Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #7096  
Old 10-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Scourge of Amaranth's Avatar
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I swear I'm not
Posts: 1,627
Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydes View Post
I are can has grade please? I has been waiting patiently for 12 days like a good little boy that I'm not.

Just look in Sig for link.
I'll take this.
__________________

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.
  #7097  
Old 11-07-2009, 08:35 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In Canada being Canadian.
Posts: 7,123
Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

I feel like writing a brutally-controversial story.
  #7098  
Old 11-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Sequentio's Avatar
Sequentio Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Дома
Posts: 1,945
Send a message via AIM to Sequentio
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

It's now been over three weeks - and Khajmer dropped his claim. Therefore, I'd be really appreciative if anyone would pick up my story and grade it. >_<
  #7099  
Old 11-08-2009, 06:10 AM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
It's now been over three weeks - and Khajmer dropped his claim. Therefore, I'd be really appreciative if anyone would pick up my story and grade it. >_<

Seq, you write a million stories! Include a link to the one you're referring to!
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
  #7100  
Old 11-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Sequentio's Avatar
Sequentio Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Дома
Posts: 1,945
Send a message via AIM to Sequentio
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Seq, you write a million stories! Include a link to the one you're referring to!
What's wrong with writing a million stories? *laughs*
And this one's been in my signature for a while.

STORY HERE
  #7101  
Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Galleon's Avatar
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shenanigansville
Posts: 1,306
Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Mitch View Post
I feel like writing a brutally-controversial story.
Make it about a dude who kills another dude. Brutally.

I'd give you more elaborate suggestions, but "controversial" doesn't mean "good." And really, if you're just out to stir up trouble, then I probably shouldn't encourage you too much. Then again, if you're actually out to bring up something important and make people see things in a new light, then... you better put some freaking thought into it.
__________________
MEH.
  #7102  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Dragoness's Avatar
Dragoness Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halloween Town
Posts: 1,829
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

I was thinking earlier...what constitutes a URPG story?

No, seriously. Does it have to be one story that is either a one-shot or a continuing story-line? OR, can it be a series of short stories wrapped up together? (such as a collection of Pokemon myths you make up, like how Charmander got his flame or how the three legendary birds started out or anything like that)

This is only one example, of course, but it would not be a "normal" URPG story, yet it would (or at least it should) have the effort of a regular story. It can still be interesting to read and you can fit battles into it (if you wanted).

I ask because normally you don't see a lot of URPG stories that do not conform to the basic character(s) run into some problem and try to fix it (some stories aren't like that, but most seem to be).

There is no specific rule saying you can't do something like this for the URPG; however, I'm wondering what most people's opinions on this are.
__________________
  #7103  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,469
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
I was thinking earlier...what constitutes a URPG story?

No, seriously. Does it have to be one story that is either a one-shot or a continuing story-line? OR, can it be a series of short stories wrapped up together? (such as a collection of Pokemon myths you make up, like how Charmander got his flame or how the three legendary birds started out or anything like that)

This is only one example, of course, but it would not be a "normal" URPG story, yet it would (or at least it should) have the effort of a regular story. It can still be interesting to read and you can fit battles into it (if you wanted).

I ask because normally you don't see a lot of URPG stories that do not conform to the basic character(s) run into some problem and try to fix it (some stories aren't like that, but most seem to be).

There is no specific rule saying you can't do something like this for the URPG; however, I'm wondering what most people's opinions on this are.
I think any written work taking place in the Pokemon world would constitute a URPG story. I've actually got an idea for something interesting, if I can get it long enough.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
  #7104  
Old 11-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Sequentio's Avatar
Sequentio Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Дома
Posts: 1,945
Send a message via AIM to Sequentio
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
I think any written work taking place in the Pokemon world would constitute a URPG story. I've actually got an idea for something interesting, if I can get it long enough.
Not even the Pokemon world. I say any story containing Pokemon would constitute as an URPG story. If it is well written, meet the character requirements and well - CONTAINS POKEMON, I don't see why it wouldn't be a suitable URPG story.
  #7105  
Old 11-13-2009, 08:55 AM
luke39's Avatar
luke39 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 569
Send a message via AIM to luke39
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
Not even the Pokemon world. I say any story containing Pokemon would constitute as an URPG story. If it is well written, meet the character requirements and well - CONTAINS POKEMON, I don't see why it wouldn't be a suitable URPG story.
I Agree It Would Be Awsomeley Good, Also It Would Make theu URPG alot better lol!
__________________
Stats

Mighteyena
Obtained:294
Hatch @ 309
Evolve @ 348
Lv 100 @ 594
  #7106  
Old 11-13-2009, 05:52 PM
DarkGardevoir's Avatar
DarkGardevoir Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: hidden in my avatar
Posts: 5,618
Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
Not even the Pokemon world. I say any story containing Pokemon would constitute as an URPG story. If it is well written, meet the character requirements and well - CONTAINS POKEMON, I don't see why it wouldn't be a suitable URPG story.
Technically, pokemon don't even have to be real. But that's beside the point.

Anything with Pokemon, and a Pokemon you want to catch, constitutes a URPG story, draggy. If you want, I can link you a few stories that really don't take place in the Pokemon World "proper"... not to count, since people more or less forget to give a precise location for their stories, it never is the Pokemon World "proper"... at least, not the known one :p
__________________
My quotes


Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
  #7107  
Old 11-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Sequentio's Avatar
Sequentio Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Дома
Posts: 1,945
Send a message via AIM to Sequentio
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

So... now it's been five weeks without a claim. >_<

It's not that long of a story, if that's any help. It's less than 30 and it's mildly entertaining.
Just... someone please claim this thing so I can get back to writing. Please? :D

STORY HERE
  #7108  
Old 11-19-2009, 10:49 PM
EmBreon's Avatar
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: <insert funny>
Posts: 4,492
Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Well, my friends, it appears large threads are no longer cool. New thread here.

P.S. I will take your story this weekend if no one has gotten to it by then, Sequentio. Gah
__________________
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com