Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 03-05-2004, 03:32 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Exclamation The Music Scene

Talk about the current music scene and what's hot and what's not.

Last edited by Techno Treecko; 04-12-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:11 AM
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: The Music Scene

What is hot?
HIM Is obviously hot, they are becoming too mainstream i think, i blame Bam and their legion of skaters. HIM is a gothic band and it should stay that way, i hate seeing skaters with the Heartagram. THey should be listening to their punk music not just listen to what their idol "Bam" listens to.

ok, done whining :)
Old 03-06-2004, 03:01 AM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp
What is hot?
HIM Is obviously hot, they are becoming too mainstream i think, i blame Bam and their legion of skaters. HIM is a gothic band and it should stay that way, i hate seeing skaters with the Heartagram. THey should be listening to their punk music not just listen to what their idol "Bam" listens to.

ok, done whining :)
Wow, cool. Another HIM fan. ^^ Then again, like you said above, I'm not exactly goth so... But you're right, you can blame Bam Margera for exposing them to me. =P
Old 03-06-2004, 03:19 AM
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfrost
Wow, cool. Another HIM fan. ^^ Then again, like you said above, I'm not exactly goth so... But you're right, you can blame Bam Margera for exposing them to me. =P

I feel bad because i was kind of harsh to Bam fans, i don't mean you have to be goth or anything but they are an underground band and thanks to Bam i see people who only listen to them because of him. But just because you were exposed to them by Bam doesn't mean you can't enjoy the music or that you can't be a bigger fan than someone who knew them before.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:22 AM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp

I feel bad because i was kind of harsh to Bam fans, i don't mean you have to be goth or anything but they are an underground band and thanks to Bam i see people who only listen to them because of him. But just because you were exposed to them by Bam doesn't mean you can't enjoy the music or that you can't be a bigger fan than someone who knew them before.
I knew what you meant. ^_^ I only like underground bands, actually. A lot of them are local, and I guess I like a lot of different genres too. Meh, I really dislike most of what's on the radio, though.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:17 AM
§avage]) Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to §avage]) Send a message via MSN to §avage]) Send a message via Yahoo to §avage])

Who thinks brush your houlders off is just such a hype song... so good with headphones.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:58 AM
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by §avage])
Who thinks brush your houlders off is just such a hype song... so good with headphones.
Probably is.
Haven't heard it, who's it by?
Old 03-07-2004, 04:12 AM
Shael Offline
Master Trainer

I love classical music, I think it's way overlooked/underrated. When people think about classical, they think about some slow, boring, plain violin theme. That's just the general stereotype. Kinda like my stereotype for rap is some "ghetto" guy wearing pants halfway down his legs, holding inbetween his legs with one hand, a microphone in his other one, that's cussing every other word he says.

Aaanyways, enough on that =P

Just recently, I'm getting more into asian pop, mainly BoA. Those who don't know, on the United World Chart for 2004, her album, Love and Honesty, was #16.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:41 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shael
I love classical music, I think it's way overlooked/underrated. When people think about classical, they think about some slow, boring, plain violin theme. That's just the general stereotype. Kinda like my stereotype for rap is some "ghetto" guy wearing pants halfway down his legs, holding inbetween his legs with one hand, a microphone in his other one, that's cussing every other word he says.

Aaanyways, enough on that =P

Just recently, I'm getting more into asian pop, mainly BoA. Those who don't know, on the United World Chart for 2004, her album, Love and Honesty, was #16.
Agreed. I love the occasional Mendelsohn and Mozart (being a classical player myself).

As for Super J-Pop Queen BoA...there's not much to say lol. I still like Koda Kumi better tho. And Do As Infinity is cool...I'm running out of things to say lol.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:45 AM
§avage]) Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to §avage]) Send a message via MSN to §avage]) Send a message via Yahoo to §avage])

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp
Probably is.
Haven't heard it, who's it by?
Jay-z... its from his last album
Old 03-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Ferret Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ferret Send a message via MSN to Ferret Send a message via Yahoo to Ferret

*Kicks pop music in the teeth*

*Whacks pop music with a few Front line Assembly albums* Aaaaah ahahahahahahaha, you deserved that.

They're not hot as such, but they're the best band to ever grace this earth.
Front Line Assembly.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

BoA and Koda Kumi are almost in the same level =P

Anyone like Ray Mysterio's music? =P I think it's ok...
Old 03-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Evanna Offline
Master Trainer

Dunno about Ray Mysterio oO Never heard of him

I think Christina Aguilera is pretty popular! My fav singer :x She's hot AND she has singing talent. Some ppl might find her a bit "slutty" ¬¬, but who cares? I like her for the music

(Like WOW! What happened to the board icons? When I posted everything changed all of the sudden. Nice nice! ^^)

Why do we Fall? To learn to Pick ourselves up again.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:35 AM
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret
*Kicks pop music in the teeth*

*Whacks pop music with a few Front line Assembly albums* Aaaaah ahahahahahahaha, you deserved that.

They're not hot as such, but they're the best band to ever grace this earth.
Front Line Assembly.
That has to be the most boring band i've ever heard.

Atleast you can make fun of how mallcore good charlotte sound.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:47 AM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

I love Blink 182s new cd its sweet.