Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: Battling Center Feedback

What about a Clan League? Like a Sports League. Clan's join up and battle each other. Most wins/points goes to playoffs, etc. Just a thought.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 01-06-2008, 05:54 AM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post
What about a Clan League? Like a Sports League. Clan's join up and battle each other. Most wins/points goes to playoffs, etc. Just a thought.

~Jack~
Perhaps we could have something similar to that, but not to do with clans. Perhaps everyone makes teams of five and we have something like that. Good idea, Jack. ^_^

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
Old 01-06-2008, 05:57 AM
pikachu25king Offline
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to pikachu25king

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
Perhaps we could have something similar to that, but not to do with clans. Perhaps everyone makes teams of five and we have something like that. Good idea, Jack. ^_^
yeah, like each clan leader choses 5 of there members, and who ever wins, will make it to the playoffs.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

*Revived*

Just some ideas to throw around.

Clans- What would we say to limiting the amount of clan members per clan? The idea here is to promote more clans being created, so everyone gets a chance to participate in a clan battle. And if we follow through on the Clan League mentioned a few posts above, it'll be more fun to run.

Battle Ladder- Teo will be heading the new Battle Ladder, but we need ideas to motivate more people to use it. I suggested some sort of prize each month.

Official League- We'd like to try an official league again, and we need your help. Teo had more details, which I didn't save. But the idea would be to create a challenge that everyone can participate in.

Tournaments- Open to suggestions.

If anyone has an comments on these, or other aspects of the battling board, please post.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 08-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless

Quote:
*Revived*

Clans- What would we say to limiting the amount of clan members per clan? The idea here is to promote more clans being created, so everyone gets a chance to participate in a clan battle. And if we follow through on the Clan League mentioned a few posts above, it'll be more fun to run.

I'd like that idea. Spread the wealth.

Battle Ladder- Teo will be heading the new Battle Ladder, but we need ideas to motivate more people to use it. I suggested some sort of prize each month.

I used to be involved in that, but it just got boring after awhile. Maybe throw something new into it. Prizes are meh, no one really wants/needs them.

Official League- We'd like to try an official league again, and we need your help. Teo had more details, which I didn't save. But the idea would be to create a challenge that everyone can participate in.

Leagues are never really successful on ANY forum. I go to about 5 forums, all had leagues which all died.

If you want any response in a Official Tournament, it HAS to be stickied.

If anyone has an comments on these, or other aspects of the battling board, please post.

~Jack~
Look in the bold sections.
Smogon tutor.
Winner of the Smogon Battling 101 Tournament.
Winner of an official PokeBeach tournament.
Highest UU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 2.
Highest OU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 3.
Highest Suspect ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 1.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Dancing Mad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Dancing Mad

Quote:
*Revived*

~Jack~
All of those sound like good ideas. Especially the clan league and a limit on members.

"The only pace is suicide pace, and every day is a good day to die."
- Steve Prefontaine
Old 08-04-2008, 03:03 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

I promote the limitation. And certain leagues and/or tournaments need to be a little more original in order to bring back our enthusiasm.

Edit; Maybe the release of certain userbars for first, second, and third?

WAR XI Team: .
Old 08-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemaster93 View Post
I promote the limitation. And certain leagues and/or tournaments need to be a little more original in order to bring back our enthusiasm.

Edit; Maybe the release of certain userbars for first, second, and third?
Yea the userbars are a big thing. The Limit on clan members would be a very good move. Somewhere around the number of 18-20 max would probably be good.
Smogon tutor.
Winner of the Smogon Battling 101 Tournament.
Winner of an official PokeBeach tournament.
Highest UU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 2.
Highest OU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 3.
Highest Suspect ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 1.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Bon Jovi Offline
Banned

The member limit might be a problem, since some clans are packed with members and are going to have to chop and change to fit into these rules. Clans like NTR are going to be looking at a big cut if you choose to implement.

Also Pe2k needs an official tournament to get things on the ball here in my opinion, so get that up as soon as possible.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:12 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
Yea the userbars are a big thing. The Limit on clan members would be a very good move. Somewhere around the number of 18-20 max would probably be good.
If the userbars will be used, I'll make the userbars. So if the creator needs some, PM/IM me and I'll make them at my earliest convenience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon Jovi View Post
The member limit might be a problem, since some clans are packed with members and are going to have to chop and change to fit into these rules. Clans like NTR are going to be looking at a big cut if you choose to implement.

Also Pe2k needs an official tournament to get things on the ball here in my opinion, so get that up as soon as possible.
I was just thinking about that. Maybe 25 at max.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:15 AM
Dancing Mad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Dancing Mad

I was thinking maybe clans could be 10 to 15 max because most clans usually use at least 7 people in a war and its hard to keep 20 to 25 involved.

"The only pace is suicide pace, and every day is a good day to die."
- Steve Prefontaine
Old 08-04-2008, 03:27 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

The idea for the league I had in mind was completely different from what others generally do.

A basic run down of how it would be like would be like the show really. Each Gym leader would essentially have their own battling rules. Be it doubles 3v3 4v4 or a full on 6v6. Their will only be 8 Gym leaders and 4 Elite 4 as with all regions. Each Gym would essentially specialize in their Gym type. They won't be restricted so much to just their type depending on the type of battle they wish to have. The only time a champion will be crowed for the league is when some one is the first to go through all 8 gyms and the elite 4.

I'd figure that would spice things up a bit and make it more fun for challengers because you're not getting the same old standard 6v6 rules.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:27 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Well if 15 becomes official, then big clans such as NTR will be having huge cuts.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

That may be true that NTR will have to make cuts, but people only generally join the biggest and most well off clans while the other ones just slowly die and fade away. :? Wouldn't you want some healthy competition by having more clan's active and have more battles with various clans instead of having to wait WEEKS for a war you started months ago to end? xP
Old 08-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Bon Jovi Offline
Banned

Yeah I would rather keep the numbers low in clans rather than have a lot of people, since too many means people become unsettled as they aren't in wars and things like that. Too little wouldn't be that bad a prospect though on second thought. Wars are few and far between in seems, NTR looks like they have been at war with TCE for months now, and clans like Banished Warriors are looking for wars, whilst TCE isn't even an active clan. A time limit on wars would be a welcome addition too.

Also at your tourny Teo, i'd say you shouldn't be solely restricted to your type, maybe allowed one Pokemon of a completely different element would be a better idea, since types that are not very diverse, such as Electric, would become very easy to beat.

Last edited by Bon Jovi; 08-04-2008 at 03:38 AM.
Closed Thread