Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Arcanine was a Legendary!

Ok, some people will understand this and some will not. For those who don't, please don't SPAM this thread asking what I'm talking about, you can PM me instead, got it? Good.

Now, as we all know, there were three Legendary birds. It is a lot of people's belief that Arcanine was meant to be one of them along with Ho-oh, but they decided to not make it all Fire types and put in Articuno and Zapdos, thus Ho-oh was left until the second Generation and Arcanine was removed from all status. There was quite a few hints to back this up; Arcanine was the strongest Fire Type in the game. In Oak's laboratory, in the espisode where he explains about Ho-oh to Ash, there is a picture or Ho-oh, Moltres and Arcanine.

Mere coincidence? I think not.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Blaziken 0wnige Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

this i very true and it does say in the pokedex next to arcanine legendairy but one thing if this was true he would be the first legenday to have another evolvement to him, and also ho oh did appear in the first evar episode of pokemon but when you see moltrace ho oh and arcanine in a picture would they have meant that or put it there by accident
Old 12-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Please, when you are responding to me, write properly.

No, not nessacarily, I mean, Phione evolves into Manaphy, which is a Legendary.

And Growlithe was only created after Arcanine was dumped of his Legendary status.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Unfortunately, this is all speculation. It's been mentioned that he was seen as especially rare and precious in older times, though.

It could easily be speculated that before humans discovered Fire Stones, the occasional wild Growlithe could stumble onto one and evolve. Without human assistance this would be a rare occurrence however, making Arcanine extremely uncommon, possibly elevating it to 'legendary' status at the time the tablet in Oak's lab was carved.

Speaking of which, that's not Ho-Oh on that tablet -- Ash incorrectly identified it.

Hi

Old 12-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

You actually think that? Please allow me to find the url of the website that releases a statement that Arcanine was indeed a Legendary.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Raichu View Post
You actually think that? Please allow me to find the url of the website that releases a statement that Arcanine was indeed a Legendary.
Why exactly did you fail to put this link in the first post? Would've make this argument go a lot smoother on your end. :P

I also don't see what of my post was particularly illogical, but whatevs. I'll wait for this link before adding anything.

Hi

Old 12-14-2007, 11:21 AM
shakierarox Offline

Wow, I didn't think that Arcanine was going to be a legendary pokemon, I just thought that since its classification was Legendary that it was around longer than most species of pokemon and that it was super mega rare/
Old 12-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Verystrait42 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:

And Growlithe was only created after Arcanine was dumped of his Legendary status.
phione does not in fact evolve

Reached 11 on Challenge Cup PO ladder.

Wi-fi: Zack, 2665-5033-9610
Shoddy/PO Username: Verystrait42
Old 12-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Blaziken 0wnige Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Unfortunately, this is all speculation. It's been mentioned that he was seen as especially rare and precious in older times, though.

It could easily be speculated that before humans discovered Fire Stones, the occasional wild Growlithe could stumble onto one and evolve. Without human assistance this would be a rare occurrence however, making Arcanine extremely uncommon, possibly elevating it to 'legendary' status at the time the tablet in Oak's lab was carved.

Speaking of which, that's not Ho-Oh on that tablet -- Ash incorrectly identified it.
you do have a point but you also have to remember that ho oh did appear in the first eppisode of pokemon but this does not nessisarily mean that it was meant to be arcanine moltrace and ho oh it could just mean that they had all the pokemon from red and blue to gold and silver all planned out before they evar aired the first apisode of pokemon they might have decided to wait a bit longer to introduce the gold and silver pokemon so the could make three extra versions of pokemon therefore making more money and so they could make the siries go for longer
Old 12-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

My bad - I meant Manaphy gives birth to Phione, so why couldn't Arcanine do it for Gwrolithe? Also, Growlithe was only put in as a filler after Arcanine's Legendary status was taken away.

Also, Blaziken, it's spelled 'Moltres' and I have the proof, I just need to find the url to prove you all wrong.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Elrond

Quote:

Please don't tell people to write properly and misspell a word like 'necessarily.' It's rather hypocritical. Also, Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy; it is the product of the mating between a Manaphy and a Ditto.

While I find it hard to believe that Arcanine was originally slated to be legendary, it also wouldn't surprise me that Nintendo would make changes like that. One of the producers himself said in Nintendo Power that Shellos and Gastrodon (he referred to them as 'sea-slug Pokemon) were originally going to be in Ruby and Sapphire, but were then cut because they didn't really 'fit.'

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/
Old 12-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Blaziken 0wnige Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
My bad - I meant Manaphy gives birth to Phione, so why couldn't Arcanine do it for Gwrolithe? Also, Growlithe was only put in as a filler after Arcanine's Legendary status was taken away.

Also, Blaziken, it's spelled 'Moltres' and I have the proof, I just need to find the url to prove you all wrong.
LOL ofcoarse legendairys can give birth to other legendairys what do you think happened with mew and mewtwo but you dont see mewtwo evolving into mew do you
Old 12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziken 0wnige View Post
LOL ofcoarse legendairys can give birth to other legendairys what do you think happened with mew and mewtwo but you dont see mewtwo evolving into mew do you
Mewtwo is a genetically altered clone of Mew. Cloning =/= parenthood.

Also, if you have to search this hard for a link, I somehow doubt it's an official word from Gamefreak.

Hi

Old 12-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Blaziken 0wnige Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Mewtwo is a genetically altered clone of Mew. Cloning =/= parenthood.

Also, if you have to search this hard for a link, I somehow doubt it's an official word from Gamefreak.
yes well thats what i thought untill about a cuple of months ago when i was exploring the mansion on cinabar isaland on fire red and a came across a note that read "mew gave birth we named the newborn pokemon mewtwo"
Old 12-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziken 0wnige View Post
yes well thats what i thought untill about a cuple of months ago when i was exploring the mansion on cinabar isaland on fire red and a came across a note that read "mew gave birth we named the newborn pokemon mewtwo"
That's contradictory, since the Red/Blue and Fire Red/Leaf Green Pokedex entries all say he was born in a lab, as do almost all of his Dex entries.

Hi

Closed Thread