Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

View Poll Results: Anonymous Poll. Do you like the idea of Scheduled Refs?
Yes 7 35.00%
No 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Syas Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Syas Send a message via Yahoo to Syas
Default Scheduled Reffing

Yesterday (as the 7 trainers who were all waiting in line for me to finish with the previous battle can attest), there was a high demand for refs, and at the time (about noon-3pm) I was the only one on who would (not could) ref.

Now what I am suggesting is not an enforcement of reffing, because I think our Refs are helpful and nice to volunteer for reffing, what I am asking for is a volunatary amount of time once a week where they will definately be available for reffing.

For example, let's say I want to challenge Dap's Gym, I can reference the list and say "Oh, KoL has said he will be on 7-10pm EST on Tuesday" I check with Dap and BAM! No more sitting online waiting for a ref to show up

This also helps us to prevent the opposite, have 4 refs on one night and then 1 the next. Does that mean you can't Ref whenever you want to? Of course not! It just helps to make sure that if you can only devote a certain amount of time per week, you are devoting it at the best time for the Club.

Now, I know this sounds a little demanding, and it is not meant as a slight against anyone, if you are busy, you are busy. No probs there, I just figure considering that we do get Paid for this, I don't think it is too much to ask for 3 hours a week from each Ref.

I don't want just Refs responding to this, I want to hear from Trainers/Gym Leaders also.

Refs, do you think this is too much to ask for the compensation?
Battlers, would you be more active in the URPG if you knew there was a Ref (who was Reffing) on when you wanted to battle?

This thread only applies to AIM as far as scheduling. Forum Battles Board, IMO is running fine now.

BW Friend Code: 1420 7304 0029

Last edited by Syas; 04-18-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:05 PM
ball Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to ball Send a message via MSN to ball
Default Re: Scheduled Reffing

Yes, I like the idea, but 3 ours per week? There isnt soo many refs. It should be a little more. If it would be 3 ours per week, then there would be refs for only one day (something around 24 ours). But yes, when I know a ref is online, and can ref, I would be online more (when I have free time). The only bad thing is, that sometimes it may happen a ref cant get on at his time, and then we have to wait for like 3-5 hours, and no ref would show up, because it isnt his time.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Keeper_of_Light Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Keeper_of_Light

Er? No. Simply put just PM or IM people to arrange a time. No ref can say he will be on for definate 3 hours a week or anything like that. If you want more refs, give it a try its not as hard as it seems if you use the calculator.

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
Old 04-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via AIM to Nefarious

Yeah some refs can't have a definate 3 hours. Some of them go online to ref for about 5 minutes because that's the only time they have. Of course they get more time in than 5 minutes added up by the end of the week. I say we just need more refs. I want to try it out but I have no idea how to do it. I am hoping someone will teach me.

Just get some refs that will be online a lot and that have varied time zones.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

I'm not sure scheduled reffing would work and I really don't think alot of refs would ablige to it. 3 hours? O.o. Er I doubt I can do 3 hours because of my GCSEs coming up in like a month...in the summer probably but not right now...

I have set myself a target of reffing about $1k in reffing everyday. That means 2 1on1s or 1 2on2. That would take me about 20 mins a day, maybe less, and that is acceptable for me. If you see me on then I can ref up to that limit I set myself. Sure if I'm bored or anything I will ref more but no schedule because refs should have a life too. They should be able to come on and off when they want like any other person.

And yes we DO need more refs. I am always willing to teach someone, NF, so if you see me on, then don't be afraid to ask. I am currently in the process of making my own ref notes which will help new and old refs and make reffing VERY easy.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 04-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Scheduled reffing won't work, I think. When trainers notice refs will be online at that and that time, everybody will float online at the same time, giving the ref way too much work. And three hours may indeed be too much, while less would not work for scheduled reffing. I think for Gym Battles you should just contact opposing Gym Leader and maybe a ref too, and then set a time.

Oh, and btw Dap, I also want to become a ref. Now that I'm well and truly into battling, I think I might take the test. I'll ask you on AIM.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 04-18-2005, 05:55 PM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight

I'm not too sure...

Anyways, I'd like to become ref and help with the shortage!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Syas Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Syas Send a message via Yahoo to Syas

All valid counter points, and at 2-8, I will drop the issue.

Again, I just would hate to see someone lose interest in the URPG because of not being able to battle, more refs is a viable (and according to majority, better) option, so in that case I think that is the way to go.

Thanks for letting me bounce the ideas of some of you guys.

BW Friend Code: 1420 7304 0029
Old 04-18-2005, 11:21 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

Well I can help since I'm on all the time, I just need Marth to get on so I can finish my ref test.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun

Have you checked reffing records?
Have you seen the amount some refs get paid every few weeks?

The URPG in terms of ref activity is much higher now than it was 6 months ago, and life can be too complicated for some at times to allow for a definite window of time, so no, I really don't think this would work at all.

Besides, there are enough refs, and more members are trying to become them as time goes by.

I don't see any problem in the system as it is at the moment, but meh, that's just from my point of view, :P

Note: Erm, am I the only one who noticed that this poll is set to go on until July, o_O... why bother limiting the voting time, it'll die within a week or two, XD.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Keeper_of_Light Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Keeper_of_Light

I am also more than willing to teach anyone reffing, if you are interested IM me at steriley64 thats my AIM. If I have my away message up IM me anyway and I will get back to you.

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
Old 04-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

i think this was suggested like two years ago...

and im going to disagree with it again. it puts way too much pressure on the ref. besides, it's easier to train new members to become refs. and i plan on improving the Perfect Reffing Thread so it will encourage more refs.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 04-23-2005, 08:24 PM
koolcurtis Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to koolcurtis Send a message via Yahoo to koolcurtis

I don't think it will work. Someone won't show, or refs will be over worked or other unforseen problems will happen. If only there was a way to get more refs on......
Old 06-02-2005, 03:31 PM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark

We should have schedule reffing for summer like from June 10st to the end of Labor Day weekend. Because there will be more active members.

Jack don't worry I plan on becoming a ref (later this summer after my 3 pokemon).

Koolcurtis I don't see you on much online.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Deoxysfan Offline
Elite Trainer

When one of the ref testers has time can they test me to be a ref.