Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:10 AM
Art_Critic_Cubone Offline

Default Re: [RP] Digimon Severance

"Where... am I?"

That was the first question that flashed through Tezuka's mind. The second one was "What the heck is sitting in my lap?"

He had landed igmoniously on his rear after the fall, and his surroundings were...strange to say the least. He appeared to be sitting on a giant computer chip, and was surrounded by thick, impenetrable fog. Through a hole above him, he could see the sky of the world he had dropped away from. Every few seconds, the floor beneath him pulsed with shining light. He felt as if he had been dropped into a strange, insane disco parlor. That, however, was the least of his problems. The more pressing issue was the creature on his lap, a small, golden furred beast who appeared to be asleep. Her arms were about the length of Tezuka's own, and each one clutched a short rapier, and her body shape reminded him of that one creature he had seen... "Agumon", or whatever you called it. A pair of short, vestigal wings graced her back, and moved in and out with her breathing, and her ears were hidden by a pair of strange, feathery crests. Her head resembled that of a "beaked" dinosaur. The only thing, in fact, that caused the monster in his lap to remind him of a mammal was the fact that she was warm to the touch and covered in soft, golden fur. Tezuka reached out, inadvertently stroking the creature's fur. He didn't know how he knew she was female, only that something about her practically screamed "girl". Reaching out, he stroked her ear again, this time on purpose. Slowly, the creature yawned, a cute, high-pitched sound, and Tezuka smiled in spite of his situation. Kawaii.

Reaching to his left, Tezuka's hand located his fencing blade, thankfully still intact. The device he had picked up, on the other hand, lay on his lap, under the sleeping monster. Slowly, Tezuka reached beneath the beast, careful not to disturb her rest, and removed it, just in time to see the words "Contact Established- Server Now Online" blinking on and off in bright red letters.

Straightening up, Tezuka slowly lifted the creature, who was much lighter then she appeared, off his legs carefully and laid her beside him. Meanwhile, he lifted his blade, and pocketed the device. "Server, huh?" he murmured, pacing about, his feet barely making contact with the ground. "I wonder if that's what this place is called."

"RAAAGH!"

Tezuka leapt to the side, barely avoiding the downswing of a steel blade that cut through the fog near his body. Knowing it would do little good, the fencer lifted his wooden rapier into a defensive position before shouting "Show Yourself!" at his unknown foe.

Slowly, the fog repealed, revealing a beast who appeared to be a grey, humanoid creature clothed in samurai armor. The monster looked as if he had stepped out of a fairy tale, but rather then an ogre-destroying samurai this beast appeared to be a samurai-destroying ogre who had clothed himself in the armor of his victims. His mouth opened, and his voice dripped with malice. "Who dares challenge the great Musyamon?"

Tezuka stared at the sleeping creature behind him. Abandoning it definitely went against his moral code, and besides, he was raised in Japan. Dropping out of a fight violated his moral code. "Em... that would be me, I suppose." he replied, pointing his wooden rapier.

OOC: More to come... yes, I'm drawing this out so I can keep you all in suspense. XD

Though dormant for years, I have returned... in order to defeat mine enemy, Illiteracy! Have at thee, illiteracy! (Of course, being unable to access Pokecommunity forums may also have something to do with my presence here.... o_o;)
Old 10-18-2007, 04:49 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

It was quite cool within the trees here. All my life I'd gone down these highways and looked at the trees here, wondering if they were any use to anyone, but now that I was within them, within their misty silence and freedom from the rest of the world, I was glad that they had been there, waiting for me. I still breathed heavily, glad and surprised at the same time that the grass underneath me was as soft as it was. I didn't think that these parts were actually tended to, where that in fact may have been true, but whatever the case it felt like I was in someone's well cared-for yard.

I looked to Gabumon who was looking up into the trees above us. He seemed to be deep in though, about something that obviously was a bit more worrisome than what we had just gone through. 'Ian," he said after an almost unbearable silence.

He looked at me, our eyes locking. What could possibly be this distressing?

"What is it, Gabumon?" I asked, trying to regain my composure.

"There's something you need to know..."

I raised an eyebrow, still bothered by whatever this could've been. "Yeah?"

"I was sent here to find you," he said.

"Well if that wasn't clear enough," I said almost sarcastically. "Yeah, so what? You found me, here I am. I don't see what's bothering you so much."

"That's not it!" Gabumon exclaimed. "I was sent here to take you to the Digital World! Prophecy is coming so, and I was one of the chosen digimon sent out to the human world to go and find my digidestined partner! I have to take you back to my world and try and restore order!"

My eyes lit up with the sound of adventure. Despite the attacks that had actually made it to the news - those horrible, bloody deaths - I was still excited by the sound of this. But still, Gabumon was worried about something... what could it be that's so bad? "Awesome!" I nearly shouted. "When do we leave?"

His eyes opened wide with surprise, obviously not hearing what he had expected. "Aren't you worried? You have a whole family here! Danger lies ahead of us, and I've been sent to find who turned out to be one of the nicest humans I've ever heard of and steal you away from your world! Doesn't that bother you?"

I tilted my head back and started laughin. When I saw the confusion on his face, along with another blush of embarassment, I quickly reformed myself. "Well, at least now I see what you might be worried about." The digimon's ears pricked up at the word 'might.' "But what you may be looking at as something terrible, 'stealing me,' as you called it, is actually..." I thought about it for a moment, looking for the right word. "Saving me."

(A view from Highway 1)

Credit to Exophi for making such a splendid banner!

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker
Old 10-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Exophi Offline

Send a message via MSN to Exophi

IC: My body was pretty much invisible to me now. I had moved so deep into the fog that I could hardly see my hand when I touched it to my nose. The gravel earth had gown completely flat. Was I under the school? The building had been undergoing massive renovations, so it was entirely possible. I tried feeling around for something, even a wall would have been welcomed. There was nothing other than the floor to guide me. Okay, now I know that I'm in trouble.

Sounds of the monsters' fight had long since dissipated. There was no sound or light where I was now. The situation brought my mind to the topic of death. Is this what it would be like to die? It reminded me of the second layer of hell, as described in The Divine Comedy. Other than the fact that I was plagued by a never-ending ocean storm it seemed the same. There was no real source of light anymore. A wind-like sound had begun, but there was no real force of wind around me.

The endless path of fog carried on, hence its endlessness. "Hello?" I called out desperately, wanting out. The lack of life made me nervous, "Armadillomon?" Nothing, not even an echo of my voice came back to me. "Please, somebody say something," I called out weakly.

A light flickered, penetrating the clouded walls that had imprisoned me. I ran towards the light. Multiple movie moments made their way into my mind, Don't go into the light. I headed on, ignoring the voice at the back of my head. You have to hold on, don't go into the light, it called again. Quiet up, I'm going whether you want me to or not. This happened often in my mind, where I'd distract myself from the current situation by talking to myself. The dim light pulsated and a wave of calmness filled my body, how could this light be evil? At the same time I was filled with dread by the very concept of the light, it seemed like whatever was causing it wanted nothing more than to cause me harm.

Again, the light pulsed.

I felt extreme pain as a glowing wave passed over me. It must be necessary to enter the digital world, I assured myself. Finally I reached the orb and grasping for it I fell face first into a pleasant meadow. Without thinking I pulled myself to my feet and ran to the center of the meadow, if anyone was looking for me this would be the easiest place for me to be found.

As the glowing wave of the light passed over my body it felt as though I were being burned. I'm staying away from that light at all costs, I convinced myself. Without much added thought I sat down in the blind area that was the connection between the two worlds. If anyone wanted to find me, they could search me out by coming here themselves. If people didn't care enough to look here than why should I care about them?

I experienced both of these scenarios at the same time, each ending with a final burst of light which blasted me unconscious. I had lost something in my entry to this world. For now, I couldn't tell what was missing.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

"Digivolved?" I said with a startled look on my face. "What's that?"

"It's when a Digimon becomes strong enough to go to the next stage." Bo, I mean Koromon, answered. He then focused his attention back on the bunny and began to charge. I was shocked, and I'm guessing that the Gazimon was too. Koromon latched on to the blue creature's face and began to spit pink bubbles at him.

"Gah!" the digimon yelled as he tried to pull the pink fluff ball away from his face. Then he screamed a bloodcurling scream and began to fade away into nothingness. And from the nothingness came a bright light that settled in my hand.

The light faded and I was left with a blue and white watch like device. "What's this?" I asked Koromon suspicously. But he wasn't Koromon anymore.

He was spinning around rapidly and was surronded by streams of data. "Koromon digivolve to..." he said and the small pink fluff ball was replaced by a sleek, muscular, two legged lizard "BlackAgumon."

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 10-22-2007, 03:15 AM
Exophi Offline

IC: The blast of energy knocked me to the flat ground in the fog. In what seemed like seconds I was on my feet again. My vision was still completely useless because of the fog. To make matters even more troublesome the glow had faded. Though I hadn't wanted to approach it before it was nice having a minor source of light.

I decided to sit down while waiting for someone to find me. There was no real reason for me to keep standing. Minutes had passed and I was starting to get impatient. Armadillomon should have come to fetch me by now, I thought angrily. He better not have left me when the other freaks attacked. For a few minutes I mumbled angrily to myself about his betrayal. My murmurings were likely what led Armadillomon back.

"There you are," he exclaimed. "It was hard for me to find you in this fog! Let's head over to the light there, it'll take us into the digital world." It was understandable that he had trouble finding me here, after all we could hardly see one another when he was only a foot or two away. He began walking away.

Light? The light is all gone. His behavior was mildly confusing. How did he expect me to find my way to something that didn't exist? I flailed my arms around trying to grasp a hold of Armadillomon’s tail. One of his soft tail spikes was inbetween my thumbs. Now that I had a hold of him I gave a slight tug, just to double-check.

He gave off a yelp of pain, "Ouch! What did you do that for?" With my face shrouded by the mist of our path I smiled. If he couldn't see my enjoyment of his discomfort then I wouldn't be hurting him by smiling.

"Sorry," I responded, suppressing my laughter. "I'm finding it hard to see in here, I was hoping you could lead me to the exit." The information was all true, even if I hadn't needed to pull on the animal's tail. Though my deceit went undetected, Armadillomon didn't want me anywhere near his tail. Instead, he asked that I place my hand on his back if I was having difficulty seeing.

We fell into the Digital World soon after we started moving. My shirt caught on a tree branch when we came through. Without noticing the snag I kept moving. The polo I was wearing ripped at least four inches along the waist. I cursed softly when I heard the tearing sound of my blunder. Armadillomon ruined one of my best shirts by bringing me here!

The scenery was noting special either. The forest we had appeared in looked very similar to those I had lived in around Chilliwack. The pine trees peaked high above my head, and the soil was moist. The chilly water sunk into my shoes and made them somewhat uncomfortable to wear. Ferns covered the woodland floor. Chilliwack and Blackfalds were behind me, the old world was behind me. I don't need any reminders of those places.

Armadillomon spoke in a hushed voice, "I have some people for you to meet. Wait here and I'll be right back with them." He darted off into the thicker brush. His noises of running faded. I began to lose faith that he'd even come back for me. Am I going to become just another dead body in the Digiworld?

He came back soon after leaving. I saw his head poke through a nearby berry shrub. Before I could speak up he receded into it again. Then he punted out a smaller digimon. After that, another one came popping out of the bush. Armadillomon then came out himself.

The first creature that had been shoed into my sight had the head of a small kitten. It had no visible legs or arms. Behind the head was a yellow fan like material that looked almost reptilian. Behind that fan was a thick fluffy tail. "Name's Frimon," he piped up, noticing my interest in his appearance. "Why don't you take a picture?" His attitude could have used improvement.

"And I'm Shaomon!" The second digimon, a small white puppy yipped eagerly. "We're gonna be the best of friends!" He skipped over to me and licked my stitching at the bottom of my cargo pants. The dog creature was freakishly rounded, I felt a strong urge to pick it up and hit it like a volleyball. His stubbly little blue legs might have gotten in the way if I tried. I shoved the puppy away with the flat of my foot, but he just ran up again and tried to bother me more.

"He's your problem now," Frimon said smugly. "I had to put up with that for the last hour while Armadillomon went to fetch you."

The first digimon I had met felt we had spent enough time together. "Alright, come with me Frimon," we have to get you acquainted with your own partner before the sun goes down. "I think it's pretty clear that Shaomon should stay here with... this human." He blushed, realizing that he had never actually asked for my name. Uncomfortable he finished, "So I'll just be right back after Frimon meets his partner."

Just because Armadillomon was way cooler than me didn't mean he was allowed to blow off the fact that he didn't know my name, I thought. Why's he leaving me with this powder puff of a pooch anyway? If anything like those Vilemon came back I didn't think that this mongrel would stand a chance. Frimon had had a very negative attitude towards me but I liked that more than Shaomon's excessive friendliness; that much cheer wasn't natural.

"Why can't Frimon stay here instead?" I complained.

Frimon snickered, "Because the mut likes you more, enjoy! Besides, why would I wanna stay with you when there's a much better human waiting for me?"
Old 10-23-2007, 01:14 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

Gabumon's eyes practically bulged out of his head as I said that. "What?" he asked, almost mortified with my statement. "Shouldn't you be mad at me for trying to take you away from your world?"

I shook my head, grinning a little bit.

"But I've come to take you away! Away from all your friends and family, away from everything that you call familiar and believe to be safe, to throw you into a world of perils and danger! There are good and bad digimon everywhere, and I altlhough I promise that I'll protect you with my life, I can't guarantee that we'll ever be completely safe in any situation! Doesn't that bother you?"

I shook my head once more. "Not in the slightest," I replied.

He sighed a bit, almost upset that I wasn't.

"In fact," I said, "I'd be prepared to leave this world this instant if you asked me to."

Gabumon couldn't contain himself then. He nearly fell over in surprise, shocked that anyone could be so detached to their own world at any given moment. "Are you sure?" he asked. "If I could guarantee you access to the Digital World at any time, there would be nothing that you'd want to go and do or say?"

"Well," I said, hesitating a bit. I noticed that Gabumon sighed a bit in relief that he had me on something. "I might want to go and get some supplies," I said. "But on a more rational thought, I'd see that that'd be impossible for me to leave the house again anytime soon, after the way I left tonight, and besides that, there'd barely be any time at all before someone would call the police after seeing you. Frankly, we're proably collectively safer in your world than this one. I can't protect you very well in this world, since that would be the case."

Gabumon sighed once again, this time in relief. It appeared that he didn't really want to go through any serious work for just getting me into his world, just that he was worried mainly for me that I might have second thoughts partway through. "So I guess the only thing left to do is to find a digital gate, and at the rate that our worlds are unravelling, it would seem that there should be another reachable one before the moon comes up."

My eyebrows raised in surprise at his comment. He obviously knew more about the crisis at hand than any other human in this world, apparently. In fact, he knew just so much, that it was barely an hour that had passed before his nose started sniffing loudly.

"A portal is coming," he said. "We must make haste."

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker
Old 10-23-2007, 01:29 AM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

I looked at the sleek and muscular Digimon. "Wow," I said softly to myself. He was so, perfect. Strong and handsome, he had to be the greatest.

"If you are done admiring my body," he said with a sigh "we have to go." His nostrils were flaring, picking up every scent possible. He looked at me with a sense of worry in his eyes that quickly faded. "But I suppose you know all about it."

"All about what?" I asked. But it was to late. He told me what to do and I complied. I held out my device and said, unbelievingly, "Digi-Port open!" A vast portal filled with swirling masses had came out of the general area my device was pointed to. "Do I go in?" I asked with a tiny bit of fear showing through. He nodded and I began to step towards it when I heard a voice.

"What are you doing Ryan?" my mom asked, stepping behind BlackAgumon.

"I'm going on an adventure," I replied, the enthusiasm replacing the fear in my voice.

"Well, okay." she said amazed and then turned and wispered to BlackAgumon what sounded like "Take care of him." I shook the thought out of my head and stepped into the portal. I felt my body become data as I took my first step into the Digital World. I found myself humming the Digi-Port music from Adventure02 as I was sucked away from the Real World.

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 10-23-2007, 02:26 AM
Exophi Offline

IC: Armadillomon trotted of with Frimon wrapped around his neck. He struggled to march over the ferns, which had more height than he did. A few of the leaves were going into his open mouth and snout. Some low-lying greenery that looked similar to poison ivy rubbed against the left side of his shell.

"Serves him, leaving me with this garbage," I mumbled greedily, not caring my digimon overheard me. Shaomon was not the sort of creature I had expected to be paired with. Judging by his appearance, the dog would be completely useless if anything threatening came along. Even now he was chasing his tail with an animated exuberance. I stuck out my leg into his path. Because the animal was so focused on its tail he ran headlong into my foot.

He yiped shrilly. Even my eyes stung because of the noise it made. The high-pitched sound rang for a few seconds in my ears before I could hear anything else. When I looked down again, Shaomon was once again chasing his tail, as though nothing had happened. With indifference in my mood he smiled and shouted, "Sorry I ran into your foot! Won't do it again. Look out, something's trying to sneak up on me!" Obnoxiously loud, his barking had created a headache for me.

Enough waiting, I was going to follow Armadillomon. Who could he have to meet that was more important than me? Regardless, I was going to find out. I didn't look back at Shaomon when I asked uncaringly, "Coming?"

"But we're supposed to stay!"

"You can," I told him clearly, "But I'm going to follow Armadillomon." I kept moving, and Shaomon pouted before leaping after me. While he tried to keep pace with me his stubby little legs had him tripping over a variety of different items such as roots, rocks, lumps, and leaves. "Hurry up," I uttered, after he had just tumbled down into a puddle of semi-thick mud.

"HELP! It's quicksand!" Shaomon covered his beady black eyes using elongated ears. Splashes could be heard while he flailed his miniature paws. I covered my ears while the puppy was screaming wildly. Only did the cries stop for a moment after I knelt down beside the pool. We made eye contact and the dog blinked a few times, awaiting my aid.

Sighing, I decided to see if he would figure out that it wasn't hard for him to escape on his own. "You realize it's physically impossible for you to actually sink, right? The principles of buoyancy are on your side." Still chin-deep (about six-inches) in the muck, Shaomon only blinked a few more times; he obviously didn’t comprehend his situation. "The stuff you're in is heavier than you," I explained, "So you shouldn't be able to sink into it anymore than you have already."

He barked, bringing pain back into my head. "Don't you know anything about the Digiworld?" The bog bubbled a bit and after a slight sucking noise Shaomon was pulled in so that only his eyes and back could be spotted.

I cursed suddenly, both in shock and in knowing that a puppy had outsmarted me. Reaching an arm over the small pool of mud I pulled out my digimon by the scruff of his neck. He was dripping with digimud, so I placed him down a fair distance from myself after wiping off his fur on the bark of a nearby tree.

He brushed off against some of the ferns then freed the filthy fragments of remaining mud by shaking off. Because of his dog-like nature he insisted on doing so directly beside me. Spray flew over the pants I was wearing. With a surprising degree of difficulty I suppressed the urge to kick the animal.

"Let's just find where the armadillo went," I growled.

OOC: I have no reason to share the story from a good point of view, yet...
Old 10-25-2007, 06:57 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

We ran and we ran and we ran and we ran. Time appeared to be of the essence, so once again, as I had done not to much earlier, I picked up Gabumon and put him up on my shoulders so we could go faster. This time it went unnoticed though - it seemed that his focus on the digital gate was far more intense than anything as petty as personal decency. He merely directed me through this world that he had spent the grand total of an hour and a half in.

For the most part we ran parallel with the highway, only breaking off after about twenty minutes of running. We went very far, and it took me a long time to realise where I even was. This was only possible from the sound of plane engines roaring up nearby, when I realised that I was near the local airport. I was surprised that there were planes coming in and out at all, what with all the strange problems we'd been having, but I only took a moment to realise that many of the planes were on short-wave radios, which was the reason that this was our local airport, and not the Vancouver one. Gabumon seemed agitated by the airplanes around him, and when I asked him, I was a bit surprised by the response.

"Humans don't seem to realise yet that electrical anything just goes haywire in digital storms!" he exclaimed impatiently. I was out of breath and concentrating only on running, so I had no time for a reply. "Especially with the power of the digimon that's coming through... he's going to make a bit of a mess here." I raised an eyebrow, but kept my mouth more concentrated on breathing than making a response. Gabumon needed my help, and because of that, I felt that I could trust his word completely and that I would be safe in following him.

"There!" he exclaimed, pointing to a shimmer in the middle of the airstrip. There was something wrong with the air there... it seemed to be wavering like the air above a road might in severe heat. But that would only be an optical illusion. This, on the other hand, was very creepy. I noticed a plane in the background going back down the runway to make space for a take-off.

Then came a blast of energy from the sky, like a lightning bolt, but completely straight. It was an amazing sight, but it was quickly muddled up when a fog appeared out of what seemed to be nothing. I gasped a bit, slowing down to a halt a few metres away from where the air had been acting up and I let the fog come to me, completely emersing me and my digimon friend. My senses started acting up like crazy, and my instinct was just telling me that something big was coming. The fog stopped coming, settling where it was as if it decided that it had taken enough space and didn't need to go any farther. Before I could try to see through the fog, a loud crunching emitted into the air, and I recognised it as that of concrete cracking beneathe extreme weight.

This wasn't like Raremon, though. This was huge. I was proven right when an ear piercing roar filled the air. The fog around us started to disperse a bit, and there in the middle of the fog was not one, but two digimon. One was a huge dinosaur digimon, probably 30 feet tall. It was black with red strips in some places, and it reminded me of a T-Rex. The other one was much smaller than it's neighbour. This one was definitely a small blue dog that stood on it's hind legs, and most curious of all were the boxing gloves he wore on his upper paws.

"We're in for trouble," Gabumon said. "Those are DarkTyrannamon and Gaomon."

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker
Old 10-26-2007, 02:18 AM
Exophi Offline

IC: My companion and I reached the meadow where Armadillomon was meeting with someone. Hiding behind a wide tree I occasionally peeked around to try and figure out who was there. Crouching low to the ground made it difficult for me to see them through the tall grass. Being so short normally, Shaomon couldn't see well other. To get a better look he darted into the vegetation without even asking. The long grass shifted noticeably as the dog made his way towards the others in the field.

In a stream, the golden-green grass parted, revealing Shaomon's general movements. The dog had lost its way and was carrying on in a continuous circular fashion. I hoped Armadillomon wouldn't be too upset after he discovered we were spying on him. Curiousity wasn't something I should be punished for anyway, maybe Shaomon, but not me. It's going to take a miracle for that animal to get close to the others unnoticed, I though gloomily.

Here the ground felt dry, a very clear difference from the area we had just left. My hands formed cracks in the earth when I only put slight weight on them. Once I began crawling into the field a cloud of dust stirred up underneath me. Fighting the urge to sneeze I scanned around the area for Shaomon. He couldn't be spotted yet. For a split-second I popped my head out of the grass to try and get a hint on where my partner had gone. A couple feet to my left the grass stirred, hopefully it was the mutt. Just as Armadillomon turned to face me I ducked below the grass.

Darn it, I thought angrily, I should have paid attention on who Armadillomon was talking to than that dumb mongrel. A snapping twig reminded me of the importance of stopping Shaomon right now, Dog first, mole later.

Pushing a thick patch of the weeds aside revealed my 'new pet'. He was still caked in a crisp layer of dried mud from the nose down. He yapped excitedly, "There you are, I got lost!” I slapped a hand over his mouth and with me other free arm pulled him to my side. As he was struck in the face a dirty cloud formed from his filthy fur. He struggled to escape my grip at first but soon calmed down. Dropping him to the ground upon his rear, I made a shushing gesture with my lips and finger.

Shaomon nodded vivaciously, his stubbed tail and legs rigid. After he gave a playful (though feeble) salute his stern expression lifted and he spontaneously returned to his normal gay state. Now he seemed more active than ever. This mission was all a game for him. If we get caught I'm blaming the entire affair on him, I decided. Unsuspecting my back-up plan, the pup's tail wagged as ferociously as ever and his eyes gleamed childishly.

Motioning to move in, I quietly reminded Shaomon that we had to stay quiet. He slid along the ground like a guerilla soldier, except for the fact that his over-excited tail was whipping up a miniature sandstorm in my eyes. As we grew closer to the other two digimon and their strange friend, it grew obvious that Frimon was complaining about something.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:45 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

"What?" I asked in surprise.

Gabumon didn't take time to explain. He leapt off of my shoulders and landed hard onto the ground before me, taking a battle stance. "Be on your guard, Ian," he said.

Gaomon quickly spotted us, while the DarkTyrannamon took more interest in the loud hum of the airplane that looked like it was going to attempt a take off! He growled loudly, his tail whipping hard against the ground sending conglomerate everywhere. With that, he took a step to the side, making it look like he was planning on playing chicken with the plane. Goamon, however, came rushing at us with amazing speed.

"Gao Rush!" he shouted, sending a barrage of punches towards Gabumon.

I stood, mortified, as these two digimon started fighting before us.

"Blue Blaster!" Gabumon cried out, sending a wave of icy energy at his opponent.

The two duked it out for a moment while the plane started to speed up into lift-off speeds. DarkTyrannamon growled loudly, something of a grin appearing on his jurrasic face.

"He's already chosen alleigance to the Light!" Gabumon cried out through the punches. The two digimon were now rolling around on the concrete. "He'll never go with you!"

The plane started to rush to the DarkTyrannamon, lifting up a bit as it did so. The opposing digimon simply got a better grip on the ground.

"I was sent back for him as well! How dare a mere digimon like yourself dictate prophecy?" Gaomon cried back, sending a punch that Gabumon barely rolled away from. The two were a tangle of flying fists and soaring kicks. Gabumon attempted a few Blue Blasters on his new opponent, but it wasn't as effective close-range.

As the plane lifted off before the giant digimon, DarkTyrannamon emitted a loud roar, grabbing the plane by it's wing and catching it quite stunningly in mid-air.

"You know you're fighting for the wrong side!" Gabumon growled, a fist now pushing into his cheek. "What hopes possibly await you?"

DarkTyrannamon opened up his mouth and let out a stream of flames that set the other half of the plane on fire. If the passengers within it weren't already unconscious from whiplash, they might've wanted to consider getting out while they still could.

"Only the glorification of serving my Master!" Gaomon screamed as Gabumon grazed his arm with his horn.

The black dinosaur then got a good footing and started swinging the the plane around like a helicopter, a monstrous laugh erupting from his jowls. With a might swing, he let the plane go and it came sailing towards us.

I'll never know if that move by him was on purpose, or merely a miscalculation, for I never did get to find out. Gaomon and Gabumon realised at the same time that this heap of burning metal (and presumably flesh) was soaring towards themselves, but more importantly it seemed, to me. The both looked away from their fight and connected eyes with me, then in a swift lunge, Gabumon grabbed hold of my left arm and Gaomon my right one. I barely had time to grunt in surprise, my eyes widening in shock as the plane bounced hard off the concrete once then sailing barely a few metres away from me before I started to tip back with the force of the two digimon lunging at me.

As I toppled back, I braced myself for a fall that never ended. Instead I found myself falling backwards through a grey abyss, the image of a flaming plane inches away from me fading slowing into the greyness.

I felt the two digimon pulling at me from a force that I couldn't locate. I felt like I was floating downwards into nothingness, yet these two digimon still had something to push back against to create opposing friction to make me something of the rope in a game of tug-o-war. To my surprise, the two little digimon, both barely half my size, were making a lot of pain from the centre of my being! I felt like I was being torn apart!

I looked to Gabumon whose eyes were silently pleading to me, then to Gaomon who had a look of desperation on his face. I didn't know either of these digimon, but they had both just saved my life simultaneously, and I had no way of knowing who I would choose to pull away from. In this increasingly colder abyss, I didn't want to make the choice of pulling away from both of them and possibly sacrificing my own life.

"Follow me, Ian!" Gabumon exclaimed. "Follow me to the Light!"

"Master!" Gaomon yelled. "Don't listen to him! He's only trying to decieve you! Follow me!"

The pain in my middle was overwhelming now, and I tilted my head back in a cry of pain. In the corners of my eyes, I glimpsed something like a spacial view of the earth beneath us, but the pain from my body overpowered all my other senses, and I felt as if I had just started to peel in half. Another scream let go from my mouth before I felt a ripping pain in my back, then I blacked out to the two digimon crying unanimously, "IAN!"

OOC: Eep! Sorry about this one guys... I just couldn't end it in between!

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker
Old 10-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

It had been another humdrum day for me. School had finished for the day, my friends and I had played some basketball, and I had once again failed to work up the courage to ask Saira out. The weather was, as per usual in Seattle Washington, cloudy. And so, being unable to go outside and enjoy myself in the bleak weather, I was stuck helping my parents out in the restaurant. And for me, that meant dishes. Scrub one, scrub two, scrub three, just keep on scrubbing. In fact, where it not for what was going to happen to me in a matter of seconds, the day would probably have been worth nothing. See, I was taking a break from my dish washing, playing video games, when the room suddenly became a whole lot darker. What little light had been shining from behind the clouds had vanished, replaced with an eerie chill. I merely assumed that the clouds had just gotten thicker, and I got off of the couch, turned around, and walked over to the light switch. Now, normally those details would have been considered minor, but this is a special case. Because when I turned back around, there was an over-sized gray lizard on my couch, observing the television and the game with great interest. Naturally, I screamed. Naturally, the hustle and bustle of the restaurant, which happened to be attached to the side of the house, drowned it out. Except for the lizard, who turned around and said “Hello.” in a mainly emotionless but still somewhat friendly voice. And not fake friendly either, you know, like the bad guys in crappy anime shows do when they pretend to be good guys, but real friendly. He didn't smile though. That's what made it seem all the more convincing. If he was evil, trying to trick me, he would have smiled, that I'm sure of. He stood up, walked over to me, and bowed. Unsure of what to do, I simply bowed back.

“There is no reason for you to bow to me Master.” That caught me off guard. Not the no bowing thing, but the fact he called me master.
“You're one of those Digimon things that they keep talking about on the news, aren't you?” I asked. He didn't look like the giant monsters attacking various cities and making Godzilla look like Tokyo's friend, and he was certainly not as bloodthirsty as the media made Digimon out to be, but normally you don't have giant lizards talking to you and calling you master.
“Yes, as a matter of fact I am.” He still didn't show any sort of emotion when he talked. “Although don't ask me how you humans figured out that that's what we're called. I'm guessing some random Digimon mentioned it at some point. I am ShadowAgumon. And I take it you're Cole?”
“Yeah, that's me. How do you know my name?” I asked again. I had a feeling that the questions were getting annoying to ShadowAgumon, but he didn't show it. Still.
“I was sent here to find you. Now come on. I dont know how long it will be until he figures out where you are too.” ShadowAgumon grabbed my hand at this point and began pulling me along. Since he was twice my strength and I didn't particularly want to annoy him too much, I went ahead and walked with him, calmly telling myself that it was cool that a Digimon was kidnapping me, provided I didn't die. To pass the time, more questions.
“Who are you talking about? There are others coming after me?”
“Yes. Just one though, some punk who thinks he's he coolest thing since ice. I've got to get you out of here before he finds you, because if he does, we're all in deep trouble.”
“And exactly why would we be in deep trouble?”
“Well, for one thing, you're one of the seven keys that can save the Digital World, and my purpose is to help you with that. If the other one gets to you, then he can turn you to the side of Darkness, and then we'll all be doomed.”
“Oh. Now I get it.” I didn't get it. There were still a million questions running through my mind, but since I had just said “I get it” without realizing it, I couldn't exactly ask them all without looking like an idiot. There was one that I felt was safe to ask though. At this point we were outside, in the middle of a surprisingly empty street. It was still light out (figuratively speaking of course, the clouds made it dark as night, but it was only about four), so where was everyone? The people in the restaurant were there, but everyone else was gone. I looked into the sky and saw why. I had assumed the clouds had merely blocked out the sun, but instead a landscape had simply taken it's place. A very large landscape, about the size of a continent. Everyone must have been scared off because of it. Still, I had one non-idiotic question left in me and I was going to ask it. “Who's 'the other guy'?”

“That would be me.” A cold voice came from behind a nearby building. A figure then followed it. It appeared to be a dog. Of sorts. Like ShadowAgumon, it was clearly a Digimon, as dogs don't generally stand on two feet or lack fur, requiring them to wear a fur coat. This one's fur and skin happened to be pure white, with a small blue symbol in the middle of his stomach. “I am ShineGabumon, and you, my friend, have been tricked by this... incompetent. He is the evil one, not me. I have come to rescue you.” But ShineGabumon was clearly a bad actor. I could hear the lying in his voice, the evil in his eyes. He may have been quiet, but ShadowAgumon was clearly much nicer than this guy.
“Back off furball. The Master is coming with me, to his proper destiny.” ShadowAgumon looked angrily at ShineGabumon. “You have no right to take him from that.”
“But I am Cole's destiny. He and I are meant to be partnered. I was sent by my Master to offer him this place at his side. Think about it Cole. Power. Strength. Wisdom. All yours. If you join me, help my Master, and work by my side, he can give you all of that and more, anything your heart desires.” Okay, tempting offer there. Really tempting. It was unbelievable how tempting that offer was. But then again, if ShineGabumon's Master was really offering all of that, then chances were this was just the generic villain's offer to switch sides, and by doing it, I may be gaining much, but I'd be losing my honor, and the respect of all others. Let's see, Light and honor, or Darkness and everything my heart desired. Light or Dark. Honor or desire. It was painful. Everything in my heart was telling me to ignore the offer, but everything in my brain was telling me to accept it. I didn't know what to do. This little crisis of what to do was marked even more by the fact that in the little movements of a heated conversation that would lead to fighting, we had all ended up moving down the street towards an intersection, in other words, a crossroads. How fitting, especially considering how ShadowAgumon was on one street and ShineGabumon was on another. I only slightly registered this, however, as my mind was in conflict with itself. I barely noticed the location, the fact that the two Digimon had lunged at each other, in a battle to the death over me (something that ordinarily I would have enjoyed the idea of), that they were perfectly matched, or that there was a shining beam of light headed straight for me. The Digimon didn't notice either, too busy trying to kill each other, and I was very nearly struck by it. It hit the ground right in front of me, and I kneeled down in my daze to look at it.

Barely, I registered that it was some sort of device, almost like a Gameboy, and that it was white with the buttons being gray. Had I been really paying attention and Saira had been around, I would have noted at her, being an artist, pointing out that it was an absolutely neutral gray, equidistant from black and white on the spectrum. I didn't notice this, however, too caught up in my indecision. Such a choice should have been easy for me to make. Honor was everything, as was good. But then, power was also good, and it could only come from darkness. I picked up the device, and began randomly pressing buttons. It made a beeping sound, loud enough to distract the digimon. They looked over at me and saw what I was doing.
“Master, no! It's not time yet!” ShadowAgumon yelled.
“Cole, wait, you need to choose first!” ShineGabumon yelled as well. At that precise moment, I hit another button, and the ground beneath the three of us began to glow, a perfect circle in the middle of the crossroads.
“ShineGabumon, you're gonna have to help me out on this, I wasn't paying atttention when it was being explained to me. What's happening?” ShadowAgumon called to his opponent over the din that the circle was generating.
“The Digivice is what's happening you idiot!” ShineGabumon called back. “It's opening up an interdimensional portal linking this world to the Digiworld, and we're all being sucked through!” Meanwhile I was still thinking. I couldn't decide. The conflicting thoughts bounced against each other, creating more and more confusion within me as the two Digimon ran over to me. I looked at them as the portal slowly began to suck us in.
“Master, you have to choose, now! If we go through the portal and you haven't, your conflicting thoughts will tear you apart. It'll destroy you!” and then two thoughts hit me at the same time, both perfectly clear, both simultaneous, and that's what did the trick.
Saira would want me to choose light
He said I could have anything. That would include Saira.
And with that I fell over, towards ShadowAgumon, who caught me. Weakly, I cracked open my eyes and looked into the blackness of the portal that surrounded us. He smiled, the first emotion he had shown to me. Then he looked over at ShineGabumon with a triumphant smile on his face, and gasped.

OOC: Sorry I took so long to post, but I've been absolutely and completely swamped. I tried to catch up as best I could in one post. And I promise I'll be active now, I've cleared away some of the crap that was keeping me away.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Exophi Offline

OOC:
Wow, I didn't see a post like that coming. Nice recovery!

IC:
Shaomon and I crawled in the direction of Frimon's whine. When we saw the group of three our view still wasn't very good. I didn't want to come out of the tall grass and risk being spotted, so I put up with this position for now. Armadillomon and Frimon had their backs to us, and were talking to someone that was lying in the shadow of a large arbutus tree.

"But I want the other human now," Frimon whined audibly. "This one's a pushover."

Armadillomon swatted the back of Frimon's head with his tail. "Quiet," he whispered, loud enough for us to hear it, "You didn't want Adam back there, so you're going to have to have this human now." I wondered how he had found out my name.

"Please? I'll make a deal with Shaomon," Frimon persisted, "We can trade humans!"

"Humans aren't toys Frimon," lectured Armadillomon, "You can't just swap them like school lunch treats!" Did digimon have school, or was Armadillomon just making references to things that happened in the real world?

I snickered in the bushes, remembering how Frimon had said before that he had a better human waiting for him. For a few moments I absorbed the grudge that I had been feeling against Frimon. Even if Armadillomon didn't want us switching partners I would be glad to get rid of Shaomon. But, I might hold onto him just to spite Frimon some more.

Who was this other human that Armadillomon had found, anyway? I couldn't get a good view of him, because the two digimon as well as the orange-barked tree blocked him. I could only see the back of his head and shirt. His hair was a little shorter than my own, and seemed to be sandy-blonde in colour, but I couldn't tell because of the shading. He wore a shirt similar to the one I was wearing as well.

"Sure we can swap humans," Frimon continued, determined to get me rather than this new person. "If I can convince the humans to swap to will you let us?"

Armadillomon hit Frimon with his tail again. "I'll have no more of this talk," he demanded, "It's destiny which human you end up with. That's why I had to search round the world to find the perfect matches for this human pair!"

"If you searched round the world to match us up yourself," Frimon paused, thinking over the statement in his head, "Then how was destiny involved in the choices?"

"Well it," Armadillomon faltered. "It was destiny that I had gone to search for you and," now confused himself, Armadillomon had to think everything over in his mind. "And it was destiny that led me to you two."

Frimon grumbled some gibberish under his breath. "Well maybe it was destiny that you would pair us up wrong and we'd have to switch partners too..." The small cat crawled over to whoever was behind the arbutus and tried to find out more about him.

Armadillomon turned around and started to head back into the woods, likely going to retrieve Shaomon and I. We'd need to make it back to the spot before he did.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

When I awoke, I knew before I even opened my eyes that something was terribly different. I was no longer on the hard, smooth conglomerate of the Chilliwack Airport runway, nor was I in the same condition that I had been previously. My heartbeat felt slower, deeper, colder. I felt empty inside, like there was a vital part of me missing. Before I could even dare to open my eyes and find out what was wrong with me, I did a body part test, checking my neck, my chest, my arms, my feet, my toes, my hands... My hands? There was still that strange device held tight within my clenched fist. It felt like ice right now... And my other hand was held back by something. For some reason that didn't come to my attention at that moment.

Now sure that all my body parts were functioning, I opened my eyes and found myself in a strange, cloudy area. I was evidently in a large, open meadow, but the grass around me wasn't lush - it was dead. I leaned up a bit, now seeing that there weren't any trees nearby, just mountains far off in the distance. My soft, white jacket around my body didn't seem to be doing much for me, as a shiver passed right through my core. I moved my free hand back a bit, planning on using it to prop myself up, but it was only pulled back by a feeble grasp of -

"Gabumon!" The little guy was still there, clinging to my arm with all the strength that he had in him. I looked at his brown eyes, half open in fatigue.

"Good... you're awake," he uttered. "I thought that something terrible... you were changing..." He paused for a moment, his eyes glazing over for a brief while. "No matter," he continued. "You're okay now, and that's what matters. Now I can do a better job protecting you..."

I smiled a bit, a bit overwhelmed by his protectiveness. "You should be more worried about getting better youself now," I told him, pulling him into my lap. I stuffed the digivice in my pocket in the motion, relinquishing it's icy grip on my palm. Shaking it out, I patted Gabumon on the head and held him like I used to hold my puppy in Chilliwack. "Now, let's see if we can't get to a place a little less... open for attack," I said with a grin. I started to get up, my legs creaking in protest from lack of use, and I pushed myself off of the ground into a standing position. I looked around, seeing a little hill not too far off with a standing of rocks large boulders around it. It looked like refuse of a quarry, but there was no mine to be seen anywhere. Taking a deep breath, I walked over there, glad that Gabumon wasn't protesting to my carrying him. He seemed to be a pretty independant digimon, especially with his urge to protect me, and I didn't imagine at first that he would've stood for it. However, I made it there with no complaints from him, and I soon found myself surrounded by giant rocks about twice the size of me. There were many that were smaller, but they failed in comparison to these big, grey boulders. I sat down on a smaller one, leaning against its larger brother behind me, and let Gabumon rest against my chest. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

He nodded lightly, breathing deeply. "I'm just... a little tired," he replied. "A bit confused, but that should go away soon enough anyway. Going back and forth between worlds shouldn't be a thing someone does for fun." He smiled weakly before closing his eyes and starting to rest.

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker
Old 10-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

There was absolutely nothing that could prepare me for what I saw when I looked in the direction ShadowAgumon did. Absolutely nothing. Because standing there, next to ShineGabumon, completely unphased by what had just happened and staring straight at me, was me. Well, not exactly me. I could tell that somehow this person was different. The same, yet different, sort of like a twin. Except that I was an only child. No this guy was exactly the same as me, save for the fact that his coat was black while mine was blue. Wait a second... I looked down, and saw that my own coat had changed colors, and was now white. Well that was unexpected. Whatever. This was less expected. There were only two differences between us, one of which showed me that this was in no way me. The first was the coat, which obviously wasn't it. What it was was the way he looked at me. His eyes showed none of the warmth that mine where so famous for. They only showed the bleak cold emptiness of a hollow shell. No smile, no frown, no twinkle in the eyes or hatred or even just dislike. Not even boredom. Just... nothing. And then I felt a sharp pain in my side as we fell through the inky blackness, almost as if I had hit a wall, which was confirmed by the fact that our opposite pair had dissapeared behind what I had hit, and did not reappear.

A few seconds passed and I looked back at ShadowAgumon.
"ShadowAgumon, what was that all about?" I asked.
"...I don't know Master. We weren't told about this possibility. But if I had to guess, I would say that your conflicting thoughts combined with the energy of the portal literally and figuratively tore you in two, between your good side and your dark side. It's very scary though, because that would mean that either your own power is diminished, weakening the entire group, or the enemy now has the power of a Digidestined. Either way, we're in big trouble now." A few more minutes passed and I stood up, my energy retuned to me. If I didn't know better (and quite frankly I'm not even sure if I did) I would have said that it was the distance between myself and Dark Cole that restored me.
"So why exactly is it so dark in here ShadowAgumon?"
"Well sir, to put it simply, I believe that this tunnel is actually passing through the fabric of the universe itself, meaning that if you were to look out of it, as you might very well do without the darkness, you would see the entire universe in a single glance. It's believed that such a sight would either drive a man to insanity so intense that it would basically seperate every particle in the very fabric of his being, totally and utterly destroying him, or give him such wisdom and knowledge that it would make him a god, and he would transcend mortal existence and become a part of the ether, gaining full and ultimate power. No one can be sure what the answer is though, because in the short time that we've had the technology to do this, the few people actually insane enough to do it haven't returned. We'd rather not risk it with you guys." This drew a gulp from me. "No need to worry it over though, we're almost at the exit. Welcome to a new world." And with that, we unceremoniously fell out of the portal and I landed flat on my face.