Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-17-2007, 07:20 AM
NinjaDuelist's Avatar
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the ring with hopes and dreams.
Posts: 4,662
Default Inactive Mods

Now, this isn't to insult mods in any shape or form, as the mods here have done their jobs efficently and have done well doing so. The mods here have locked threads when needed, and have stopped fights in their paths. The mods here define what good mods should do.

There is one issue, though.

Many of the mods here have been inactive lately, or not active enough in my opinion. I look at moderators, and I notice that they haven't been on for two or three days, sometimes a week! There have been times where a mod is needed, and usually the mods to get it is the global mods such as Neo Pikachu and Megumi.

Now, this is mainly the regular mods, as I have also seen that most of the Global Moderators are active enough to catch situations before they get out of hand. However, I believe that the regular mods haven't been on enough to make an impact. I know everyone has issues outside of here, and it happens, but relying only on two or three mods isn't enough.


Mods, if this is considered unneccesary in any way, shape or form, or gets out of hand, I won't mind if you lock it or delete it. And if this is considered spam in your eyes, I'm sorry.

-ND
__________________
* Trophies * I AM TEH EXTREME!! * Meh MySpace *

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
  #2  
Old 11-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Gold Groudon's Avatar
Gold Groudon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stalker!!!!!
Posts: 1,681
Send a message via AIM to Gold Groudon Send a message via MSN to Gold Groudon
Default Re: Inactive Mods

I agree with ND, most mods aren't on alot at all.

They may not be online for 2 or 3 days at a time but then they come online for about 5 minutes then go offline for 6 hours then come online for 5 minutes again, this isn't efficient modding, that is just making it look like they are on more then they really are.

This too can be considered spam.
__________________
VPP Stats
Level 100: 1766

Keepin it Simple
Pearl: Ben
FC:4983-2039-2445
(If i cant remember it now, i might as well just throw the game away...)
  #3  
Old 11-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Stardy's Avatar
Stardy Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jolly Ol' England
Posts: 5,302
Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy
Default Re: Inactive Mods

I posted something like this a month go, but put a diffrent description, sying more mods, instead of replace.

This is a good idea, one problem though, only Ryan can demote people.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
Oh, you started Pe2k at the same age as me (12), you go to College and you're from England. In my head this all adds up to:

Stardy = awesome
  #4  
Old 11-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: Inactive Mods

While what you say does hold true, the fact is people are going to come at you by saying "They have lives too you know!" This is true, but they did take the time to dedicate themselves to this forum to even become a mod in the first place. Why are they inactive? I haven't a clue, perhaps a change in their daily life? They don't have time to come on and tend to their duties because of outside factors? What ever the cause is, they just don't come on. Nothing one can really say or do about that fact.

You only really have a few Mods that are actually dedicated to the job. Despite having a busy day to day life. In comparison, you'd think that the other mods are doing a poor job. Which in case, is probably true. Due to the fact that the few mods that are here most of the time, are usually tending not only to their job, but the absent mods job as well. Sure, they may drop by every so often, but are they doing their job? Its hard to say really.

At one point they were well dedicated to the site to have been given mod status. Yet, now a days, they barely have time for this let alone pokemon. So you'd think their title would be passed on to another person right? Problem is, that it isn't, since the sites admin is also MIA for weeks on end. So this forum can't really run as smoothly and efficiently as it could.

So in turn, just be grateful that the mods who are actually on, are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. They do make up for where the others slack off.
__________________
  #5  
Old 11-17-2007, 12:07 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN's Avatar
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Holland
Posts: 7,874
Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN
Default Re: Inactive Mods

Since I obviously can't be on 24/7 for reasons other than having a non-virtual life, I can't keep track of stuff all the time.

If you want to see some actual modding take place, I recommend you tell us when something is going on, instead of spamming the thread up complaining that there's nothing being done about it :P There's a report button for a reason.

-]DU[-
__________________

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
  #6  
Old 11-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Kecleonfan666's Avatar
Kecleonfan666 Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Skyworld
Posts: 4,081
Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666
Default Re: Inactive Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
Now, this isn't to insult mods in any shape or form, as the mods here have done their jobs efficently and have done well doing so. The mods here have locked threads when needed, and have stopped fights in their paths. The mods here define what good mods should do.

There is one issue, though.

Many of the mods here have been inactive lately, or not active enough in my opinion. I look at moderators, and I notice that they haven't been on for two or three days, sometimes a week! There have been times where a mod is needed, and usually the mods to get it is the global mods such as Neo Pikachu and Megumi.

Now, this is mainly the regular mods, as I have also seen that most of the Global Moderators are active enough to catch situations before they get out of hand. However, I believe that the regular mods haven't been on enough to make an impact. I know everyone has issues outside of here, and it happens, but relying only on two or three mods isn't enough.


Mods, if this is considered unneccesary in any way, shape or form, or gets out of hand, I won't mind if you lock it or delete it. And if this is considered spam in your eyes, I'm sorry.

-ND
It's as if you expect them to just be on all day and all night. Sure, there are some mods who come around just about everyday, and some who haven't came in weeks, but that's why they have multiple mods, if one is away, the others who are on can take on their duties, it's that simple.

They have a life to tend, maybe they have to go to school (Or College), or maybe they have something going on in their lives at the moment, or maybe their just plain doings something that takes them away from the internet. Just stop complaining about it.

Quote:
If you want to see some actual modding take place, I recommend you tell us when something is going on, instead of spamming the thread up complaining that there's nothing being done about it :P There's a report button for a reason.
EXACTLY. I've made a thread like this before, and it ended the same way this one is ending, "THEY HAVE A LIFE", so just deal with it.

You know, if you don't like it when mods aren't on, how about not even causing problems, eh? That seems like a plan.
__________________
  #7  
Old 11-17-2007, 12:36 PM
-PK's Avatar
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Your pants!
Posts: 7,662
Default Re: Inactive Mods

The mods are oing enough as it is. They have lives, the can't be on the forum all hours of their lives.

Complaining that the mods aren't on enough is just sad. Spam happens, even when mods are on, and a lot of it gets overlooked.

To me uit seems like you are wanting more mods, and you want to be one....:|
__________________
  #8  
Old 11-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Shiny Zangoose's Avatar
Shiny Zangoose Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Among the Duskulls.
Posts: 297
Default Re: Inactive Mods

Sure, there are inactive mods. Every forum has inactive mods. Maybe they need to be at school, or college, or work. The mods who ARE active, however, do a great job with their work.

If there could be more mods like Neo Pika, Megumi, and DarkUmbreon, yes, it would be great. But having each and every mod on 24/7 is not possible.
__________________
Lv. 100 @ 332 <---Click to feed!
Banner and Avatar by Fire Pkmn Master
Mah Fanfic.
  #9  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Loyal Arcanine's Avatar
Loyal Arcanine Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 8,833
Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine
Default Re: Inactive Mods

Some are inactive, yes. But I don't think that the moderators as a collective group are too inactive. I think we're on enough to cover the things and handle the issues we need to. Sure, sometimes something might happen and there's no mod on, but that can always be the case. And as DU said, there's a report button you can use.
__________________



"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

  #10  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:30 PM
pixlepix's Avatar
pixlepix Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,227
Default Re: Inactive Mods

maby more mods would be nice.
__________________
vppluxrayhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/spri...b/dpmfb405.png level 100@1354 past vpps unknown,meganium,espeon .fc=3909 4274 3198
//www.pokeplushies.com]credit to the charm for the avitar
Here are guides on a great game:
Heroscape
Heroscape rules
What to buy in heroscape
  #11  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:33 PM
NinjaDuelist's Avatar
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the ring with hopes and dreams.
Posts: 4,662
Default Re: Inactive Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post
Since I obviously can't be on 24/7 for reasons other than having a non-virtual life, I can't keep track of stuff all the time.

If you want to see some actual modding take place, I recommend you tell us when something is going on, instead of spamming the thread up complaining that there's nothing being done about it :P There's a report button for a reason.

-]DU[-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
Some are inactive, yes. But I don't think that the moderators as a collective group are too inactive. I think we're on enough to cover the things and handle the issues we need to. Sure, sometimes something might happen and there's no mod on, but that can always be the case. And as DU said, there's a report button you can use.
Regarding both of your statements...

I know we have the report button, and its a fine and dandy tool. I use it a lot and you guys take care of it very quickly.

Also, I'm not saying ALL mods haven't been active enough, but as Gold Groudon stated earlier, there are a few that haven't been active enough for quite some time. I know that the modding here is effective, but not all of the mods are effective.

In a nutshell, I'm not saying that the mod community hasn't been doing their job, as a mod has always come to save the day at a good time. Its just that there are only a few mods doing it on a daily basis, and when PokemonElite2000 returns, perhaps either adding or replacing with fresher mods wouldn't be a bad idea.

And I'm glad to get your opinoins, Loyal Arcanine and DaRkUmBrEoN. I'm sure all the mods here have some input, too. ^_^

-ND
__________________
* Trophies * I AM TEH EXTREME!! * Meh MySpace *

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
  #12  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Loyal Arcanine's Avatar
Loyal Arcanine Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 8,833
Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine
Default Re: Inactive Mods

I don't see your problem really. We seem to agree that the moderators as a whole group do their job. There are just a few that are inactive. Why does that bother you? As long as the moderators as group do their task, what does it matter if some of them are inactive? If they return, great, we will be able to do the job even better. If they stay inactive, no problem, we've got it covered. There is no need for more mods, nor is there a need to replace the inactive ones, seeing how the collective at the moment is capable of handling everything.
__________________



"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

  #13  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:46 PM
NinjaDuelist's Avatar
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the ring with hopes and dreams.
Posts: 4,662
Default Re: Inactive Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
I don't see your problem really. We seem to agree that the moderators as a whole group do their job. There are just a few that are inactive. Why does that bother you? As long as the moderators as group do their task, what does it matter if some of them are inactive? If they return, great, we will be able to do the job even better. If they stay inactive, no problem, we've got it covered. There is no need for more mods, nor is there a need to replace the inactive ones, seeing how the collective at the moment is capable of handling everything.
Then why not drop the other mods and keep the active ones?
__________________
* Trophies * I AM TEH EXTREME!! * Meh MySpace *

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
  #14  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Kecleonfan666's Avatar
Kecleonfan666 Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Skyworld
Posts: 4,081
Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666
Default Re: Inactive Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
Then why not drop the other mods and keep the active ones?
Now you're just acting stupid. What if they do come on right after they're demodded and they get pissed off, exactly, they earned that position, and unless they stated that they're leaving forever or something, you have no right to say they should be demodded.
__________________
  #15  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:54 PM
-PK's Avatar
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Your pants!
Posts: 7,662
Default Re: Inactive Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
Then why not drop the other mods and keep the active ones?
You just proved you want to be a mod :| Which pretty much WON'T happen since Ryan has to come back for any mods to be demodded, or new mods made.
__________________
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com