Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94
Default Your Take on Religion

Ok, I know this could get me banned and it's a stupid idea, but I'm really, genuinely interested on EVERYONE's take on their own religion, if they have one.

Now, all you retards who barge in and yell: MY RELIGION IS AWESOME, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD, YOU GO TO HELL. THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION, SHUT UP SHUT UP I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR SATANIST WORDS, ... You're stupid. Get out of my thread.

I would honestly like to hear from all corners of the world, in all the different religions, like, what is the differences and similarities between the Koran and the Bible? I'm seriously interested.

I am an atheist. Well, I like to call myself a bit of an Environmentalist, but I only care for the animals and plants, humans can go... Yeah.

If you don't have a religion, or don't believe in a god or anything, please. I'd like to hear your opinions/beliefs, but don't come and say: RELIGION SUCKS, YOU'RE ALL STUPID, because, it's not getting anywhere. This is kinda an educational thread. Yes. Education, all you 'kool kids' run away now

If this thread gets locked and everyone ends up spamming, I'm really sorry to the mods and all. Flamists should be banned. For good. I do enjoy prodding Christianity, but I think religion is kinda interesting, in a weird kind of way.

What is the Christian's take on Neanderthals anyway? Are they the rejects from the Garden? I am really curious ^_^, It's all because I don't want to read through the Bible, being an atheist, I read about 3 paragraphs from the first page of the old testament, yelled at everything, because it kinda went against my logic and then gave up ^_^

Sorry if anyone was insulted by my... Un-Christian-ness. ^_^

Oh, I also think the 'hell' and 'heaven' thing was made when they thought the world was flat. ^_^

Wunschkind is never allowed on this thread. No preachers please. And don't tell a Muslim they had something to do with the Taliban. That's just so racist and... [censored] little [censored] like you should be executed. (No offense. But really. Blaming a whole religion? That's gay.)

The Brood is growing!

Last edited by Stormdancer94; 02-29-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:54 AM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf
Default Re: Your Take on Religion

Go back to PETA. We have no room for you at a forum that abuses pretend animals for sport.

Anyway, I'm an atheist. I have no religion, technically, and I just try to live the day and learn all I can. I worship no God nor believe that one exists. I support this through scientific theories and data, as well as historical evidence of the falsifing of religious documents.

I find it pretty common that in every religion, there are three main types of people in religions/atheism. I wonder how many we'll see in this thread.

The first: The smart ones. There are wise and intelligent people in every religion. They can defend their beliefs, and they can also turn the other cheek and be the bigger man.

The second: People who believe their religion, but they don't know a lot about it, yet at least. They may take the initiative to learn about it. But, they will sometimes question it, and may change back and forth a few times before settling into a religion that they feel is correct or peaceful. These people are generally peaceful themselves, and often don't attack a debate with "GOD EXISTS" or "GOD DOESN'T EXIST," they simply state their current opinions.

The third kind, and our personal favorite: The idiots. Every religion has them. They make the entire religion look bad just by being the ignorant jackasses they are. They're the ones who burst into debates and such claiming beyond a doubt that "GOD IS REAL" or "THE BIBLE IS A LIE" without offering up anything to actually debate with. We often reffer to them in the world of flamming as target practice, or fodder. These kind of people do not deserve to live, in my humble opinion, regardless of their religion. They're idiots who know nothing about their own religion and are hellbent on saying you are wrong if you disagree with them, because you're stupid.

All three types of people exist on this forum, and we've seen them all in these recent debate threads.

And no "kool kids" play Pokemon. Learn the demograph! :(
Old 02-29-2008, 07:13 AM
VP4L Offline
Amateur Trainer

i just dont get how christains believes that earth is 6000 years old
Old 02-29-2008, 07:23 AM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP4L View Post
i just dont get how christains believes that earth is 6000 years old
Not so much the Earth as humanity, which while more believable, is still nearly impossible. China alone is lobbying for an additional 5000 years to its history, thus stretching the it to 10000 years.

Which would make China 4000 years older than humans. So what now? China was founded by pre-human-humanoid-apelike-animals?

Personally I am agnostic, in that I believe in a higher power, just not the ones being spread around by humans now. I believe that science is the way which God/the gods express their own powers, though not necessarily in an Intelligent Design type of way. I mean... Yeah, whatever.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Wunschkind is never allowed on this thread.
This part made me lol. In real life. D:

I left Christianity behind a while ago as my own choice. I feel like the religion as a whole is often misrepresented and misused by prejudiced people (hi, Fred Phelps) to a point where I found myself uncomfortable with it. I know I'm using a few extreme examples here, but there are examples that are less extreme that still give off misinformed and ignorant opinions while trying to use their religion as a weapon (hi, PE2K Discussion forum). :|

Hi

Old 02-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
This part made me lol. In real life. D:

I left Christianity behind a while ago as my own choice. I feel like the religion as a whole is often misrepresented and misused by prejudiced people (hi, Fred Phelps) to a point where I found myself uncomfortable with it. I know I'm using a few extreme examples here, but there are examples that are less extreme that still give off misinformed and ignorant opinions while trying to use their religion as a weapon (hi, PE2K Discussion forum). :|
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFt8WQkEvb8

I think you'd enjoy this song. Listen closely to the words, I think you'd agree with a lot of it. And, hopefully, you'll laugh your ass off.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFt8WQkEvb8

I think you'd enjoy this song. Listen closely to the words, I think you'd agree with a lot of it. And, hopefully, you'll laugh your ass off.
I actually love that song and have it on my iPod. At one point it was my third most played song. It rings very true.

Hi

Last edited by Fire Away; 02-29-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: lol@2AM grammar
Old 02-29-2008, 09:09 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

I am a chirstian and I don't mine people disagree with what I say.

The neanderthal thing- Well what I think is you know how when ever you see adam and eve there good looking? Well I think they were neanderthalish looking. Thats what I think and I am properly wrong but that is what I think.

Heaven, Hell, flat thing- Wow.Thats a first. I never heard that before. I don't know what to say except for I think that is not true.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 02-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
I am a chirstian and I don't mine people disagree with what I say.

The neanderthal thing- Well what I think is you know how when ever you see adam and eve there good looking? Well I think they were neanderthalish looking. Thats what I think and I am properly wrong but that is what I think.

Heaven, Hell, flat thing- Wow.Thats a first. I never heard that before. I don't know what to say except for I think that is not true.

Well, think about it. People in about... Something-or-other BC thought the world was flat, and if you traveled too far, you'd fall off into oblivion. Now, Christianity was most likely around then, or some ancient form of that. Hell was what you fell into if you went over the edge? And, if you didn't sin, etc. etc. You went up to heaven when you died or something like that.

I find it very interesting though; Hell in German means light. (eg. Hell Blau = Light Blue) Yet, in the Christian Religion, and in some others, it means, fiery, eternal pain, Satan's home, etc.

Weird huh?

Quote:
Personally I am agnostic, in that I believe in a higher power, just not the ones being spread around by humans now. I believe that science is the way which God/the gods express their own powers, though not necessarily in an Intelligent Design type of way. I mean... Yeah, whatever.
That is quite silly. Science contradicts at least half of the Bibles preachings. eg. Evolution. The cold, hard facts that when you die, there is pretty much nothing. Because, if there was something, we'd have evidence right? Don't start the ghosts topic. It's kinda pointless.

What about the other religions? Don't worry, you won't get flamed ^_^ *brandishes spoons* Spoons are my weapons of mass destruction, to both food and humans. ^_^

The Brood is growing!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:03 AM
skiboydoggy Offline

The first prerequisite for believing in something for me is that it cannot contradict scientific fact. Like I said, the gods are expressed through science.
And no, I don't believe in Hell or Heaven either. My take on the afterlife is more of a... It'll come when it comes type of thing. If there is, all the better for us all. If not, then meh.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Dude7 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Dude7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
And don't tell a Muslim they had something to do with the Taliban. That's just so racist and... [censored] little [censored] like you should be executed. (No offense. But really. Blaming a whole religion? That's gay.)

Exactly
When People Knew That The People In Taliban Were Muslims They Thought That All Muslims Are Terrorists
Islam Actually Forbids What They Did
You Know
Killing Anniconts
They're Just Claiming That They're Muslims

And Quran Spells With Q Not K
------------------------------
Muslims Belive In Jesus
He Is Mentioned In The Holy Quran Along With King Solomon And Noah And Others
The Bible Is Also Mentioned In The Quran
But It ( The Bible )Is Said To Have Been Edited In The Dark Ages

Jewesh Are Also Mentioned In The Holy Quran
So Don't Feel Left Out ( Just Kidding )

Islam Took The Best From Every (Sky) Religion Before It
For Example :
We Don't Pork ( Like The Jewesh )
And
Well
I Don't Know That Much About What Do Christians Do And We Do ( I'm Only A Teen .. Give Me A Break )

I'll Be Back Later

Last edited by Dude7; 02-29-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

I currently believe in Greek Mythology, though I have serious doubts about it...

The last religion I would ever beleive in, is Christianity. =O
Old 02-29-2008, 12:48 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude7 View Post
Exactly
When People Knew That The People In Taliban Were Muslims They Thought That All Muslims Are Terrorists
Islam Actually Forbids What They Did
You Know
Killing Anniconts
They're Just Claiming That They're Muslims

And Quran Spells With Q Not K
------------------------------
Muslims Belive In Jesus
He Is Mentioned In The Holy Quran Along With King Solomon And Noah And Others
The Bible Is Also Mentioned In The Quran
But It ( The Bible )Is Said To Have Been Edited In The Dark Ages

Jewesh Are Also Mentioned In The Holy Quran
So Don't Feel Left Out ( Just Kidding )

Islam Took The Best From Every (Sky) Religion Before It
For Example :
We Don't Pork ( Like The Jewesh )
And
Well
I Don't Know That Much About What Do Christians Do And We Do ( I'm Only A Teen .. Give Me A Break )

I'll Be Back Later
Actually Muslims are converted Jewish who believe that the Prophet was the Messiah, and that Jesus was only a prophet, without the capital P.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Dude7 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Dude7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboydoggy View Post
Actually Muslims are converted Jewish who believe that the Prophet was the Messiah, and that Jesus was only a prophet, without the capital P.
Muslims Think That The Prophet That Was Sent To The Jewish Was Called Musa
And Jesus Was Called Isa
The Prophet Of Islam Is Called Mohammed
So There Is A Difference
I Use Muslims Instead Of We So You Can Under Stand Better
Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Blast the Stereo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Blast the Stereo Send a message via MSN to Blast the Stereo

I'm Roman Catholic.

Go ahead, shoot me down. =]

It's probably one of the most questioned/criticized religions out there, but hey, I follow what I believe. That's all that matters, right?

I'm not one of those super-strict Catholics, but rather a more modern-day one.

I basically believe that the most important thing is to develop a close relationship with God.

Which not only helps me through many of my problems, is also rather fun and relaxing at times.

I enjoy just talking to him and believing that he's listening. It allows me to just be free and admit everything, no matter how bad, knowing I'll be forgiven.

That's a pretty good feeling to me.

paired with kimmi.

Last edited by Blast the Stereo; 02-29-2008 at 03:11 PM.