Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 03-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu
Default The Pokemon Passion

Yes, I know we are all Pokemon fans here. But how high does your fandom go? Is Pokemon something you just think is fun, and you play the games and watch the show but it doesn't really play a huge part in your life? Or are you something more? Let me tell you, I have been hooked to Pokemon since I got into it in the late '90s. The anime is my favorite all time show. There are a couple parts of the show and movies where I cry when I see it, and I'm not really a crying person. In fact, Pokemon is the only thing that I can remember watching and shedding tears. I listen to my Pocket Monster Sound Anime Collection CD almost every time I am in the car going someplace. As for the games, I remember when I thought I had permanently lost my Pokemon Red game and I was miserable over it, because I loved the game and had raised the Pokemon in it. Alot of people would probably say "come on, it's just a game", but it means more to me than that. While I acknowledge they aren't actually real, living things, sometime you can almost feel that way. Sometimes they are real in your mind. Pokemon has also been a good haven for me. When I am upset about something, alot of the time Pokemon can help me feel better. I remember when I gave up Pokemon I was miserable whenever I saw anything related to it or when I even thought of it (it's a long story, my parents wanted me to give it up because they felt it was spiritually bad and would hurt me there, so I gave it up because they wanted it. It was gone for more than a year, and several times I had tried to talk my parents into letting me have it back again but with no success, until one day I had a reasonable discussion with my mom and she saw my point and talked to my dad and eventually I got it all back because they believed I was old enough to discern what was good and bad in it). I couldn't even see a commercial for a completely different anime show without thinking of it and it tearing at me. Now I just thank God that I have my Pokemon again. It has got me interested in other anime (though none will ever come close to replacing it), and it even gotten me interested in the Japanese culture and in learning the language. I like Pokemon for so many different reasons. I like the good themes it preaches, such as friendship and helping others in need. I also really liked the themes in Myuutsu Strikes Back, like how nothing can come of fighting but pain and suffering, and how every life has a meaning and it's what you do with it that determines who you are. I've always found Pokemon to be very appealing. It's very adventurous and has alot of action from the battles, but it also teaches you to have confidence in yourself and how valuable friendship is. And that's my favorite part: the bond between Pokemon and trainer, and how sacred that is. I'm 16 now and still absolutely love Pokemon. And I am not afraid to admit it, whether I get flamed for it or not. I am proud to be a Pokemon trainer. And I probably always will be.

You can share your thoughts on your passion for Pokemon here.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 03-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise
Default Re: The Pokemon Passion

I play Pokemon just because I like the game. I don't exactly like Pokemon, I'm not into that whole fad. I play because it is a good game, and because I like having choice in how my game goes through, and it supplies the almost infinite amount of choices. While I do get bored and recolor sprites, I'm not a Pokemon Fan persay, just someone who plays the game.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish

Man, that's cool. You're absolutly right in everything that you said. Some people might laugh at you at taking it that seriosly but it's just something you put your heart into and that's cool, IMO.
I don't think I like it as much a you do but I'm definatly a big fan. I got into it in the 6th grade and I'm in the 11th now, so.... Yeah. That's actually odd because nothing has been able to keep my intrest for so long.
To me, Pokemon is kind of like an alternate universe that I can escape to whenever I want. Wheather it's when I'm depressed or when I just need some fantasy in my life.
The main thing I like about it is just the Pokemon world in general. I think it'd be great to share a bond that strong with a Pokemon, to be able to be with it as it grows and becomes stronger, to be able to support it in tough battles, comfort it when it loses, and to be right along side it, celebrating our victories.
That might sound corny but I don't care.
Alot of nights when I'm having trouble sleeping, I'll imagine that I'm in the Pokemon world, battling or just in the woods looking for Pokemon. Infact, most all my URPG stories come from adventures I've thought up while laying in bed at night.
I'd much rather fanticise of a world like that with plenty of morals then the one we really live in.

And that's how I am with Pokemon.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:37 PM
GreenF!reR@ge Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to GreenF!reR@ge
Talking Re: The Pokemon Passion

Dude your totaly right about that. I LOVE pokemon SOOOO much, and if I could I would play and watch pokemon EVERYWHERE I could . But unfortunatly my friends don't like pokemon anymore (in fact, they make fun of it every chance they get...) and so I would feel really uncomfortable playing it in front of my friends . They would probably NEVER let me live it down, plus I already have some Idiots (I would add more curses but i'd probably get banned ) on by back ALL the time making stupid jokes and stuff (but I handle them very well ). Anyway I also love anime also, some of my favorite anime shows are Inuyasha, Rouroni Kenshin, Dragon Ball Z, and of course Pokemon
Old 03-22-2004, 09:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

If my friends want to talk shi* about me playing a damn game, I just hit them and tell them to f*ck off. Works well for me.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:53 PM
GreenF!reR@ge Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire
If my friends want to talk shi* about me playing a damn game, I just hit them and tell them to f*ck off. Works well for me.
LOL good idea Koldstare
Old 03-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Mizu Offline
Experienced Trainer

Some people...heck, ALL people hate pokémon by now. The darn teenagers...I mean, they call me immature for liking anime and manga...and playing the pokémon game. I mean, THEY DRINK AND SMOKE AT THEIR AGE! Like that's not immature...Ok, I'll eventually grow out of pokémon, like I did with the pokémon anime. But there's something that makes me play the game again when I get bored of it. A feeling of hope that one day all the pokémon games will go real and the pokémon we have'll sprout to life...sorry about that, I have weird dreams O_o;;

Anyway, it's good to know that I'm not the only one that still likes pokémon in their school n_n

Don't make it rain on someone elses parade ...MAKE IT THUNDEH!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizu
Some people...heck, ALL people hate pokémon by now. The darn teenagers...I mean, they call me immature for liking anime and manga...and playing the pokémon game. I mean, THEY DRINK AND SMOKE AT THEIR AGE! Like that's not immature...Ok, I'll eventually grow out of pokémon, like I did with the pokémon anime. But there's something that makes me play the game again when I get bored of it. A feeling of hope that one day all the pokémon games will go real and the pokémon we have'll sprout to life...sorry about that, I have weird dreams O_o;;

Anyway, it's good to know that I'm not the only one that still likes pokémon in their school n_n
Drinking and smoking doesn't denote immaturity. The reasons behind it would. If the United States quit making a fuss about drinking, over a period of time, we'd be much similar to France, where the teens don't make a big deal about it either. The reason most teens drink is for the thrill, because its "breaking the rules" etc etc etc.

I have already grown out of the fad, but I don't think I'd grow out of enjoying a game based on its gameplay.

BTW, I too sometimes have nothing else to do and wonder what real Pokemon would be like. Blastoise would rule all ^_^ XD lol
*cough cough*
Old 03-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Mizu Offline
Experienced Trainer

Well, I didn't explain the point right

The people in my school drink and smoke to look cool...and they think that that screams out: ¨I AM A MACHO MAN!!¨

See what I mean? n_n

Don't make it rain on someone elses parade ...MAKE IT THUNDEH!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:23 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomish
Man, that's cool. You're absolutly right in everything that you said. Some people might laugh at you at taking it that seriosly but it's just something you put your heart into and that's cool, IMO.
Thank you, I am glad you understand me.
Quote:
I don't think I like it as much a you do but I'm definatly a big fan. I got into it in the 6th grade and I'm in the 11th now, so.... Yeah. That's actually odd because nothing has been able to keep my intrest for so long.
You must be a big fan then.
Quote:
To me, Pokemon is kind of like an alternate universe that I can escape to whenever I want. Wheather it's when I'm depressed or when I just need some fantasy in my life.
Yes, I often find myself day dreaming about it as well. It's a very amazing universe. Alot of creativity in it.
Quote:
The main thing I like about it is just the Pokemon world in general. I think it'd be great to share a bond that strong with a Pokemon, to be able to be with it as it grows and becomes stronger, to be able to support it in tough battles, comfort it when it loses, and to be right along side it, celebrating our victories.
That might sound corny but I don't care.
I totally agree. As for the thing about it being corny, I'm at least that dramatic.
Quote:
Alot of nights when I'm having trouble sleeping, I'll imagine that I'm in the Pokemon world, battling or just in the woods looking for Pokemon. Infact, most all my URPG stories come from adventures I've thought up while laying in bed at night.
Same here, in fact it's those kind of times where I think of alot of interesting new things about Pokemon and my imagination really works.
Quote:
I'd much rather fanticise of a world like that with plenty of morals then the one we really live in.
Tell me about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenF!reR@ge
Dude your totaly right about that. I LOVE pokemon SOOOO much, and if I could I would play and watch pokemon EVERYWHERE I could .
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenF!reR@ge
But unfortunatly my friends don't like pokemon anymore (in fact, they make fun of it every chance they get...) and so I would feel really uncomfortable playing it in front of my friends . They would probably NEVER let me live it down, plus I already have some Idiots (I would add more curses but i'd probably get banned ) on by back ALL the time making stupid jokes and stuff (but I handle them very well ).
I would play it anyway, as I said in my first post I don't care what people think or say, I love Pokemon and I'm not afraid to express it. I will stand up for it.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 03-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird

I'm a super pokemon fan. I fancy the world of pokemon and always wishes there are pokemon in real life. The first time i came across pokemon is when i watch the pokemon anime. Then i started playing pokemon yellow, and i'm simply addicted by the game which can catch pokemon, make them strong, and they will battle for u in return. :)
Sometimes my friends will laugh at me, but i don't care, i'll just admit it. Remember once i held a presentation in front of the whole class about pokemon?
But deep inside i no that i dun like pokemon as much as before. The pokemon craze in japan and USA is much greater than in HK. i dun like the new RS pokemon, and i dun have trading card or N64/Gamecube either.

Current team:
Old 03-23-2004, 10:22 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

I'm not a crazy fan about Pokemon, but I do occasionally watch the anime and play the games. RBY was the best days I had, Crystal filled my older-childhood with joy. Ruby was like the worst game I've ever bought, anyway.

I used to be sorta a fan of Pokemon, but not anymore. Kids in my school play Wrestling Cards, not Pokemon cards now, they do like watching the show though. I laugh when my friends say about the power of Rayquaza and stuff, heh.

In short, Pokemon isn't my favorite anymore, I'm more into other strategy/role-playing games.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

5 years ago, I had come across Pokemon and never thought once that I would still be liking it to even today. I knew nothing about it, only that it had been popular in Japan and that was about it. I knew there were a few things in Japan that had become popular here, but I never thought this would be one of them.

When my brother convinced me to buy the game, I liked the idea of using a creature to battle rather than using a weapon or something like that, it was a whole new aspect that I had never seen used before. Before long, I was able to make favorites, and Pokemon ended up being one of my favorite Gameboy games. When Gold and Silver came up, I got Gold and my brother got Silver, and those were even better than the last ones. Gold had gone beyond all my expectations, and ended up being the best Gameboy game ever for me.

I used to get up early to watch the show, and now I try to see it in the afternoon, but sometimes I get busy and need to do something else. But every time I watch it, there's also something funny about it. It's a great show to watch, it's one of the best ones out there. It's one of the longest running shows on KidsWB, and they still haven't even come close to shutting it down. Hopefully they never do.

With Pokemon, the possibilites are endless. I hope to enjoy all of them.

Old 03-23-2004, 01:09 PM
jangofett Offline
Banned

u know what, i wear pokemon tshirts to school and get bullied, and laughed at, and the only friends i have r people who like pokemon and r living near me, thats 1. just because i like it. people at my school get bullied over it. but i don't care. i liked pokemon ever since it came out and i will like it forever. i don't give shi* about what other people think about me, cause the only friend i have, is the best friend a girl could ask for. go ahead, laugh, or call me a nub, i don't care.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:54 PM
GreenF!reR@ge Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangofett
u know what, i wear pokemon tshirts to school and get bullied, and laughed at, and the only friends i have r people who like pokemon and r living near me, thats 1. just because i like it. people at my school get bullied over it. but i don't care. i liked pokemon ever since it came out and i will like it forever. i don't give shi* about what other people think about me, cause the only friend i have, is the best friend a girl could ask for. go ahead, laugh, or call me a nub, i don't care.
Nah im gonna laugh I think that your cool because you have a tough ass spirit and you take any shi* from nobody and I like that