Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:14 PM
SHADOW SWORD Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SHADOW SWORD
Default Re: The "New and Improved" Battling Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
The Other: Chat is for chatting, and that is what it is used for.
The Battling Center is for battling, contrary to what it is used for.
Then tell me this Mod wanna be, why would they make a "daily chit chat" sticky if the whole chat section was just used for spam bud????

Shadow Out
Old 11-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Without communicating and looking around for battles, there would be no Battling Center.

We're on the internet. We can't just stare at the person and telepathically ask for a battle.

And don't even bring PMs into this. With just using PMs and not posting asking for a battle, there would be no Battling Center.

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 PM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
*cough*

So then.... what is the point of a clan there...? <_<
The Battling Center allowed clans, but of course no chatting...
what are you supposed to say, if someone just had an accident,
all you would say is, "This thread is not for that, and don't post if you know it isn't supposed to be here ".... wouldn't you rather say, "Aww... I'm sorry that happened... :( Hope you get better! ^^"
The point is, that some post's should be allowed than others... yes like I said, there is some spamming going on in there and all, but like Drift said, "But there are some posts that are considered irrelevant, which should be considered relevant"...
Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post

Without communicating and looking around for battles, there would be no Battling Center.

We're on the internet. We can't just stare at the person and telepathically ask for a battle.

And don't even bring PMs into this. With just using PMs and not posting asking for a battle, there would be no Battling Center.
Uhm, there is a little thread called Official PE2k Challenge Finder. Use that to look for a battle if you really need a battle. :/

Also, why not use PM?

I don't get why we are arguing about why you cant ask for a battle in the clan thread when there is no rule against it anyways.

~Jr

Last edited by The Jr Trainer; 11-15-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayyabX View Post
*cough*

So then.... what is the point of a clan there...? <_<
The Battling Center allowed clans, but of course no chatting...
what are you supposed to say, if someone just had an accident,
all you would say is, "This thread is not for that, and don't post if you know it isn't supposed to be here ".... wouldn't you rather say, "Aww... I'm sorry that happened... :( Hope you get better! ^^"
The point is, that some post's should be allowed than others... yes like I said, there is some spamming going on in there and all, but like Drift said, "But there are some posts that are considered irrelevant, which should be considered relevant"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post

Uhm, there is a little thread called Official PE2k Challenge Finder. Use that to look for a battle if you really need a battle. :/

~Jr
As Tayyab said, then what's the point of the clans? The Battling Center?

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 PM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:

The problem with PM's are.... sometimes they fill up too much, even when your at your best trying to delete most of them, they get full, MAX 300, so then you miss some other PM's... that's why I delete most of them every week...

Jr Trainer... we know, but Drift just pointed out, there will be no Battling Center... if there was no clans as well... how long do you think that finder will stay there for... there would be at least 5000 pages... <_< and there will be no communication for other players... and scrub the VC... it makes people sound like mice... =P
Old 11-15-2007, 09:22 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Ek, I edit too slow. D:
Quote:
I don't get why we are arguing about why you cant ask for a battle in the clan thread when there is no rule against it anyways.
Anyways, the point of clans is to battle other clans and practice battling against other members.

~Jr

Last edited by The Jr Trainer; 11-15-2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: y
Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:

There is no point to clans, and the battling center.

All most people do is hack mons to use against other people, and they think they become all that, when they really aren't :|
Old 11-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:

Ek, I edit too slow. D:

Anways, the point of clans is to battle other clans and practice battling against other members.

~Jr
How would you do this without posting? Without asking for battles?

If your answer is "You PM them." we're right back to what Tayyab and I were saying before, and it's a vicious circle.

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 PM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:

Ek, I edit too slow. D:

Anyways, the point of clans is to battle other clans and practice battling against other members.

~Jr
It's not all about how you find other battlers... it's about the clans, and the clans rules itself,
Quote:
Also, I must point out something that a lot of people are overlooking.

I'm not saying that these rules are bogus and must be done away with completely. I actually SUPPORT them.
YES, there are irrelevant posts. We know there are. But there are some that are considered irrelevant which should be considered relevant. That's my major objective here.

Another thing people aren't understanding is how would we get to BATTLE people on the BATTLING center without communicating?

Drift isn't saying that there shouldn't be any clans, she is actually telling us about the posts, and the rules instead... -_-
Old 11-15-2007, 09:27 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Quote:

How would you do this without posting? Without asking for battles?

If your answer is "You PM them." we're right back to what Tayyab and I were saying before, and it's a vicious circle.
-_- There is no rule against asking for a battle so... that I saw at least. D:

Example:
Person1: Does anyone want to have a nice battle?
Person2: I'll battle you. :D

Of course add s'more juice onto that but, I think (and hope) you get what I'm trying to say as I suck at explaining things. ;-;

EDIT: Of course I'm probably completely misunderstanding what your trying to tell me... so its best I just leave this thread. :/

~Jr

Last edited by The Jr Trainer; 11-15-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 PM
zukirin Offline

Quote:

Ek, I edit too slow. D:

~Jr
We need to have an effective way to communicate! Tell me, what is wrong bout talking to people within the clan?

If being ontopic is talking bout battling, and the clan, then talking to other members is fine because they ARE the clan...Sheesh everything was ok before.

Refresh the page to see this sig change
Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 PM
SuperT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayyabX View Post
The problem with PM's are.... sometimes they fill up too much, even when your at your best trying to delete most of them, they get full, MAX 300, so then you miss some other PM's... that's why I delete most of them every week...

Jr Trainer... we know, but Drift just pointed out, there will be no Battling Center... if there was no clans as well... how long do you think that finder will stay there for... there would be at least 5000 pages... <_< and there will be no communication for other players... and scrub the VC... it makes people sound like mice... =P
We are aloud to make main battle threads there. It is also use for tournaments as well.
The PMs I delete them after I read them.
True the challenge finder would be five thousand pages long if that happen.
It will be just like five or six threads.

Last edited by SuperT; 11-15-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:39 PM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
We are aloud to threads are main thread. It is also use for tournaments as well.
The PMs I delete them after I read them.
True the challenge finder would be five thousand pages long if that happen.
It will be just like five or six threads.
I didn't understand the first sentence...
But if you delete a PM, lets say it was an important trade, you delete it right after you read it, and forget the next day what you need to bring... it's another waste of time asking to PM again, and another PM... that you forget probably again... <_<

This is like the DP Trading Center... people are making useless threads, and most of the time, are making threads again, even if the last post was yesterday, because they got new stuff.... edit...! >_<

It goes on and on.... but I don't mind like the mini-threads of what your looking for, even if you have a thread, but not as long as you keep making those, and ignoring your own Trade Thread... unless it was expired... =P

The point is again... about the rules of clans...
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 PM
RonRaygunX3 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to RonRaygunX3

One rule that I find rather ridiculous is that you can not post in your clan thread asking if someone wants to battle. The new rules stated that all posts must have to do with clan matters. Isn't battling a clan matter? Shouldn't we be able to ask members of our clan if they would like to battle rather then PMing everyone? Isn't that the point of a clan, too have fun and battle with each other and the other members of pe2k?

With all due respect, RonRaygun.