Welcome, ladies and gents, to the WiFi battling section for this wondrous semi-war with the ridiculous number! I'm teh Stairmaster and I'll be your host. Just to let you know, this is the first time we've tried WiFi battling in the War so things might go funny at first. Just bear with me!
Before you think about entering, you MUST
be on a War team. This is very important. So much so, that failure to comply will result in jam. Seriously, though, if you're not on a War team you can't enter. See here
So without further ado, it's time for the RULES!
Battles are fought on a weekly basis against members of your opposing teams. There are two battle types:
Open Level (1 point available)
Level 50 (1 point available)
- Pokemon must be at their natural level (not set to 100 or 50 by the computer)
UPDATE: Set lv100 mode is now acceptable instead.
- Each team must comprise 6 Pokemon
- The battle may be played either in Single or Double style (as agreed upon beforehand by participants)
- Pokemon must be at level 50 as set by the computer
- Each team must comprise 3 Pokemon
- The battle must be played in Single style
Furthermore, these rules apply to all battles:
- There will be absolutely NO USE of hacked Pokemon, including hacked moves/stats/traits or anything unnatural to that Pokemon
- Item Clause: Only one copy of each hold item may be attached PER TEAM
- Species Clause: No more than one of any Pokemon species may be used PER TEAM
- Sleep/Freeze Clause: No more than one Pokemon PER TEAM may be put to sleep, and likewise no more than one may be frozen
Where PER TEAM refers to the player's team and not the War team (that would just be silly, wouldn't it?)
NB: You may battle as many times as you want, but you may only battle the same opponent THREE TIMES per week (used to be once but 3 times means more activity.)
Using these species is in direct violation of the rules (and I should know, since I made them up):
Deoxys (all forms)
(Thanks to Serebii for the Uber tier list)
This thread may be used to challenge opponents and agree upon battle rules (though I'd much prefer you used PM or IM for tidyness). When you want to report the result of a battle, though, you must PM directly to me (with [WAR WIFI BATTLING] as the subject). Both battlers must do this for the fight to be counted. There will be a form to fill out as follows:
(The name of your opponent)
(Open Level or Level 50)
(A list of your Pokemon (I only need the species), plus your War Team name)
(A list of their Pokemon, plus their War Team name)
(Please give as detailed a description as possible of any rule-breaking you believe happened in the course of the match)
This is to ensure that both accounts of the battle add up and nobody tries to pull the wool over my eyes (and everyone else's, for that matter). I urge you all to KEEP A PERSONAL RECORD in log form of EVERY battle. This way, if my PM box fills up we will be able to sort things out at a later date.
I'll add up the results as a separate league table for each level to decide the winner of that week's points.
If I have reason to believe in a player breaking any of the rules then I am fully authorised to nullify battles, deduct points, or temporarily/permanently ban players and War teams from the competition as I see fit. Obviously the punishment will fit the crime and number of repeat offenses.
Please remember, though, that I will also class intentional false accusations as cheating. Only report an infraction if you're sure and can at least back it up.
I think (well, hope) that I've covered everything, so let the pwnage begin!