Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 04-10-2005, 05:56 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Exclamation [WAR] The Brotherhood of Steel

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel
Season 4 War Team

Currently, the team is at max capacity.

World peace may never be possible. Humans have always had their differences, and in the past, they have formed alliances against each other. However, there is no wrong in trying to achieve the closest thing possible to total world peace. The Brotherhood of Steel is meant to stand as a mountain of clarity in a sea of despair and conflict, a shining light anyone can look to as a formation of unity. It is not The Brotherhood of Steel’s intention to upraise conflict, but instead unite the world under one banner, and make allies even out of the worst of past enemies through honest and firm reform, rather than totally destroying them like many others would do to remove their enemies. However, The Brotherhood is prepared to deal with every threat, since we know that not every organization in power has the same ideals as we do. There are others who are against us, and we must be prepared to deal with them accordingly.

The Brotherhood of Steel is an independent military group, and because of this, we don’t fight for one leader’s ideals, we fight for our own. We fight for the ideals of everyone in The Brotherhood, an ideal of unity among people, regardless of who they are or what they’ve done in the past. And with this unity, people can be expected to be safe and aware under a system of meaningful and reasonable laws, rather than mindlessly carrying out the goals of tyrants and blinded bureaucrats. If there is a hope for peace, then we will gladly take that hope upon our shoulders and take it as far as we can. However, we are aware of the bounds of our influence. For the neutral parties that do not wish to be a benefactor or a threat to our cause, we must leave them to follow their own path. Perhaps there will be another time when they will see the benefits of supporting our cause.

The Brotherhood of Steel realizes that the members of opposing hostile organizations blindly look up toward their leaders, and act upon their leader’s goals rather than their own personal goals, regardless of how destructive they actually are. These same organizations will keep fighting until they reach a state of desperation, and can no longer hold their own. Once their leaders are gone, they become like civilians, no longer under aggression to keep fighting for a cause that they know can no longer be reached. Rather than fully terminating the last of their enemies, the Brotherhood of Steel recruits these lost and surrendering warriors, and through discipline and training, they learn to fight for a much larger and more important cause under our wing. Needless to say, we believe that what was once evil and tarnished does not have to stay evil forever. Rather than looking back upon the atrocities of the past, we look toward the brightness of tomorrow’s future. There will be an answer, and we are that answer.

The Brotherhood of Steel calls upon the aid of mostly Steel, Fire, and Electric type Pokémon, but there are always slight exceptions considering our vast and diverse network. To gain as much control of the area as possible, we have outposts located all around the world in various and well protected places. Also, our soldiers fight alongside their companions using our best technology and our strongest weapons. While we must fight to achieve our goal, we enter the battlefield prepared with every available resource needed to make our victory more than just possible.

Joining The Brotherhood Of Steel

To join the Brotherhood of Steel, you need to post in this thread, and provide the war sections that will be your main focus during the war. Once you have been accepted, you will then receive your own Brotherhood of Steel banner with your own name on it, to certify you have joined the cause. Also on the banner will be your current rank.

In truth, the Brotherhood of Steel needs every member to be a team player and to contribute as much as they can to help their fellow team members in order to achieve maximum success for the team.

The Sign up form will look like this:

Name:
War Section Concentrations (more than one highly recommended):
(Optional) Links to content related to your War Section concentrations:

Ranks

Based on the performance and demonstration of your skills within the Brotherhood, it will be possible for you to advance in rank during the war. Here is a list of the ranks within the Brotherhood of Steel, and the requirements to achieve each rank. These ranks will be used as a basis to influence events within the War RP. Members of a higher rank will have command over those who are of a lower rank, but for mission purposes only.

Initiate – Default rank upon arriving within the Brotherhood of Steel

Squire – Requirement of 2 individual War Points

Knight – Requirement of 4 individual War Points

Paladin – Requirement of 6 Individual War Points

Crusader – Requirement of 8 Individual War Points

Cavalier – Requirement of 10 Individual War Points

General – Requirement of 15 Individual War Points

Commander – There are two sub ranks of Commander, “Head Commander” and “Subordinate Commander.” These two ranks can only be achieved upon retirement of the previous leaders of the Brotherhood of Steel after the founding of the team. Still, let it be known that each member’s individual rank status will play a vital role in determining who shall be granted the position upon the retirement of its previous leaders.

Final Outlook

The Brotherhood of Steel has one vision, and that is to see people working together to build a better and more powerful society, even those who were once against any order whatsoever. The bounds of neutrality are understood and are respected in the meantime as well. The Brotherhood is willing to offer protection to nearby cities and establishments in exchange for resources that will help them win the battles ahead, however, it respects the decisions of those who do not wish to take part within the Brotherhood’s network.

However, there is the threat of evil in every direction, and it has become the Brotherhood’s core objective to eliminate the evil, and accepting their honest surrender as a plea for reform and admittance to a new way of life. Proving this at first may be difficult, but in time, the Brotherhood of Steel believes it won’t be long before people set aside their differences, and see the bounty of cooperation and the dawn of a new society, one that will have its roots based on the growing realm of technology, diversity, and the foundations of freedom, liberty, and unity.

If you feel you’re ready to make a positive difference and take the step that will one day be the path of salvation for humanity, then take that step now, and join the Brotherhood of Steel.

The Brotherhood of Steel Members (20)

Neo Pikachu – Head Commander
Zenaku - Subordinate Commander
Lan - Initiate
Syas - Initiate
Loyal Arcanine - Initiate
Finglonger - Initiate
Fayt - Initiate
Thanatos - Initiate
Hoenn Mirror Girl - Initiate
JohtoTrainer - Initiate
mlugia - Initiate
Deoxys_Trainer - Initiate
manectrics_shockwave - Initiate
vellyvell - Initiate
AbXtreme - Initiate
JDV2.0 - Initiate
Ironshell Blastoise - Initiate
Silver Skarmory - Initiate
IT - Initiate
Satou - Initiate

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 05-30-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:01 PM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark
Default Re: [WAR] The Brotherhood of Steel

Name:LT05
War Section Concentration(s):Fanfict, Scavenger Hunt, Debate, Pokemon Trivia and Netbattle.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

OK, I've gone through the resumes and the three team threads that are up yet, and I think I'll feel best at The Brotherhood of Steel.

Name: Mike
War Section Concentration(s): Debate, URPG, Netbattle, Moveset/Pokemon Trivia

I think I'd prefer Moveset or Stragetic Trivia, but that may be combined with Pokemon Trivia in general, so I'll settle for that.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 04-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Okay, just so you two guys are aware of ahead of time, every War team is limited in how many members they can accept, the limit being 10 at this moment. Just so this is clear, this was installed to make sure every team is at even ground before moving on and bumping up the member limit. In this case, every team seriously wants to win, and doesn’t want inactive members who say they have what it takes when they actually don’t. Simply enough, they can’t afford them when there’s going to be other teams armed to the teeth with other powerful members.

Since I’m limited when it comes to member positions and I’m not quite sure of your abilities from my knowledge offhand, I have a request. Yeah, I know the posting of links to past work related to the sections is labeled as optional, but it kept it that way since there are many members that I am already aware of what they can do as far as talents and abilities. As for the two of you, I’m not totally sure yet, so I’m going to need some links to work related to the sections you have selected. LugiaTamer, if you could show me a fan fiction and some debate entries, I’ll give them a look over and see how good they are. As for you, Loyal Arcanine, again, some debate posts and showing me your URPG stats would be a big help.

If the two of you could show me your best work and I’m confident it will help us win the war, then you’ll be accepted. I hope you understand my reason for doing this. Every team wants to win, and they need members who are going to be team players and are going to work hard to do as well as they can for the benefit of everyone on the team. I’m willing to give it everything I can, and I hope the two of you feel the same way.

Old 04-10-2005, 04:51 PM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight

Name: Lan
W.S.C.: URPG, RPing, Trivia, Fanfic, Graphics

URPG Stats:

6 battles
2 wins
4 losses

Don't worry, I'm working on capturing more Pokémon, like Taillow.
Right now I only have Scyther and Magikarp... XD

Fanfic:

Well.... I had one, and everyone liked it... and I love to write.

RPing:

Just check your RP!

Trivia:

I know almost everything there is to know about Pokémon!!!

Graphics:

Link in my signature!

Last edited by .AzureLight; 04-10-2005 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Syas Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Syas Send a message via Yahoo to Syas

I am petitioning to join NP.

Name: Syas
War Concentration: URPG, Fanfic, Debate, Netbattle, Trivia, Moveset. I am willing to be devoted to Graphics, but I am only so-so at it.
Reason for joining: This is the team I wanted to join since reading the descriptions in the nomination thread. I am interested in being on a well-planned and well-organized neutral team.

I have Catch Stories posted in the URPG here, here, and here, that should give you a feel for my Fanfic ability. Since everything else would be competitive, I would be happy to prove myself against you.

BW Friend Code: 1420 7304 0029
Old 04-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

My Trainer Stats

These are my URPG stats. I guess the record is not overwhelming, but it is hard in the beginning, when you have only one pokemon; it's also tough to train a new one.
I am currently writing for a Swablu here, and by the time the WAR starts, I will surely have some more pokemon.

Unfortunately, my experiences from debating are all from school, so I can't show you anything there.

I am willing to battle you on NetBattle, if you wish to see my skills there.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 04-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Finglonger Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Finglonger

Name:finglonger
War Section Concentration(s): Netbattle, strategic/moveset trivia, urpg, Debate, writing

optional links/qualifications:

-Alright well captain of the NB team for pe2k during the first interboard tourney here

-2nd place for NB at the first and second TAFOP tournaments(links no longer exists sorry),

-2 firsts one at a tournamnet held by the members of ignazios arena one randon one I found on tvsians forums(links also no longer exist, tvsians due to haxoring, ignazios due to the fact that it no longer exists)

-a dozen or so other tournaments under my belt(mainly for gsc, but a few rs and rby are chunked into there as well)

-also Nb gives me a good knowledge of movesets and strategies, yeah

-decent urpg player(havent done it in a while, but I could get back on it),stats

-former captain of my schools debate team

-as for writing im not much for fanfics, but I'd like to think im decent at writing poetry when the mood catches mehere

Last edited by Finglonger; 04-10-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

After looking over each current Team I've come to find this as the one which represents ideals I myself hold the most. So, I decided that this would be the Team with which I'd feel most comfortable in.

Name: Daz
War Section Concentrations: Role-Play, FanArt, Debate
Will attempt: FanFiction, various random sections (Scavenger-Hunt, Humor, etc)

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 04-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Rukario Offline
Elite Trainer

Name: Rukario
War Section Concentrations: Pokemon Trivia (I'm an expert)
Old 04-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Lan:

I like the way you RPing skills are, I’ve seen them in action myself. Just member, the longer your posts are in the War RP and the more descriptive they are, the better you’ll do. As for fan fiction, don’t be afraid to post some of it at Pokémon Community for some reviews. Take what they say and build upon it. As for Graphics, I definitely think the Ariados sig is sweet. Keep that up and you’ll go far in graphics, just know that the competition will be hot in that section.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, Lan.

Syas:

Like with any URPG event, the more Pokémon you have and the more TMs you arm them with, the better you’ll do. As for graphics, if you’re unsure about it, don’t spend too much time with it, the main important thing to do here is to build on your strengths rather than trying to fix weaknesses. Keep building your fan fictions and you’ll do well in the War.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, Syas.

Loyal Arcanine:

Okay, thanks for showing me your stats. Continue building them for the URPG, but just know that some of the URPG vets have very lethal teams. A better place to put some more of your concentration for the war would be debating and Netbattle. Perhaps give some of the debate threads in the Other Discussion board to see how debating works best around here, and get an idea. We have some tough debaters here, so be prepared to learn how they debate and try to go even further than how they usually do it.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, Loyal Arcanine.

Finglonger:

Heh, I already knew you were awesome at Netbattle, hence the reason why I sent that PM to you in the first place. Great to have you on the team.

As for poetry and the like, maybe give Creative Writing a shot. Plenty of people submit entries, but if you put some hefty effort into them and make them sound vivid, you’ll do well. There is a chance my brother (goes by the name of Fayt) will also be joining BOS, and his focus will be on CW as well.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, Finglonger.

Zenaku:

I honestly had a strong feeling you would be joining Matthew’s team due to the evil alignment standing, but nonetheless, this is quite a pleasant surprise. I already know you’re RP skills are incredibly kickass, as well as your artistic abilities. As for Debate, I’m sure you’ll do fine in there as well.

Give fan fiction a shot, it’s a pretty competitive area but I definitely think you have what it takes. Creative Writing and Humor are good places to focus on as well, since its easier to submit a more compact entry.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel Zenaku.

Rukario:

Trivia is good but we need to spread the team’s focus on sections as much as possible and still have diversified strength in each section. If you notice, many of the members are focusing on more than one section, which is something we need from every member. If you’re up for it, maybe provide links to some other sections that you feel you have strengths in. Creative Writing and humor is a good place to start. If you can show me what you’ve got when it comes to some other skills you have besides trivia and it looks great, I’ll consider you a candidate.

Just show me your skills and we’ll see how you do.

Concerning Banners

You’re definitely welcome to use the banner I’ve provided, and you’re definitely more than welcome to make your own Brotherhood of Steel banners if you so wish, just as long as they have your name, your rank in the Brotherhood, and the words “Brotherhood of Steel” or some close variation of that.

Yes, you'll probably notice I changed the background on the team banners, since the previous background was way too dark. Other than that, they've pretty much stayed the same.

Concerning the Subordinate Commander Position

Yes, I will be selecting a Subordinate Commander soon, as soon as 10 members arrive. Considering how many members we’ve gotten already, I can definitely say it won’t be very long at all.

The basis for this selection will be with regard to their leadership abilities as well as their individual skills and talents. Trust me, I will put a lot of thought and consideration into this decision before I make the final call.

That’s all. Special thanks for everyone who decided to join. I’m very confident each of us have what it takes to win the war and go much further than the rest of the teams.

Old 04-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Rukario Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukario
Name: Rukario
War Section Concentrations: Pokemon Trivia (I'm an expert)
Well, Neo Pikachu. What about Role Play.
So, will be. Role Play and Trivia Games.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Fayt Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Fayt

I'd like to join so count me in. Sorry I've been gone for so long but I have been really busy. I can do RP, creative writing and fanfiction.

I really enjoy writing so can help anyway possible there.

Last edited by Fayt; 04-10-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Great, thanks for letting me join Neo. I'll do my best at Debates and Netbattle, and might pop in somewhere else depending on how things go. Meanwhile, I'll keep training in the URPG, so one day I can be lethal too. =P

Old 04-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Well, I finally made my decision. Neo, I'd like to join you.

Name: Thanatos
War Concentration: Art, Roleplay, URPG (also all the smaller stuff, like trivia and scavenger hunts)
Links to prove my worth: Winner of the March Smeargle Art Challenge, My Signature/Art Thread

I haven't done many RPs before, but I am hoping to learn, and I may as well learn from some of the best.

If you'll have me *bows out*

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP

Last edited by Thanatos; 04-10-2005 at 09:18 PM.