Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Kaile Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: [REVIVED!] Chronicles of the Shards

wow....
that was really good unfortunately i'm just in the second chapter...
but its cool..
i'll keep reading..
Old 06-11-2008, 11:03 PM
PMDFan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Murkrow View Post
This chapter is probably my least favorite. A lot happens in here, so I don't blame any of you if you're confused. One subplot gets resolved, though.

Chapter 26

I approached the Kingler that used to be Salty, reaching with one paw before I forced myself to think otherwise. Salty was corrupted, but he could not be saved; Regice was also corrupted, but I could remove his Shard. There was no Shard within Salty. I turned to Regice, who seemed surprised that I had saved him.

“Damn it, Regice,” I swore at the Legend, feeling my innards squirm as soon as I had uttered these words. I had just used the language of the underlings before this Legend. This would give Regice even more reason to kill me, even if he weren’t corrupted. Regice lifted himself out of the ground.

“I said damn it, Regice!” I shouted at him, tackling him and, surprisingly to me, managed to make him fall. “You’re too weak to be fighting! Save it for the Shard! Please, so many lives are depending on you!” I told him. Regice forced himself up with shaking claws, and my fur flattened from fear and… was it sympathy? He had no clue what he was doing; there was no way that he could register what I was trying to tell him. And I could not beat this Legend around like I could Lugia, Articuno, or even Suicune; his cracked body would likely splinter if I tried. I had to convince him to try without using force against him. I had already saved him from a fatal blow, probably at the price of Salty’s life; all that was left was to save him from himself.

Regice raised some claws, blue energy crackling around them, the Shard pulsing with the same shade. I summoned a protect force field around myself and Salty’s body, deflecting his beams away from us and into the ground, which changed into permafrost almost instantly. I looked through Regice’s body to see the broken image of Swampert, still weakened with fright.

“Swampert! Try to get Regice weakened without hurting him!” I shouted at him. Swampert seemed to hear me and instantly charged for the Legend, and I threw myself in front of him.

“What are you doing?” he yelled at me, skidding to a halt. “You told me to weaken him!”

“But we can’t kill him! Trust me!” I shouted back, feeling something approaching from behind me. I leaped up into the air, Regice having thrust his claw forward in hopes of grabbing me, but instead found himself in Swampert’s grasp. Swampert swung him around and threw him against the soil, and I flinched in sympathy for the Legend. He appeared to be fine, but another few blows like that and he could easily split in half. But how had I managed to feel him?

“…Umbra?” I asked wearily, feeling myself slipping into unconsciousness, the cries of Swampert no longer meaning anything to me.

Amethyst, you cannot let yourself weaken. I brought you into a trance only enough to hear me, but you cannot let the trance keep you down. You may have already killed Salty, but he will not rest until Vapor is recovered. That is the only reason he has been alive for these many, many years. That Swampert is not going to help you; that trainer has owned him since he was a Mudkip, and he has lost all concept of fighting merely to dominate. He fights to kill, and kill he must not. Extract the Shard; I will be helping you, she explained in a way that sounded breathless.

I snapped awake, feeling a burst of energy, the warmth and weight of the gem bound to my neck returning in almost a physical blow. I had Umbreon on my side again; the Eon would know what to do if I tapped into her.

Swampert lifted a fist, ready to thrust it into the ground and create another earthquake, but I let out a cry of pain and fell onto the ground writhing. Both Pokémon stopped to glance at me, and I continued my bawling.

“Swampert, don’t!” I cried out, tears flowing down the front of my fur. It was only then that I noticed how much my eyes were stinging. Swampert approached, lifting a paw up to meet me. His touch was delicate, but I threw myself aside with a cry anyway, curling up into a ball and letting loose obnoxious whines. I rolled onto one side, making sure they saw my face before I turned away.

“Stop, Swampert! Stop! You’re hurting me!” I hollered. Judging by the crystal-shaped shadow that had fallen over me, my fake tears attack was working. I rolled onto my feet and blasted Regice with a pent-up shadow ball intended to stun, causing him to go flying. I galloped over as the Legend began to squirm on the ground. I could see the Shard inside of his body worming its way free.

“Come on, Regice! Fight it!” I told the Legend, heart fluttering. Swampert still looked vastly confused, but I ignored that for the time being. The Shard jabbed out of Regice’s body, the Legend flinching until Vapor’s final shard hovered before me, free from its unwilling prison. What happened next was what shocked me.

The blue shards that I had already collected seemingly flew from the black one around my neck and spiraled around the latest one. I had never remembered them doing that before now, but I understood why. The gems fused, and a solid blue gem dropped onto the ground before me, Vapor appearing above us as a blue-tinged spirit.

Vapor glanced at Salty, then let out a soft crooning sound as she hovered beside his body, nuzzling him. I could feel Umbra’s presence in my head more readily now; she wanted to see this as much as I did. I gasped as I could see Salty’s spirit, nearly identical to his physical body, hover out of it. I couldn’t quite name what seemed different, but as soon as he hovered closer I could feel it. He seemed to be… ecstatic, to finally be reunited with Vapor, and there was definitely a younger exuberance in both of them.

Vapor. I felt alarmed as Umbreon’s presence left me, but I saw her soon enough in the form of her spirit. She paused for a moment, and as she looked around at the scenery. I could feel her heartsickness; she had gone for many years trapped inside of a gem without the freedom to move about, to be outside, to smell the fresh air again. Was she able to as a spirit?

I watched the exchange between Vapor and Umbra, Salty popping in once in a while, all of them taking turns to glance at me. I could see their mouths moving; why couldn’t I hear them talking? I watched as Umbra inclined her head at Vapor and moved her mouth in the form of a question. There was a pause, and I could feel my heart sink. Vapor turned to Salty, and then threw herself at him, visibly crying. The Kingler spirit wrapped his claws securely around her, and they embraced for several moments, Umbra observing quietly and without much visible emotion. I could feel her suppressing it, though; was she still yearning for Katana? All of the spirits turned to me, and all three looked prepared to speak.

Thank’ee, lass, Salty spoke into my head, even though his mouth moved. Genuine tears built up, but, just as I had an inability to communicate directly with Umbra, I could not speak to Salty one last time. Ye set me free, an’ I saw Vapor, an’ yer impressive fightin… tha’s all tha’ matters, in’t it? he asked me with a familiar chuckle. How I wanted to hear him say that in the flesh and not in spirit! Vapor was next to speak, and I turned to her.

You’ve set me free from a lifetime of torture, Amethyst. It’s impossible for anyone to understand what it is like to have your soul split into five. I apologize for the havoc I have caused you. I am just as bound to my crystal as my sister Umbra is; I therefore will join you to find my sisters, Vapor told me. She sounded significantly more mature than I recall her sounding when I revisited her death; perhaps the split had created a more mature, darker being?

I’m proud of you, little one, Umbra told me with a smile. I cried quietly as Umbra and Vapor nuzzled each other, and were then drawn into their respective gems. Salty sighed and saw me, hovering closer to me.

Lass, ye have ta let go, the Kingler told me.

Fine advice for you to give! You’ve been alive for probably hundreds of years and have still been holding on to Vapor! I thought to myself. Salty looked taken aback, as though he heard me. I backed down a little, not realizing that spirits could hear thoughts. Is subvocalization the way spirits communicated?

I understand ye’ll feel a bit sad after someon’ leaves ye. Howe’er, ye can’t think ‘bout ol’ Salty. I betrayed ye! I let mysel’ get caught! Salty told me.

No! You didn’t! It was my fault! Please, I want you to stay! You saw Vapor, you know she’s going to be with me! I subvocalized. Salty turned his eyes downward, and then glanced at me again.

Sorry, lass. But as all life’s got’ta end, so’s mine. I did fer ya what I could; now’s a time o’ endin’. Please don’ be sad fer me, Amethys’. I’s goin’ ter a better place, an’ I’ve seen Vapor again, pretty as ever. Jus’ please make sure Regice’ll be okay; I’d hate ter see a Legend die ‘cause of me, he told me. More tears streamed down my face as I watched Salty vanish into a cloud of mist. I stood, paralyzed for a moment, unaware of my surroundings. Salty was gone. My Kingler friend was gone. I cried, hearing my whimpering and knowing that I was out of spirit presence. I turned back to Regice, then saw a blue gem before me. It pulsed with Vapor’s life force, and I reached for it with a paw, a blue hand swooping down to grab it.

“Oh no. Don’t you dare. I’m taking this back to my master. You killed Kingler, and I’m going to make sure you die for it!” Swampert told me, holding the gem above his head.

“You’re the one that killed him, you traitor! You and your human both!” I growled at him, leaping up at the gem. Regice trembled from beside me, sitting up and lifting a claw. It crackled with blue energy, and Swampert froze. I took in a deep breath. I could let Regice kill Swampert where he stood; it would be the easiest way, not to mention that it would avenge Salty.

“Regice, don’t.” Regice let down his claw and stared at me. Swampert even turned to look. “He isn’t worth the last of your energy. He is a traitor to you and Pokémon alike. I know you are not the first Golem of Ice, and I don’t expect you’ll be the last. Save the energy for the Seeding that will need to happen. Let me take care of this Swampert, and you get to safety. I will bury the Kingler. Go and save yourself,” I instructed the Legend softly, pawing at him gently. Regice looked from Swampert to me, then lifted a claw and gripped my head in it. I struggled initially, but relaxed as soon as I felt his cold powers rushing through me.

Memories and voices flooded into my head, accompanied instructions to sort them out. I was guessing that this was Regice’s Seed. Why had he chosen me? I didn’t want to be Seeded! I squirmed against his powers, but he continued to hold on to me.

Sort these as you will. Your descendent will require this teaching, a voice spoke to me.

I don’t want to be Seeded! Let me go! I cried out, struggling against his grip. I had a job to do; I couldn’t be the next Golem of Ice!

I thrust myself free, something in my head snapping from the sudden break of contact, and I collapsed onto the ground, panting. The memories had long since faded; Regice stood off to one side, slouching as though disappointed.

“I’m the one that has to bring back the Eons. I cannot be your Seedling. I’m sorry,” I told him, panting heavily, feeling my chest rising and falling. I had never realized how much I appreciated my ability to breathe; I can’t imagine that Regice, being made purely of ice, would be able to do that. I ran a mental scan along my body to ensure that I was still an Eevee and found that I was, much to my relief.

Regice glanced up at Swampert, who continued to look frightened. He still had the gem clenched in his hands; I knew I had to get the gem in order to ensure that Vapor would not be split again. This would involve me fighting for it, with or without Regice’s powers.

“Give it back, Swampert,” I demanded, feeling Umbra’s anger course through my body as well. Neither of us were willing to let Vapor get captured so easily right after her freedom, and I could somehow sense that Swampert would stop at nothing to get Vapor’s prison to his trainer. It would just be a matter of who wanted it more.
Maybe after the story ends, If Regice hasn't chosen someone else to seed, Amethyst could do it then. But could you please put a complete seeding process in the story?
(Consider me a new fan.)
Old 06-11-2008, 11:31 PM
PMDFan Offline
Experienced Trainer

I'm caught up x.x
Old 06-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

You can edit your posts, you are aware?

This next chapter felt like a disappointment to me. Yes, it's leading up to something, but I won't know what that something is until I get there. Like I said, epics write themselves.

Chapter 31

My head throbbed worse as I started to wake up, and I half-considered knocking myself out again to keep the pain at bay. I could not see clearly; I seemed to have fallen pretty far, and night had fallen. I stood up, but shook so wildly that I had to collapse again. How was I supposed to escape?

Way to go, Amethyst, Umbra complained. At least something was still working.

Umbra, shut up. We need to find Odd, I told her.

Who is we? I’m just along for the ride. You’re the one who fell into this, and you’re the one that’s going to get us out, Umbra scolded me.

Stop talking, I’m trying to think, I told her. In reality, I wasn’t in any mood to hear her scold me. I had let my emotions take control of me again.

How can you? Your headache is killing me! I can’t imagine what it must feel to the Pokémon forced to inhabit this body. Besides, your Bayleef boyfriend didn’t fall in; he’s still up there, it’s just a matter of us climbing out.

I can’t do that and you know it, Umbra; I’m not a Sandshrew, I told her as I stood up. I tried to take a step forward but fell once I shifted my bodyweight.

But you’re also not immortal! If you die, everyone else dies too! Umbra reminded me.

Even if I’m not immortal, I’m still stuck down here! I know that Raikou’s down here, and I know I need to defeat him and rescue the part of Jolt that he has!

In your condition? I doubt it.

Aren’t you supposed to be helping me? Honestly, Umbra, for someone who wants to save her sisters so badly, you’re not exactly an optimist.

I have lost so many things in my life that I deserve to be a pessimist. For instance, I highly doubt that Raikou’s down here, Umbra started.

Why wouldn’t Raikou be down here? Odd and I handed him his own tail several times over! I reminded her.

But the very nature of the pit, Amethyst. Stop for a moment and feel.

Feel what? I don’t— But I felt it. Something in this dark pit was cold, foreign, and… alien.

Do you see now?

Aspirvern? I was within feet of Aspirvern this entire time and never saw it? My heart was beating more quickly now. Aspirvern! That meant I was one step closer to helping Jirachi!

Celebi didn’t want to tell you because of her own cowardice. Even if you managed to knock Raikou down here, he would have climbed back out because he’s a coward too. The Hounds are all big pups; you saw the way Suicune behaves. Raikou and Entei are only a little older than she is. The Legends are all cowards, and the one thing they share is self-preservation. Forget all that selflessness crap they’ve been trying to force-feed you; they just want to keep that power for themselves, Umbra growled, and I felt her anger boil within me. I fought her back and chose not to say anything.

Umbra? I started after a little while. I could feel her perk up mentally as she listened. Is there really a black hole down here? I mean, that’s what Celebi was afraid of.

All I know is that this goes on for miles. You’re more likely to get lost and die of dehydration than you are to be sucked into a black hole. No one comes near Aspirvern, Legends especially. There are meteors and strange powers around here, and sometimes ghosts wander these pits. Supposedly. I’m not going anywhere, Umbra explained. I understood why and tried to stand up and walk, this time taking two steps before collapsing. This is encouraging.

Shut UP, Umbra! I growled.

Umbra, we need to help her! Vapor piped up.

How? If she’s not going to let one of us take over there’s no way she’s going to survive! She’s suppressing us, Vapor, Umbra warned her.

I’m suppressing you so that you won’t hurt me again, I assured her, keeping my mind on the conversation and not my shaking legs as I was trying to walk.

Oh, so it’s my fault again? You were the one begging to channel me, never mind that you probably can’t speak a common language right now! Umbra told me. I froze; I must never have relinquished her communion power!

You can have that back, you know, I told her.

You’re the one that needs to surrender it. I can’t take it from you, I’m not a Seed, Umbra reminded me again. I sighed and tried to clear my head, leaning on a canyon wall for support. You’re not getting anywhere fast, you realize that.

What I am supposed to DO? Believe it or not, not everyone is well-trained in your powers! I told her, my focus broken.

Do you “feel” the area of your head that I’m talking to you from? she asked me. I tried listening mentally for the source of the voice, which was further back in my head than my normal thoughts. Great. Send it back now.

How?

I feel like such a hypocrite for saying this, but trust your instincts, please, Umbra groaned. I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to picture some sort of foreign energy or shape in my mind. I couldn’t, though; Umbra’s powers fully blended with mine. Amnesia. Great. Exactly what you need.

I don’t have amnesia, Umbra, I just can’t… I can’t tell which abilities are yours and which are mine. I really can’t. I started to panic at this point. I couldn’t remember how to speak anything but Otnak now. My head injury must have somehow caused me to forget my native tongue while I was using Umbra’s! I heard something hiss behind me, and I turned around, ears open. I backed away, and the hissing was followed shortly by clicking sounds, but not clicking sounds that were from Otnak.

I’d run, Umbra advised me. I tried to focus my eyes at the figure, but the most I saw was a fleeting shadow. No, really, I would be running. Like, now. I ignored her and squinted some more. What on earth—? I didn’t have the remotest idea of what it could be until a mahogany tendril lashed from the shadows and pinned me against a wall. The rest of the spidery, levitating figure floated out before me, staring me down with its alien eyes.

“Deoxys,” I spoke verbally, still uncomfortable with the feeling of Otnak in my throat. The corrupted alien hissed venomously at me, then spoke in an alien tongue comprised of rasping, hissing, and clicks that sounded like nothing I had ever heard before.

What are you DOING? Bite him and get yourself out of there! Umbra panicked.

I can’t! It could hurt him! I told her. I knew how poorly Deoxys and Jirachi were handling the Shards; I couldn’t jeopardize them any further by using unnecessary force.

That’s the POINT, Amethyst! Show him some shadow ball and be done with it!

I CAN’T! That could KILL HIM! I tried to tell her, thrashing out of Deoxys’ grip and onto the ravine ground. I felt the impact jar my entire body, and I screamed and cried out in pain, tumbling onto my side. It may not have been entirely a fake tears attack, but it would work in the same way. I looked up at Deoxys through tearing eyes, and I could almost feel the energy from the Shard weakening. C’mon, Deoxys, keep fighting… I pleaded. One of the mahogany tendrils that had approached me suddenly snapped backwards and wound itself around the alien’s throat.

Deoxys gasped and flicked between color schemes, trying to strangle the Shard out of his system. I backed away, careful to give this alien creature the space that he needed to wrestle himself out.

That was way too easy. Defeating a Legend with fake tears alone? There has to be a catch, Umbra panicked. I realized she was right, and my stomach lurched.

“Deoxys, fight it!” I called to him, again in Otnak. Deoxys resumed his mahogany and navy blue color scheme, then collapsed forward. I approached him carefully, but he seemed to flicker out of existence. I jumped backwards, startled. I looked up when I heard more hissing and nearly screamed.

Several different variations of Deoxys, it appeared, were hovering over me in corrupted colors. Some looked bulkier, others were obviously built for speed, and there were two separate versions of tendril-using ones. A few of the bulkier ones shifted into what looked like a lighter “speed” form, and I realized that they could change between any of them.

It’s almost like double team, but… it’s not… Umbra determined, focusing my eyes on them. It’s like he’s cloned, or broken up…

Broken up… You mean like Vapor’s illusions? Like they exist, but aren’t real? I prompted her. I felt Vapor perk up in the back of my mind and listen intently.

Yes, but we can’t afford to use that on you! Look at what communion’s done to you, imagine what illusion could do! Umbra warned me.

I could channel you through clones! There would be the initial tear, but beyond that it would just be a matter of projecting you into the clone! I theorized.

I can somehow see your logic, but what happens if you hit your head again or die? Then we’re stuck. There’s too much risk involved in channeling, you’re already screwed over because of communion!

How am I supposed to take on Deoxys clones without cloning myself? I can’t keep attacking the individuals, it’ll wear me out! I panicked and started running as soon as a group of them swooped at me. I forced my small legs to carry me as far as they could go, tripping over every conceivable pebble. Was I ever exhausted…

You can’t even RUN! I’m not allowing you to channel Vapor until you get better! Umbra scolded me.

But I need to help Deoxys!

Sometimes you need to let someone die! It happens! Umbra told me. I tripped again, and my legs went completely numb from fatigue. I lifted my head up as soon as I recovered feeling in my neck and felt something dripping from my nose. Someone has to die that ISN’T YOU!

But Deoxys and Jirachi… and Raikou… I started, but at this point my body seized up and I couldn’t move any more.

Murkrow
Done: 800
Old 06-12-2008, 01:07 AM
PMDFan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: [REVIVED!] Chronicles of the Shards Chapter 31

I sense suspense
(hey that rhymed!)
tell me when the next chapter comes out.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Haha, I'm back, sorry for not reading the chapters sooner. ^^;

Ahah, so it thickens. I love how we learned some new stuff about Odd and possibly Celebi. The whole "shortening lifespan" thing is cool, adds more suspense to it all. Overall, those last three chapters were amazing, even the last one.

Ooh, and some critique:

Quote:
I could not see clearly; I seemed to have fallen pretty far, and night had fallen
Sounds a bit repetitive; I suggest changing the second "fallen" to something else. ^.^

And I hope Chronicles qualifies to enter the Fan Fic of the Year thing because I totally support this amazing piece of fan fiction! =D

- Kat

EDIT: Old by three months. Kitty sad now. ;-;

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 06-12-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:23 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Come one Deoxys, fight it!

Great chapter, I eagerly await the next one.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Wyte-Wolf Offline

My gosh is this good! The plot is great. Were did you come up with the idea...?
Cant wait for the next chapter!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:06 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

That is the best example of "out of the frying pan and into fire" I've seen.
The chapter is great Darth. I want to know what happens next!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Golden_Ray Offline
Experienced Trainer

Well, that chapter felt nothing like a disappointment to me Darth! The exact opposite I must say. Poor Amethyst! She gets in trouble no matter what she does!
Old 06-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

I'm glad you all liked that, and I'm writing without an update to tell you two things.

One: WAR. I'm involved, and it's a lot of writing beyond this. I've been putting this off as a result. I'm still trying to work on it, but WAR burns up a lot of creativity as I'm trying to get my character involved in that storyline too.

Two: Writer's block like no freaking other. It's been hard to make really spectacular posts for WAR, not to mention stuff I'm doing for other sites (granted, that stuff's shorter than Chronicles, but still). I'm still working on the epic, but it's slow going right now.

I apologize in advance for any inconceniences that this may cause.

~Darth

Murkrow
Old 06-21-2008, 08:49 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Murkrow View Post
I'm glad you all liked that, and I'm writing without an update to tell you two things.

One: WAR. I'm involved, and it's a lot of writing beyond this. I've been putting this off as a result. I'm still trying to work on it, but WAR burns up a lot of creativity as I'm trying to get my character involved in that storyline too.

Two: Writer's block like no freaking other. It's been hard to make really spectacular posts for WAR, not to mention stuff I'm doing for other sites (granted, that stuff's shorter than Chronicles, but still). I'm still working on the epic, but it's slow going right now.

I apologize in advance for any inconceniences that this may cause.

~Darth
I don't think late chapters is really an inconvenience. Traffic, having to work during a concert, those are inconveniences. :p
It does get me more determined to see the next chapter though.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Ugh. The past week alone has gone/is literally going to go:

Band
Band
Oral surgery
Hospital appointment (I'm ok, it's just a test)
Band
Band
Probably tutoring in there somewhere
Being distracted by my new diamond version. :D

I have the next chapter started, I just need to finish it. I'm sitting here until it's done.

Murkrow

Last edited by Darth Murkrow; 07-13-2008 at 08:40 PM.