Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:29 AM
PokemonGirlCelebi Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonGirlCelebi
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

Arcanine is Not really a Legendary Pokemon, it is just classified as "Legendary" but is not legendary itself, legendies do not evolve, Phione does not evolve into Manaphy, breeding Manaphy hatches Phione but doesn't mean Phione evolves into Manaphy. So Arcanine is not a legendary Pokemon.

MegaQueen the Chikorita!
Hatched!
Current level: 5
Evolves into Bayleef in: 33 posts
Old 12-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Dark Salamence Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dark Salamence Send a message via MSN to Dark Salamence

Okay, here's the lowdown.

When pokemon was first created, they made four legendarys, Articuno, Zapdos, Ho-oh and Arcanine. Because snow and electricity come from the sky, they made two birds. But since fire comes from the ground, they made the third a pokemon that was ground based (Arcanine.) Ho-oh didn't really matter as it was rainbow, which also comes from the sky. Anyway, they showed all these pokemon in the first episode in the tablets/ruins. After this episode, they scrapped the idea and decided to make them all birds to go with the flow. So they created Moltres (Who looks less like a legendary bird.) They made Arcanine seem like a common pokemon by creating Growlithe. (This has happened to many pokemon. Sometimes a pokemon's evolution is created before the basic stage.) I don't know why they got rid of Ho-oh though. Arcanine is still considered as a legendary pokemon in the pokedex to this day.

This happens alot, mysterys in the world of pokemon, Missingno, Glitch City, The Pickup Truck. I have theories for these, tell me if you want to hear.

~DS

TwitterTumblrDeviantart
Old 12-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Blaziken 0wnige Offline
Experienced Trainer

Yeah that might be true but the show aired iun japan way before it aired here dont you think if they would have gotten rid of it before it got here?
Old 12-16-2007, 03:44 AM
Pokemon Hunter Offline
New Trainer

Well most of what was put in the first post was true. I'm not sure if Arcanine was really supposed to be a legendary though. It's classified as legendary, but I think that may just be because it's rare.

Though it is interesting to think of it. And it would be the first legendary to EVER have an evolution process. Oh, and Phione does not evolve into Manaphy. Phione is created by breeding a Manaphy with a Ditto in the day care, but does not evolve.

- If you need to be rescued in Blue or Red Rescue Team PM me, I'll try to do most of them unless I don't have the areas. -
Old 12-16-2007, 04:16 AM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
This happens alot, mysterys in the world of pokemon, Missingno, Glitch City, The Pickup Truck. I have theories for these, tell me if you want to hear.
And after years of figuring it out, I have the true answers, someone make me a thread and I'll explain all.

Quote:
When pokemon was first created, they made four legendarys, Articuno, Zapdos, Ho-oh and Arcanine. Because snow and electricity come from the sky, they made two birds. But since fire comes from the ground, they made the third a pokemon that was ground based (Arcanine.) Ho-oh didn't really matter as it was rainbow, which also comes from the sky. Anyway, they showed all these pokemon in the first episode in the tablets/ruins. After this episode, they scrapped the idea and decided to make them all birds to go with the flow. So they created Moltres (Who looks less like a legendary bird.) They made Arcanine seem like a common pokemon by creating Growlithe. (This has happened to many pokemon. Sometimes a pokemon's evolution is created before the basic stage.) I don't know why they got rid of Ho-oh though. Arcanine is still considered as a legendary pokemon in the pokedex to this day.
You missed out a few parts there, but in a brief, yeah, no one is really going to care view, that's more or less it.

Quote:
Well most of what was put in the first post was true. I'm not sure if Arcanine was really supposed to be a legendary though. It's classified as legendary, but I think that may just be because it's rare.

Though it is interesting to think of it. And it would be the first legendary to EVER have an evolution process. Oh, and Phione does not evolve into Manaphy. Phione is created by breeding a Manaphy with a Ditto in the day care, but does not evolve.
I suppose reading the whole thread would be too much.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:20 AM
skate4242 Offline
Banned

omg that is so wierd but pretty cool.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

It's people like you that make me click the mouse from my userCP to see a pointless post like that, and you don't even say 'Oh My God' properly! At least discuss something, preferably to do with Growlithe, I'm in the Growlithe mood tonight.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:01 AM
SuperBoy Offline

Send a message via AIM to SuperBoy

I knew this thread would soon turn into a debate. It's obvious why. Let's get down to business.

First of all, what your saying makes sense. Arcanine could've been a legendary. But we don't know if he was or not. This is all really based upon opinion. Nintendo never really said themselves that Arcanine was meant to be a legendary. There's just a big enough theory behind that and it makes sense. I don't blame you. When it showed Arcanine on the stone tablet, that backs up your theory.

Growlithe is debatable, but I myself, thinks that he was given to help show that Arcanine was a normal after he was downgraded from his legendary state, not saying he is legendary. Seeing as Arcanine has the highest base stats almost nearing Legendary pokemon status, that helps keep the theory up. Or some my say Arcanine is just strong.

All in all, this is opinionated. It's what you believe and was obviously made to test what others believe. So may I please ask that people just state their opinions and not debate on this subject? Thank you.^^
Old 12-16-2007, 05:05 AM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

At least this kid has proper grammar. Ok, what he said was fair enough, but, like I said a few pages ago, I have an official thing that claims Arcanine was a legendary, when he was downgraded they created Growlithe... I still can't find that Bloody link though.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:07 AM
SuperBoy Offline

Send a message via AIM to SuperBoy

Thanks for the compliment.^^

Once you find the link, private message it to me. I'm interested in seeing it, due to the fact that I love Arcanine.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:08 AM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I'm trying to figure out where it was, probably trsrockin... Still, I will find it, and prove you all wrong!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Raichu View Post
I'm trying to figure out where it was, probably trsrockin... Still, I will find it, and prove you all wrong!
You really have an unhealthy fixation on being right all the time.

Hi

Old 12-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

It was sixAM when I posted that and I hadn't slept... I like you, you're the only decent arguer around here. Still, I will find that link.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Raichu View Post
It was sixAM when I posted that and I hadn't slept... I like you, you're the only decent arguer around here. Still, I will find that link.
Oh don't get me wrong, that wasn't a hostile remark. Just more of an observation. XD

If you get the link and it's legit I'll kindly stfu. :D

Hi

Old 12-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I will get the link, and I'm pretty sure it's legit... But as to where it is - is another question...