Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydes View Post
I are can has grade please? I has been waiting patiently for 12 days like a good little boy that I'm not.

Just look in Sig for link.
I'll take this.

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:35 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

I feel like writing a brutally-controversial story.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

It's now been over three weeks - and Khajmer dropped his claim. Therefore, I'd be really appreciative if anyone would pick up my story and grade it. >_<
Old 11-08-2009, 06:10 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
It's now been over three weeks - and Khajmer dropped his claim. Therefore, I'd be really appreciative if anyone would pick up my story and grade it. >_<

Seq, you write a million stories! Include a link to the one you're referring to!
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Sequentio Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Seq, you write a million stories! Include a link to the one you're referring to!
What's wrong with writing a million stories? *laughs*
And this one's been in my signature for a while.

STORY HERE
Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Mitch View Post
I feel like writing a brutally-controversial story.
Make it about a dude who kills another dude. Brutally.

I'd give you more elaborate suggestions, but "controversial" doesn't mean "good." And really, if you're just out to stir up trouble, then I probably shouldn't encourage you too much. Then again, if you're actually out to bring up something important and make people see things in a new light, then... you better put some freaking thought into it.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Dragoness Offline

I was thinking earlier...what constitutes a URPG story?

No, seriously. Does it have to be one story that is either a one-shot or a continuing story-line? OR, can it be a series of short stories wrapped up together? (such as a collection of Pokemon myths you make up, like how Charmander got his flame or how the three legendary birds started out or anything like that)

This is only one example, of course, but it would not be a "normal" URPG story, yet it would (or at least it should) have the effort of a regular story. It can still be interesting to read and you can fit battles into it (if you wanted).

I ask because normally you don't see a lot of URPG stories that do not conform to the basic character(s) run into some problem and try to fix it (some stories aren't like that, but most seem to be).

There is no specific rule saying you can't do something like this for the URPG; however, I'm wondering what most people's opinions on this are.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
I was thinking earlier...what constitutes a URPG story?

No, seriously. Does it have to be one story that is either a one-shot or a continuing story-line? OR, can it be a series of short stories wrapped up together? (such as a collection of Pokemon myths you make up, like how Charmander got his flame or how the three legendary birds started out or anything like that)

This is only one example, of course, but it would not be a "normal" URPG story, yet it would (or at least it should) have the effort of a regular story. It can still be interesting to read and you can fit battles into it (if you wanted).

I ask because normally you don't see a lot of URPG stories that do not conform to the basic character(s) run into some problem and try to fix it (some stories aren't like that, but most seem to be).

There is no specific rule saying you can't do something like this for the URPG; however, I'm wondering what most people's opinions on this are.
I think any written work taking place in the Pokemon world would constitute a URPG story. I've actually got an idea for something interesting, if I can get it long enough.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Sequentio Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
I think any written work taking place in the Pokemon world would constitute a URPG story. I've actually got an idea for something interesting, if I can get it long enough.
Not even the Pokemon world. I say any story containing Pokemon would constitute as an URPG story. If it is well written, meet the character requirements and well - CONTAINS POKEMON, I don't see why it wouldn't be a suitable URPG story.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:55 AM
luke39 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to luke39

Quote:
Not even the Pokemon world. I say any story containing Pokemon would constitute as an URPG story. If it is well written, meet the character requirements and well - CONTAINS POKEMON, I don't see why it wouldn't be a suitable URPG story.
I Agree It Would Be Awsomeley Good, Also It Would Make theu URPG alot better lol!

Mighteyena
Obtained:294
Hatch @ 309
Evolve @ 348
Lv 100 @ 594
Old 11-13-2009, 05:52 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Technically, pokemon don't even have to be real. But that's beside the point.

Anything with Pokemon, and a Pokemon you want to catch, constitutes a URPG story, draggy. If you want, I can link you a few stories that really don't take place in the Pokemon World "proper"... not to count, since people more or less forget to give a precise location for their stories, it never is the Pokemon World "proper"... at least, not the known one :p

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Sequentio Offline

So... now it's been five weeks without a claim. >_<

It's not that long of a story, if that's any help. It's less than 30 and it's mildly entertaining.
Just... someone please claim this thing so I can get back to writing. Please? :D

STORY HERE
Old 11-19-2009, 10:49 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Well, my friends, it appears large threads are no longer cool. New thread here.

P.S. I will take your story this weekend if no one has gotten to it by then, Sequentio. Gah