Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Legend of the Gods

Okay, this is my first fic being posted here (I have more on Fanfiction,net ^_^). Basically it's a legend about Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Feel free to review here! It's kinda short too, so bear with me.

Gather 'round, young ones. I have a story to tell you tonight, a story about the three great Pokemon Gods. Now now, settle down! You youngsters are always so full of energy! Well, I'll get right to it then. Gather 'round, young ones, whilst I spin this tale for you now...

Long ago, there were two great Weather Gods who controlled the weather. They were Groudon, the God of the Sun and Heat, and Kyogre, the God of Storms and Water. And there was Rayquaza, the GodKeeper, who watched over these two mighty Gods. It was his sole job to watch over and guard these Pokemon Gods, and very few people knew of his existence.

The two Gods lived in peace. They were well-known to exist and worshipped by people, who gave them many blessings every day for the weather they bought when it was needed. These two Gods often travelled together, because sometimes one would need to take care of a little mess the other had made on accident. Groudon bought life-giving light and heat, and Kyogre bought needed water and coolness.

One day, however, things changed. A group of greedy men decided they wanted to control the weather as well, and to do that, they needed to catch the two Gods. So they set out, and for many days they searched for the two Gods. When they finally found them, a titanic battle ensued. Then, after much fighting, the Gods were caught. But at the very second their freedom was taken, the weather began to go crazy! One moment there was overwhelming sunlight and heat, and the next there was a massive downpour that threatened to drown the world. They men, knowing they had caused this, quickly came to a decision and released the captive Gods. But the damage was done.

The Gods, infuriated by their capture, began to battle one another. The weather grew worse as the two titans battled fiercely, each blaming the other for what had happened. The men watched in terror, unable to stop the battle. And then, a miraculous event happened.

A beautiful note sounded out suddenly, and with a brilliant flare of bright light, the mighty GodKeeper Rayquaza appeared. Man and Pokemon alike were entranced by the song and the awesomeness of the great Dragon as he floated above them. His song was soft, and seemed to speak out. 'Peace,' it seemed to say.

Then the song grew stronger and more beautiful at once as a soft yet undeniably powerful voice floated across the minds of those gathered.

~Peace, brothers, be at ease. Do not fight one another, all shall be well. Rest now, and let there be harmony once more.~

And with these words, Rayquaza closed his eyes. The Gods Groudon and Kyogre also closed their eyes as the gentle song lulled them into a deep, peaceful slumber. And as the Gods fell into this slumber, the weather returned to normal. Then the Dragon turned his attention to the men gathered below.

~Only those who truly understand their power may wield it. Remember the lesson you have learned this day, humans, and remember it for all your days. Never forget.~

And with another shining flash of light, the three Pokemon disappeared...

Ah, young ones. I see you all captivated, your eyes wide. Such a funny scene! It pleases me to see you all so happy. But I can see a question in your young eyes. What lesson was Rayquaza speaking of? Well, I'll tell you. He spoke of the responsibllity of knowledge, dear ones. When someone knows something, it is up to them to use that knowledge in the right way. Knowledge is power, young ones, a power that must be used with caution and care, because you never know when something you know or do may change the world, for better, or for worse.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 03-19-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill
Default Re: Legend of the Gods

Well... I can say that this is something I'm new to. In the fan-fiction section, there have always been lengthy stories about trainers and so on, but never an actually detailed account of something that was so summarized before. I think it was neat how you didn't introduce the speaker, though the audience can infer the relative age and experiences of he/she. It was an interesting take on the subject, and was neat how you incoporated the Legends into acutal Legends -- an ironic point in itself. You placed the "Legendary Pokémon" as Gods, alluding to such Mythology as the Greeks and Romans. All and all, it was short and sweet, and I throughouly enjoyed it. ^_^ Keep up the good work!

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 03-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Legend of the Gods

Thanks for the review. I'm planning on writing a longer fic about some stranded Pokemon...>_> but I can't give away too much! Gotta get to work on it. Anyways, glad you liked the fic ^_^.

^Rock Musical Bleach^