Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-05-2004, 03:32 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Exclamation The Music Scene

Talk about the current music scene and what's hot and what's not.

Last edited by Techno Treecko; 04-12-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-06-2004, 02:11 AM
sdp's Avatar
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 129
Default Re: The Music Scene

What is hot?
HIM Is obviously hot, they are becoming too mainstream i think, i blame Bam and their legion of skaters. HIM is a gothic band and it should stay that way, i hate seeing skaters with the Heartagram. THey should be listening to their punk music not just listen to what their idol "Bam" listens to.

ok, done whining :)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-06-2004, 03:01 AM
silverfrost's Avatar
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,562
Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost
Default Re: The Music Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp
What is hot?
HIM Is obviously hot, they are becoming too mainstream i think, i blame Bam and their legion of skaters. HIM is a gothic band and it should stay that way, i hate seeing skaters with the Heartagram. THey should be listening to their punk music not just listen to what their idol "Bam" listens to.

ok, done whining :)
Wow, cool. Another HIM fan. ^^ Then again, like you said above, I'm not exactly goth so... But you're right, you can blame Bam Margera for exposing them to me. =P
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-06-2004, 03:19 AM
sdp's Avatar
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 129
Default Re: The Music Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfrost
Wow, cool. Another HIM fan. ^^ Then again, like you said above, I'm not exactly goth so... But you're right, you can blame Bam Margera for exposing them to me. =P

I feel bad because i was kind of harsh to Bam fans, i don't mean you have to be goth or anything but they are an underground band and thanks to Bam i see people who only listen to them because of him. But just because you were exposed to them by Bam doesn't mean you can't enjoy the music or that you can't be a bigger fan than someone who knew them before.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-06-2004, 03:22 AM
silverfrost's Avatar
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,562
Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost
Default Re: The Music Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp

I feel bad because i was kind of harsh to Bam fans, i don't mean you have to be goth or anything but they are an underground band and thanks to Bam i see people who only listen to them because of him. But just because you were exposed to them by Bam doesn't mean you can't enjoy the music or that you can't be a bigger fan than someone who knew them before.
I knew what you meant. ^_^ I only like underground bands, actually. A lot of them are local, and I guess I like a lot of different genres too. Meh, I really dislike most of what's on the radio, though.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-2004, 04:17 AM
§avage])'s Avatar
§avage]) Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 509
Send a message via AIM to §avage]) Send a message via MSN to §avage]) Send a message via Yahoo to §avage])
Default Re: The Music Scene

Who thinks brush your houlders off is just such a hype song... so good with headphones.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-07-2004, 02:58 AM
sdp's Avatar
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 129
Default Re: The Music Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by §avage])
Who thinks brush your houlders off is just such a hype song... so good with headphones.
Probably is.
Haven't heard it, who's it by?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-07-2004, 04:12 AM
Shael's Avatar
Shael Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 456
Default Re: The Music Scene

I love classical music, I think it's way overlooked/underrated. When people think about classical, they think about some slow, boring, plain violin theme. That's just the general stereotype. Kinda like my stereotype for rap is some "ghetto" guy wearing pants halfway down his legs, holding inbetween his legs with one hand, a microphone in his other one, that's cussing every other word he says.

Aaanyways, enough on that =P

Just recently, I'm getting more into asian pop, mainly BoA. Those who don't know, on the United World Chart for 2004, her album, Love and Honesty, was #16.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2004, 04:41 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: The Music Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shael
I love classical music, I think it's way overlooked/underrated. When people think about classical, they think about some slow, boring, plain violin theme. That's just the general stereotype. Kinda like my stereotype for rap is some "ghetto" guy wearing pants halfway down his legs, holding inbetween his legs with one hand, a microphone in his other one, that's cussing every other word he says.

Aaanyways, enough on that =P

Just recently, I'm getting more into asian pop, mainly BoA. Those who don't know, on the United World Chart for 2004, her album, Love and Honesty, was #16.
Agreed. I love the occasional Mendelsohn and Mozart (being a classical player myself).

As for Super J-Pop Queen BoA...there's not much to say lol. I still like Koda Kumi better tho. And Do As Infinity is cool...I'm running out of things to say lol.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-2004, 05:45 AM
§avage])'s Avatar
§avage]) Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 509
Send a message via AIM to §avage]) Send a message via MSN to §avage]) Send a message via Yahoo to §avage])
Default Re: The Music Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp
Probably is.
Haven't heard it, who's it by?
Jay-z... its from his last album
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Ferret's Avatar
Ferret Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Notts. Uk
Posts: 72
Send a message via AIM to Ferret Send a message via MSN to Ferret Send a message via Yahoo to Ferret
Default Re: The Music Scene

*Kicks pop music in the teeth*

*Whacks pop music with a few Front line Assembly albums* Aaaaah ahahahahahahaha, you deserved that.


They're not hot as such, but they're the best band to ever grace this earth.
Front Line Assembly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Jet's Avatar
Jet Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: "3 stars and a sun"
Posts: 3,094
Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet
Default Re: The Music Scene

BoA and Koda Kumi are almost in the same level =P

Anyone like Ray Mysterio's music? =P I think it's ok...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Evanna's Avatar
Evanna Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The Rolling Hills with Grass-lands
Posts: 269
Default Re: The Music Scene

Dunno about Ray Mysterio oO Never heard of him

I think Christina Aguilera is pretty popular! My fav singer :x She's hot AND she has singing talent. Some ppl might find her a bit "slutty" ¬¬, but who cares? I like her for the music

(Like WOW! What happened to the board icons? When I posted everything changed all of the sudden. Nice nice! ^^)
__________________
Manganimenia~: My Homepage


Why do we Fall? To learn to Pick ourselves up again.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-2004, 12:35 AM
sdp's Avatar
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 129
Default Re: The Music Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret
*Kicks pop music in the teeth*

*Whacks pop music with a few Front line Assembly albums* Aaaaah ahahahahahahaha, you deserved that.


They're not hot as such, but they're the best band to ever grace this earth.
Front Line Assembly.
That has to be the most boring band i've ever heard.

Atleast you can make fun of how mallcore good charlotte sound.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-22-2004, 12:47 AM
VenusaurTrainer's Avatar
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 1,387
Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer
Default Re: The Music Scene

I love Blink 182s new cd its sweet.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com