Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Post The "New and Improved" Battling Center

This thread may speak for a lot of us who visit the Battling Center daily. Very recently, the rules have dramatically changed in the Battling Center, threads have been locked, people have been banned, and so on. I believe that, yes, the BC was becoming a bit of a spam rubbish bin which was in the state of overflow, but I do not think that the rules and regulations should have been put to such a high intensity.
(Try looking at this thread of mine as not a complaint, but actual feeback, which is what this sub-forum is about.)
The BC is a fun place where people gather to battle. Some chose to take on groups (clans) while others join clans and battle alongside others, defending the clan's title and becoming stronger.
I, for one, am a member of the Elite Bandits, and ever since I joined and started talking on our thread in the BC, I have become a much stronger trainer. I can defend that I've made so many friends through the BC and through my clan, and have had great discussions.
It was already locked within mere hours of these rules taking effect.
The point is, I think that people should still be able to talk on these threads. For example saying 'hello' to your fellow clan members, in my opinion, is polite and helps bring the clan closer together and helps bring everyone down to a personal level.
Yes, the chit-chat had to stop. But I don't think anyone should be penalized for posting "Does anyone want to battle?" or "Can someone help me with an IV battle?" or "Sorry I've been away for awhile everyone. What did I miss?"
I know personally, I will take hiatuses from the BC for awhile, and return. I'll post a simple "Sorry, etc." I wouldn't want to be temp. banned just for asking if I've missed anything with the clan.
I do think that new rules had to be enforced. And I do respect that immensely, because it shows the mods truely care about the state of PE2K, as many of us do. However, I think it would be reasonable to tone down the rules a bit, and not make it so strict. After all, PE2K, not just the Battling Center, is a community - a place to get together, chat, look for friends to battle with, etc. This wouldn't happen if people weren't allowed to talk in a casual way and ask questions!
This is just my feedback on the situation, and maybe (hopefully) this will reach out to someone with higher power who agrees.
Thanks for your time everyone. It is highly appreciated.
- Drift

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:59 PM
zukirin Offline

Default Re: The "New and Improved" Battling Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
This thread may speak for a lot of us who visit the Battling Center daily. Very recently, the rules have dramatically changed in the Battling Center, threads have been locked, people have been banned, and so on. I believe that, yes, the BC was becoming a bit of a spam rubbish bin which was in the state of overflow, but I do not think that the rules and regulations should have been put to such a high intensity.
(Try looking at this thread of mine as not a complaint, but actual feeback, which is what this sub-forum is about.)
The BC is a fun place where people gather to battle. Some chose to take on groups (clans) while others join clans and battle alongside others, defending the clan's title and becoming stronger.
I, for one, am a member of the Elite Bandits, and ever since I joined and started talking on our thread in the BC, I have become a much stronger trainer. I can defend that I've made so many friends through the BC and through my clan, and have had great discussions.
The point is, I think that people should still be able to talk on these threads. For example saying 'hello' to your fellow clan members, in my opinion, is polite and helps bring the clan closer together and helps bring everyone down to a personal level.
Yes, the chit-chat had to stop. But I don't think anyone should be penalized for posting "Does anyone want to battle?" or "Can someone help me with an IV battle?" or "Sorry I've been away for awhile everyone. What did I miss?"
I know personally, I will take hiatuses from the BC for awhile, and return. I'll post a simple "Sorry, etc." I wouldn't want to be temp. banned just for asking if I've missed anything with the clan.
I do think that new rules had to be enforced. And I do respect that immensely, because it shows the mods truely care about the state of PE2K, as many of us do. However, I think it would be reasonable to tone down the rules a bit, and not make it so strict. After all, PE2K, not just the Battling Center, is a community - a place to get together, chat, look for friends to battle with, etc. This wouldn't happen if people weren't allowed to talk in a casual way and ask questions!
This is just my feedback on the situation, and maybe (hopefully) this will reach out to someone with higher power who agrees.
- Drift
You do not know how much I agree with you!!! Great job!! Speak your mind and you will be heard!!

Refresh the page to see this sig change
Old 11-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

It's only for 2 days, to serve as a warning that the rules should actually be applied. I really fail to see the purpose of posts like these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW SWORD View Post
Hey guys I'm back from school!!

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
It's only for 2 days, to serve as a warning that the rules should actually be applied. I really fail to see the purpose of posts like these:
True, but 2 days is 2 days. A lock is a lock. It's upsetting either way.

Of course those posts don't serve much purpose, but can be useful. If someone was looking for a certain person for example, and they disappeared, it's proper etiquette to say when you are back, what happened (if appropriate), etc.

I am not saying everything about this is wrong, but just for it to be a tad looser...
The BC is a fun place. It can still be professional, organized, and fun at the same time. It doesn't have to be so constraint.

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:07 PM
RonRaygunX3 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to RonRaygunX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
- Drift

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:07 PM
zukirin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
Ok maybe those are kinda SPAMish. But note, the Clans are almost a hangout for its members. Being the member of the top clan, I know that we have all become great friends. So much in fact that the clan ARE the members. So, "staying" on topic also includes talking to the members. By only talking about stuff like Oh we are going to war, or teams (which is highly redundant because spies lurk all over the BC), will make the BC dull and barbaric...

Old 11-15-2007, 08:08 PM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Even though I haven't been in the Battle Center recently... alright alot... <.<
But I see what you mean by this situation, but I don't want to upset the mods and all, and I can see why they are doing this, but yes.... the rules should be changed slightly....

Loyal Arcanine, I understand what you mean as well, stuff like that should also be changed, but saying things like, "How are you doing guys ^^", should be allowed, and all, but yeah... I can see that's spam somewhat there... -_-
I don't like spam and all that, but I still think the rules should be changed somewhat....

But, it's not all completley wrong or bad about this, don't get me wrong, but some people might want this, and some people might not... =D

~TX~
Old 11-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukirin View Post
Ok maybe those are kinda SPAMish. But note, the Clans are almost a hangout for its members. Being the member of the top clan, I know that we have all become great friends. So much in fact that the clan ARE the members. So, "staying" on topic also includes talking to the members. By only talking about stuff like Oh we are going to war, or teams (which is highly redundant because spies lurk all over the BC), will make the BC dull and barbaric...
It will also cause clan threads to die, slowly leading to the death of the BC.

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:10 PM
SHADOW SWORD Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SHADOW SWORD

I know that you mods are trying to change the battle section's flaming and spamming problems. I have absolutely no problem with that and I actually love the ideas that you guys have set up. But to take alot of our discussions out of our thread for talking is just rediculous. Of course anyone in the pe2k could just pm everyone whether it be in the chat section, urpg or even the battling center.

My main problem is this:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...0500&page=1111

The rules clearly state that NO person can spam in a thread without permission by the leader of the clan unless it has relevance to the clan. Also the rules clearly state that if you can just pm this information to another individual instead of posting it, then it is against the rules. In this example he clearly broke many prime rules. I know that mods have more authority then us but it would seem fair that they actually abide by the rules. I know that you would never disregard these things but I just wanted you to know.

I don't want to make this sound to direct and this is no means of me quiting pe2k but I do think that there needs to be a change somewhere or the battling section will become obsolete. If you could pm me back what you think about this situation it would be greatful.

Plus I do not agree with this lock for 2 days, you guys are able to spam all you want in the chat sections and such. They do it ALL the time in other sections, but because we are the BC we are unorthadox and supposedly???

But my main point is this, how are we supposed to abide by the rules if certain mods can't pull their act together by not abiding by the same rules and banning people for critisizing them?

Thanks again,

Shadow Sword
Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

I'm with Mike on this one.

The battle center is for battling, and nothing else. If you want to talk to people, then do it over AIM or PM, or even in the DCC if absolutely neccesary.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:42 PM
zukirin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

The battle center is for battling, and nothing else. If you want to talk to people, then do it over AIM or PM, or even in the DCC if absolutely neccesary.
And clans are for socializing with these battlers....PM isnt convenient, not everyone has AIM, DCC isnt a good place because there are tons of people...

If you were to be in a clan for a preiod of time and gotten pretty close to the members, you would understand our situation...

Otherwise you wouldnt understand. I am not flaming or saying you dont know anything because of reasons, I am just saying an example and a very true thing that is happening.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:43 PM
SHADOW SWORD Offline
Banned

Quote:

Correction, it is for clan networking and socialazation. And don't tell me it isn't because yes clans are a main part of the BC just look at the stickies bro... Thus the reason why LL made a sticky on clan rules....

So how can you make a statement on the fact that it is just for battling?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukirin View Post
And clans are for socializing with these battlers....PM isnt convenient, not everyone has AIM, DCC isnt a good place because there are tons of people...

If you were to be in a clan for a preiod of time and gotten pretty close to the members, you would understand our situation...

Otherwise you wouldnt understand. I am not flaming or saying you dont know anything because of reasons, I am just saying an example and a very true thing that is happening.
Asking, "Hey, what did I miss?" can just as easily be done through PM.
PM is not "inconvenient" assuming all you want to ask is somehting simple and short.

Simply saying, "Hey guys, how's life?" is completely irrelevant and off-topic to the Battling Center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW SWORD View Post
Correction, it is for clan networking and socialazation. And don't tell me it isn't because yes clans are a main part of the BC just look at the stickies bro... Thus the reason why LL made a sticky on clan rules....

So how can you make a statement on the fact that it is just for battling?
Well, considering the fact that it is the "Battling Center", it is a safe assumption that it is used for battling.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:48 PM
SHADOW SWORD Offline
Banned

Quote:
Asking, "Hey, what did I miss?" can just as easily be done through PM.
PM is not "inconvenient" assuming all you want to ask is somehting simple and short.

Simply saying, "Hey guys, how's life?" is completely irrelevant and off-topic to the Battling Center.

Well, considering the fact that it is the "Battling Center", it is a safe assumption that it is used for battling.
Well then why would the mods make 4/6 stickies relating to clans???
Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

If two days is such a traumatizing wait for a thread to be unlocked, then you really need to find another hobby. :x

The boards are an absolute mess. Jack has taken the steps necessary to try and put a stop to it, and I fully agree with these new rules. I cannot tell you how many minutes I spent going through clan threads and deleting many of the posts that Mike just demonstrated above. I don't think any of you really understand what it's like, seeing as how none of you have to deal with the junk that's rampant there. Ryan made us moderators because he wants us to keep the boards clean, in case you forgot.

The Daily Chit Chat thread was created for a reason, and I really don't see the problem with clan members using it as a means to converse.

Frankly, if I see another "I'm bored! Battle me!" post, I will most likely let the ban hammer fly without batting an eyelash.

I also think you guys should be happy with what you have. If the forums were mine, I would have deleted the entire section already.