Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
SuperT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Mutiny on the PE2K Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
I'm sure of course that Ryan hasn't deserted the site, just been busy, but considering his time of absence I believe that he should probably get some help with Pe2K.
I agree with you. Ryan has been very busy. He will be back one day. I think he may come on some time soon. I think.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullz View Post

The man has a point. You can't crown an admin without an admin . It's a nice idea an all, but I doubt it'll happen. I hope it would. Some of the mods in this site aren't that active as others, and it would be nice to have a G-Mod or two become a second or third admin, so if something does acutally happen to Ryan, the forum will be okay.

|SZ|
Something has already happened that has made it so Ryan cannot fulfill his duty as Admin, and he has no backup admin. Basically, without Ryan around, the G-Mods have had to basically take control, as much as possible.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

I'd love to say I disagree, but I don't fully.

While you're right about Ryan being gone, and about him "deserting" us and all, you're wrong about the "choose a ned Admin". Ryan chooses Admins, and I don't think anyone else can do it for him.

Also, I was talking to him on AIM about a month ago, and we were just talking and he apologiezed for the lack of updating. I also asked what he thought about choosing a new Admin, or maybe a Vice-Admin, and he told me that it wasn't gonna happen because he was a little OCD about the way things are set up around here and he wants to keep it that way.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Lord94 Offline
Elite Trainer

So Ryan is to stubborn to save us from a mutiny. Brilliant.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Falcon~ View Post
WTF is a schism :/ and stop spamming dud

If there were to be another admin crowned. Well ryan would have to be here to do it, therefore, its not going to happen :P
True, but I don't think Ryan want's a new Admin...
if he wanted one, he'd have already done it by now... but I think he's wayy to busy to tell us what he's been up to... maybe an update... or he forgot or something...
Right now, I think the Global Mods are doing their best right now... so untill he comes back, we'll be sure.... -_-

Charbok, I agree...
Old 11-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Hoshika Offline

@Lord94: Shaddap about that stuff. No schism, no mutiny, no anything that has to do with war-like situations.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong except for technical things, like the occasional user overflow or something. Any banning issues can be handled be the G-Mods, the threads and stuff are handled by all mods, and I'm starting to think the newbie n00bies are starting to get some sense kicked into them.

We've had a thread like this before, I believe. Stop worrying. Ryan hasn't "died".

In short, the forum is fine. Leave it alone, and don't fix something that isn't broken.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleonfan666 View Post
Something has already happened that has made it so Ryan cannot fulfill his duty as Admin, and he has no backup admin. Basically, without Ryan around, the G-Mods have had to basically take control, as much as possible.
True(In the bold). He does need a backup admin, he should of have made one along time ago, it would been alot easier on him as a admin. He woudn't have to worry about us knowing that their was a second or third admin around.

|SZ|
Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Lord94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Has he given us a valid reason as to why he's gone?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
True(In the bold). He does need a backup admin, he should of have made one along time ago, it would been alot easier on him as a admin. He woudn't have to worry about us knowing that their was a second or third admin around.

|SZ|
Yes!
And Lord94... stop spamming stuff like that... >_>

Ryan, something happened....
if he came back, he would have made a "Temporary Admin", just untill whatever happened is over...
But I'm more of a 50% No, and a 50% Yes sort of guy... but this is probably the best thing... a Temporary Admin... but he should have at least done something less than 2 months ago... =P
Old 11-11-2007, 08:39 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord94 View Post
Has he given us a valid reason as to why he's gone?
Yes, he is busy with his life outside of the forum.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
But Ryan needs to find, 3 minutes of his life to get on here and tell us why he hasnt been here in 2 months >_>
College is harder than you think it is. There you go.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Lord94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Two months is a long time... I dunno...
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Normally I would just lock this and say Ryan’s busy, but at this point in the game, I think the situation is a lot more dire than we originally thought. If anything, he’s either hospitalized (hopefully not, but its possible), or he no longer has access to a computer/internet (and he could be too afraid of logging in to his admin account in a public place). I know he could be busy with things, but it seems odd to leave a site and forum hanging for two straight months and not leave a quick note about what’s happening. With that in mind, I think its something out of his control now. Also, let’s not joke around about this, because the situation could be very serious and dire.

Knowing Ryan, I’m very certain he wouldn’t appoint a second admin. Its his site, his forum, his organization. Knowing how many years he’s kept it going and how much effort he’s put into it, I doubt its something he would be willing to throw aside to someone else. Still, even if he was to appoint a second admin, who would it be? Has anyone even really given it a thought yet? This is another reason why a second admin just wouldn’t work, hence why Ryan has never appointed a second admin in the past.

And lastly, I also highly suggest that people refrain from PMing him, emailing him, and trying to forcefully contact him and fill his PM box and email account with more stuff that he really doesn’t need. Its obvious he’s got other things more important to take care of right now than just name changes or whatever, so please give him a chance to hopefully come back and catch up with things. Put yourself in his place, he’s probably got a lot of forum stuff stacked up and I doubt he would be looking forward to it. At least don’t make it worse.

TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post

He's in college?
Yes, that's what I was trying to say...
Once he's older, he might not be able to be an Admin, thus a new admin, everyone is growing... once he has a job or something, it's gonna be much harder for him to be on here... =P

Neo: I know... it could be serious... no one knows what happened...
if the "Hospitilized" thing is true... well... we're not sure... so the best thing to do is wait... but it's harder than it sounds... (Sort of makes no sense to me, *whatIjustwrote*, but yeah...)

Last edited by TayyabX; 11-11-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Tsunami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Tsunami Send a message via MSN to Tsunami Send a message via Yahoo to Tsunami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
One word

Serebii

He is in college yet can update his site everyday

Mod his forum

Mod his chat
Closed Thread