Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:47 AM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy
Default Re: Your Take on Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
I am honestly astounded a flamer hasn't found its way here yet, *touches wood* :p

It's interesting, SkiboyDoggy said that Muslims were converted Jews, but, how come their belief seems so... Different?

I spelt Quran, Koran, because I think the latter is the English spelling for it or something? Ah well. As long as we're all on the same wave-length.

Hanukkah is Jewish right?
I'm speaking for their origins. The original Muslims belonged to the same religion as the Jewish, just that while the Muslims believe that Prophet Mohammad (don't kill me if I mispell his name please) is the Messiah, Christians in Jesus, and the Jews are still waiting. There are also Jewish splinter cults who believe that various others are the Messiah as well, but I won't get into that.

Also, Jewish and Muslim beliefs are surprisingly similar. A lot of the same things are just named differently. Take a look at the Jewish, Christian (only Old Testament though), and the first parts of the Islamic holy books, and you can easily see how they are actually describing the EXACT SAME HISTORY.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Dude7 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Dude7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboydoggy View Post
I'm speaking for their origins. The original Muslims belonged to the same religion as the Jewish, just that while the Muslims believe that Prophet Mohammad (don't kill me if I mispell his name please) is the Messiah, Christians in Jesus, and the Jews are still waiting. There are also Jewish splinter cults who believe that various others are the Messiah as well, but I won't get into that.

Also, Jewish and Muslim beliefs are surprisingly similar. A lot of the same things are just named differently. Take a look at the Jewish, Christian (only Old Testament though), and the first parts of the Islamic holy books, and you can easily see how they are actually describing the EXACT SAME HISTORY.

We Belive That Jesus Name [ In Arabic ] Is Isa The Masseh ( I Think It Is Messiah In English )

Muslims Think That Jewish Came Before Christians So You Know
Old 03-02-2008, 01:41 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:

Wunschkind is never allowed on this thread.
Hi. <3

I am a Christian, but I'm not going to force my beliefs on anyone. I just get super pissed when people insult mine.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
Hi. <3

I am a Christian, but I'm not going to force my beliefs on anyone. I just get super pissed when people insult mine.

Eh, that's ok, just make sure, even when people do insult your beliefs, you don't try to shove them down their throats, state your... Whatevers and shove their words right back up their [censored] ^_^

I'm a notorious Christian... Half-Flamer, but I respect all beliefs. I just don't worship them.

If you translate some of the Muslim Religious words into direct English (Like... A good translator, not like the hilarious Babelfish), do they come out as something like what they mean in the original language?

The Brood is growing!
Old 03-02-2008, 04:04 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Eh, that's ok, just make sure, even when people do insult your beliefs, you don't try to shove them down their throats, state your... Whatevers and shove their words right back up their [censored] ^_^

I'm a notorious Christian... Half-Flamer, but I respect all beliefs. I just don't worship them.

If you translate some of the Muslim Religious words into direct English (Like... A good translator, not like the hilarious Babelfish), do they come out as something like what they mean in the original language?
I don't shove my beliefs down other's throats. It may seem like it, but that's not what I'm trying to do.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:51 AM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

I'm agnostic all the way

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 03-02-2008, 06:35 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude7 View Post
We Belive That Jesus Name [ In Arabic ] Is Isa The Masseh ( I Think It Is Messiah In English )

Muslims Think That Jewish Came Before Christians So You Know
Jews came before Christians. Its like one religion(Hebrew) split into 3 others.(Christian,Muslim,Jewsish) Correct me if Im wrong though.
But if Muslim and Jewish are so alike why are they always fighting in the middle east?
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:49 AM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
Jews came before Christians. Its like one religion(Hebrew) split into 3 others.(Christian,Muslim,Jewsish) Correct me if Im wrong though.
But if Muslim and Jewish are so alike why are they always fighting in the middle east?
Read up on the Crusades. Besides, Protestants and Catholics fought a bloody war too.
Slight deviations in belief can cause more dangerous warfare than complete differences.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:59 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboydoggy View Post
Read up on the Crusades. Besides, Protestants and Catholics fought a bloody war too.
Slight deviations in belief can cause more dangerous warfare than complete differences.
Hmm true. They did fight but IMO the Catholics were more corrupted during the middle ages. Of course Im not saying the Protestants were perfect either just the Chatholics controlled everything and used God's name to kill which is wrong...
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

If you stuck anyone who had an argument with someone else in a room together, like... The leaders of the Israeli and the Gaza Strip thing, seriously, leave them there for a few weeks, they'd sort things out. Even if they just threw insults at each other. Or just glared. They'd come to an eventual resolution. Now, if you did that with some legal cases, it would save a rainforest worth of paper and a few years of lawyer's time.

Why did the Nazi's think what they did to Jews was right? Or did they just do it because they thought they were 'evil' or something? Touchy subject. Sorry.

The Brood is growing!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
If you stuck anyone who had an argument with someone else in a room together, like... The leaders of the Israeli and the Gaza Strip thing, seriously, leave them there for a few weeks, they'd sort things out. Even if they just threw insults at each other. Or just glared. They'd come to an eventual resolution. Now, if you did that with some legal cases, it would save a rainforest worth of paper and a few years of lawyer's time.

Why did the Nazi's think what they did to Jews was right? Or did they just do it because they thought they were 'evil' or something? Touchy subject. Sorry.
It's not a good idea to say that they "would" come to a solution when really all you're proposing is an idea, and a poor, idealistic one at that. I can't tell if you're underestimating the stubbornness some individuals harbor or overestimating the forgiving nature of people.

I mean, for all you know, one of the men you put in the room could strangle the other one. Good luck reaching a solution then.

Hi

Old 03-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Dude7 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post

Thats What I Said
Muslims And Jewish Aren't Alike At All
I Don't Know About Hebrew Though
All I Know Is That Jewish Had Their Prophet Musa
Then Came The Christians With Their Prophet Isa ( Jesus )
After That Came The Muslims With The Last Prophet That Was Sent From God

So What I'm Saying That The Jewish And Christians Had Prophets From God
But After Islam Came To Humans
God Didn't Sent Another Prophet
Its What We Belive
Old 03-03-2008, 02:07 PM
briggs93 Offline

Send a message via AIM to briggs93

Some religions i under stand such as Jewish, Buddism and Hindusism. But what I dont understand is Islam, Mormonism and Satanism.
Islam- The people in Islam seem to cause all the problems in Iraq and Afghanastan. They think God will be happy if they blow them selves up to kill 20 other Muslims. There religion makes women were vails which I dont understand, look at some people in America they walk down the street with no shirt no shoes. There religion creator would not like that, there religion has to change, look at my Religion Catholism, it has changed since it was created around 20 A.D. We can eat pork now, we can eat meat on normal fridays, women can recieve annoyting and the bible has been translated from Hebrew to Latin to Old English to New English while Islams Koran cannot be translated from Arabic. Like I said before there religion could use changed such as allowing them to eat pork and drink wine. On to the next Topic:
Judahsim- There religion makes complete sense to me but they were looking for a savior to come down and bring salvation....Jesus came and they missed him...............so they are still in search of the savior.

In my religion Catholism we have the Pope (who right now looks like he is 250 years old) running the church. Protestants have services were the pastor goes on for hours talking about Jesus which I dont understand that seems really boring. When a Catholic Priest talks about god through medaphors like Noah's Ark and The Story of Esau it can be less boring. Another thing protestants have wrong is The Story of Adam and Eve is a medaphor not a true story.

Anyway thats my take on religion
Old 03-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Dude7 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs93 View Post
Islam- The people in Islam seem to cause all the problems in Iraq and Afghanastan. Just Because Those Morons Are Muslims ... It Doesn't Mean That All Mulims Are Terrorists
They think God will be happy if they blow them selves up to kill 20 other Muslims. We Don't Think That Really
There religion makes women were vails which I dont understand, That Is A Thing That I Don't Know About Since I Skip The Girl Stuff look at some people in America they walk down the street with no shirt no shoes So Muslims Should Run Around Half Naked Too??. There religion creator would not like that , there religion has to change Why ... Just To Keep COOL And Modern??, look at my Religion Catholism, it has changed since it was created around 20 A.D. We can eat pork now Muslims Stick With What Is Said In The Holy Quran .. And It Says Don't Eat Pork, we can eat meat on normal fridays, women can recieve annoyting and the bible has been translated from Hebrew to Latin to Old English to New English while Islams Koran cannot be translated from Arabic It Has Been Translated So You Know .... And There Are TV Channels Which Air English Lectures About Islam. Like I said before there religion could use changed such as allowing them to eat pork and drink wine Muslims Can't Drink Any Alcohol .. Because We Have To Prey Five Times A Day .. And Like I Said .. It Is Mentioned In The Quran.
And Like The Author Of The Thread Said

And don't tell a Muslim they had something to do with the Taliban ( The Morons Who Blow The Selves Every Where ). That's just so racist and... [censored] little [censored] like you should be executed. (No offense. But really. Blaming a whole religion? That's gay.)
Old 03-03-2008, 03:40 PM
briggs93 Offline

Send a message via AIM to briggs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude7 View Post
And Like The Author Of The Thread Said

And don't tell a Muslim they had something to do with the Taliban ( The Morons Who Blow The Selves Every Where ). That's just so racist and... [censored] little [censored] like you should be executed. (No offense. But really. Blaming a whole religion? That's gay.)
My point is the religion needs to modernize, and its not racist, islam is not a race. I have nothing against the religion I dont undertsand it, most Muslims are fine in America but I cant forgive the ones who live in the middle east after they killed a few family members.

Last edited by briggs93; 03-03-2008 at 03:43 PM.