Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: The "New and Improved" Battling Center

Yes. For battling and nothing else requires talking and asking for battles.

"Hey guys, how's life?" is, indeed, irrelevant. But I think it's prefectly fine to ask what one has missed with their clan. They have a right to know, and is it really a problem if someone posts that? It's not an irrelevant post, it's not inapropriate, and it's on topic to the clan. There really is nothing wrong with greeting your fellow clan members and asking what someone has missed over and extended time period.

PMs are inconvinient in many ways, and with noone posting on clan threads or anywhere else on the BC, there might as well not BE a Battling Center, for it will die.

The point is, Pokemon is about having fun, meeting people, and battling/trading with them. How can we do this without socializing?

Like I said, these new rules AREN'T horrible. They WERE needed. But they could be loosened up quite a bit. Banning someone for saying hello? Come on now, let's get civil here.

EDIT; About the locking the thread issue, I wasn't even complaning about it being locked. I was just stating that it was locked within hours of the new rules being posted. But if you're a mod and lock something, it's for a pretty good reason, most likely upsetting the parties involved. Really, the words 'locked' and 'banned' hit real sensitive spots on pretty much all forums that use those words.

Maybe back. Maybe not.

Last edited by Drift; 11-15-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Jose Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jose Send a message via MSN to Jose Send a message via Yahoo to Jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
This thread may speak for a lot of us who visit the Battling Center daily. Very recently, the rules have dramatically changed in the Battling Center, threads have been locked, people have been banned, and so on. I believe that, yes, the BC was becoming a bit of a spam rubbish bin which was in the state of overflow, but I do not think that the rules and regulations should have been put to such a high intensity.
(Try looking at this thread of mine as not a complaint, but actual feeback, which is what this sub-forum is about.)
The BC is a fun place where people gather to battle. Some chose to take on groups (clans) while others join clans and battle alongside others, defending the clan's title and becoming stronger.
I, for one, am a member of the Elite Bandits, and ever since I joined and started talking on our thread in the BC, I have become a much stronger trainer. I can defend that I've made so many friends through the BC and through my clan, and have had great discussions.
It was already locked within mere hours of these rules taking effect.
The point is, I think that people should still be able to talk on these threads. For example saying 'hello' to your fellow clan members, in my opinion, is polite and helps bring the clan closer together and helps bring everyone down to a personal level.
Yes, the chit-chat had to stop. But I don't think anyone should be penalized for posting "Does anyone want to battle?" or "Can someone help me with an IV battle?" or "Sorry I've been away for awhile everyone. What did I miss?"
I know personally, I will take hiatuses from the BC for awhile, and return. I'll post a simple "Sorry, etc." I wouldn't want to be temp. banned just for asking if I've missed anything with the clan.
I do think that new rules had to be enforced. And I do respect that immensely, because it shows the mods truely care about the state of PE2K, as many of us do. However, I think it would be reasonable to tone down the rules a bit, and not make it so strict. After all, PE2K, not just the Battling Center, is a community - a place to get together, chat, look for friends to battle with, etc. This wouldn't happen if people weren't allowed to talk in a casual way and ask questions!
This is just my feedback on the situation, and maybe (hopefully) this will reach out to someone with higher power who agrees.
Thanks for your time everyone. It is highly appreciated.
- Drift
Maybe I hate elite Bandits but I'm really with you.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:59 PM
SHADOW SWORD Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SHADOW SWORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
If two days is such a traumatizing wait for a thread to be unlocked, then you really need to find another hobby. :x

The boards are an absolute mess. Jack has taken the steps necessary to try and put a stop to it, and I fully agree with these new rules. I cannot tell you how many minutes I spent going through clan threads and deleting many of the posts that Mike just demonstrated above. I don't think any of you really understand what it's like, seeing as how none of you have to deal with the junk that's rampant there. Ryan made us moderators because he wants us to keep the boards clean, in case you forgot.

The Daily Chit Chat thread was created for a reason, and I really don't see the problem with clan members using it as a means to converse.

Frankly, if I see another "I'm bored! Battle me!" post, I will most likely let the ban hammer fly without batting an eyelash.

I also think you guys should be happy with what you have. If the forums were mine, I would have deleted the entire section already.
Hmph, that was funny. Then how come people do it day in and day out in the whole entire pe2k forum and we are the only section to get busted for it??

Take this for example, if someone says congratz for winning a award in the MOTM and someone says Great Job or Congratulations on the win, how is that any different from asking for a battle or saying hello to ask for if there was anything new???
Old 11-15-2007, 09:01 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW SWORD View Post
Hmph, that was funny. Then how come people do it day in and day out in the whole entire pe2k forum and we are the only section to get busted for it??

Take this for example, if someone says congratz for winning a award in the MOTM and someone says Great Job or Congratulations on the win, how is that any different from asking for a battle or saying hello to ask for if there was anything new???
Because the ballting center is for BATTLING, not going off that topic. No matter what, it is and will always be the BATTLING center, not the congrats on something center. That can be done over PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Also, I must point out something that a lot of people are overlooking.

I'm not saying that these rules are bogus and must be done away with completely. I actually SUPPORT them.
YES, there are irrelevant posts. We know there are. But there are some that are considered irrelevant which should be considered relevant. That's my major objective here.

Another thing people aren't understanding is how would we get to BATTLE people on the BATTLING center without communicating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeking1 View Post
Because the ballting center is for BATTLING, not going off that topic. No matter what, it is and will always be the BATTLING center, not the congrats on something center. That can be done over PM.

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:03 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:

Saying "congrats" to a person winning an award is what the MOTM Results is for (besides seeing who won what xD). People want to see who wins what things and the polite thing to say is 'congrats.'

Quote:

I'm not saying that these rules are bogus and must be done away with completely. I actually SUPPORT them.
YES, there are irrelevant posts. We know there are. But there are some that are considered irrelevant which should be considered relevant. That's my major objective here.

Another thing people aren't understanding is how would we get to BATTLE people on the BATTLING center without communicating?

You said you couldn't communicate? Just not spamming by saying, "Im back from school!" Thats just spam, if you want to battle then PM them, or go to the Battle Request thread-thing. And from what I've read in that rules thread, its not against the rules to ask for a battle in your clan thread

That's just my two-cents.

~Jr

Last edited by The Jr Trainer; 11-15-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Jose Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jose Send a message via MSN to Jose Send a message via Yahoo to Jose

Quote:

The battling Center should be for battling and to convive not for only battling some day this will get down down down down down and all people will go.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:04 PM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:

Take this for example, if someone says congratz for winning an award in the MOTM and someone says Great Job or Congratulations on the win, how is that any different from asking for a battle or saying hello to ask for if there was anything new???
That is 100% true... and it's an... hehehe... sorry... xD
All I see people is saying, (Besides me xD),
"Great Job everyone! :)"

And thats just it.... <_<

Although I see the situation in the mods sort of way,
and I also agree partially there, but it still is important for some of these clans.... =P
Old 11-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Well then why would the mods make 4/6 stickies relating to clans???
Because clans are made for batlting, or rather, they are meant to be made for battling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
If two days is such a traumatizing wait for a thread to be unlocked, then you really need to find another hobby. :x

The boards are an absolute mess. Jack has taken the steps necessary to try and put a stop to it, and I fully agree with these new rules. I cannot tell you how many minutes I spent going through clan threads and deleting many of the posts that Mike just demonstrated above. I don't think any of you really understand what it's like, seeing as how none of you have to deal with the junk that's rampant there. Ryan made us moderators because he wants us to keep the boards clean, in case you forgot.

The Daily Chit Chat thread was created for a reason, and I really don't see the problem with clan members using it as a means to converse.

Frankly, if I see another "I'm bored! Battle me!" post, I will most likely let the ban hammer fly without batting an eyelash.

I also think you guys should be happy with what you have. If the forums were mine, I would have deleted the entire section already.
Again, I agree with you there.
However, if all of them went to the DCC, then it'd probably be closed yet again.

Quote:
[CENTER][SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial"][I]Yes. For battling and nothing else requires talking and asking for battles.

"Hey guys, how's life?" is, indeed, irrelevant. But I think it's prefectly fine to ask what one has missed with their clan. They have a right to know, and is it really a problem if someone posts that? It's not an irrelevant post, it's not inapropriate, and it's on topic to the clan. There really is nothing wrong with greeting your fellow clan members and asking what someone has missed over and extended time period.
Clans do not decide what is on topic and what's off topic.

Quote:
PMs are inconvinient in many ways, and with noone posting on clan threads or anywhere else on the BC, there might as well not BE a Battling Center, for it will die.
If you really want to know what happened in your clan while you were gone, read the previous pages in the thread.

Quote:
The point is, Pokemon is about having fun, meeting people, and battling/trading with them. How can we do this without socializing?
We never said socializing is a bad thing, we said socializing is a bad thing when done in the wrong area's.

Quote:
Like I said, these new rules AREN'T horrible. They WERE needed. But they could be loosened up quite a bit. Banning someone for saying hello? Come on now, let's get civil here.
If we loosened up, then people would still say "hello!" and the problem would not persist.
Drastic measures were required.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:05 PM
SHADOW SWORD Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SHADOW SWORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeking1 View Post
Lol you just have proven my exact same point thanks I guess...

You have just admitted that people do that in the (other chat) section of this forum.

P.s. You mods are the ones who started that just to let you know...
Old 11-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Jose Offline

Quote:

You have just admitted that people do that in the (other chat) section of this forum.

I think that the battling Center should be as it was after because maybe it has a little from spam but mods spam when they post like in EB thread.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

There are people in this thread that are acting like mods who aren't.

People need to re-read my first post. Really, is it the end of the world if someone asked what they missed? If someone says hello? Will the forums explode on my computer, break my screen glass, causing little shards of it to fly into my face and make me bleed compulsively all over the place?

I think we all know the answer to that.

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:08 PM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:

That is true... hehehe I laughed at the Battling without communication... xD
Well I support them too, but sometimes it's not all right sometimes...

I know the battling center is only for battling, but sometimes you have to avoid that sometimes... not all the time, even though some people are doing it, but sometimes it's still ok IMO....

Quote:

People need to re-read my first post. Really, is it the end of the world if someone asked what they missed? If someone says hello? Will the forums explode on my computer, break my screen glass, causing little shards of it to fly into my face and make me bleed compulsively all over the place?

Hehehe... I was thinking similar to that too... =P
Old 11-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Jose Offline

Quote:

Only because mod's don't wanna that people talk only battle thatr's true we don't need to have so much rules.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:

The Other: Chat is for chatting, and that is what it is used for.
The Battling Center is for battling, contrary to what it is used for.