Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 06-21-2007, 04:45 PM
CrimsonThunder Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: The Music Scene

I usually link pop to soft rock, but as you said Echo it can be anything. Pop is not really a genre its a title that is given to music that is popular at the time.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:56 PM
autism Offline
Master Trainer

http://mixmatters.com/hot/2007/Young_Buck_Get_Buck.html

I love that. But it's at a low position on the usbbhot100. (us billboard)
If you love rap/hip-hop you have to listen to this one. PM me to tell me whatchu think. I think Ludacris made another future chart-topper with this ****.http://www.mixmatters.com/hot/2007/L...ity_Chick.html^^-Anti-bullying Campaign-^^
--Put this in your sig if you hate bullies--
Old 06-24-2007, 02:40 PM
CrimsonThunder Offline
Master Trainer

I listened to my first Fall Out Boy album tonight at work. I don't understand why so many people give it ****.

Sure the vocals are a bit =/ but who the hell cares? The music is great! Anyone that doesn't listen to something just because they don't agree with one small thing (the vocals) are missing out big time! I used to think the same with with Death/Black Metal. Then one day I just decided to give it a try and loved it.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:59 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonThunder View Post
I listened to my first Fall Out Boy album tonight at work. I don't understand why so many people give it ****.

Sure the vocals are a bit =/ but who the hell cares? The music is great! Anyone that doesn't listen to something just because they don't agree with one small thing (the vocals) are missing out big time! I used to think the same with with Death/Black Metal. Then one day I just decided to give it a try and loved it.
Death/Black Metal categories hold true talent. Black Metal especially has no boundaries. Listen to Dimmu Borgir. Wonderful music.

And Fall Out Boy's singer (I forget his name, Pete?) is excellent. He has a great range and barely sounds whiney.

A great singer is Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance. Now he has a truly unique and powerful voice, and his most unique singing is the softer stuff he does (I Don't Love You, Cancer... Both great songs).
Old 07-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

I got 2 amazingly good CD's today. Silverstein-Arrivals and Departures, and The White Stripes-Icky Thump. Both are two good listens. ^^
Old 07-06-2007, 06:11 AM
CrimsonThunder Offline
Master Trainer

The White Stripes are a good choice Aiikari.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:48 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT

Three Doors Down needs a new album. Nuff said

Three Days Grace's singer has a great voice for the stuff they do, He never seems to have any issues with his sound.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:00 PM
SuperT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I think Country music is awsome & Rap is the worst music genre ever. Rascal Flatts are my #1
Old 08-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Soul Slayer Offline

No one seems to post here, bleh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Death/Black Metal categories hold true talent. Black Metal especially has no boundaries. Listen to Dimmu Borgir. Wonderful music.

And Fall Out Boy's singer (I forget his name, Pete?) is excellent. He has a great range and barely sounds whiney.

A great singer is Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance. Now he has a truly unique and powerful voice, and his most unique singing is the softer stuff he does (I Don't Love You, Cancer... Both great songs).
I was completely into what you were saying UNTIL the third sentence. I won't delve into the tr00 vs. untr00, bombastic but substanceless MM7 chords and octaves arranged for keyboard over chugging power chords vs. symphonic atmospheric masterpiece debates, being as opinions do vary but...

Dimmu isn't the epitome of music without boundaries by ANY means. They're quite trite as far as BM goes, tbqh... although I'd take them over quite a few of the other more popular Death/Black bands.

Arcturus, uneXpect, and bands of that sort seem more deserving of music with boundaries labeling regardless. THAT's wonderful music.

... Although maybe it's a compliment for metal that even without pushing its own boundaries, it's still pushing the boundaries compared with the rest of more music?

<3 FC <3

Last edited by Soul Slayer; 08-15-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Well this is music related so.

This concert was on August 19th, 2007 at the Nisaan Pavillion.

Yesterday I went to an 11 hour concert called the Projekt Revolution tour, maybe you've heard of it? Anyways there were some great bands there like, The Bled, Saosin, Mindless Self Indulgence, Madina Lake, Linkin Park, MCR, Taking Back Sunday, HIM, and many more. There were two stages, The Revolution stage and the Main stage. (if your wondering who played where, the first 4 bands I named along with like another 3 that I didn't played at the Revolution stage. The other bands that I named and like 2 or 3 more played Main Stage) Now, I personally liked the Revolution stage alot better, since your ticket didn't indicate where you could be. I managed to squeeze my way up enough to get in where there would be about 5 mosh pits when it was all said and done for the Revolution stage and I went crowd surfing. Truley an awesome expirience, try it. The biggest pops over there where for Saosin and MSI.

Now the main stage I had lawn seats but I went up to the concrete ditch. Like two mosh pits where there in the lawns, 1 for Taking Back Sunday and the other was for MCR, I didn't go into those since they were...all about to throw up. Taking Back Sunday didn't have their Drummer or Guitarist because of an injury and a birth. So they borrowed some other bands drummer, I forget who, and Saosin's guitarist. He was great, to have to learn all those songs in like a day. They said the guitarist had to leave the after their last show, which was either a day or two ago. Linkin Park sounds great live, and if you miss some of their old stuff then I advise you to see them live. That's mostly what they played and it was great. HIM only played for about 40 minutes because the band before them, Placebo, was having techincle difficulties and they wanted to fix things after HIM went on.

All in all it was a great concert. I'm still partially deaf in my left ear and I have some bruises but man, totally kick ass.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy

man, sounds cool, wish I went >_>

Stardy = awesome
Old 08-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Half a Dollar

Smashing Pumpkins, anyone?
Old 09-07-2007, 09:40 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half a Dollar View Post
Smashing Pumpkins, anyone?
Pumpkins were cool until I started disliking the vocalist's voice. 1979 is still a kickass song though.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Ponyta Offline

Send a message via MSN to Ponyta

Smashing pumpkins were great, not heard any recent stuff.

I hate current pop with a fiery passion. Fall out boy, avril lavigne, panic at the disco, cute is what we aim for, pete doherty and babyshambles, the View, Amy Whinehouse, Lily Allen, I despise them, I hate them all!

Lovin the Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, any classical music, the Pogues, the Popes, 70's punk, Blondie and 80's new wave, Kula Shaker, Ocean Colour Scene, Oasis, Blur, Damon Alburn, and many more!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

I got their new album, Zeigeist, it's really good. Some of the newer songs make me wonder about what direction their going in, but overall, it's a pretty great album. (Unless it's your first time listening to them.)