Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:39 PM
woopjohuunq Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to woopjohuunq
Default Re: Pokemon: Pieces of the puzzle (Apps may now be posted! =)

A question: I chose to only sport one pokemon during the start of my travels and forfeit all of my points for choosing others.

It is alright that I only have one official Starter and gather my other pokemon during my travels? Or, do I have to gather all of my pokemon now and use the remaining points?

I'd rather the former, due to my liking to create lasting connections with pokemon through RP than prefabricate them all right now. Creates a fuller and life-like experience for me, if you know what I mean... >.>
Old 01-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by woopjohuunq View Post
A question: I chose to only sport one pokemon during the start of my travels and forfeit all of my points for choosing others.

It is alright that I only have one official Starter and gather my other pokemon during my travels? Or, do I have to gather all of my pokemon now and use the remaining points?

I'd rather the former, due to my liking to create lasting connections with pokemon through RP than prefabricate them all right now. Creates a fuller and life-like experience for me, if you know what I mean... >.>
Yeah, same here because I was planning on catching another Pokemon, but I wanted to RP it out. I was planning on catching an Absol or some Ghost type Pokemon. I'd think we were going to be able to catch Pokemon and evolve them, but, how is that going to work out if we do it?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:15 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Leftover points don't get forfeited- they get added to your points for traits. ^^;

I don't mind people wanting to aquire Pokemon as they go. However, trainers with basically no experience are unlikely to be the ones chosen to explore a new area, since they'd be weak, so I'd lke people to have at least one Pokemon besides their starter with them.

Capturing Pokemon will happen in the RP. ^_^ There'll be lots of wilds around to try to catch. Evolution, too, will happen as we go.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:18 AM
woopjohuunq Offline
Amateur Trainer

Also, I was wondering about another thing: Are the encounters with other pokemon going to be random encounters? I mean, I'd hate for all of my encounters to be up to me. That'd just be pointless and not too fun to RP out, since I know what the outcome will be.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:22 AM
woopjohuunq Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
Leftover points don't get forfeited- they get added to your points for traits. ^^;

I don't mind people wanting to aquire Pokemon as they go. However, trainers with basically no experience are unlikely to be the ones chosen to explore a new area, since they'd be weak, so I'd lke people to have at least one Pokemon besides their starter with them.

Capturing Pokemon will happen in the RP. ^_^ There'll be lots of wilds around to try to catch. Evolution, too, will happen as we go.
Actually, this answers my previously asked question. Thanks.

Another concern (I'm full of questions, please mind me... :P ): I haven't any clue what the specifics of my region are... I am hoping that you have some pre-made list of pokemon regularly frequenting it and such, 'cause all I wrote for the Kabazan region is the description... Well, I did go as far as to give Starters and explain a few things, but that's about it.

I sort of need to know the Bonuses of my homeland to change my SU accordingly. If you want me to create those too, I will be willing to. And, don't worry; I'm fair. :P

I do have a rough outline of what the bonuses/restrictions will be for my homeland, though you probably have your own, so I'll let oyu decide that factor.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:23 AM
woopjohuunq Offline
Amateur Trainer

Addendum: I spent no points for pokemon, instead sticking to my free starter. So, the remaining five points simply go to the Traits that my Starter can have?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:39 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by woopjohuunq View Post
Also, I was wondering about another thing: Are the encounters with other pokemon going to be random encounters? I mean, I'd hate for all of my encounters to be up to me. That'd just be pointless and not too fun to RP out, since I know what the outcome will be.
They'll be random. You may choose which you try to catch, or how you interact with 'em, but yes, they'll be made by me. ^_^

You are indeed allowed to make the bonuses. AS to the Pokemon found there, I'll leave that to you- you can choose if you want to make the list, or if I should make one.

Quote:
Addendum: I spent no points for pokemon, instead sticking to my free starter. So, the remaining five points simply go to the Traits that my Starter can have?
They would, but as I said... I'd like everything to at least have a total of 2 Pokemon including their official starter, since relying on only one is not a good idea. ^^: You may choose to save any left over points for traits.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:50 AM
woopjohuunq Offline
Amateur Trainer

I thank you for giving me the honor of creating the list of available pokemon in Kabaza region and the bonuses for the land.

As for the 2 pokemon min. limit, I'll alter my SU to fit the criteria.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:43 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Random encounters? this is going to be more fun than I expected!

Now, I'm not quite sure, but with my SU, I do believe that I need to change something, or might have to, but I'm not sure what it may be. I might be paranoid or something, but when you have time FFK, could you look it over?
Old 01-08-2008, 02:43 AM
woopjohuunq Offline
Amateur Trainer

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...48#post1947948

Kabaza information, Bonuses, and pokemon listings.

Read it over and tell me your view on it. If there is anything that needs changing, I'll change it.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:10 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Dark Salamence: Your bio looks pretty good. I found it kinda amusing that Elana wears a cape. ^_^ I found it a little hard to believe that Pokemon flocked to her whenever she showed up, and wild ones let her train them, though. If you could just change that a bit, you'll be all set.

Sloven- Approved.

Kabaza islands- This looks good. Are you sure you don't want to add a few Pokemon, though? ^^: I noticed you listed some evolved Pokemon along with their pre-evos... Most other places count the entire evolution chain as '1 pokemon', leaving you with a few less choices if you do this. ^^: Otherwise, however, this is fine.
As to the bonus, yes, that is fine.

Saraibre- Looks good to me. ^_^ I think you're all set.

Bryce- Interesting character. =) You're approved.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
Dark Salamence: Your bio looks pretty good. I found it kinda amusing that Elana wears a cape. ^_^ I found it a little hard to believe that Pokemon flocked to her whenever she showed up, and wild ones let her train them, though. If you could just change that a bit, you'll be all set.

Sloven- Approved.

Kabaza islands- This looks good. Are you sure you don't want to add a few Pokemon, though? ^^: I noticed you listed some evolved Pokemon along with their pre-evos... Most other places count the entire evolution chain as '1 pokemon', leaving you with a few less choices if you do this. ^^: Otherwise, however, this is fine.
As to the bonus, yes, that is fine.

Saraibre- Looks good to me. ^_^ I think you're all set.

Bryce- Interesting character. =) You're approved.
You didn't approve/reject mine.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:24 AM
woopjohuunq Offline
Amateur Trainer

If you wish, since it IS your roleplay, you can add whatever pokemon you want to the list. I just made that as a start for the list. -nods-
Old 01-08-2008, 03:34 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splishee View Post
You didn't approve/reject mine.
Whoops! Sorry, I didn't realize it was done.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:57 PM
EonMythos Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to EonMythos

Hehehe...I went crazy with the background. ^^;; I hope I got everything right, but if there's something off please tell me, and I'll fix it. x3 I'm very excited for this roleplay. This'll be my first time playing a male character. ^_^

Name: Noel Aldric
Homeland: Quilsoni Region: You may have 1 more Pokemon be from somewhere other than your homeland if you so desire. You also begin with 2 full heal and a potion extra.

Appearance: Noel is a rather tall male, standing at five foot eleven (and still growing) and towering over most people he knows. He has a slightly boyish face, which is framed by his dark, messy black hair, and rather soft blue eyes, which are slightly almond shaped. His hair is slightly curly, and falls to just below his shoulder blades, being pulled back into a ponytail most the time to keep it from getting in the way. He isn’t a very large person in terms of bulk, and actually has a very thin, lithe frame for his height. He has a small, barely noticeable scar over his left temple, but it is usually covered by his hair.

Generally, his clothing tastes are anything easy to move in, including a lot of tee shirts and jeans. For the most part, he will wear just about anything as long as it’s comfortable to him, but for the trip he has packed two extra shirts (one short sleeved, one long), and two pairs of spare jeans.

Personality: Noel, above all, is a kind hearted young man, which has been a dominating factor of his personality since his birth. He has always had a liking for helping others, be it helping his mother around the house, or helping other children nearby, as long has he had something to protect he was happy. This protective nature branched out, and led him to feel responsible for almost anyone he became friends with, even at a young age, and then extended towards his two younger siblings as well, when they were born. He would always walk them to school, even if it meant him being late himself, and he had no qualms about confronting someone for them if they were being bullied.

But, despite this protective nature, he is a rather silent person now, and very few people know why he changed. As a child, he was a loud mouthed, opinionated person, yet shortly after his eighth birthday he began talking less and less to others, and soon stopped stating his mind all together unless it was demanded of him. He is still the protector, the older brother who helps people out of problems, but he won’t tell anyone his own problems, or ask for help himself. It is almost like he is silently bearing a burden of his own, which he feels no one else should have to, and no one has been able to convince him to.

His two younger sisters have taken to calling him a silent teddy bear, in regards to his personality. Because of things in his past, he is very skittish around people touching him, and generally is afraid of loud noises.

Background: Noel’s life, for the most part, was rather unexciting, or at least it would seem that way to anyone from the outside. But the Aldric family certainly did have their fair share of secrets, most of all being Noel. Noel was born the only son of his mother Aimee, and in time would be the only child Aimee had. Aimee died when Noel was just four, having caught a horrible bout of the flu and been unable to fend it off, and soon after (too soon in Noel’s mind), his father Nicolas remarried another woman, Lydia. There wasn’t much that happened for the three years after that, Noel grew used to Lydia’s presence, as well as referring to her as ‘Mom’ in front of his father, and in turn grew fond of her. She was a lovely woman, and sweet as could be, so Noel couldn’t help but want to help her out around the house, including things like cooking or cleaning.

When Noel was seven, Lydia became pregnant, and Nicolas began working double shifts at his job. This devastated Lydia, whose pregnancy was anything but easy. Noel became her support, both physically and mentally, and within a few months Noel had no problem thinking of her as his mother, and of the child she would have as his full sibling. He looked forward to the baby being born, and if he didn’t see his father right now? He didn’t really care one way or another. Nicolas had never been a very loving person, so not seeing him for days on end didn’t both the little boy. And even after Lydia had the twins, as was discovered upon the birth, he still didn’t care. He had two little girls to protect now, along with his mother, and he wanted to be the best big brother he could.

Here would be where the little known facts are located, lost within the confines of the home like so many others. Nicolas began coming home more, demanding things from Lydia while she was trying to raise the babies. He wanted the house spotless and dinner ready exactly when he came home; Lydia couldn’t do either of those, as she was still recovering and taking care of the twins. The first three times that happened, there was a lot of screaming and crying, and none of it was from the girls. Noel grew somewhat fearful of Nicolas coming home every weekend, and worried for his mothers and sisters. But he couldn’t do much; what could an eight year old do against a six foot one, two hundred pound adult?

Things continued like this for a while, slowly escalating. Their neighbors began worrying about the constant yelling, and even Noel’s friends began to realize something was wrong with his home life. He wasn’t talking quite as much, he wasn’t fighting back when someone playfully said something…he was changing. His childhood friend Karin was most worried, but even she couldn’t get him to say anything. The problems mounted more the next two years, Noel grew more distant, until finally Karin snapped and went to her father. He worked with the Police, so she figured if anyone could help it would be him. After hearing everything Karin explained, he agreed to look into it, and a small investigation was started on the Aldric home. The information discovered was shocking, as was Nicolas reaction when confronted.

When approached with the allegations of beating both his wife and son, Nicolas went in a rage, ranting on and on about how much Lydia was a useless wench, and how Noel was nothing but a ungrateful brat for trying to stop him from ‘putting her in her place’. He was a madman at the time, and he was more volatile than they expected. Lydia, who had been asked to leave the house with the two girls, was spared from his wrath, but Noel was not. Nicolas reacted so swiftly, so violently, that the Police officers there didn’t have a chance to stop him. He hit Noel so hard the boy just crumpled to the ground, unable to see the move coming, and would have gone farther had he not be restrained. Noel, dazed and bleeding, was rushed to the hospital with a hysteric Lydia and the two girls, while Nicolas was carted off to the station as well as stated for a mental evaluation.

That was the turning point in Noel’s temperament, and even though Nicolas was not only sent to prison, but also evaluated as mentally unstable and a danger to society, he was unable to return to his former personality. The fear of being hurt for speaking his problems would always be there, haunting him, and he wouldn’t be able to escape it. Not even selling that horrible house and moving well away from their former home helped douse that fear, but it did offer some form of security. Nicolas wouldn’t know they had moved, if he was ever released, and he would never be able to get the children without going to court first.

Life continued, and Elysia and Gracia never found out about the horrible past of their loving mother and brother. Lydia put it behind her, and began to work towards teaching her daughters, and Noel worked hard to play the part of a pillar for them, someone for them to come to if ever they had a problem. Karin, whose family had moved themselves, kept in contact every so often, and it was through her that Noel found out about the Shinto Tournament in Jinto. Noel hadn’t thought of being a trainer before then, he had been too worried about his family, but when Lydia heard about she was more than happy to encourage him. Though he was thirteen, older then most when they begin, he never strayed far from his home land while training, and indeed only captured one Pokemon, besides a young, abandoned Riolu he found and took in. But his training was efficient, his Pokemon of decent strength, though he wasn’t quite as interested in the tournament anymore.

With his sister’s now ten, and ready to get their own Pokemon, he worried about what to do, if he should follow or let them explore on their own for once. But once again, information from Karin set him upon a path. He needed to let them have a bit of a taste of the world by themselves, and the fact that a new region was discovered was the perfect source for a distraction while they were exploring Quilsoni and Aubeilu. The chance to meet people, to see things that had never been seen before, was too much to pass up, and he was excited to go as well.

Items in your backpack: (List them ALL, even if they seem totally obvious like a flashlight or extra clothing)
$3000, five Pokeballs, one Greatball, four Potions (one extra from my region extra), one Antidote, two Full Heals (Quilsoni region extra), one blanket, two spare changes of clothing, a small first aid kit, canned food, healthy snacks, two bottles of water, three cans of Pokemon food, and a small picture of his family.

Trait Points: None (all five used)

Starting Pokemon: Cyndaquil

How you are spending your Pokemon points:
Cyndaquil (Starter)
Mareep (1)
Cyndaquil to Quilava (2)
Riolu (1)
Total: 4

Name: Akai the Quilava
Gender: Male; he is oblivious to anyone using Attract. *see trait
Age: Young adult, approximately 17 if likened to a human.
Appearance: Akai has very, very vibrant blue eyes, which seem to glimmer most days. Other than that, he is just a tad bit slimmer than most of his species.

Personality: Akai is, to put it simply, a very childish character. He isn’t very thoughtful, nor does he really pay too much attention to his actions; he lives for the moment, and does things as they come. But, he does carry some of Noel’s own traits, such as needing to play the big brother for others, as well as generally letting his problems be his own. If you threaten his ‘family’ however, you can be sure that you will be on the receiving end of a very painful fireball, and he doesn’t hesitate to tell you if you’re being stupid. He lives for battles, and growing stronger, so as to protect those around him.

Background: Akai was Noel’s first Pokemon, and as such has been through many different trials and tribulations with traveling. He was the little Cyndaquil no one seemed to want, considering just how small he was compared to the others. But when Noel actually took him, rather than one of the other Pokemon, he was more than ready to prove that he’d be a good Pokemon. What he didn’t expect, however, was for Noel to be so silent, even though it wasn’t in a bad way. The boy was more than loving, as seen on the first few days Akai was at their house, and he wasn’t small or shy, he just didn’t talk much…

When they did get to training though, Noel opened up more, and it was finally revealed to the little echidna why Noel was that way. With this revelation though, there was nothing but more of a bond between them; Akai wanted to grow stronger to protect him, and Noel wanted to grow stronger to protect his family. They were aiming for the same thing, and they worked together ceaselessly to achieve it. Akai proved himself many times in battles, even defeating Isabell so that Noel could capture her, and eventually he evolved into the lithe Quilava he is today.

His most recent self-set goal has been to take care of Aimee, who he views almost like his daughter, though he wouldn’t admit to it. Even when she was still a baby, he took care of her and helped protect her, along with Noel, to the point he was become her brother.

Learned moves: Leer, Smokescreen, Quick Attack, Flamewheel, Defense Curl
TM moves: Double Team, Toxic
Traits: Oblivious (3 points)

Name: Isabell the Mareep
Age: Slightly older, about 20-ish if likened to a human.
Appearance: Isabell isn’t that much different from your average Mareep, except for her the extremely fluffy texture of her fur. It is softer, a slightly more vibrant than most Mareep, and there is a lot more of it, which helps soften blows from other Pokemon. There is a slight burn on her tail though, from a past battle with Akai.

Personality: Isabell is a very, very loud mouth Pokemon. If she wants something, you better be sure to give it to her, or she will find a way to make you sorry. She isn’t an easy person to please, and even if you manage to impress her, you’re certainly going to need to do more than just drop by every so often with some flowers. She almost thinks herself queen of the world, and hates for anyone to get more attention than she does. Likewise, she hates when Noel pays more attention to the other two, especially if it’s to Aimee, but she does have a bit of a hidden soft spot for the little one.

Background: Isabell loved her past life, living with her flock near the Deiw Meadow. She was almost worshipped by her flock, not only because of her coat, but also because of her skills in battle, for she was a rather powerful opponent when forced. But when Noel found the flock, and seeing that they were not only was the human and the Cyndaquil a good source for training as well as showing off, she quickly challenged them. Err…she proceeded to loose several bundles of electricity at them, then run off laughing her little head off. Of course, Akai wasn’t pleased. He was more than happy to take off after her, which set about a cat and mouse game of tag until Akai finally managed to corner her. By then, the rest of her flock had caught up, and they weren’t very happy…but for reason kept to herself Isabell told them off. They were reluctant to leave her, but after she attempted to strike them they did so. The real battle commenced then, with Isabell paralyzing Akai but receiving a nasty burn on her tail, though eventually she succumbed, and was captured.

Learned moves: Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Charge, Discharge.
TM moves: Flash
Traits: None currently.

Name: Aimee the Riolu
Appearance: Aimee is, by all means, your average Riolu, in terms of coloring, weight, height and such. However, Noel has given her a small, light pink bandana, which is wrapped around her neck like a scarf/collar.

Personality: Aimee is still a very charming, cute little Riolu, who is very innocent and childish. She is a curious one though, and tends to wander off by accident if something catches her attention, which has ended up scaring Noel and Akai before. But, she is a very optimistic child, who loves nothing more than having her ‘father’ Noel laugh and smile, or having Akai play games with her. She’s essentially a child still, though she does indeed know some of the harsher things in life, but she did pick up two important things from her ‘family’; she loves fighting, and know very well how to use her charms to give her an advantage.

Background: Aimee was found a very young baby, very small, very thin, and obviously rejected by her parents or stolen from them. As Noel was unable to find any other Lucario or Riolu in the area, he took her in and began nursing her back to health, worried that he might have arrived too late to save her. But, indeed, with his help she recovered, and after she was strong enough to move she stuck to him like glue. Noel, being one of the first people she can remember, has taken the place as her father, and she looks up to him as such, while Isabell has become her sister and Akai her brother. She hasn’t trained much, save for a small bit of training with Akai in the form of tag, but she does know how to fight rather well, at least enough to defend herself against a few Pokemon.

Learned moves: Quick Attack, Force Palm, Screech, Copycat.
TM moves: Drain Punch
Traits: Cuteness (2 points)

VPP URPG
Ryn the Flygon: Complete at 872

Banner is mine! >:3

Last edited by EonMythos; 01-08-2008 at 03:33 PM.