Hatsy, the forgotten hero
- “Are you ready honey? Jordan is waiting.”
- “I will be down in a minute mom,” said Hatsy to her mother.
Hatsy Swann was fifteen years old. She wasn’t very tall, approximately 1,60 meters. She had brown to green eyes and brown staight hair. Her ears were competely covered by her hair. Her face on the other hand could be crearly seen. Her mouth and nose were neither big, nor small: medium size. Her everyday outfit consisted of a light blue shirt, a pink long skirt and her favourite, white and blue shoes. When she was born, from the first minute, she showed a great interest in hats, even if she never wore one. As a result, her parents decided to name her Hatsy. Generally, she was kindhearted and fair. Her best attribute was persistance. She never lost hope, she never gave up. When she wanted something, she could achieve it. Nevertheless, sometimes she couldn’t control her emotions, becoming very annoying and impolite, while she was never organised and always late.
She lived with her mother in the northern outskirts of Eterna city. On the west was located a plain, followed by the majestic Mountain Coronet, while on the left was the Eterna forest. Her house had two floors. On the ground floor was the kitchen and the living room. On the upper storey was located her room, as well as her parents’ room, and the bathroom.
Taking a quick look in her messy, rather small room, Hatsy finally found her light blue shirt and ran down the stairs. She entered the living room to meet her mother and Jordan.
Jordan was her best friend, living right next door. With black short hair and deep blue eyes, he was a little taller than Hatsy. Like most days, he was wearing a black shirt, a pair of blue jeans and a pair of black shoes. He loved being sarcastic. He was mature and thought before saying anything. He always used his logic, although was a little superstitious. He was also in love with Hatsy, but too shy to express his feelings to her. Whenever he did so, he used irony.
Hatsy’s mother, Kate, looked just like Hatsy. She has been told many times that her daughter was actually her clown, with a difference in the clothes, the age (45 years old) and her job (doctor). She was kind and patient, always there to help the others. She loved Hatsy very much. She protected her and treated her very gently. And Hatsy responded. They were a happy family.
As far as her dad was concerned, he was never home. He had to travel, because he was a merchant. Hatsy had rarely seen him, but she still loved him. However she often wondered what he was doing in those trips and sometimes she was angry for him not being with his family, like a responsible father
- “It was about time,” complained Jordan.
- “I am sorry, but you have seen how untidy my room is,” excused Hatsy.
- “Oh well… It’s okay. Now, let’s get a move on. I have to get back home early and it is already 6:30pm.”
- “Okay. Bye mom! I will be back in about an hour.”
- “Okay dear,” said Hatsy’s mother. “Just don’t be late, as usual.”
And by that, Jordan and Hatsy left the house.
- “So Hatsy,” said Jordan, “where will we go to catch our first pokemon?”
- “I don’t know. How about the plain one kilometer away?”
- “Why not… If only you hadn’t been late, again, when the prof was giving starters to new trainers, we would each have one by now.”
- “I said I was sorry. Besides, we can find many other and better pokemon in the plains. You will see.”
Jordan and Hatsy arrived at the plains. The area was green, full of colourful flowers. It was surrounded by mountains, with the highest Mountain Coronet, white and full of snow on its peak, as always. The whole view was breathtaking. As the sun light fell on the mountains, they were glowing, sheding beautiful light everywhere. Both kids were watching amazed for quite a lot of time.
- It is so beautiful, noticed Hatsy.
- “Wow! There are so many pokemon here. Be careful not to step on any while starring at the mountains,” said Jordan sarcasticly.
- “Ha ha! And what do you suggest mister smart guy?! If you don’t want to enjoy the view, zip it and search!”
- “Okay, okay. Don’t get angry!”
So, they started looking for pokemon. Five minutes, ten minutes, half an hour.
Nothing. Suddenly, Jordan heard a sound nearby.
- “Hatsy, look over there,” he whispered at Hatsy. “There is something in that bush.”
Carefully, they approached. All of a sudden, a Porygon jumps out.
- “Omg! A Porygon,” cried Hatsy. “That’s rare! One of us has to catch it!”
- “Go ahead. I don’t like Porygon.”
Hatsy threw a pokeball. The pokeball hit the Porygon and, turning its body into red energy, it sucked it in.
- “Hooray! I caught a Porygon,” she shouted with excitement.
- “But Hatsy,” tried to say Jordan.
He didn’t manage to finish, for the Porygon broke free. It laughed and run away playfully.
- “What?! How did this happen,” yelled Hatsy angrily.
- “Well, you have to make it tired first. Now, how would you do that without a pokemon is another problem.”
- “Stop reminding it. I told you before, on the way here, too. I am sorry,” said Hatsy furiously.
- “Haha! You are so cute when you are angry.”
- “What did you say,” asked Hatsy, having not heard clearly.
- “…. Nothing,” answered Jordan embarrassed and looked somewhere else.
- “Look at the time,” noticed Hatsy. “It is getting late. I have to get home.”
- “Me too!”
They both dashed back home. Ten minutes later, they were in front of
- “We will try again tomorrow, okay,” asked Jordan.
- “Sure! See you!”
Hatsy entered her house.
- “Hey mom! I am back.”
- “How did you manage honey?”
- “It was a disaster…”
- “Too bad… Your father called.”
- “How is he? I miss him. When will he return from his business trip?”
- “He is fine. He misses us too. He wasn’t very precise about his return. He
doesn’t know yet, but definitely after three months.”
- “Three months!?! That’s too much. I want to see him.”
- “I know… Dinner is ready. Do you want to eat?”
- “Yeah, I am starving.”
- “Wash your hands first.”
Hatsy obeyed. She had dinner, brushed her teeth and went to bed.
- “What was following us on the way here? I am sure I heard something.
What did Jordan tell me in the plains and turned red? And what is dad doing for so long in this trip. He has never told us.”
With these thoughts, Hatsy fell asleep.
The following day, Thursday, Hatsy woke up on the wrong side of the bed. She had to go to school, but she was still very tired and she had a headache. She went downstairs to have breakfast.
- “Good morning Hatsy,” her mom told her cheerfully.
- “ ‘morning,” she replied quietely.
- “Are you okay honey? You don’t look very well.”
- “I have a terrible headache. I didn’t sleep well tonight.”
- “Do you have a high temperature,” asked her mom and touched Hatsy’s forehead. “Oh my, you are burning. Put a thermometer.”
Hatsy did so.
- “39,8 Celsius points! That’s it Hatsy. You are not going to school today. Go upstairs and sleep again.”
- “Thank you,” said Hatsy looking upwards.
- “Remember. I will go to work. If you need something, anything, phone me there and I will be here as soon as possible. Okay?”
- “Okay mom. Now may I go to sleep?”
- “Sure honey. I will be back at 2 o’clock.”
- “Bye,” said Hatsy waving at her mother.
She went upstairs again to her bed and fell asleep. But she hadn’t told the whole truth to her mother. Actually, she had a terrible nightmare. She was taking a stroll, when two red eyes appeared and glared at her. In the beginning, she ignored them, although they approached. Then, she paniced and started running. The pair of the eyes kept on chasing her. She ran, and ran, and ran. No matter how much she ran, the eyes were right behind her. Suddenly, everything turned dark and a burning house in a forest appeared. However, all the colours were much darker and different. Hatsy got trapped and started screaming. The next thing she could remember, she was awake. At first, she thought it was just a bad dream, but it felt so real and the first thing that came to her mind after waking up was the Eterna woods. There was something fishy going on, although she couldn’t figure out what.
A couple of hours later, she woke up. She felt much better. She put the thermometer. Her temperature had fallen to 37 Celsius points. Then, the telephone rang. Hatsy didn’t want to answer it. The phone rang once. It rang twice. The third time, Hatsy answered it.
- “Hatsy speaking. May I help you?”
- “I am waiting for you,” said a creepy voice.
- “Who is this,” asked Hatsy in terror.
- “Wait and see, little girl. Wait and see,” said the voice and put the phone down.
Hatsy slowly stepped away from the telephone.
- “This can’t be a coincidence. Something strange is going on here. I have to find out what,” she thought and put down the telephone.
In the afternoon, Hatsy was sitting on the couch watching television. Her mom had got back from work, but she didn’t tell her anything about the phone call. At 4 o’ clock, Jordan came by.
- “Hello missus Kate. Where is Hatsy,” he asked.
- “Hello Jordan. She is in the living room. She is watching TV,” answered Hatsy’s mother.
Jordan went to the living room.
- “Hey,” he said. “Are you okay Hatsy?”
- “Hi. I am fine. Just a little fever, that’s all.”
- “Did you receive a strange phone call today?” (7873)
- “Yes. How did you know it?”
- “Well, during the break, Chris, the boy who is sitting in front of you in the classroom, decided to pull a prank on you. So he phoned you and then said “she fell for it” and started laughing.”
- “It was only a prank? That’s a relief.”
- “Why? What did he tell you?”
- “Nothing. Nothing serious.”
- “So, I brought you everything we did today in class. If you need anything, phone me home. I have to leave because we have a lot of homework to do for tomorrow, plus we are writing a test in geometry.”
- “What? I had completely forgot about that. I have to start immediately. I guess I will be seeing you tomorrow.”
Jordan left. Hatsy run upstairs to start doing her homework.
- “So the phonecall was only a prank,” thought Hatsy. “I guess that horrible nightmare was just a random bad dream too. On second thought, there may be some decent pokemon in Eterna forest. That’s why I thought of it.”
By the evening, Hatsy had got over her illness. Like every other day, she had dinner, she brushed her teeth, and went to bed.