Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Katera Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Katera Send a message via MSN to Katera Send a message via Yahoo to Katera Send a message via Skype™ to Katera
Post URPG Mystery gift??

Hey I was just wondering if you guys think doing a mystery gift like every month or something like that for the URPG would be a good Idea?

Like a mod or someone will give you a random gift every month or so?

PS: I don't know if this is the right board to put this thread on
Old 03-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San
Default Re: URPG Mystery gift??

The place for this is URPG Related Chat, and I dont like the idea =\

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 03-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Might as well talk about this in this thread... seeing as it is already made...

I can see each of the members being assigned a number, and when at the end of the month, a mod can use a randomizer twice, once picking the member who gets the item and two the item that person gets. Items get an assigned number too....

That is just how I see this working if implimented into the URPG.

That, or whoever wants to enter can place a small donation into a pool of money and the randomizer picks the member and the member wins that money... but that is a lotto... so lol XD
Old 03-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
Might as well talk about this in this thread... seeing as it is already made...

I can see each of the members being assigned a number, and when at the end of the month, a mod can use a randomizer twice, once picking the member who gets the item and two the item that person gets. Items get an assigned number too....

That is just how I see this working if implimented into the URPG.

That, or whoever wants to enter can place a small donation into a pool of money and the randomizer picks the member and the member wins that money... but that is a lotto... so lol XD
That sounds like a good idea. Great for bringing it up Katera!

And Matthew your idea could work though I think people have to be active to be entered in or it will be wasted possibly on inactive members who might come here once every two months for two minutes.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 03-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Katera Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Katera Send a message via MSN to Katera Send a message via Yahoo to Katera Send a message via Skype™ to Katera
Post Re: URPG Mystery gift??

Yeah true and I love the idea Matthew I wasn't sure how we could do it beacuse their are so many members so thats a great Idea
Old 03-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Keeper_of_Light Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Keeper_of_Light

hmm, just an idea but maybe you could lets say do mystery gift with peple but only once a week per person and you get points for going it and save them up to buy stuff? Just another idea. You would post saying who you had done it with in a thread of course and the other person would confirm it.

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
Old 03-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Katera Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Ohhhhh maybe yeah I don't know hum sound kind of good I like Matthews Idea more tho.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:52 PM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark

This sounds like fun!

Try like the rules are to have post per day higher (certain number) and all those are egible will enter.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

It can't work:

1. If you gave it to a randome person everytime, others might get upset or something.
2. If you gave it to most dedicated it will definatly go and move around between 3-4 people (Me, Dap, JT and Jack and maybe a couple more)
3. If we gave it according to posting, well, there are more dedicated people than those whom post in URPG like Jack for example in spite of his last lack of activity due to computer problems.
4. I just don't like it because it can be unfair to get things without working hard on them, even lottery takes money from you and legendaries are obtained through hard work.

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 03-22-2005, 10:25 PM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark

For number 3 I meant those people are active 2-3 times a week. I do not meant those who aren't on for months and do a couple of post and don't come bck untill nex couple of months.

Obtainble thing will be items.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer San
It can't work:

1. If you gave it to a randome person everytime, others might get upset or something.
2. If you gave it to most dedicated it will definatly go and move around between 3-4 people (Me, Dap, JT and Jack and maybe a couple more)
3. If we gave it according to posting, well, there are more dedicated people than those whom post in URPG like Jack for example in spite of his last lack of activity due to computer problems.
4. I just don't like it because it can be unfair to get things without working hard on them, even lottery takes money from you and legendaries are obtained through hard work.
Yeah.... it is unfair, but Mystery Gift is random and since when was Random fair?
Old 03-22-2005, 11:29 PM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight

Plus it doesn't need to be cheap... it could be, like 1000$ or a Potion as a prize... (Keep it to low/medium leveled items...)
Old 03-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Katera Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Yeah like Jack could put like 5 or 10 potions and then 5 or 10 ethers and then just one good Item in a hat on paper and thats an odd of 20 too 1 so theres not a very good chance that you will get a good item its just down to the hat and luck not even luck just the hat and Jack or who ever does it.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:32 AM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

Quote:
Originally Posted by katera
Yeah like Jack could put like 5 or 10 potions and then 5 or 10 ethers and then just one good Item in a hat on paper and thats an odd of 20 too 1 so theres not a very good chance that you will get a good item its just down to the hat and luck not even luck just the hat and Jack or who ever does it.
The thing is noone uses items like potions in the URPG, they should really be taken off the Pokemart...

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 03-23-2005, 01:38 AM
Katera Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Question Re: URPG Mystery gift??

Oh ok?? what do you mean, you can't use the item or what?