "Run as far as you can until you're free of this fog." I tried to explain to him that it was a dead end, but he silenced me with, "Now, I can't stop them forever!" Whoever this new creature was, he was certainly more helpful than Armadillomon, not to mention cooler looking. I hated to leave him, but I would also hate it if he decided to start swinging his club of a tail while I was still around. I bolted, and ran into the fog far past where I knew a wall was supposed to have stopped me.

OOC: I miss highway one... sort of. Wait, no I don't, I just miss the idea of highway one. The surrounding area is pretty nice though.