Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:53 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default (SU) Halo: Eternal War RP

The Story So Far...
Earth. Our final threshold. Our last prize, our only home known to mankind. It is our destiny to protect her and never surrender her. It is 6 months after the destruction of all the Halos, Master Chief and The Arbiter succeeded in activating the ring and decimating all the remaining structures of hell. The Covenant defeated, the Prophet of Truth killed, and without a leader, the last of them fled, never to be seen for this short period of time....until now. A massive new, brandly built Covenant Fleet engaged the blockade surrounding Earth. Led by the vicious brutes, they are greater in numbers and even more powerful than before. The Humans called for help, The Arbiter and the Elites came with their fleet to assist their allies. But is their help alone enough to stop them? Master Chief and Cortana were found, 2 months after the destruction of the rings, floating in space. Lord Hood, the General of the UNSC, sent a rescue party to retrieve them, but on their way back to Earth, a unbelieveable sight blinded them: 3 new Halos, cramped together, drifting apart slowly, 3 Halos that survived the blast from the others. Mark I, Mark II, and Mark III are their given names. The Chief, Cortana, and the Marines retrieved new orders: to investigate the rings and shut them down (destroy them). On the surface of Mark I, they meet Covenant Forces who fight them back. With the Elites and the Arbiter fighting alongside the Humans at Earth and the Chief somewhere on Mark I, hidden in space, hope seems lost, and humanity diminished.

Role Playing

You must choose a side in this new war, whether you fight with the humans or with the evil Covenant, your task is simple: win, at all costs. Main characters like Master Chief and the Arbiter are NPC's. Here they are:

Playable Characters

One thing that the UNSC never had before were fully-trained Spartans. They did, but all of them were lost or killed. In this RP, you are able to become a Spartan, once proven yourself in combat. You are given mulitple muscular enhancers, as well as featured enhancers, like height and weight. You are equipped with the gear almost similar to Master Chief's. If you play on the Alliance side, I will message you when you can become a Spartan, but only when I see fit to make you one. You must start out as a Marine first. These characters are only available to the Alliance side.

The Marines are the basic form of soldiers in the UNSC, basic to the Spartans, at least. The new technology of enhancing a Marine to a Spartan is their most beloved dream. They fight hard, harder than ever against the Covenant due to the loss of many of them in the past war. They are equipped with many different types of weapons and gear, making them valuable in combat. These characters are only available to the Alliance Side.

The brutal Elites. Former servants of war to the Covenant, they now distinquish thereselves as their own civilization. Bigger, faster, and stronger than Marines, they prove lethal in any situation. Led by The Arbiter, they are more military-minded and much more experienced. These characters are only available to the Alliance Side.

The evil Brutes, new main infantry of the Covenant, they surpass Elites in strength by far and are much more powerful. The Brutes took matters into their own hands after Truth was killed. They fled with a fleet and reconstructed everything on Mark I, II, and III. Their mission is to wipe everything out, and make themselves rulers of the galaxy. These characters are only available to The Covenant side.

Although thought to be weak, worthless beings, they have progressed into savage warriors. Grunts used to run away leaderless, but now, they stand and fight, under the harsh training of the Brutes, they may not be as big but they certainly do quite as much damage. These characters are only available to The Covenant side.

The secondary infantry of the Covenant, Jackals are mostly scouts or long ranged troops. They snipe, steal, and raid enemy forces. Also trained by the Brutes, they travel alone unless together in small numbers. They use Snipers and Carbines along with an Energy Shield that assists them in combat. These characters are only available to The Covenant side.

The fiercesome troops of the Covenant. The Hunters are the only ones that out-match the Brutes and are giant, strong beings that travel alone or in pairs. They were rarely seen on the battlefield, but now, they fight in groups and are seen more than ever. They resemble even Spartans, and can easily kill one if they get in their way. These characters are only available to The Covenant side.

Drones, mercenaries to the Covenant. They travel in swarms, hundreds, maybe thousands at a time. They are extremely weak and can be killed almost instantly if shot once. But their lightning speed and advanced agility make them tough targets, especially if their also shooting at you. These characters are only available to The Covenant side.

Mark I, II, III

The 3 remaining Halos, Mark I, II, and III are very different installations than the last forerunner faculties. They are larger, and their conditions are majestic. They are together, miles apart, but can be seen together, floating beside the stars. The Covenant constructed a new High Charity city, and what is very unusual about the rings, they are attracted to the energy and orbit around the massive city ship. Mark I is the smallest of the 3 rings, it is mostly covered in deserts, it's weather is hot and it never rains on the ring. Mark II, however, contains thousands of mountain ranges and forests. It rains a lot as well on some parts of the ring, but the mountains tower even higher than Mt. Everest, on Earth. Mark III is the most unusual and unexplored. Oceans cover it's surface along with a bunch of islands like the first Halo. But a mysterious aura floats around there, and there may be even a life-form there residing deep with it's core.

Rules and In-Depth Role Playing
  • No All-Powerful characterization. (Ultimate rampages, immortality, and precise shooting-otherwise never missing a burst of fire).
  • No Swearing.
  • Be kind and fair to other RPer's.
  • Any Questions? Go to our discussion page.
  • No God-Modding.
  • Obey regular rules, and no chatting in the actual Role Playing thread.
  • See guides to RP'ing if unsure about actions.

Death and Dying
If your character dies at some point in the RP, I'm sorry to say, but he/she is dead and cannot return. Role Players can kill other Rper's characters if done so fairly and realistically. If you attack them, they must recieve time to post back, countering your moves until someone falls and is beaten. You can also kill NPC's like Master Chief or The Arbiter but, it is not recommended, because they are very strong and your chances of defeating them alone are 1/100000000. If your character dies, you may re-create another, and you may change sides if you wish. If your character was a Spartan, say if you were on the Alliance, and he died, after all that hard work in becoming one, you may start out as a Spartan again when you re-create another character unless you change sides. You lose all former status from your previous character if you change sides, meaning you start over as a mere recruit. You are limited to 3 characters, if all of them are killed, you must leave the RP unfortuneatly.

More Information
  • If you are part of the Alliance, you can either start out on the fleet blockade at Earth, fighting the Covenant, or on the surface, fighting the Covenant there.
  • You can't start out alongside with Master Chief, so don't ask.
Traveling
When you are traveling, here are the time periods to get to each location:
  • 5-10 posts to get to Mark I, II, and III from Earth and back.
  • 1-3 posts to get from the blockade to Earth's surface and back.
  • Overall, it should take at least 2 posts in traveling to a different location in space, but traveling is also highly reguarded while on the surface of Earth or the rings. NO TELEPORTING.
  • Just be very realistic about this RP.

Applications
  • Character's name:
  • Race (Brute, Marine, Drone, ect.):
  • Alignment (Alliance OR The Covenant):
  • Character's age: (Covenant citizens live a long time, up to 200 years):
  • Physical Appearance (Scars, loss of limbs, hair color, eye color, ect.):
  • Background (Give some life-experience information):

The Alliance
-Ryan 118, Spartan (Played by: Shade)
-Rob 302, Marine (Played by: Ninajduelist)
-Colonel Logan Blackfield, Marine (Played by: Neo Pikachu)
-Dorogard, Elite (Played by: Triplex)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The Covenant
-Runzel Twarz, Brute (Played by: Dragonlovaflygon101)
-River 7, Brute (Played by: Noob of all Noobs)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
[The Cycle: Battle Kanto]

Last edited by Shade; 11-20-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:55 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: (SU) Halo: Eternal War

Excuse me for my double post but this is my application, so you may use it as an example. I start out as a Spartan because I'm head of this RP, but like I said, any of you who join the Alliance can be a Spartan once I see it fit to make you one.

Character's name: Ryan 118 (Last name unknown)

Race: Spartan 118

Alignment: The Alliance, UNSC.

Character's age: 28

Physical Appearance: Ryan has brown hair and bright green eyes. He is cleanly-shaven and has a few small scars on his chest. He is very athletic and strong, as well as fast. No one has ever seen his face in combat because he is a Spartan. He keeps his Mark V armor on all the time when in battle and never removes it. (The Mark V armor is what Master Chief has in Halo 1).

Background: Ryan was born on the planet Harvest, long before the Fall of Reach. He was trained as a Spartan in secrecy, keepng him away from regular training and recieving specialized combative training himself. He was the last known Spartan created after Master Chief, but wasn't known at all. He managed to reach Earth after being in orbit for many years, and came in contact wth Lord Hood, as Master Chief was on Delta Halo (Halo 2 time). He was placed in a cryo-tube on Earth and was to be kept away until he was needed. Only Lord Hood and some world-leaders knew of this. He was finally released when the Brute Covenant Fleet engaged and is prepared to fight alongside the UNSC.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 11-19-2007, 05:40 AM
DragonLovaFlygon101 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: (SU) Halo: Eternal War RP

Character's name: Runzel Twarz

Race (Brute, Marine, Drone): Brute

Alignment (Alliance OR The Covenant): Covenant

Character's age: (Covenant citizens live a long time, up to 200 years): 123

Physical Appearance (Scars, loss of limbs, hair color, eye color, ect.): Runzel is a black-haired brute with a mane like hair style. His left eye is brown, but his right is completely white. His right eye has a large scar running down, made by an elite dumb enough to attack head on with an energy sword. He is armed to the teeth: Two Spikers are hooked to his belt loop. A Gravity Hammer is sheathed on his back, and a Brute Shot is hooked to his pant leg. Runzel wears the armor of a high ranked Brute Official. Only the strongest Brute have wielded weapons such as Gravity Hammers, and he proudly wears it upon his back. He is the strongest of most Brutes, and can take many blows. Although his age is a bit large, he is ready for a fight.

Runzel occasionally switches out his Gravity Hammer for his Jet Pack. He has a long white strip of white hair down the middle of his Mane like hair.

Background (Give some life-experience information): Runzel joined the Covenant Forces in hopes to get in on the action going on at Earth. Unfortunately, he was placed at Mark II as the Guard Chieftain of the Cartographer. Before the Arbiter killed The Prophet of Truth, Truth had given Runzel a force of twenty. Ten Grunts, five Jackals, three Brutes and two Hunters. Although he was their leader, the Grunts defiantly took there own actions. Thay usually casually strolled along the sandy beaches, and would be severly punished by being pumbled by the Brutes.

Runzel has just received word that a Cruiser-Class human ship is inbound towards the rings. He feels the adrenaline pump through his veins. When he got the news, all of his mucsles flexed. He was ready for a fight.

Nice job on this RP, well thought out. I'm a big fan of Halo, too. Nice to see a fan who knows the history that happened BEFORE the games xD
I like that picture of a grunt without his Methane breather on

('-(O-('-'Q)

Last edited by DragonLovaFlygon101; 11-19-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: to = too, hye = he
Old 11-19-2007, 06:32 AM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

If its possible for me to be a Spartan at the start, that would be cool. If not, then a marine would be alright. Also, I don't know a lot about the Halo universe, so I may fudge up a time or two.

Character's Name: Rob 302 (last name unknown)

Race: Spartan 302 (or Marine 302)

Alignment: The Alliance, UNSC.

Character's Age: 20 years old

Physical Appearance: He has short brown hair, brown eyes, height of 6'4 and is muscularly built. He isn't as fast as many of his other comrades, but is very strong, allowing him to wield the heavier and stronger weapons.

Background: From Earth, and that's all that's known at this time.

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
Old 11-20-2007, 02:51 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Both accepted, and sorry Ninjaduelist, but you'll have to start out as a Marine, but you'll probably be the first one besides myself to become a Spartan.

Dragonlovaflygon--Well done, that was some sweet description, I'ms ure your character will rpove to be an important asset to the Covenant Army.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 11-20-2007, 04:00 AM
Experienced Trainer

Thanks for the complement, Shade ^^
Hopefully Runzel doesn't get killed by a normal Marine O.o
Oh, I have a question. Will the Flood appear in this rp? If so, then if my Brute were to become infected, would I control him or would he become an NPC?

('-(O-('-'Q)
Old 11-20-2007, 04:07 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Haha, sorry, but that is confidential.

I hinted in the description of Mark 1, 2 and 3 that there were signs of a life form other than the Covenant or Humanity. But, it can be anything, so don't assume it will be the flood.

Lets say your Brute did get infected, then yes, you would still control him until he was actually killed. But if the flood do enter the RP, then they will all be NPC's until your character is infected, then I will add another alignment next to the Alliance and the Covenant.

The flood can speak, and stradegize, but mostly they just infect anything they can.

For example:

If you are infected and are aligned with the flood you can:
  • Go to Earth and attempt to infect everything
  • Infect High Charity like In Halo 3
  • Infect any ship of the Alliance
  • And last but not least, you may be able to infect other RP'ers and maybe even the Arbiter or the Chief, though it is very difficult to do so.
  • If the flood do enter the RP, yes there will be a Gravemind, which is the main infectious form mind of the flood, spreading infection and deciding the flood's fate and plans.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 11-20-2007, 04:13 AM
Experienced Trainer

Hmm, ok. Another Question. If the Flood are here, and If my Combat Flood changes into a Carrier Flood (Fat exploding kind xD), would I control the Infection Spores? Or just one Spore? Or would I have to make a new charecter. Sorry bout these questions, I just want to know as much as I can.

('-(O-('-'Q)
Old 11-20-2007, 04:15 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Ok, one question was enough here, please use the Discussion section Dragonlova. I'll answer your questions there.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 11-20-2007, 04:34 AM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName

Character's name: River 7 [Unknown, but used]
Race: Brute
Alignment: Convenant
Character's age: Undisclosed, but thinks he is forty-five.
Physical Appearance: River 7 is covered with shields and all, he is rarely seen. He only shows his arms, which is a dark shade of black. Otherwise, he wears a big, black suit covering all of his body. He was never seen, not even himself, except his dead Brute Parents. He doesn't know, as no one else, but as his suit is coming out daily, he is coming out with his real appearance soon.
Background: River was born, obvious enough, in a river. He does not know his true identity, as well as his real parents right now. He himself is confused about himself. Not much is known about him, just that he jumped into a portal as a baby and is used as a brute. He taught himself about how to kill and such, and is pretty weird.

Not too much, eh?

Noob of All Noobs
Old 11-20-2007, 04:39 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Accepted, well done Noob of all Noobs, hopefully River 7 isn't killed before he unlocks his true identity.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 11-20-2007, 04:41 AM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Accepted, well done Noob of all Noobs, hopefully River 7 isn't killed before he unlocks his true identity.
Hah, yeah. I hope he is alive. He is going to be one weird character.

Noob of All Noobs
Old 11-20-2007, 04:44 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Well, each side has a max of 20 RP'ers, when each side has 10, we'll start and the Alliance people start on Earth or the Blockade fleet. And the Covenant all start out either on High Charity or the fleet attacking the earth blockade/earth.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 11-20-2007, 05:22 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Character Name: Colonel Logan Blackfield

Race: Marine

Alignment: Alliance

Description: Standing 6’5” and often shady in appearance, Blackfield wears the standard green and dark brown Alliance uniform with a normal cloth cap on his forehead. Meanwhile, he has tan skin tone, brown eyes, and long brown hair that slightly covers his eyes, while the back of his hair is tied in a ponytail. He also has very keen eyesight, and a good reaction time armed with good dexterity and slight of hand. For a seasoned war veteran, he has very few battle wounds considering his military profile.

While Colonel Blackfield isn’t muscular or heavy built, he’s fast and is a natural sprinter. In the meantime, he also has outstanding tracking ability and wilderness survival skills. Most of his military background is heavily sniper focused, having aced all mastery sniper skill examinations, and completed expert level training.

Personality: Gruff, rough around the edges, Colonel Blackfield does not take crap from anyone or anything. Meanwhile, he’s also ruthless and steadfast, and doesn’t back down unless he really has to. While brave, he’s not stupid and won’t hesitate to bail out of a nasty situation if it means living to fight another day. With that in mind, Blackfield knows that if his troops are taking heavy casualties or the situation looks grim, he’ll pull them out, as lost causes only get worse and worse as time goes on.

Background: Logan Blackfield started off as a Private, served and survived several battles against the Covenant as a support sniper. Beginning words of his colleges included remarks such as “we found them dead before we even got onto the scene,” often shadow Blackfield’s Sniper Specialist performance.

After staying long enough in active duty to reach the rank of Captain, Blackfield took command of some of the most specialized Alliance Special Forces in Operation: Shock Phoenix, a classified military operation to secretly sabotage 50 Covenant carrier crafts before deployment with explosive devices that would only go off post-launch sequence. This would result in the killing the hostile Covenant personnel inside and causing a portion of the fleet to fall back and investigate the source of the attack in case more of their ships were rigged. As military Intel reported, Captain Blackfield was the commander behind Operation: Shock Phoenix, and it was met with unexpected success and only one injury, no casualties. Because of the success, coordination, and premeditation behind the operation, Blackfield was awarded the Alliance 7th Star Medallion, as well as the Crimson Fury Medal.

Blackfield’s operations as Major were off of the field and mostly background work, something he quickly got tired off but still performed to the best of his ability. After reaching Colonel, he decided to head back into the field, follow the success and the methodology of Operation: Shock Phoenix, and continue to do what he does best: commanding the best Black Ops the Alliance can get their hands on.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Wow. WOW. Neo, man, I don't care what you say about not knowing that much about Halo, but that certainly was an amazing sign up. I'm so looking forward for my character to be rping alongside yours.

Accepted. *duh* haha

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]